Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ L'Histoire de l'éternité ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
L'Histoire de l'éternité
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In the beginning there was only Ember, the eternal flame. From Ember came forth his wife Enya, who personified water. Enya gave birth to Avé and with the first breath he took time was created. Enya gave birth to another child, a daughter named Earth, goddess of life. Earth and Avé had a set of twin sons called Avikus, who embodied light, and Dakar, who embodied darkness.
Ember was so filled with joy that he took the lower half of his heart and created land for his favorite child, Earth. He named this land after his daughter and gave it to her to govern. When she descended upon the land beautiful gardens sprang to life where ever she walked. Her father created the beasts of the earth and of the sky. Avikus created light to brighten the sky. Dakar created the darkness and vicious beasts to inhabit the night. Ember was angry that Dakar created vicious beasts so he banished him from the heavens. Ember created the land of torment and trapped Dakar there. Enya tried to get Ember to release Dakar from his prison but Ember grew angry and killed her. He split her body in half and put the pieces on earth, creating fresh and salt water. He then created beasts to inhabit the waters.
Earth was pleased with the gift of land but was weary of watching over the beasts all of the time. She decided to create a beast to rule over all others, a beast that had free will and that could think for itself and would live eternally; so she created the first woman. She named the woman Felsiné.
Felsiné tended the gardens and the beasts of the air, land, and sea and she sacrificed a lamb to the gods each day as the sun rose and as it set. She was beloved by all gods. Ember decided to reward her for being faithful and created man as a companion for her and called him Akaman. Avikus created silk to clothe them and gave them shelter from the elements. Woman and Man lived peacefully together and sacrificed the lamb each day as the sun rose and set. They tended the gardens and the beasts and all existence was peaceful.
One day after the evening sacrifice was made; Akaman went to Felsiné and asked why they always sacrificed the lamb. She said it was because the lamb is a pure animal and the gods must be given the best.
The next morning, Akaman offered to do the sacrifice alone so that Felsiné could sleep a little while longer. She agreed and Akaman went out alone to perform the morning sacrifice. Instead of sacrificing a lamb he took a goat for his offering. Felsiné accompanied Akaman for the evening sacrifice; he brought a goat for this sacrifice as well. Felsiné asked Akaman why he had a goat instead of a lamb. He told her what he had done and he reasoned it must be pleasing to the gods because nothing had happened. Felsiné was angry but what Akaman said made sense, if the gods were displeased they would have made it known by that time. So they sacrificed the goat instead of the lamb.
The gods were angered and they came down from the heavens and surrounded Felsiné and Akaman. Ember asked Felsiné why she had committed the sin of not sacrificing a pure animal and Felsiné said the man he had created for her had committed the sin first and she was only following his example.
The gods decided to punish Felsiné and Akaman. Akaman's punishment was he would have to work for everything; the gods would no longer supply anything for him. Woman's punishment was that she was no longer equal to man; she would be under him from then on. The final punishment for both of them was they were no longer immortal. They would eventually die and when they did they would go to the land of torment were Dakar would rule over them. When the gods had decreed this they abandoned Felsiné and Akaman. Thus they were alone and they wept.