Elfen Lied Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Lied Inuyasha ❯ Nyuu ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Inuyasha stood stripped of his shirt and upper Hanoi as he faced the ocean his arms folded. His ears were cocked back as he tried to listen to Kagome and the girl. Kagome stood a ways off from him with the long red head trying to dress her the best she could with his clothes. The Hanoi and shirt were both way too big but luckily they had covered all the spots that they needed to.

"I wonder if she even understands our language." Inuyasha said his back still to them.

"I don’t know, but come here for a sec." Kagome said stepping back, as she studied the girl. Her eyes were still wet from her tears and she seemed real uncomfortable as she watched the two, confused.

"Look at this wound," Kagome said brushing the girl’s long hair back, exposing a large gash that oozed with blood upon the left side of her head. "It looks awful. I wonder how she got it."

"Yeah, it doesn’t look good at all." He said studying it. Then he looked up. "Hey, what are these?" He said looking at her horns curiously.

"I don’t know." Kagome said stepping toward again, reaching toward them. "They look a lot like-" She froze as her fingers touched the bone. "Their real!" She exclaimed backing up. She glanced at Inuyasha. "Their...their almost like your ears!"

"What?!" He asked confused. He went toward the girl. Leaning in he studied her, his face inches from hers.

"Nyuu?" She eyed him nervously, as he raised his hand to feel the odd horns. It‘s true, they are real.

He folded his arms in thought. Kagome, stood still trying to decide what to do. Still, Inuyasha couldn’t take his gaze from this strange girl. She somehow seemed familiar. But how could that be. Suddenly, a strange image played within Inuyasha’s mind.

The image seemed distorted as colors melded one with another, the color red more prominent. Slowly the form of a small girl became clear, her shape smearing within his forgotten memory. Her face was hidden behind a veil of red hair, only her nose and mouth uncovered. Hauntingly, the girl mouthed a word, her voice echoing within Inuyasha’s consciousness. "Liar!"

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled, snapping Inuyasha from the memory.

"What!" He demanded, frustrated at being torn from his memory.

"Let’s take her back to our place." Kagome said as she adjusted the large clothing on the girl. "It won’t hurt if I miss just one more day."

"What do ya mean?" Inuyasha said. "Why don’t we just take her?" He asked.

Kagome gave him a cold glare. "Oh yeah, right. We’ll just take a half dressed girl who can’t say anything but "Nyuu" to school." She said turning back to the girl. "Besides we couldn’t go now even if we wanted."

"Nyuu."

"Oh yeah, why not!?" He asked stubbornly.

Looking down at Inuyasha’s loins Kagome said, "I seriously don’t think they’ll allow a sword at school."

Inuyasha glanced down. Sure enough there was Tetsegia securely sheathed at his side. "Well, what if I gotta protect myself?" He asked defensively.

"From what?" Kagome asked sarcastically. "The girls at school?" Sorry Inuyasha, but they only like good looking guys." She gently took the girl’s hand in hers. "C’mon, we’ll go get you some real clothes and maybe something to eat too." She said leading the girl away from Inuyasha.

"Hey! Wait a sec. Where you going!" Inuyasha yelled as they left.

"I swear, he can be so immature at times." Kagome said still leading the girl.

"Nyuu." She said.


Kagome reached the front door, the red haired girl walking right behind her. Inuyasha was back a ways mutturing under his breath. Kagome searched her pocket for a key. The girl curiously watched as the flowers from the trees drifted from off their limbs to float within the breeze. A small pink flower lightly fell upon her nose. Her eyes took in everything. It all seemed so new, yet she also could grasp certain things.

Inuyasha watched her from behind. Like Kagome, he also though her as nothing more than a mere child. Her eyes were full of both fear and wonder, taking in everything. The fact that she could only say "Nyuu" supported her childishness.

Kagome opened the door, allowing them in. Inuyasha followed after the girl, noting her eyes widen as she saw the inside of the house.

"So, what do you think we should call her?" Kagome asked. "I mean she should have a name."

The girl went to a large antique clock. It had stopped working years ago yet there was a certain shimmer in her eyes that glowed as she saw it. Inuyasha watched her as he replied, "Why not just call her Nyuu? I mean that’s what she’s always saying." He suggested.

"Nyuu?" Kagome asked. The girl suddenly tightened her legs and began pacing about in an odd pattern.

"See, she likes it." Inuyasha said watching her.

"Nyuu! Nyuu!" The girl said tugging at Kagome’s sleeve.

"What is it?" Kagome asked before the girl dropped onto the ground. She smiled with a sigh.

"See, she’s happy." Inuyasha added before a yellow puddle formed about the girl as she relieved herself.

Kagome shot a glare at Inuyasha. "Yeah, she’s happy alright." His face quickly reddening.



Kagome was in the tub with Nyuu as she quickly washed her. She massaged her with soap before pouring warm water down her. "To think you would pee in such a place." Kagome said sighing. "I guess we’ll have to teach you more than just how to speak properly."

Inuyasha was down the hall, washing the floor with a rag. A bucket sat not too far, full of warm water. His chest and arms were still bare as he hadn’t had the chance of getting his Hanoi and shirt back yet. He grunted as he thought about Nyuu. Odd how she seemed to know so little. Was she mentally retarded? Or perhaps was the wound something to do with all this?

He looked up as he heard footsteps. Kagome entered with Nyuu dressed in a loose sleeveless shirt and a pair of shorts. "Can you believe this is all that would fit her?" She asked going to Inuyasha to give him his clothes. Nyuu stood behind Kagome as she curiously pulled at her shirt exposing a breast. Inuyasha flinched as he watched her.

Kagome noticed the clean job he had done. "Oh, I didn’t mean for you to do all this." She said snapping Inuyasha’s attention back to her.

"Yeah, I know. Figured I’d do it though." He said getting up to slip on his clothes.

"I’ll put this stuff away." She said picking up the rag and bucket. "I guess I better get something ready to eat, it’s almost noon."