Eureka Seven Fan Fiction ❯ Un-normal life of a Coralian ❯ Start of a un-normal life ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This is my first story that I have finally started to type so I hope you R&R \
Enjoy
Disclaimer: I don't own Eureka Seven
People were running to the red and white LFO that was just crouched still, but that was what worried the people. It seems that everything in the test had gone wrong and now there was no response from the pilots. The one at the head of the pack was Dr. Sonia Wakabayashi, who was worried about one particular pilot that she knew so well. As soon as she opened the hatch, she fell back from shock while letting out a scream, tumbling down the LFO in the process with many bumps and bruises from just rolling down the arm. One of the workers climbed up fast to look at what the doctor had seen and almost tumbled back from shock himself. Inside on one of the seats was a 4 year old girl with Aqua/teal hair and lavender eyes staring up at him and the other seat empty.
“So Adroc Thurston disappeared and the Coralian has turned into a young girl.” a man with silver hair said who was standing behind a desk with a report in his hand.
“Yes Lieutenant Colonel Novak.” Dr Sonia said, not knowing what else to say in the matter. Lieutenant Colonel Dewey Novak was the next in charge after Adroc Thurston, or now head after Adroc's mysterious disappearance, and was some one you didn't cross if you wanted to live.
“Who is looking after it at the moment?” Lieutenant Colonel Novak said with Sonia flinching at the word “it”.
“She is with Dr Mischa Egan.” was all Sonia could say. Dewey threw the file onto the desk and looked to Sonia.
“Find some way to make it able drive the Nirvash and find a new pilot for it.” Dewey said with so little emotion that she flinched again. “Any problems?” the Lieutenant Colonel asked Sonia.
“No Sir.” Sonia answered. “None at all.”
 
Sonia walked as normally as she could, which was not working very well as her steps were rushed, down one of the military's metal hallways. Sonia turned down another corner before seeing her destination, Eureka's room. Sonia felt like she couldn't get the door open fast enough as she walked into the room and saw the, now, young girl drawing with some crayons while kicking her legs up and down. Sonia could not help but smile at the young girl, before she remembered the fate that awaited her.
“Is something wrong, Sonia.” Came a voice behind Sonia, making her jump in the process. Sonia turned around to see Mischa Egan, one of her co-workers and friend.
“Nothing is wrong Mischa.” Sonia said with a straight face. “You must be tired. Why don't you go see your husband and rest?” Mischa smiled as she thought about her husband Dr. Greg `Bear' Egan. “Alright, call me if you have any trouble.” And with that, Mischa walked out of the room. Sonia waited to hear the echoing of the shoes walking down the hallway to disappear before rushing around the room collecting items she might need for what she had planned.
 
Sonia had packed everything into the Nirvash was now carrying a sleeping Eureka to the one of a kind LFO. Sonia knew that she didn't have long before someone would come and check up on Eureka and find her missing. Dewey Novak sent people to check on Eureka every hour and she only had 10 minutes left before they make their rounds and it would take half that time just to get to the hanger. Sonia looked at the sleeping face of the human coralian that, to her, looked like an angel and found it hard to believe such a face had the ability to cause so much destruction. This furthered her resolve to take Eureka as far away from the military as possible. She opened the door that led into the hanger and rushed over to the red and white LFO that was their ticket to freedom - well she hoped. Sonia laid Eureka into one of the seats and heard her murmuring something, though she couldn't hear what she said. This made her stop for a moment because Eureka had never spoken the entire time she had been in the military. Unfortunately she didn't have time to listen, but when she had got away and found a safe place to hide from the military; she'd be happy to listens to Eureka's voice to the end of her days, but for now she had to focus on the task at hand. She rushed over to the switch that operated the hanger door, pulled down the lever and typed the codes into the computer. After hearing the satisfying sound of the door opening she headed straight to the Nirvash which had the Human shaped being that she cared for like she was her own daughter. Sonia was in the Nirvash mentally checking she had everything for the eighth time since she had grabbed Eureka from her room. Once she was done she pressed on the Type Zero for it to do… nothing. Sonia started to panic for the first time since beginning her plan to steal Eureka away. All of her plans were slipping away from her. Everything was in the Nirvash and it would take too long to move them into a different LFO. `This couldn't get any worse', was the thought that ran though Sonia's mind. Suddenly, the hanger doors started to close which sent Sonia's heart right through the roof. They had found the room empty.
“Move.” She said as she pushed the controls “Move, move, move.” Her voice getting more desperate as she pushed and pulled on the controls, trying to make the Type Zero work. Tears rolled down Sonia's face as the ice cold feeling of defeat sank into her heart.
“What's wrong mummy.” Came a voice right beside the crying women. Sonia looked up and saw, though her blurry tears, Eureka looking up at her.
“I-I can't make this move.” Sonia said waving her hand to the controls in front of her. Eureka gave her a sad face before looking back to the controls in front of her. Sonia looked at the face which was screwed up in concentration. After what seemed like 20 minutes, but was only 3 seconds, Eureka moved her hands down to the controls of the Nirvash and pushed forward making it go of at an incredible speed, just missing the two doors closing by a foot. After making it out the door Eureka transformed the LFO and rode the trappers up high into the sky.
“Mummy, where are we heading?” Eureka asked as she removed her hands from the controls. Sonia thought for a moment, where are they going?
“Far away.” Sonia said. “Very far away.”