Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Everything Has Changed. ❯ Everything Has Changed, ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Everything Has Changed.
 
 
Dee opened his eyes slowly, suddenly wishing he hadn't, as the digital alarm clock shone in huge red numbers `9:56'.
He widened his eyes and sprung up, looking around the bedroom, “Shit! I can't believe it! 56 minutes late and counting! Trust this shit to happen to me!”
 
He literally flung whatever was on the floor onto him, rushing around like some deranged animal.
 
Dee didn't even bother with breakfast, or the fact he nearly tripped over the same rug 5 times as he sprinted out of the door of his apartment.
 
 
----------------------------------------~--..*..--~-------------- -----------------------------
 
 
Dee took a deep breath as he stared at the door of the precinct, knowing he was going to get an ear full. Not by the chief, but by Ryo.
 
~ `Hey! I can take care of myself! I know how to set a damn alarm clock, Ryo. You think I'm stupid or something? Stop your worrying! And just so you'll take me seriously, I'll tell ya somethin', if I mess up tomorrow - which I won't - I give you the right to blow your top without my complaining added afterwards! Nya ha ha!' ~
 
Dee winced as he remembered the flash back, “Fuck… I've majorly messed up. And Ryo is so damn hard to calm down, once he gets going…”
He pushed the door open with his foot with a simple kick, he walked in, smirking coming from the other officers, which he ignored and walked over to his desk, seeing the usual Ted and Drake there lounging around, he sighed in relief as he saw no Ryo, deciding to make the most of the peace and quiet.
 
“Yo,” Dee walked over to the guys, sitting down on his worn-out chair; he glanced up at Ted who was sitting on his desk, with a sly grin on his face, “You're late.” The red head snickered.
Dee raised an eyebrow, “No shit, Sherlock. Now get off my desk, I don't want your ass all over my papers.”
Ted jumped off the desk and glanced over his shoulder, as did Drake, both with their eyes wide with fake-worried expressions.
“Hey… Here comes Ryo, Dee. You're in for it now.” Drake grinned.
Dee stared up at the ceiling, pretending not to notice Ryo, while mouthing the words `Shut.. up..' absentmindedly to the loud mouthed dirty blonde.
He suddenly bolted up in his chair with his eyes wide, as a file was dropped onto the desk with a loud smack, he looked up at Ryo, who had one of his eyebrows raised, and one hand over his slender hip.
“So… You were late.” Ryo narrowed the once raised brow. “Dee… Honestly, can't you do anything by yourself? Bikky is more reliable than you!”
Dee frowned at the fact he was being told off like a kid, but more so at the fact he was being compared to the most annoying one he's ever known. He rested his elbows on the table, waiting for the climax of the lighter haired man's anger, resting his chin in his palms, “Hey, give me a break - You know how I am with machines…”
Ryo leaned over and placed his hands on the desk, “You said you knew how to work an alarm clock, Dee!”
Dee winced at the fact, he glanced away, “Yeah, well… You know never to trust what I say.”
Ryo gave up, closing his eyes and sighing before standing upright, “Alright… Be lucky I'm not gonna tell the chief.”
Dee snorted, “I don't care about that walrus/badger crossbreed.” He glanced up at the older man, “I'm just waiting for you to flip your lid already - And gloat about how I was proved wrong.”
Ryo opened his dark eyes and looked down at Dee, he smiled a little at the corner of his mouth, “No, I'll let you off. I'm rather worn out from last night.”
Drake and Ted glanced at each other, then to the left office wall.
Ryo rolled his eyes, a small blush coming over his cheeks, easily reading their perverted minds, “We spent all night at an arcade with Bikky and Carol. Geez, guys, take your mind out of the gutter for once in your lives.”
Ted looked over at him, straightening his striped tie, “Hey, that's the only place my mind is right now. I haven't been out with a gal in months, man. It's torture.”
Dee smirked and looked up at him, “Got a case of whacking elbow? Oh, I mean… TENNIS, elbow. Nya ha ha ha!” He snickered.
Ted lowered his eyelids in an annoyed manner, “Real mature.” He turned around and started walking, stopping a moment to answer the rhetorical question, “…And yes.”
 
 
----------------------------------------~--..*..--~-------------- -----------------------------
 
 
Ryo sat down at the other side of his and Dee's desk, as always, filling out the paperwork while Dee leaned back in his chair, looking up at the ceiling.
Ryo lifted his head as he heard Dee's voice, “Man, this job is so difficult…”
The half-Asian man rolled his eyes, “Yeah, I can see how difficult it must be, counting the cracks on the ceiling.”
Dee lowered his head and looked across at the other man, “I don't mean that, dolt. I mean, with us. We hardly get any `our' time anymore.”
Ryo took off his reading glasses with his index finger and thumb, “We're together right now, aren't we?”
Dee took his feet down from the desk, sitting up with a grunt, “Yeah, WORKING.”
Ryo sighed and put his pen down beside the papers in front of him, “That's what people usually do at work, Dee. WORK. And anyway, we're only having these long shifts for awhile, until some of the other officers get back. The flu is going around, and they've been dropping like flies.”
Dee snorted, muttering, “Fakers.”
Ryo rested his hand over his forehead as he leaned back in his chair, “Even so… It's only for a short while, Dee. Hang in there. I know how you feel… Sometimes, I just want a quiet night in… with you…”
Dee raised his gaze and looked across at his blushing work and life partner. A smile played on his lips, before hearing a rumbling; he looked down at the glass on his table, seeing the water quiver inside of it. A drop of sweat running down the side of his face.
Ryo lowered his hand slowly from his forehead, a nervous look coming over his features; he looked over at the office door.
 
That same door suddenly burst open, an energetic, pale blue haired man rushing through it, dodging all various objects in his way.
 
Dee widened his eyes and ducked… he waited a few moments, before sitting up and slowly looking over his shoulder, seeing JJ cuddling into Drake, sitting in his lap.
 
That's right. Dee had to get used to JJ not pouncing on him like a lust-crazed demon anymore. Drake and JJ were now an official item. That item being a bag full of weird things put together, making up their odd relationship.
Dee had betted Ryo had also expected JJ to jump Dee, by the surprised, but relieved look on his face as the partly oriental man looked over at the couple.
Dee stood up and looked over at them, a disgusted look over his face, “Dudes, we're at work here. Enough with the sappy shit. I just ate.”
JJ looked up at Dee, and smiled.
Dee blinked. A smile? That was it? No blush? No purr? No strange admiring comment describing how he was like a Greek God?
He smirked as JJ started talking. Heh! He knew the little guy couldn't resist him…
“What, are you jealous, Dee?”
Dee's jaw dropped, hardly expecting that comeback, “…What!?”
JJ hung onto Drake's neck, keeping the smile, “You're still not getting it, aren't you, Dee? I'm with Drake now. I don't need ya.”
Dee narrowed his brows, “Hey, I know that perfectly well! And as a matter of fact - I'm glad! No, I'm ecstatic!”
JJ pecked a cautious looking Drake on the cheek before jumping off of his lap, walking away from the group. “Don't be upset, Dee. Drake is just ten times the man that you are.”
“….”
Ryo and Drake both looked up at Dee, both sweating a little.
“This is like some fucking déjà vu shit!! How many freaking times has someone said that to me now!?”
Ryo blinked, “Uhm, just two. Carol, and now JJ.”
Dee growled, then muttered, “Well, it seems like a LOT freaking more…”
Drake laughed nervously, and stood up, “Whelp, I'm off. It's 3: 40 and I haven't had a break yet.” He turned and walked off, quickly.
Ryo watched him, then glanced over at Dee, “You're taking this pretty hard. ARE you jealous?”
Dee narrowed his dark eyebrows, making creases in his olive skin, “No way. It's just… different.”
Ryo nodded and took a step to another desk across from his and his partner's, before feeling a hand under his chin and turning his head to face a pair of dark green eyes.
 
Dee looked at him, seriously, “I'm not jealous, Ryo. And I never will be, of anyone. Because I have you. That's all that I could ever possibly want.”
Ryo looked into those deep eyes of the taller man. How could he of doubted Dee?
“Yes, I believe you.” Ryo smiled at him, taking the dark skinned hand from under his chin, and kissing the back of the fingers, “I know, so much has changed. For the better.”
 
Dee lowered his hand as Ryo let go, and continued on his halted trail back to his desk, he looked around the office. Yeah, a lot had changed.
He looked over at a window leading to the outside, seeing Drake and JJ, laughing with each other out on the front, drinking coffee while leaning against the railings.
Then he looked to the window of a separate office, seeing Berkley and Diana sitting with each other, leaning against one another so closely, as if they would fall if they didn't, staring lovingly at their golden rings on their second to last fingers'. Even Berkley, his once-upon-a-time enemy, was in love and now engaged to that crackling sea hag.
He lastly looked across at the half-Japanese man, sitting down at his desk and continuing with papers, watching his delicate fingers flip over the pages, one after the other, scanning through them with beautiful dark eyes, framed by an even more beautiful face that slowly looked up at him, giving a loving smile. Dee smiled to himself, as well as to his lover.
Yeah… everything has changed, and for the better.