Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Baby Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
“Can’t you just pick one?”
“No, there are too many I like!”
Drake sighed “It’s not like she’ll even know, what baby even cares?”
“What? That’s not the point!” JJ walked off, looking at more of the tiny shoes, talking to himself “Aww, our little baby’s going to be so cute.”
Drake sighed again, letting his eyes roll this time. “This is going to take forever” He looked down into the carrier in his hand where two beautiful blue eyes looked up at him. “Sorry sweetheart, Daddy’s got a shoe fetish.” There was a flail of an arm and a smile as she tried to communicate back, it seemed.
“Yeah I know, I love him too.” The blonde looked up, watching his love fawn over the shoes ahead. “He’s actually really cute when he fusses over stuff like that,” He shot a menacing glance down into the carrier “but that’s our secret”
*****
“I can’t believe your sister can afford cashmere” Drake watched as JJ held up one of a set of blankets.
“Well she is a star attorney; this probably wasn’t even a big deal for her.” JJ ran his hand across the cloth
“Don’t rub it in”
“What? Oh get over it, someone decided to spend their money on us for a change.” He draped the blanket over the infant between them. “She’s a winter baby, so I’m glad we have something to keep her really warm” He smiled at Drake after he said it, then quirked an eyebrow. “My sister is a very practical woman you know.”
“Yeah, you’re gonna be so nice and warm in this aren’t you? Yes, don’t you just love getting new things?” The blunette cooed at the baby leaned against the couch; he kissed her nose and sat back up. The baby snuggled as best she could under her new surroundings. The look in her eyes was bright.
“She likes it” JJ stroked her cheek.
Drake had to smile. ‘too cute’ he thought ‘both of them’.
*****
“Oh Drake! Come here!” JJ exclaimed from the next aisle over. Drake grumbled to Cecelia, despite wearing a smile.
“Looks like he found something you just have to have.”
“Drake look at this!” JJ whined
Drake stepped over, JJ held up a blue floral shirt and white pant set.
“Isn’t this so cute? It matches her eyes too.”
“Yeah that’s great babe, but she doesn’t even need that yet. We’re supposed to be picking out sleepers and baby shoes remember? We’re spoiling her already with all this extra stuff.”
“You don’t think so?” JJ pouted “I want to get it anyway; we can save it for when she’s bigger.”
“Yeah but- Hey” Drake protested, one look of the ‘JJ pout’ and he was silenced. JJ leaned down to show the baby her new outfit. She stared at it curiously, JJ giggled and reached to touch her face.
“You’re going to look so cute in this! Yes you are, you’re daddy’s little angel.” JJ lifted the girl out of the carrier “Oh my little Cici. Don’t let Papa try to talk you out of something pretty.” He stuck out his tongue playfully at Drake. “He’s just jealous that he can’t pick out as fabulous things for you as I can.”
“Only one man’s opinion, I dressed her today didn’t I?”
“Yes you did, and she looks very cute…but” JJ looked between the baby and the blonde with a devilish grin. “We know who really has the-“
“Awright, whatever, I’m going to go look over there ‘kay?”
JJ’s face suddenly softened. “Oh Drakey, did I upset you?”
Drake held up the empty baby-carrier “Trade me”
JJ looked at it quizzically. “Eh?” Drake merely jerked the carrier up again in emphasis. JJ handed the baby over to him and took the handle instead.
“Princess and I are going to go look at something a little more fun.” Drake said in a tone that had underlying pleasure in it and he turned and walked away.
JJ stared at his back for a moment before a brilliant smile broke out and he chuckled silently to himself before going back to browsing the shoes.
“Well well Celia” Drake smiled at his daughter. “What do we need over here?” he had wandered over to the toy department. “Absolutely nothing” he muttered remembering the toy pile they had at their apartment after their shower for Celia. He felt the small body in his arms wiggle around, she was trying to turn her head to look at the shelves. “Pretty colors huh? When you’re big enough we’ll get you one of those light-up balls over there.”
The baby paid no attention but she gripped Drake’s shirt as she tried to lean farther to see the toys. She was a few months old but her eyes weren’t stellar yet. He smiled at her attempt anyway. Pulling back her snow hat he revealed lavender colored hair. Drake felt the smile growing as he brushed it back slightly and placed a light kiss on top of her head. He leaned back to sit on one of the short shelves.
“My little Celia” pulling her closer “What should I do with you?” this had grown to be his usual question. He was always answered with a curious baby stare.
The baby reached out after getting bored with listening, trying to grab at some stuffed something to Drake’s side. He turned to see a bear and an expensive looking one at that. He looked at her delighted eyes and reached out for it, tucking it in his arm next to her.
Drake could tell in her face she was thrilled, her hands swept over the waffle textured fur, she looked up when she giggled as if to say ‘look at this!’ Drake smiled back “Is that what you want?” The girl looked up when his voice sounded, the blonde could see her hands curling around the bear’s neck already. He stood up “Okay then, Daddy’ll get that for you”
Drake walked back to the area where he had left JJ but he was gone. The blonde spun around slowly, surveying the area, no JJ. Suddenly pair of hands was on his shoulders and a kiss was planted on his cheek.
“Surprise” the blue-blonde whispered in his ear.
“Sneaky sneaky” Drake turned around. “So what did you decide?”
JJ held up three pairs of shoes and a small stack of sleepers. I found a couple I wanted but I opted for what we looked at earlier, the ones you liked?” Drake nodded in approval.
“And that outfit you were drooling over?”
“Oh of course!” he held it up “And what is this?” JJ fingered the bear in Drake’s arms. “Is Daddy getting us something?” he lifted the price tag “Woah! Drake, did you look at this?”
“No.”
“…Drake this is $40.00” JJ looked at him in disbelief. Drake looked back calmly
“She liked it, she wants it…” The two looked in unison at Celia, now suckling the bear’s ear. “She put her mouth on it...” he shrugged “Gimme that stuff and take her and we’ll be set.”
JJ smiled at him brightly “How about I follow you with her? I don’t think she wants to let it go quietly.”
The two made the switch again and Drake headed off with their things. JJ waited a bit behind him, holding the baby carrier in one arm and his little girl in the other. Looking down at her, quite happy with the stuffed animal he had to grin.
“You’re Daddy spoils you, doesn’t he?”