Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ Lazarus Constantine ❯ Lord Lazarus Constantine ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

He stood there in the center of the grassy glade you found your own self looking into. How you had come to be in these woods you did not know, nor did you know why the man before you held your attention so firmly. He was not in any remarkable state of dress. A simple black wool coat adorned his body, reaching down to his ankles with six black wooden buttons up the front. The collar was turned up against the chill of the night though the coat itself was unbuttoned. Under the coat he wore a plain black shirt that appeared to be made of cotton with wooden buttons running up the front of it as well. His pants appeared to be made of the same material as his shirt and was black as well. Well-hidden buttons made of wood painted black fastened his pants. Upon his feet he wore leather boots that reached to about his shin made of tough-looking black leather, buckled with silver clasps running up the front.
 
Underneath this clothing he appeared to have a medium build as far as his body was concerned. He was a man that appeared to be in fine condition indeed, as he was neither too muscular nor too thin. His face perhaps though was really what had you rooted to the spot. It was a mixture of soft and hard features, of coldness and warmth, of happiness and sorrow unlike anything you've seen before. His eyes were filled with a cold menace that spoke of ages spent being hated and feared. Those deep red orbs seemed to contain an ocean of sadness and regret. His smile however and the manor with which he held his posture seemed to speak of a truly jovial fellow. One who is always ready for a good time and laughs. His smile was unearthly enchanting however pallor his skin may be. Long raven black hair trailed down behind his shoulders, reaching almost to his middle back, only mildly unusual for the time though more often than not hair of that length was tied up in some fashion. “So… You have come.” His voice is thick, deep, and rich like honey, a sound that sends shivers down your spine each time you hear it no matter how much you will yourself not to.