Elfen Lied Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Lied Inuyasha ❯ Found ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The sun shone warm from it’s light blue domain from above as Mayu jogged across the walk that ran parallel to the beach. She couldn’t help but smile knowing that from now on this is how she would live. She loved her new school and had even began to make new friends. She was also eager for Kagome’s mother, grandfather, and her brother Souta’s return so that she may meet them. It was just yesterday that she found out that she’d be in Souta’s class.

Mayu paused, breathing in deep the sweet salt air. It had been three days since the day that Kagome and Inuyasha adopted her. Three days that she had been able to live life completely carefree since her father passed away. She gazed out over the ocean’s waters fully content.

She turned, continuing down the walk. Suddenly, a loud voice cut through her thoughts.

"What the hell do you think your doing!"

Mayu jerked around, facing the beach again.

A tall, broad shouldered man stood yelling at a pair of teens a pop can clenched in his palm. He was rough looking and not as well kept as before but Mayu recognized him instantly as the man she had found in the cargo hold with a broken arm.

"Don’t ever leave shit lying around here again!" Bandit yelled as the teens took off running.

Mayu hesitated, then walked out into the beach.

Bandit sighed. "Damn kids." He growled. Suddenly, he noticed Mayu. "What do you want?" He demanded.

Mayu stopped a few feet away, a little nervous at the man’s aggression.

"Your arm," She began. "It’s better?"

Bandit straightened, curious now. "Who are you?" He snapped.

"I helped you." Mayu said. "You were hurt and I went for help."

"Oh yeah." He said remembering now. "You were that brat."

Mayu lightly smiled, unsure whether he was kidding or not.

"I guess this means I owe you one then, huh." He said grunting as he pulled something from his pant pocket.

"No, I just-" Mayu started.

"Here." He said handing her a piece of crumbled paper with a line of numbers scrawled on it. "It’s my cell. If anyone ever gives you any trouble, call me. I’ll kill em‘."

"Th-Thanks." Mayu said taking the paper.

He sighed, looking out over the beach. It had taken him nearly two days now to clean the place up and he still caught people throwing their junk away here and there. If he was going to have another run with that horned of a bitch he’d have to make sure that there was nothing that she could use as a weapon. He had been lucky enough to have gotten a gun when he did too. As soon as he had escaped the hospital he immediately used his, at present, still valid mercenary identification to get hold of a 50 caliber pistol. She wouldn’t get the best of him again. Not this time.

"So," Mayu began, drawing Bandit’s attention back to her. "Your really all better?"

"Let’s just say I had a little help." He shrugged. "But, I still have some unfinished business with that horned freak." He growled.

"Horned freak?" Mayu asked. "Do you mean Nyuu?"

Bandit tensed. "You know her?" He asked instantly recalling that insistent mewing of that bitch. "Nyuu."

Mayu hesitated, unsure.

"Where is she?" Bandit yelled, roughly yanking her at him by the front of her shirt. His fingers curled around the fabric, pulling her up to her toes, her face inches from his.

"Where?" He growled again, his breath whisking against her face.

Mayu’s closed her eyes, her teeth gritting in her terror.

"I said where is she!" He bellowed slapping her hard across the face.

Mayu cried out, her head thrown to the side at his hit. She could feel warm blood oozing from her nose as it slithered down her face. Her eyes were clenched, her fist clenched. Suddenly, her eyes flew open.

"Help me!" She gasped at him. "Help me!"

"What!" He yelled, jerking her roughly.

Struggling, she raised the crumpled piece of paper in front of him, breathing hard.

"Somebody’s giving me trouble!" She gasped. "I need your help!"

Bandit hesitated, his fury rising.

"Are you going to keep your word?" Mayu challenged. "Or are you a man?"

Bandit growled, his fists clenching tight. Suddenly, he threw her hard to the ground.

"You better hope I never see your face again!" He yelled down at her before turning away, stalking down the beach.

Weakly, Mayu pulled herself to her knees. Blood still streamed from her nose as she fazed over her shoulder after Bando.

"Nyuu’s in trouble." She breathed.


"Why’s everyone starring?" Inuyasha asked, paranoid. "You don’t think that they see anything do you?" He asked, his eyes darting across the mass of students that throbbed around them, most of their eyes on odd trio.

"Calm down." Kagome soothed him as she adjusted the ribbon that hid Nyuu’s horns. "It’s probably just because your wearing those old clothes of yours."

"Nyuu!" Nyuu cried excitedly.

"What do you mean old!" Inuyasha challenged.

"Nyuu!" Nyuu cried again.

"I mean their ancient." Kagome said. "You look like a complete idjit.

"Yes!" Nyuu cried causing both Inuyasha and Kagome to look at her simultaneously.

"I guess she’s learning more words." Kagome acknowledged.

"It’d be nice if she’d remember our names though." Inuyasha sighed, following Kagome as the school bell rang.

"You shouldn’t complain." Kagome said. "She’s said your name."

"Once." Inuyasha growled.


"This isn’t going to be easy," Kagome said. "I’ve heard that Mr. Kimuru is a tough professor."

Her, Inuyasha, and Nyuu were all three seated in the middle of the room, the other students loudly talking around them. Inuyasha sat next to Kagome, slouched down comfortably, with Nyuu on her other side.

"Yes!" She cried again.

"I really wish she’d stop that." Kagome said. "How are we going to explain her to Mr. Kimuru?"

"Stopping worrying would you." Inuyasha grunted. "She’ll be fine."

"I suppose." Kagome said watching the beaming Nyuu beside her.

"Hey, Kagome?"

"Yeah, Inuyasha?"

"Where’s those annoying friends of yours anyway?" Inuyasha asked, bored. "Don’t they go here?"

"You mean Naomi, Oni, and Yuka?" Kagome asked. "They’ve graduated already. I have to take an extra year because I’m so behind."

"Yes!" Nyuu cried.

"Why?" Inuyasha asked. "Are you stupid or something?"

"Huh?" Kagome hesitated. "What are you talking about!" She demanded.

"I’ve never gone to school before and yet your in my class right?" Inuyasha pointed out.

"Oh." Kagome sighed. "Forget it."

"Yes!" Nyuu yelled.

"Alright class, simmer down now." Professor Kimuru said, entering the room, a book opened in front of his face. "In 1965, this part of our country was founded. Can anyone tell me who was the founder? How about you Miss Wu? You don’t know?" He asked. Then glancing about the room he asked. "Does anyone think they can answer?"

Suddenly, Nyuu’s hand flew up. "Yes!" She cried.

Inuyasha and Kagome froze, their eyes on Nyuu.

"Ye-?" The professor began, his eyes meeting Nyuu. He stopped in horror. It...it can’t be! He thought. But, it was. Right before him was her, Lucy. That inhuman killer that had escaped his father’s labs in a trail of blood. The one which he sought.

Inuyasha and Kagome glanced at each other simultaneously before rising from their seats.

"Uh, she’s not feeling really well." Kagome covered, grabbing Nyuu by her shoulders and leading her from her seat.

"Yeah, so we’ll just-" Inuyasha tried to add.

"Everyone," The professor announced. "Class dismissed. Except for you three."

The trio immediately stopped, their eyes turning toward the professor.