El Hazard Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Gunsmith Cats Fan Fiction / Maison Ikkoku Fan Fiction / Nadesico Fan Fiction / Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Saber Marionette Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / Wings Of Honneamise Fan Fiction ❯ Wanderings ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Prologue

I first met Artican some two months ago. I was walking back from the market when I saw him. He was of moderate height, with a frame made for more mass than he possessed. Particularly noticable was a shock of white amidst the sea of black hair which adorned his head. While not an intimidating figure, he was capable of holding my attention. He was sitting on the curb of the sidewalk looking out into space with a contemplative look on his face. I merely glanced at him as I approached the street corner. As I checked for traffic, he spoke, asking if he could help me carry my bags. I began to refuse, but when he caught a sack which had fallen from my arms, I decided to take a chance and accept his offer.

We chatted as we walked to my apartment. He introduced himself as Artican Velbades, age twenty-two. He explained that he was a traveller, wandering about seeing new places and meeting new people. This struck me as odd, seeing as how he carried no equipment to set up a camp of any sort. When I asked about it, he said that he depended on the generosity of people that he met. Thus it was little surprise when, upon arriving at our destination, he asked if he could stay a few days at my apartment. While common sense screamed not to let him, something about him made me go against better judgement. That is how I came to know the wanderer named Artican Velbades.

What began as a short stay at my residence turned into a month-long visit. Surprisingly, this was at my request as I greatly enjoyed his company. During the day, we would walk about around town, talking to various people and seeing the sites offered locally. Around sunset, he would return to the apartment and relate to me his thoughts on what he had seen that day. He expressed wondrous insight regarding what he observed, usually finding the best in whatever had been presented to him. In addition, he also related the stories of the other places he had been. He told me of how that he had the ability to travel between worlds at will, and had spent the past months travelling to many different realities, each unique and special. I was held in awe as he related these stories to me.

In the end, I was sorry to see him leave, having made a good friend during his stay here. However, I am left with more than just memories. Before leaving, he allowed me to copy entries from his personal travel log. These entries relate much of what he described to me and also has futher insights into Artican himself. These entries I now relate in the following passages.

-Andrew E. Dosman