Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act XIV, Family and Forgiveness ❯ Chapter 4

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: Not Sanami Matoh. Not making a damn dime here. Yaoi involved kids. Set in the FAKE in Love Timeline…as if that wasn't obvious by now.
 
When Dee awakened a couple of hours later, his eyes slid irritably to the alarm clock. It was still stubbornly silent; he had another fifteen minutes before it would go off.
Figures.
He sighed and his eyes slid down to the gorgeous man resting in his arms. Dee smiled happily and ran his hand down Ryo's soft back. Ryo looked amazing, a stray strand of sunlight was trailing across his back, highlighting pale skin in gold. Suddenly images of Ryo clothed in black leather slid through his mind and Dee's smile grew a little wolfish. Leather was nice, but Ryo was at his sexiest wearing nothing but a ray of sunlight and Dee's arms.
Dee began to debate the best way to wake his lover up.
The annoying ring of the phone solved that problem.
Ryo jerked awake, spoiling Dee's view, and Dee sighed as he reached over and picked up the phone.
“Hello?”
Ryo yawned and stretched, sleepily wiping at his eyes as he looked blearily at the alarm clock. He felt a chuckle ripple through Dee's chest and Ryo sat up slowly, again rubbing at his eyes. He flipped the alarm off and sleepily felt around on the floor until he located his discarded pants. Dee was laughing again as Ryo headed for the kitchen to make coffee, yawning as he tried to keep his eyes open.
The thick smell of caffeinated bliss began to fill the apartment, and Ryo stared intently at the coffee pot as he willed it to brew faster. Dee's arms slid around his waist as he pulled Ryo close, his head resting on Ryo's shoulder as he pecked Ryo's cheek.
“Morning.”
“Good morning,” Ryo said, another yawn breaking up the words.
“Somebody's tired,” Dee chuckled and kissed Ryo again.
Ryo muttered something but remained still and warm in Dee's hold. He blinked thickly; he could probably fall back asleep like this if Dee would agree not to move.
“That was Mother,” Dee said. “She wants me to stop by today. You want to go with?”
Ryo nodded and pulled two coffee cups down as the pot finally began to fill. Dee nipped at Ryo's ear.
“Addict,” he teased.
“Do you really want to talk to me about addictions?” Ryo asked wryly.
“What's that supposed to mean?”
“I can smell the nicotine on you,” Ryo answered. “You stopped for a cigarette before you came in here.”
Dee scowled lightly and kissed Ryo's neck.
“So?”
“So, who's the real addict around here?”
“Hey, I can--”
“Please say you can quit anytime because I'd love to see that.”
Dee nipped at Ryo's skin and Ryo smiled slightly. Dee kissed the small bite and burrowed closer to Ryo.
“You're kind of a bitch when you're tired.”
“Sorry,” Ryo said as he yawned again and filled their cups.
“That didn't sound sincere.”
“Really?”
“Really.”
Ryo set the coffee pot back into the maker and turned, his arms looping quickly around Dee's neck as he leaned forward for a long slow searching kiss. At last he pulled back and then rested his forehead against Dee's.
“Sorry,” he said softly.
Dee grinned. “You need to apologize more often.”
 
“Because I'm hungry now,” Dee said as he ripped the bag of chips open, the car rolling through traffic.
“You're like a five year old, we'll eat when we get home,” Ryo said as he drove towards the orphanage.
“Who knows how long Mother's going to want us to hang around, and the pizza still has to be baked when we do get there,” Dee pointed out.
“It takes twelve minutes,” Ryo said exasperatedly. “You can't wait twelve minutes?”
“I'm sick of waiting for everything I want,” Dee answered dramatically and held the bag out to Ryo.
Ryo sighed and grabbed a couple of chips, Dee chuckling in victory as they pulled up to the orphanage. Dee rolled the bag closed and tossed it back in with the other groceries, winking at Ryo as he climbed out of the car.
“That should hold me over.”
The usual rush of kids met them at the door, yelling and jumping into their arms as they laughed and spoke. A tall nun bustled towards them, laughing loudly as she clapped her hands.
“Alright, alright, that's enough. Get your coats and let's go.”
She smiled at Dee and Ryo.
“Mother Maria's waiting for you in the chapel,” she said.
“Thanks Sister Margaret,” Dee said. “Where are you taking the little monsters?”
There was a chorus of yells and a couple of kicks at that question, but Margaret's voice echoed over the noise.
“Just to the park, the little ones get bored when the older kids are in school, so we're going to go and play for a while.”
“Good luck,” Dee said with a grin.
She smiled back and herded the children out the door, Dee chuckling as the hall suddenly became still and quiet.
“The chapel, huh?” Ryo said. “I don't think I've ever been there.”
“Me neither,” Dee said. “Not in this building. I used to hide out in the old one when I didn't want Mother to find me.”
“Oh?” Ryo said with a laugh.
“It's the last place she expected me to be,” Dee said with a grin.
They strolled down the hall and finally opened two ornate doors, Mother Maria's voice echoing inside. Dee chuckled quietly as he stepped inside.
“Jeez Penguin, it's a church, keep your voice…”
Dee's words faded and his face fell into stunned disbelief as he stared forward. Ryo glanced around him, and his breath caught suddenly. Mother Maria was seated at the front of the small chapel with Claire Klarks beside her.
“Dee,” Mother said, her smile faltering a little, her eyes nervous. “There's someone here to see you.”
Dee stared at her, his eyes blinking rhythmically as he tried to understand what was happening. Suddenly he shook his head and turned around, leaving without a word.
“Wait, Dee!” Mother called.
“Don't,” Ryo said softly and followed Dee.
Dee didn't slow or look back as he strode back through the halls, the doors slamming open as he burst back out onto the cold street. He marched to the car and climbed into the driver's seat, his eyes staring blankly ahead before he slumped forward and rested his forehead against the steering wheel. Ryo sat silently in the passenger seat, closing the door more gently than Dee had. Ryo waited, the thick silence almost tangible around them.
“Did you know about this?” Dee asked finally, his anger carefully contained.
“No,” Ryo answered softly.
“Did you know about this Ryo?” Dee snapped, his head lifting and his eyes burning into Ryo.
“No,” Ryo said again.
Dee slumped again and wiped a hand across his face. He looked crumbled, dangerously close to breaking and Ryo reached over and rested his hand on Dee's shoulder. Dee instinctively leaned into the touch and his eyes slid closed as Ryo's thumb brushed back and forth across him.
“I can't believe that she'd…”
Dee shook his head and his hands tightened around the steering wheel.
“I know,” Ryo said quietly.
“What do I do now?” Dee said, his eyes distant when he opened them again.
Ryo was silent; there was no answer after all. Dee started the car and they headed home.
 
The oven beeped and Ryo listened as Dee moved in the kitchen to check the pizza. Dee had been silent since they came home, his movements automatic and distant as he thought. He was avoiding Ryo, Ryo knew it, but he wasn't sure how far to push things. Ryo sighed and stared up at the ceiling. Might as well face up to it.
He leaned in the kitchen doorway and couldn't help but sigh a little. Dee was wiping at the counter with determined strokes, carefully avoiding Ryo's eyes.
“Dee?” he said cautiously. “How are you doing?”
“Fine,” Dee answered lightly.
“Dee,” Ryo sighed. “Don't do this.”
“Don't do what?” Dee asked in the same nonchalant tone.
“Act like nothing's wrong,” Ryo said angrily.
“Nothing is wrong.”
“Stop being a dick,” Ryo said lowly.
Dee slammed his hand down on the counter, but still refused to look back at Ryo.
“I'm fine.”
“Oh, of course you are,” Ryo said wryly. “What was I thinking.”
“Ryo--” Dee started angrily.
“Dee?” Ryo answered in the same irritable tone.
“Will you just drop it?” Dee snapped. “I'm fine.”
The oven beeped again and Dee ripped the door open, growling angrily as he wrenched the pizza out.
“Son of a bitch!” he yelled as his hand slammed into the oven rack.
Ryo grabbed his hand and flipped the cold water on. He pulled Dee's hand under the water and gently held it there. Dee closed his eyes and he felt like a spring that had been released. All the energy was suddenly gone and he slumped weakly against Ryo. Ryo's arm looped around his waist and Dee leaned into his hold, Ryo now turning the water off and holding Dee's hand lightly.
“I just can't believe that Mother'd do something like that,” Dee said softly.
“I'm sure she thought she was helping you,” Ryo said, his fingers still brushing lightly over Dee's hand.
“Yeah.”
Ryo leaned his head against Dee's, his eyes closing lightly as his arm tightened.
“I love you.”
“I love you too.”
“It'll work out Dee.”
“I know.”
“Then stop being an ass and don't worry me anymore.”
Dee's hand skidded down and deftly pinched Ryo's ass, causing the brown haired man to jump in surprise. Dee gave him a roguish wink.
“That better, Sexy?”
“It's closer to normal,” Ryo said with a frown, pausing for a moment. “Unfortunately.”
Dee chuckled and watched as Ryo removed the pizza with more grace than Dee ever hoped to possess. Dee paused a moment and then wrapped his arms around Ryo's waist as his lover cut the pizza into almost identical slices.
“You know,” Dee murmured in Ryo's ear. “You're not supposed to do that.”
“Do what?” Ryo asked as he frowned down at the pizza.
“Put a burn under cold water,” Dee said and nibbled at Ryo's neck.
Ryo's eyes closed and he leaned back into Dee a little.
“I've heard that,” Ryo said. “But I never knew if it was true or not.”
“Mother said,” Dee answered, as if that settled the dispute completely, his lips still tasting over Ryo's neck. “Now what should we do while we wait for the pizza to cool?”
“Why I do not know,” Ryo answered with a widening smile.
“Hmm,” Dee murmured, licking across Ryo's pulse. “Perhaps we should make up. I do believe that we had another fight.”
His hand slid lower and dipped into Ryo's pocket, fingertips deftly brushing over Ryo's cock through the thin fabric. Ryo moaned with surprise, his back arching and hips thrusting forward for more contact.
“I take it that's a yes?” Dee asked with a chuckle.
“I'm home!” Bikky bellowed as the door slammed shut behind him. “It smells good in here, what are we eating?”
“Goddammit,” Dee hissed as his hand shot out of Ryo's pocket. “That's it, I'm throwing him out.”
Ryo sighed heavily, quickly getting himself back under control.
“Calm down,” he said and finished slicing up the pizza.
“I don't want to be calm,” Dee growled, his arms tightening around Ryo's waist, his lips brushing softly over Ryo's ear. “I want you.”
“Maybe later,” Ryo said.
“Maybe?” Dee sighed heavily and rested his forehead against Ryo's shoulder. “Can we please send him to California for Christmas? It would be like a present for me too.”
Ryo laughed loudly.
“Where's the food?” Bikky yelled.
“Good God,” Dee muttered. “What else can go wrong today?”
The phone rang.
 
“Hey Drake,” Dee said happily as he filled his coffee cup.
“You seem in an unusually good mood,” Drake said. “Especially for someone who's been called in on his day off.”
“What can I say? I'm an upbeat guy, and we can't stay too long anyway. Gotta rest up. We're going to Parent's Night tomorrow night.”
“Scary,” Drake said. “The kid wants you there?”
“I think that's what he meant when he kicked me in the shin and said the school was willing to let perverted skanks in that night.”
Drake chuckled. “That sounds like Ryo's kid alright.”
Suddenly Dee's eyes narrowed and he glanced around.
“Your partner's not with you, is he?” Dee asked.
Drake chuckled. “Nah, I think he's loitering around that conference room you and Ryo have laid siege to while he waits for Tim. How's that case going by the way?”
“No leads so far,” Dee said. “But there must be some reason for him to call us in.”
“Another murder?”
“I hope not.”
“So,” Drake said and then grinned. “You took my advice, didn't you? You told Ryo?”
“Yeah,” Dee answered. “Don't get cocky Parker, your advice is still way off about ninety percent of the time.”
“But oh that ten percent,” Drake said with a sweep of his arm. “Diana wants you guys to come over for dinner soon, but I told her it would probably have to wait until this case gets solved.”
Dee nodded. “Alright, sounds good.”
“When you see JJ, tell him that we do have some work to do and he needs to get back to our office and get something done.”
 
Rose nodded as Tim showed him the witness statement that had come in an hour ago. Apparently someone had finally decided to talk. So much for Dee and Ryo's day off.
“It sounds like a good lead,” JJ said as he peered over Tim's arm at the report. “I'll go let Mr. Sexy know that he needs to meet you in the conference room.”
Tim winced slightly but JJ headed down the hallway. Tim stared after him for a moment and then sighed as he looked back at the papers.
“It bothers you, doesn't it?” Rose said suddenly.
Tim's eyes shot to him and then immediately fell back to the report.
“This isn't an appropriate workplace conversation,” Tim said.
Rose shrugged slightly. “Probably not. So let's talk hypothetically.”
Tim frowned as he looked up again and Rose continued.
“Hypothetically speaking,” Rose said. “Would something like that bother you?”
Tim was silent a moment longer and then gave an almost imperceptible nod. Rose nodded back and his eyes grew distant for an instant. A small wicked smile curved the edges of his mouth and Tim suddenly felt a nervous shiver run up his spine.
“Well,” Rose said. “There is one thing you could try.”
The smile grew.
“Hypothetically speaking, of course.”
 
“Dammit JJ, I already knew that we were meeting here!” Dee snapped. “Now go bug Drake, he says you guys have work to do.”
“Oh come on you stud,” JJ said as he pounced onto Dee again. “I'm just trying to help.”
“Get off!” Dee roared.
Ryo watched with a slightly annoyed expression, his mouth starting to open to tell JJ to go away, but the door opened before he could. Tim stepped inside and froze, his eyes locking on JJ and Dee immediately. JJ smiled happily and waved, Dee still trying to shove him off. For a second Tim paused, as though thinking, then he turned on his heel and walked to Ryo's side, the door slamming behind him.
Ryo looked up quizzically and Tim stared back, his mouth thinning as he thought. Ryo started to say something but then Tim bent down, grabbed his chin firmly, and kissed him.
“TIM!” JJ bellowed.
“What the hell are you doing?” Dee snapped as he practically threw JJ across the room.
Ryo blinked in surprise as Tim released him and turned to face JJ, his hands now resting on his hips.
“Every time I catch you on him,” Tim said. “That's what I'm going to do.”
JJ's jaw dropped and Tim turned back to Ryo.
“I'm very sorry to have involved you,” Tim said. “My apologies.”
“Um, er, sure,” Ryo said, his eyes darting to Dee's furious face. “No problem.”
Tim nodded slightly and then opened the file that he held, carefully spreading it on the table.
“Now, our witness has testified that he spotted…”
 
“You better keep your hands off him,” Dee grumbled as he watched Ryo and Tim walk up the stairs to a squalid apartment building entrance. “I'm watching you.”
He was standing in the small circle of light beneath a street light, a cigarette clamped in his lips as he glared daggers into the back of Tim's head. That son of a bitch, why had he done that? It's not like Dee wanted or even encouraged JJ to do any of the weird shit the little psycho was so into. So why did Tim have to involve Ryo?
“Just keep your hands where I can see them,” Dee muttered darkly.
Ryo would not be pleased if he could hear all the little jealous/possessive comments Dee was making, but that was all the more reason to say them now when his lover wasn't in earshot. He couldn't help himself, he didn't like other people touching his Ryo like that. Yes, he was a possessive dick, people could call him all the names they wanted, he didn't care. He loved Ryo and he didn't like the idea of someone using him for anything. Even if it could possibly lead to a JJ free life for him.
Dee's mouth thinned and he took another long drag on the cigarette. He knew Ryo wasn't interested, he knew that Ryo only loved him, but dammit, why did this shit have to keep happening? First Rose, then Richardson, now he had to keep his damn eyes on JJ's boyfriend. Why did God hate him?
“I will get you for this,” Dee muttered.
 
Tim knocked at the battered apartment door and scratched at the back of his head as they waited, a small nervous frown on his face.
“I really am sorry,” Tim said. “I just got so sick of seeing them like that all the time. I don't…”
Tim's voice faded and he shook his head.
“I may have just made things worse.”
Ryo blushed slightly and stared upwards.
“Well,” Ryo said slowly. “At least now you should be able to talk things through, right?”
“I suppose,” Tim said. “I've tried before, but Jemmy always just brushes it off. He says that he doesn't like Dee that way and that I don't need to worry.”
Ryo was silent a moment and then sighed.
“You…your…it didn't bother me,” he said finally and Tim looked at him with absolute shock.
Ryo sighed again, the color in his cheeks darkening a little.
“I've always hated seeing them like that too,” Ryo said. “And Dee always says the same thing JJ tells you. I know that he means it and I know that nothing's going to happen between them, but still…”
Ryo shrugged slightly and shook his head.
“He's mine,” Ryo said. “You know? I don't want to share any part of him with anyone, he's all mine.”
Tim blinked in surprise and Ryo laughed as he knocked on the door again.
“I guess I've just become a possessive bastard, it's natural with the people you love,” Ryo said, and then his voice raised. “Open up, this is the NYPD!”
Tim smiled suddenly and nodded, his fist pounding on the door.
“Hurry it up in there!” he yelled and then his voice dropped a little. “I hope it works.”
“I do too,” Ryo agreed and then scowled as a face finally peered out at them through the apartment building door. “It's about time.”
Tim glanced back over his shoulder at Dee's position and his eyes widened with surprise.
“Shit,” he snapped.
Ryo turned, following his gaze, and then he was running. His hand moved without pause as he drew his gun, his feet carrying him smoothly over the battered street.
“Freeze!” he yelled.
Dee was laying on the ground, a strange figure pulling him steadily out of the circle of light, tugging him out into the dark shadows. The movements became more frantic as Ryo raced closer, a growl of absolute rage escaping him as he lunged forward and shoved the attacker off of Dee's prone form. They tumbled out into the shadows, Ryo trying to get a clear lock on his opponent as he struggled with his gun. Then stars danced across his vision as something slammed into the side of his head. Scrambling footsteps echoed out into the night and Ryo groggily shook his head as he more staggered back to Dee than walked. Tim was knelt by his side, a finger pressed against Dee's pulse.
Ryo dropped to the ground next to them and panted heavily as he holstered his gun again.
“How is he?” Ryo asked breathlessly.
“Unconscious,” Tim answered. “An ambulance is on the way.”
Ryo nodded and gently brushed back Dee's hair, his fingers sliding over smooth soft skin. There was no blood, just a quiet darkness that covered Dee. Ryo reached up and gingerly felt the side of his own head, wincing a little as his fingers pressed over a swelling lump.
“Are you okay?” Tim asked.
“Yeah,” Ryo said glumly. “He hit me with something and took off. I didn't get a clear look at him.”
Dee frowned suddenly and his hands shot out, shoving them feebly back as he groaned loudly. Ryo caught his hands and gently held them, lightly kissing the back of each before he leaned closer.
“Shh Dee,” he whispered. “It's just me.”
The frown softened and disappeared, Dee's eyes fluttering lightly open.
“Ryo,” he murmured.
Dee smiled slightly and then his eyes slid closed again. Ryo squeezed his hands and tried to be patient as he heard the distant sound of approaching sirens.