Elfen Lied Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Lied Inuyasha ❯ Healing Hearts ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome waited patiently within the hospital room, Inuyasha sound asleep in a bed across from her. It had been hard explaining to the doctors that he wished to keep her hand made bandanna on as they checked him for any head injuries. Luckily, the cat scan hadn’t picked up his ears within the cloth. Now he laid asleep, his breathing even.

She smiled. He looked so peaceful, laying there. It reminded her of the first time they met, for he had been asleep then too. Bound to the sacred tree, it’s stray limbs wrapped about him. Now he laid dressed in a large white T-shirt that the hospital provided. Luckily, she had gotten a couple of extra Hanoi outfits for Inuyasha from Kaede before they left, some of them even different colors. She sighed. Like Inuyasha would wear anything different. It didn’t matter, she kinda liked that about him.

The doctors were also surprised that Inuyasha even survived the onslaught he endured. He had barely been clinging to life when he arrived in the emergency room. They all probably thought Kagome was crazy for telling them not to do anything more than just make sure the bleeding stopped and that he was completely sterile. Kagome knew full well that his body would heal much better and faster if his wounds were left alone. She had also made sure that Tetsegia was at his side at all times as well. Although she figured it no longer had much more use in aiding him, she knew it might be dangerous to separate it from him. The last thing she needed was his demon self taking over.

Inuyasha suddenly coughed as he slowly regained his consciousness. His vision was blurred at first but it quickly faded to normal. Kagome stood up, coming to his side.

"Inuyasha. Thank goodness your OK." She said sitting beside him, her hand clasping his.

"Kagome." He said, his voice scratchy.

"Your fine." She assured him. "Just rest." She placed her hand upon the blood soaked bandanna. His head was warm, he was running a fever. What happened to you, Inuyasha? Who did this to you and why? She burned with questions but she knew she had to resist. Inuyasha would need all the strength he could muster to recover from this.

Weakly, he tried to get up, his arms shaking from the effort. He gasped as a large of pain swept through his body.

"Inuyasha, don’t. You’ll reopen your wounds." She said as she gently tried to steady him.

"Nevermind that." He growled through his clenched teeth. "Where’s Nyuu?"

Kagome gasped. She had forgotten all about Nyuu. "I-I don’t know." She stuttered, suddenly worried for her.

"That son of a bitch!" Inuyasha hissed. "I’ll kill him." He said as he continued to try and get out the bed.

"What are you talking about?" Kagome managed to ask before a rap came at the room door as two men entered.

Both were dressed in large tan overcoats. One was probably about 5 and a half feet and the other somewhere around 6 foot. Unfortunately, Kagome along with the other men failed to recognize one another. The shorter man had a head full of brown hair while the other bore a shaven head. Neither seemed to acknowledge Kagome as their eyes were lying intently upon Inuyasha.

"Excuse me, but may we speak with the patient? Alone." The brown haired man asked.

Kagome glanced nervously at Inuyasha. He nodded for her to leave. She squeezed his hand before getting up. Quietly she shut the door behind her, taking a seat at a chair next to the door.


Inuyasha propped himself up as he studied the men. They too seemed to be studying him. Then the brown haired man broke the silence, "Those are some nasty wounds you’ve received. Your lucky to be alive."

"Keh. Tell me something I don know?" Inuyasha said glaring at them. His returning attitude a sign of his rapid healing. "You didn’t come here just to tell me that, know did you? What do you want?" He asked seriously.

"We want to know what it was that you saw, at the beach." The shaven head man said. "What happened?"

"I was attacked. By a soldier." He said.

"A soldier?" The brown haired man asked surprised. "What reason would a soldier have to attack you?"

"How would I know?" Inuyasha almost demanded. "He shot me."

"Was there anyone else?" The shaven head man asked. "A girl maybe?"

"A girl?" Inuyasha asked, raising his head.

"Yes, a girl with long red hair." The brown haired explained. "Probably a few years younger than you."

They must mean Nyuu. Inuyasha thought. He hesitated. This alarmed the men.

"Was there anyone else?" Demanded the shaven headed man.

Inuyasha’s gaze met his. "There was another soldier." He answered. He noticed the men were not completely satisfied with his answer. "But, yes." He began, thinking fast. "There was a girl, but she was blonde and ran off after the soldiers threatened me."

The brown haired man looked at the shaven headed man. The shaven headed man nodded.

"Fine then." The brown haired man said, beginning to leave. "We’ll check into these soldiers." He paused at the door. "We do apologize for the trouble, these soldiers were supposed to be within a training field and seemed to crossover out of their lines. A simple but deadly mistake. We will be sure it doesn’t happen again. Take care." He said before they both left.

Kagome slipped back in as they left. She watched them leave before returning to Inuyasha. He managed to summon the strength to rise from the bed. She knew he was healing fast. "Are you sure you don’t want to stay and rest?" She asked worriedly.

He looked at her. She understood yet she wished he wouldn’t push himself so hard. After all he had been through in his life Inuyasha gained a difficulty in trusting others, it made no difference here. She sighed as she went to him, helping him out of the bed.


Kagome walked close beside Inuyasha, watching him nervously. The doctors had nearly went hysterical when Inuyasha passed the front desk and headed out the doors. Stubborn as he was, he never looked back as he headed up the sidewalk beside Kagome, going home.

The rain had finally stopped, but puddles still clung unto the wet pavement. Kagome guessed it had to be near two or even three in the morning. It had certainly been a long night. The moon was descending the night sky, it’s large shard of light still shimmering upon the damp roads.

Inuyasha clenched his teeth as he walked, every step sent a jolt of pain through his body but he was determined to get home. Anger smoldered within him, and by the time he healed enough to fight again it would be a roaring flame. He would kill that cocky bastard that had wounded him and threatened Nyuu.

Nyuu? Where was she? Was she OK? His head throbbed, his temple felt as if it was about to burst. Kagome said that he had suffered from not only the gun shot but also from a pretty bad concussion as well. He felt sick, but immediately swallowed it down. He would stay strong, he had to find Nyuu.

Before leaving the hospital, Kagome had bound his head in a bandage to not only cover his ears, but also cover a large gash that Bandit had left after striking him with his gun. Inuyasha clenched his fists. Just the thought of that him made his blood boil.

Kagome still watched Inuyasha, his eyes narrowed as he gritted his teeth, his fists clenching. Kagome knew that he would try to go after who ever tried to kill him. She had to get him to stay at the house, to rest up. They were nearing the drive. Gently, she slid her arm around his.

"What are y-?" Inuyasha tried to ask before Kagome interrupted.

"C’mon, you need to rest." She said her eyes on the house as she led him toward it. "You can’t fight, not like this."

"Oh yeah," He said trying to withdraw his arm from her.

She turned to him, her eyes on his. "Inuyasha. Please, don’t." Tears began to form in her eyes.

"Kagome?" He asked softly. It hurt him to see her like this.

She stepped into him, her fingers grasping his shirt. She buried her face into his shoulder, crying. "I was so scared!" She sobbed. "I thought....I thought.....I thought you were dead!"

He stood paralyzed by her emotion. Did she really care for him that much? Did it really scare her that much that he might of died? He felt her trembling violently against him.

"Kagome." He embraced her. Her tears were stinging his wounds but he ignored it. She felt so warm, there in his arms. He wanted to stay like that forever, to just be there, with her.

She pulled her head from him, looking up. "Please, Inuyasha. Don’t fight. Not until your better, please." Tears streamed from her eyes as she still trembled.

He pulled her back into him, holding her. Her trembles slowly began to fade. "I’ll stay." He said softly. Her sobs began to die as he stood with her in his arms. His head leaning against her.


Inuyasha slowly made his way to the front door of the house. Kagome had quickly gone to the well to travel back to the Feudal Era to get some herbs to help heal his wounds. He knew well that her era’s medicines may be just as good, maybe even better but she insisted on using the remedies he was used to. Besides it shouldn’t take her all that long.

Suddenly, he looked up. Nyuu’s scent hung in the air. A dark form sat huddled within the corner, beside the entry door. Startled, she looked up.

"Nyuu?"

Relieved for her safety, he kneeled beside her. "Thank god your alright." He said pulling her into him, hugging her.

She closed her eyes, feeling his warmth. She felt so cold and she was still shivering. He felt her shake against him. Then, she quickly pried herself from him. She extended her arm to him, opening her palm.

"Nyuu."

In her palm lied a small pink shell almost identical to the one she had broken. Inuyasha felt his heart stop. She held the shell toward him, pleading he take it. Gently, he took it from her hand. His eyes studied the fragile shell.

He looked at her warmly. "Thanks." He said smiling.