Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Gambit of the Heart ❯ The Bet ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Gambit of the Heart

Series: Fake

Author: Eri-chan

Rating: PG

Pairing: Dee/Ryo

Warnings: shounen-ai, swearing

Summary: Dee bets with Bikky that he can be a true gentleman if he wants! Can Dee stay true to his word or will Bikky win?!

_______________________________________________________________________ ______

A/N: (looks around nervously) This is my first attempt at a FAKE fic. Be gentle. ^_^

This takes place a little after volume 2 but it's not set in volume 3. Kind of think of it as in between. So I'll shut up now. ^^;

A/N 2: This is not an update. However I failed to mention that this was a rough draft. Thank you all who pointed some of mistakes out. ^_^ I corrected them and changed some parts.

_______________________________________________________________________ ______

Thoughts

Flashback

___________________________________________________________________________ __

Gambit of the Heart

Ryo typed away on his laptop, his eyes fixated on the screen. He came in earlier today to finish up a few neglected reports that Dee had started but never finished.

The Japanese clicked 'save' to save his current report. He pushed his chair back and stretched. He heard a few bones pop, only to signify that he had been sitting in one position too long. Ryo looked at the clock and saw it was quarter past 8. Dee was late.

Just as Ryo thought of Dee the dark brunette came through the doors carrying a tray of coffees and a bag.

"Good morning partner!" Greeted the usual go lucky Dee. He set the tray and bag down. He gave

Ryo his trademark grin. "Brought in some breakfast. Hope you like Egg McMuffins!"

Ryo smiled.

"Here." Dee held up the said item.

"Thanks Dee." Ryo's hand accidentally brushed against Dee's as he took the wrapped up bagel.

Dee restrained himself as Ryo's hand brushed against his. Must stay in control. He scolded himself mentally. It was just an innocent touch. Nothing more. Ryo interrupted his thoughts.

"I really appreciate breakfast Dee." Ryo said as he munched away on his McMuffin. "Very thoughtful."

Dee grinned. He tried not to make his grin too perverted because what he was thinking of doing to the dark blond was less then innocent.

"Heh heh. No problem." Replied Dee. He whips out his own breakfast. "Just being a gentleman that's all." Dee smacks himself mentally.

Ryo raises an eyebrow at Dee's statement.

"I mean…um…being thoughtful." He lamely amends. "So, nice weather having huh?"

Ryo places the McMuffin down and looks at Dee seriously. "What's going on Dee?" He asks.

"You're acting strange."

Dee looks at Ryo horrified. "Me acting strange!" he laughs. "What? Can't a guy be nice to his partner once and a while?" Oh shit he's on to me!

"Judging from your previous statement, I'd say you are hiding something." He concludes. "And it has been raining and cold for the last 2 days."

Dee folds his arms across his chest and pouts. "I was just trying to be nice."

Ryo's seriousness melts, as he looks the adorable pout on Dee's lips. "Alright." He says. "I'll let it go."

"Alright." He says calmly however, in Dee's mind he was having a fiesta. Yes! Ryo dropped it. Free! "So, do we still have some paperwork to do?" he asks.

The dark blond nodded.

"Yeah. Probably just a few hours work." He brings back up the report he was working on earlier.

"I'm nearly finished one. Could you please work on the other one? The robbery case." Ryo insists.

"Sure thing!" Exclaims Dee.

Fifteen minutes into the report Dee's mind began to wonder. Man how do I find myself in these situations? He asks himself. Damn Bikky!

___________________________________________________________________________ __

Flashback

Sunday.

It was cold, rainy and miserable. Dee and Ryo worked only half day because they had scheduled to go to a baseball game with Carol and Bikky.

The stadium was packed with roaring fans and the smell of hotdogs and fries permeated the air. Dee's stomach growled.

"Man I am starved!" Exclaimed Dee as he pats his poor empty stomach.

"It has been a while since we all ate." Ryo considers. "Hey! Why don't you and Bikky find our seats and Carol and I will grab some food."

"Good idea. I want a hotdog with everything with a coke!" Dee orders, flashing Ryo a smile.

"Can I have one of those pretzels?" Bikky asks.

Ryo smiles at him. "You can have whatever you want."

"Alright!" Bikky shouts enthusiastically.

Dee came up from behind Ryo and wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him close to his body. Ryo lets out a shriek of surprise.

"Dee!" he scolded. "Stop!"

The brunette nibbles on Ryo's ear, ignoring his partners protest. Ryo was now a good shade of red.

Pain blossomed from Dee's ankle. He yelped in pain, grabbing his ankle cursing up and down. He turns around and Bikky flips him off and starts running down the stairs.

"You little shit!" Yells an enraged Dee.

Ryo sweatdrops. He lets out a sigh and turns to Carol, holding out his hand. "Shall we?"

Carol giggles and clasps her hand in with his. "Let's go!"

Meanwhile Dee and Bikky found their seats. The duo were currently locked in a staring competition. Bikky broke the silence.

"Keep your paws off Ryo." He warns menacingly.

"Or you'll do what small fry?" he counters back.

"I'll beat you into a bloody pulp."

Dee laughs hysterically. "Go ahead and try it!" He grins. "You won't succeed."

"Maybe not, "Bikky admits. "but I can clean your wallet fairly good." It was Bikky's turn to grin.

Dee's brow rises in suspicion. "What are you up too?" He demands.

"A little bet." Bikky replies causally.

This perked up Dee's interest. "What kind of bet?" he asks curiously.

"One that you are sure to lose."

The brunettes left eye began to twitch. "Lose a bet with YOU. Don't make me laugh."

Bikky grins widen.

This kid is pissing me off! "Alright Bikky, what's the bet? And what are the stakes?" I'll show him!

"The bet is really simple. All you have to do is act like a gentleman. No flirting, no perverted attempts to get Ryo into bed and no groping." Bikky stresses.

Dee nods for Bikky to go on. "BUT when you lose you owe me $200 bucks."

A thud was heard. Dee's jaw was on the ground catching flies. "$200!" Dear God!

"That's what I said." the blond sat back in his seat looking smug.

"What do I get when I win?" inquires Dee.

"IF you win." Corrects Bikky. "I'll leave you both alone for a week."

"A week huh…" Mwahaha! An entire week without Bikky! Just Ryo and me. So tempting…

"You got yourself a deal!" He holds out his hand.

Bikky grips Dee's hand and they shook. Sealing the bet.

END OF BACKFLASH

_______________________________________________________________________ ______

Dee looks over at Ryo. What have I gotten myself into?

_______________________________________________________________________ ______

TBC!

Who will win? Bikky or Dee?

So what did everyone think? o.o Want me to continue?