Elfen Lied Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Lied Inuyasha ❯ The Find ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The satisfying smell of warm cooking filled the kitchen as Kagome and Inuyasha entered. Kagome’s mother was busily getting dinner ready over at the oven while Souta and Gramps were discussing different types of ancient spellbinding scrolls. Kagome went to the fridge and snagged a water bottle from inside. Inuyasha casually walked around scanning the kitchen curiously his ears tweaking every now and then.

"Kagome, I’m sorry I haven’t got Inuyasha’s room finished quite yet." Kagome’s mom said turning to her. "I’ve just haven’t had the time."

"That’s OK, Mom. I totally understand. Inuyasha and I can go see if we can’t do something about it later." Kagome said after taking a long sip of water.

"Well, alright. But remember Gramps, Souta, and I are leaving to go take care of your aunt Jane. You know how sick she is, poor thing." Kagome’s mother said going to the sink to wash her hands. "So you and Inuyasha will have to stay here and take care of yourselves. Of course you could come with us."

"Mom, we’ll be fine. I am 18 now. I think we can handle it." Kagome protested.

"Yes, of course." Her mom sighed. "Besides it might be nice for him to settle in a bit too." She said glancing at Inuyasha.

"Yeah, don’t worry." Inuyasha said stepping toward Kagome and her mom. "If anything happens I’ll manage it. Nothing I can’t handle." He announced as he pulled Tetsegia from it’s sheath and allowing it to transform.

Souta’s head snapped up. "Oh, cool! You brought your sword!" He said excitedly running toward Inuyasha. "Can I see it? Please, please, please? Ah, c’mon!"

"Now, just hold it!" Inuyasha said trying to hold the sword above Souta so he couldn’t get it.

Kagome sighed turning toward her mother. "He’s such a show off." She whispered her mom softly chuckling.


"Your kidding, aren’t you?" Inuyasha asked standing before a room full of old junk. "We gotta clean this!?"

"Ah, c’mon, Inuyasha. It’s really not that bad. All we got to do is move all this stuff somewhere else and it’ll be done." Kagome said trying to get through the mayhem of items.

The room was piled to the top of junk, a bunch of it ancient or antique merchandise. Boxes were thrown to and fro, old clothes scattered everywhere. The chaos was so bad, you couldn’t even see the small twin bed within the room.

"Just my luck. I finally get done chasing an evil demon and now I got this to do. What next?" Inuyasha said quietly.

"C’mon, Inuyasha." She said tripping over one of Souta’s old skateboards. "It won’t be that bad."

"Hmmph. So where do you expect me to put all this useless junk?" He asked a little annoyed.

"Umm." She said pressing her finger to her lips in thought. "I guess I should’ve asked Mom that before she left."

"Oh, that’s just great! I don’t only gotta clean out the room but now I got to find a place to put all the stuff." Inuyasha said raising his arms.

Sighing, Kagome returned back to Inuyasha with difficulty. "Nevermind. Forget it! We’ll figure something else out when Mom gets back. For now you can sleep in the room down the hall." She said going to the kitchen.

"Oh, no I won’t." He protested stubbornly. "I’ll sleep on your floor during the meantime."

"Your joking, right?" Kagome said stopping to look at him. "If Mom ever found out she’d flip."

"Why would she flip?" Inuyasha asked suspiciously. "It’s not like we haven’t slept together before."

Kagome’s face went pale, the color quickly draining. She starred at Inuyasha with wide eyes, her right eye slightly twitching.

Inuyasha froze as he realized his mistake. Then to cover his embarrassment he angrily barked, "That’s not what I meant! What do you take me for!? A pervert!?"


Kagome relaxed as she noticed his cover up. Then teasingly she replied as she continued toward the kitchen. "You said it. Not me."

Speechless, Inuyasha stood uncertain on how to come back. "Yeah, well......you. That is......I."

Kagome chuckled to herself as she heard Inuyasha’s vain attempts to reply. "C’mon we better eat. I don’t know about you but I’m starving." She said entering the kitchen.

"Yeah, sure." Inuyasha growled fuming because of his unsuccessful conversation.


Night quickly covered the Higarashi shrine. All was peaceful as the moonlight lit the sky. Inuyasha contentedly leaned against the trunk of a large tree below Kagome’s lit window. His thoughts were few as he starred at the starry sky. He sat with his arms folded within his Hanoi, Tetsegia securely beside him. I’m actually here. Here with Kagome. He breathed deeply as the scent of her flowed from her window above.

He sighed in his pleasure. Now I don’t have to be alone. But the question still lies, what do I do with the jewel? As long as it still exists Kagome is still in danger. We must be rid of it before anything happens. Even here in this era anything unexpected can happen.

"Inuyasha. You can come back up now." Kagome called from within her room. After dinner she had wanted to change into her pajamas, preferring Inuyasha to not witness such a sight. No matter, it’s not like I even cared to see her naked. He told himself though he had already had a few incidents that he had his full share of a view. Just being with Kagome was enough for him. His love was true, not hampered by foolish desires.

Swiftly he rose and pounced into the tree, his claws digging into the bark. Powerfully he pulled himself onto a large limb that ran beside the window. Comfortably he leaned against the trunk of the tree from the limb.

"Well, aren’t we athletic." Kagome teased, sitting at a mirror brushing her hair. "You really sleeping in here tonight?"

"I’ll be fine out here." He said stretching across the limb. "Besides this is what I’m used to."

"Yeah?" She was glad. She hated to be apart from him, even when she slept. With Inuyasha near it just felt more natural. "As long as it suits you." She placed the brush down by the mirror. Rising she went to her bedside, and picking up an alarm she began setting it’s time.

"What are you doing?" Inuyasha asked as he watched her.

"I’m setting the alarm. I do have school tomorrow." She said placing it back in it’s place.

"School? I thought you were done with that." He said.

"No, but this is my last year." She said sliding under the covers of her bed. "Thankfully, I got a bunch of stuff done even when we were in the feudal era so I won’t be held back."

Inuyasha grunted as she turned out the lamp that had lit the room. "Oh yeah! Well, what am I gonna do all day while your off doing school?" He demanded.

"You don’t do school you go to school." She sighed. "I guess you could come with me."

"Are you kidding? Why would I wanna go with you?" He demanded stubbornly.

"Well, I can’t just leave a dog boy here to chase my cat around all day." She said closing her eyes.

"That only happened once!" Inuyasha said even more annoyed. "I could’ve sworn he was mocking me!"

Kagome buried her face in her pillow trying to hide her smile. "Goodnight, Inuyasha. We’ll figure it out tomorrow." She said tiredly.

"Alright, goodnight." He said relaxing within the bend of the limb. His ears tweaked as he listened to the crickets softly play their melody. It felt good to know he’d be with Kagome from now on. Quietly, he positioned himself so as to be ready for anything, making sure Tetsegia was an easy access. He starred at the moon as he felt himself become weary.

At least I can get a more fitful sleep. I haven’t had a good sleep since Naraku was defeated. Funny, how things can seem too easy too soon. Protecting Kagome was a pretty big factor as well. And now here we are. He sighed.

I wonder, what will school actually be like? Will Kagome honestly take me? Hmmph, probably not. But if she did, would it be any different than how I can imagine it? So many new things are found in this era. Kagome seemed pretty stressed trying to study for all those tests and assignments. It can’t be that hard could it?

He didn’t know quite what to make of the thought of going to school with Kagome, but as long as he was with her it didn’t matter. He let his thoughts wander for a time before he fell asleep to the soothing even breathing of Kagome asleep on her bed.


The sunlight poured into Kagome’s room as morning came. Yawning she opened her eyes to find two amber eyes starring peering at her. Impulsively she leapt up, slapping Inuyasha across the face.

Groaning Inuyasha leapt at her, clasping her hand. "What the hell was that for!?" He yelled taken by surprise. "Jeez, do you always gotta hit me!?" He said rubbing the bright red handprint on his cheek.

"Well, what do you expect when your hovering over me like that." Kagome said try to get her heart to cease it’s fierce pounding. "If I didn’t know better I’d say you were stalking me." She said getting out of bed.

"Please, I wouldn’t waste my time." He said regaining his ego as he arrogantly folded his arms and looking in another direction.

"What’s that supposed to mean?" She demanded, going to her drawer to grab some clothes.

"I’m just trying to say if I was going to actually stalk someone, she’d have to be a little attractive. That’s all." He said his chin high.

"Oh, really." She said her fists clenching. Then with a slight smirk. "Inuyasha." He cocked his head curiously to see what she was doing. Then loudly she yelled, "Sit boy!"

Suddenly, a powerful yank jerked Inuyasha to the floor, his body hitting hard. "Uh, Kagome!" He yelled trying to regain his posture.

"Serves you right." She said matter of factly. "Now I’m going to go get showered and don’t even think about following." Then before disappearing out into the hall, "You might want to actually think about bathing yourself, I don’t need you smelling like a dog."

He silently growled to himself. "You obviously hadn’t got a whiff of yourself." He said under his breath. Suddenly a loud siren went off behind him, causing Inuyasha to jump practically out of his skin. Whirling around he drew Tetsegia, ready for the worst. Vibrating on Kagome’s bedside was the morning alarm, as it loudly sounded.

Sighing, he snatched the alarm, trying to find a way to silence the siren. For a moment he toyed with the knobs and buttons until finally it drove him absolutely mad. Frustrated he threw it hard into the tree were it crashed into the bark and fell to the ground below. The siren instantly died on impact. Relieved, Inuyasha left Kagome’s room to go to the kitchen.

Sniffing about he tried to seek out something worth his while to eat but quickly gave up. Kagome was an excellent cook and with all this new technology there was no way he could prepare something near as good. Bored he slumped into a chair, gently tracing the table with his long claws.

A few minutes later Kagome walked in, her hair tied in a large towel and in her hand an electric hair dryer. Sitting down beside Inuyasha, she plugged in the dryer and began drying her hair. "Are you about done yet?" He asked impatiently.

"Yeah, but what about you? Your not honestly going to wear that old Hanoi, are you?" She asked inquiringly.

"Of course, what else am I supposed to wear?" He asked defensively.

"Nevermind, we’ll just have to go shopping when Mom gets returns. Then we can find you some more stylish apparel." She said finishing her hair.

"Yeah, whatever." He said dully.

"Oh, speaking of which." She got up and went by the back door, snatching a cap from off on of the coat hangers.

Going to Inuyasha, she placed the cap on his head, hiding his doglike ears. "What are you-" He started.

"Remember there are no demons in my era. If you go out in public like this they’ll probably capture you for scientific tests or something." She said.

Kagome glanced up at the clock. "Crud, we’re gonna be late!" Frantic she dashed up the stairs snatching her backpack, before swiftly running to the door. Inuyasha was ready outside when Kagome finally joined up with him.

"So, where do we go?" He asked following beside her as she quickly walked up the sidewalk.

"We’ve already missed the bus, we’ll have to walk." She said hastening even more.

"Well, if you’d tell me where we’re going I could carry you there." He said matter of factly. "We’d get there much faster."

Kagome hesitated, "I suppose so, just as long as you stick to the back streets." She said. "We don’t need anyone asking weird questions."

"Yeah, alright." He said hunching down for her to climb on his back. Gripping her legs, he swiftly took off into an alley, guided by Kagome’s directions.


"We’re making excellent time." Kagome said holding on tight to Inuyasha’s shoulders as he ran.

"Told you." He replied.

Coming out of another alley, he ran along an open trail leading toward the ocean. "OK, now just follow this along the shore and it will take you right to the school." Kagome said pointing up ahead.

"Got it."

The breeze whipped at Kagome’s hair as she held to the base of Inuyasha’s neck. His stride was smooth and long, and never seemed to falter. His long silver hair brushed about her face, his scent, even to her, strong. He felt so strong, holding onto her as he carried her across the shore.

Suddenly a form caught her eye, in the ocean’s waters. It was about 10 yards away but Kagome was certain it was a human. "Inuyasha! Look, over there in the water. Is that a person?" Kagome pointed out.

"Yeah, I think so but,-" He began.

"Go over there real quick, I wonder why their here." She said.

Without arguing he smoothly turned toward that direction, his strides swiftly eating up the distance. He quickly slowed as he neared her and about 3 yards away he stopped. Kagome lightly slid from his back, heading toward the person.

"Kagome, I thought we were trying to avoid letting others see us." Inuyasha stated, annoyed.

"Yeah, but even if we kept going they had to have seen us." Looking up Kagome studied the form for a moment. "I think...I think it’s a girl. And she’s naked."

"Huh?" Inuyasha asked, impulsively glancing toward the girl.

She had long red hair that hung over her head, hiding her face. Her head was bent, her hands clasping it tightly. She trembled slightly as if in pain and she appeared to be about the age of 17 or 18. She was totally unclothed as she stood within the shin deep water.

Inuyasha starred curiously as the girl seemed to be fighting some kind of battle within. Then uncertain he cleared his throat. "Um?"

The girl’s head shot up, noticing Kagome and Inuyasha for the very first time. Suddenly, all traces of a war within herself vanished as fear filled the young woman’s eyes. She was confused and scared. She didn’t know who these people were or why they were here. Uncertain, she quickly took off running before tripping on a branch and falling into the sand.

Shocked and afraid she loudly began crying as she rose to her knees. Kagome froze for a moment as she tried to think of what to do. She’s like a child. A young child confused and frightened. Kagome glanced at Inuyasha who was still starring at the nude girl.

"Inuyasha!" She said pushing him away.

"What!?" He demanded.

Suddenly she got an idea. "Nevermind. Just take off your clothes!"

"My what?"

"Just do it!"