Elfen Lied Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Lied Inuyasha ❯ Pieces To The Puzzle ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome quickly walked up the sidewalk as the rain poured. The streets were dark and large puddles had formed upon the asphalt. What was left the moonlight shimmered upon the raindrops as they fell. Sure is pretty. Kagome thought. She had told Inuyasha that she had left to find someone that may be looking for Nyuu but that was only half the truth.

After Inuyasha had said that someone might be looking for Nyuu it did peek her interest into going to the police station and checking it out. But she had also wanted to get out and think a little. Strange how things seemed to have changed since Naraku had been defeated. Everything seems too easy now. No more traps, tricks, or anything. Just a normal life with a half demon named Inuyasha from the Japan Feudal Era.

She chuckled. Then her thoughts went to the jewel. She reached down her shirt and pulled out the precious gem. The Shikon No Tama, the Jewel of Four Souls, had caused so much trouble to finally make whole and regain. Kagome smiled. Now what would they do with it? Inuyasha had said something about becoming full human once for Kikyo. So would he try for Kagome?

Kagome sighed. It didn’t matter to her. She loved Inuyasha no matter what happened. She wasn’t afraid to admit to herself that she actually did love Inuyasha now. It seemed almost natural, now that they had spent three long years together trying to find the shards of the jewel and defeating Naraku. She only wished that Inuyasha felt the same. But how could he not? After all they’ve been through and all that he had done with and for Kagome it was if it was completely obvious. Why would he return with her to her era if he didn’t love her?

She looked up to see the police station. I’m here already? That was quick. She thought as she walked up the walk to the doors.


Dr. Kurama silently walked down the corridor toward the central office of the facility, Dr. Garashi close behind. His eyes were narrowed in thought as he walked, his frustration evident. Dr. Garashi was a woman about in her mid 40’s and had long brown hair that she usually kept tied in a ponytail. Her eyes were also a lit brown as well.

Dr. Garashi silently wondered at Dr. Kurama’s anger. She had been gone at the time the escape had occurred but she had been within this field for the last five years. She had seen plenty to know what she had gotten herself into and had worked with Dr. Kurama all that time. So why was he so edgy about what had taken place?

"Dr. Garashi." Dr. Kurama said as he walked as if answering her thoughts. "What you are about to see may surprise or even shock you. You may wonder why I take this escape so seriously. You don’t know Lucy as well as I." He said nearing two large iron doors with the number 13 printed upon them.

Dr. Garashi studied each of the subjects that the facility had taken in well and knew quite a bit about subject 13 or as Dr. Kurama called her, Lucy. She knew of Lucy’s vector range and how she was captured and even had an estimate of how many humans she had killed before coming to the facility. But, what she didn’t know was Lucy herself and that was what Dr. Kurama did know.

"Dr. Kurama," Dr. Garashi began. "How serious is this? What are the malfunctions that took place that allowed Lucy to escape?"

"That’s the problem." Dr. Kurama replied stopping before the doors. "There was only one. And that wasn’t until after she had killed everyone. The exit door was open." He said typing a code unto a number pad to unlock the cell.

"You mean she.....the cage?" Dr. Garashi tried to ask as she was caught by surprise.

"Yes." He said as the doors began to open revealing a ball of twisted and broken metal. "She completely destroyed it."

Dr. Garashi stood back in awe. Never before had a Diclonius been so powerful as to cause so much damage as this. Blood stained the cell walls and covered the floor. The cage still dripped of the wet crimson that had painted it.

"So..." She started. "We’re dealing with a lot more than just a normal subject."

"Yes." He said. "We are."


Lightning streaked across the sky outside of Mr. Kimuru’s large office. He was an older gentlemen, what was left of his hair whitening with his age. He stood before his large window overlooking the ocean’s raging waters. The office had been built within the facility, him being the founder of the whole production. His hands were clasped behind his back, his eyes scanning the seas intently.

Not moments ago an employee had come to inform him that the Red Team had sent in a message beginning to imply that they actually had seized the escapee. But, unfortunately the message had been interrupted and had gone static during the repeat. Mr. Kimuru smirked. "Damn you, Bandit." He growled to himself. He knew well Bandit’s intentions and he would make sure that Bandit would pay dearly for it.

Not that he cared if Bandit killed innocent lives or not. That was what he had been trained for after all. No, he wanted Lucy, alive. Sure, he had announced that the subject may be dead or alive but he had also explained that the subject coming back alive was a high priority. He needn’t explain why of course for it was for his own reasons that he planned this.



Kagome entered the police station, unzipping her jacket. Her thoughts seemed to be else where as she entered. She quickly went to the counter where an officer sat writing down notes. He looked up as she approached.

"How may I help you?" He asked kindly.

"Um." She tried to begin. "I was just wondering. Has there been any reports on someone missing or lost?" She asked. "I got this school assignment that I’m kinda doing." She quickly covered.

"No, not that I’m aware." He chuckled. "And I’m here almost 24/7."

"Ok, thanks." Kagome said turning to leave.

Two men dressed in large tan overcoats entered the station. One was about 5’5 and had short brown hair. The other was probably near 6’3 and had a shaven head. They both brushed past Kagome toward the counter as she left. The brown haired man pulled out a photo as he reached the policeman and placed it on the counter.

"We’re looking for this girl." The man said. "Have you seen her?"

"Oh?" The officer said. Too bad that that girl just left. He took the photo and studied it carefully. It was photo of a young woman with long red hair. She was dressed in a white T-Shirt and was looking at the camera with narrowed eyes. "No, I’m afraid not. Did she run off from home?"

"Not quite." The man said quickly. "But we need your whole force to be on this. The public cannot be involved." He hastily added.

"How serious is this?" The officer asked suspiciously.

"We’re professionally trained investigators." Claimed the man. "We’ve been hired to find this girl for classified reasons. She’s been involved in a large accident concerning the death of many people. We need to find her to get some answers. If one of your guys finds her, call this number." He said handing a card to the officer. "Can I entrust this responsibility in you?"

"Yes, yes of course." The officer said nodding.

"Fine then. Have a good evening." The man said before him and his partner left.

The officer glanced over at the photo on the counter. An accident, huh? Poor girl. Hope it didn’t traumatize her too much.


Kagome started back for home. The rain had finally died to a trickle as she tightened her jacket about her. Well, that’s good. Now at least I don’t have to worry about finding Nyuu’s home. How can I if I can’t even find someone who’s looking for her. She paused for a moment. I wonder if Inuyasha has found Nyuu yet. Wonder where she could of gone.

Then it hit her. The beach, she had to be there. Quickly, Kagome ran through the streets, heading to the ocean.