Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ Charm the Prince ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Once, upon a throne sat the dashing and heroic Prince Charles Gregory Charming V. No woman was immune to his attractive smile, wavy golden locks, or his charming personality. They loved how he was willing to rush into any danger to help a woman in distress, or fight a ruffian to the death for a woman's heart. Even in private, he was known to spend his time nursing sick animals and cleaning. He would have been a perfect man, no matter how any woman looked at it, except for his one weakness.
 
No one knew why he was, for lack of a better word, “allergic” to men. At birth, his father was unable to coddle him, for when the king entered the room, the child turned deathly pale. Although his reactions weren't so violent anymore, if there was too much testosterone nearby, he would throw up, or at least feel nauseous. The only time he was unaffected was in battles, in which his adrenaline gave his body no time to worry about such little things as that.
 
Some people speculated this illness was because every hero needs a fatal flaw, thus the gods gave him this. The royal King and Queen knew better. When Prince Charming was still in his mothers womb, a sorceress, who many would call evil, appeared. Going by the name of Roxanne, she had come, as many sorceresses do, to give the king and queen's son a gift. She was ill received.
 
When she had arrived, a beautiful fairy named Harmony had already talked badly about her. The king turned pale as soon as she walked in, but the queen laid her hand protectively on her stomach and stated that evil witches were not allowed in the palace. This was offending on many different levels. Roxanne was always considered a seducer because of her silky red hair that framed her face, and passionate green eyes. She often flirted with men out of boredom; what else was someone with infinite power supposed to do for entertainment? Calling her a witch was just low though—witches were evil beings that sold themselves to demons for a limited amount of power.
 
In anger, she placed a simple curse on the child in the queen's womb. She knew this would cause an endless amount of torment for the rude couple—being royalty gave them no right to be haughty—and she knew this would be amusing to keep track of in the future. Yes, she knew this would entertain her for years to come. Satisfied with her curse, she stormed out of the castle, literally. The King and Queen did not notice the rain that pounded on them, even though they were inside the castle. Rain seemed to reflect their mood. They were mourning the fact that their child would never know his father's love.
 
~*~
 
 
A/N: This is my first posted story. EVAAAR! =3 I hope you all enjoy! =D
This is probably going to be the shortest chapter, so don't worry =D It will get looonger~ =3 But anywho, R&R please!!