Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ SLEEPING BEAUTY: Prince Phillip's Story ❯ SLEEPING BEAUTY: Prince Phillip's Story ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
So, I tried to make this cute and funny. Let me know what ya'll think!!

As a handsome prince with a large and prosperous kingdom, abundant riches, and a lavish castle, it becomes difficult to find a princes who isn't completely superficial. Princesses tend to be silly and shallow, and, despite rumors that all princesses are pretty, some aren't all that easy on the eyes. I know, I was just accusing princesses of being showllow, but come on, I am a guy. Actually, it was my search for this princess that started this whole "adventure."

My father pulled me aside one day and started rambling about how he was an old man and I was needed to take over for him soon. I was completely thrilled at the idea of ruling my own kingdom. So thrilled, in fact, that I thought of running away and changing my name. Maybe it was because I knew what was coming next.

"Phillip," said my father one day, "it's time you find yourself a princess to become your queen when you inherit the throne."

From there on out, it was a never ending schedule full of balls, parties, and any other social event my father could force me to attend in the hopes of meeting nice young princesses. But, none of the princesses could hold my interest. The pretty ones were fickle and spoiled, and any that were interesting were more masucline than me. There seemed to be no happy medium. I didn't think it would be as hard as it was to find an attractive princess that wasn't a complete airhead. But, months passed and still no luck.

My father suggested a dating service, but I wasn't so sure. Being a good sport, I decided to look at princess profiles, but I refused to submit my own royal profile. After about three days of searching through random profiles, I was sure I had found the perfect one. Her name was Princess Aurora. She was blond, with blue eyes, and exceptionally attractive. Her profile made her seem smart, and her favorite thing to do was sleep. This was perfect for me, because, as you know, I am a guy, and some of us guys tend to be lazy and enjoy sleeping immensely. I just happen to be one of those lazy guys that enjoys sleeping.

Now it's time for the "adventure" part. This profile had specific requiremnts. What requirements, you might ask? Oh, just some dragon slaying, making my way through a bramble labyrinth, and, you know, other impossible feats us princes have to be able to accomplish in order to get the girl. This was not good news for me, because, as we all know, I am a guy, and I tend to be a bit lazy because of it. But, I decided to suck it up and go for it. These tasks were better than marrying a foolish girl.

I took up my enchanted sword, grabbed my dragon scale shield, climbed onto my gallant, alabaster steed, and rode off toward the neighboring kingdom nobly. After a few hours ride, I had reached the kingdom, a forlorn and deserted place with a huge and foreboding castle located in the center. The huge castle was surrounded by a gigantic bramble labyrinth. I proceeded to the center of the desolate area and started slashing my way through the brambs from atop my noble steed. I had been hoping that I wouldn't run into the dragon, seeing as how I wasn't attempting to find my way through the maze, but apparently dragons have keen hearing, because a large, sleek, black monster appeared from the sky as soon as I reached the castle entrance. My horse, spooked by the abrupt arrival of this ferocious and fearsome creature, bucked me off and fld. I, myself, was starting to think that an air-headed princess didn't seem like such a bad choice for a wife after all, but since I had already come this far, I decided to slay the beast.

As we all know, I am a guy, and guys tend to be a bit hasty and clumsy. In my haste to charge the dragon, I stepped on myself, threw my sword into the air and fell clumsily onto the ground. Fortunately for me, I seemed to be lucky this day. At the same exact time my sword had been tossed into the air, three good fairies who despised the witch who cast the enchantment on the castle saw my plight and sent my sword flying toward the dragon's heart. Screaming in pain, the mortally wounded beast collapsed onto the ground, breathing its last shallow breaths.

Forgetting all about my sword and steed, I rushed into he casle, climbed the winding stairs that led to the highest room of the tallest tower, and entered the fair maiden's chambers. I spotted her immediately upon entering the room. She was lying in her bed, asleep. She really wasn't kidding when she said she liked to sleep. The princess was so beautiful that I couldn't help bending over and stealing a kiss to wake her. I felt our lips meet and... SMACK! She had slapped across the face! I recoiled in shock and stared at her in surprise.

"I can see you're not Prince Charming," she grumbled disgruntled. I bowed low.

"Prince Phillip as your service, m'lady. I made my way through the labyrinth and slew the dragon."

"And interrupted my slumber in the rudest way imaginable," she cut in with a look of slight amusement on her face. She was enjoying my being in an awkward position!

"Sorry," I managed to mumble.

"So, what is it that you want?"

"Well... I supposed I'm here to ask for your hand in marriage."

"Hmm... Do you like to sleep?"

"Yes."

"Will I be able to sleep as much as I want?"

"I guess so."

"Okay then. I accept!"

The princess and I rode back to my kingdom, after a tiring search for my horse. There we were wed, and there we sleep happily ever after.