Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Look At Me ❯ Chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Look at Me
 Chapter 3
 
Pairing:  Dee/Ryo
Rating:    Mature
Notes:   Kissing between two men.
Spoilers:   To Volume 6
Timing: Set in November a couple of months or so after the aborted "test drive"
Summary:  Dee guesses Ryo's secrets in exchange for kisses
Disclaimer:   I do not own these characters.  They are the property of Sanami Matoh.  I am not making any money from this.  I do it for love alone.
 
This is the Third chapter of four.  I'll post the rest either Saturday night or Sunday morning.
 
Blue Simplicity, my dear friend and fellow cat-lover, THANK YOU SO MUCH for agreeing to be my beta.
 
 
 
 
Ryo remained standing by the door. 
 
"I don't believe you know any of my secrets," he said softly, still mindful of his foster son in the bedroom next to his.
 
         "Oh, but that's where you would be wrong, Dr. Watson.  I said dead-on and I meant it.  How can you doubt me?"
 
         "Well, you HAVE been wrong before, Dee. What about that time you got us all in trouble with the commissioner because you said he'd never figure out that you rigged the coffee machine to accept only nick--"
 
"Okay, okay, don't remind me."  Dee shook his head.  "Point taken."
 
But Ryo was on a roll.  "And remember when you bet $50 that the person sending all those chocolates and flowers to Janet was Janet herself, and really it turned out to be Alan from Records?"
 
"Now just cut that out. You sayin' I'm no good at guessing secrets and predicting things? Well, those were just a couple of isolated times where I happened to be a tad off base. I still say I've got a special talent for discovering people's secrets."
 
This earned him a snort of amusement from his best friend.
 
"All right then.  In that case, let's make this a little more interesting.  You game?"
 
"Depends."
 
        "For every one of your secrets I guess correctly, I get a kiss.  And I'm talking a REAL kiss, not one of those little pecks you waste on the monkey brat."
 
"Well, I don't know..."
 
       "Come on, I've kissed you lots of times before and you didn't grow fangs or claws, did you?"
 
       "Well...no, but..."
 
       "Well get over here then." 
   
       Ryo approached warily.  "Maybe I should get into my pajamas first," he said.
 
Dee waved a dismissive hand.  "Nah, not necessary.  This won't take long."  He pulled himself up into a sitting position and grinned at Ryo, enjoying the thought of his partner's naked body underneath his loosely tied robe.
 
       Ryo smiled back but after a second or two of eye contact, the smiles fell away from both of their faces.  Dee's eyes, Ryo thought.  What is it about them?  Why do I feel like I'm drowning?  He wrenched his gaze away and exhaled shakily.  It was only then that he realized he had been holding his breath.
 
       Dee was pleased that Ryo had allowed a few seconds of uninterrupted eye contact.  It seemed like for the last couple of months, Ryo had been finding any excuse to avoid really looking at him.  He hoped it was a good thing, but he couldn't be sure.  In any case, eye contact was integral to his goal of eventually winning his skittish partner over. The trouble was that whenever Ryo really looked at him like that, it took everything he had not to jump him then and there.
 
"Ready?"
 
       "Yeah.  Tell me."
 
       "Okay, secret number one.  You haven't been laid for almost three years."
 
The blood rushed to Ryo's face and the blush spread down his neck and onto his chest. "Wh--what?" He sputtered.  He stared at Dee in shock.
 
        "On your vacation to the Cook Islands?  Approximately six months before you made detective?"
 
"You...you remember that I went there?  That was before I knew you."
 
        "Yeah, but remember when we got to talking and you showed me your pictures?  It was that chick Margaret, the one with the dark hair and the long legs."
 
Ryo was flabbergasted.  "You know, Dee, I never told you anything about her..."
 
"Well?  Am I right? Cook Islands, Margaret, three years ago?  And no nooky since then."
 
"How the hell did you know?"
 
Dee shrugged.  "She was in most of your pictures, more often than any of those other people you were hanging out with at that resort.  And you remembered her name right away when I asked you.  It was the way you talked about her, dude, not what you actually said."
 
"And how do you know I haven't...had sex with anyone since then?"  Ryo asked defensively.  He had been caught off guard and felt irritated with Dee.
 
"I just know.  I would know right away if you did."
 
"Because hopefully it would be with you, right?" Ryo snapped.
 
"Yeah, hopefully."  Dee smiled at him, sweeping aside the challenging tone in the other man's voice with his open admiration.
 
Ryo simply couldn't stay angry with Dee while he was looking at him like that.  He tried to hold on to his anger because it was a good defense mechanism for him, but it ebbed away before he could contain it.  He sighed and looked down at the bed.
 
"Had enough?" Dee asked.  "Because I have more."
 
"Umm..." Ryo's voice was uncertain.  "Well, maybe one more. And after that you really have to get some sleep."
 
"First I want my kiss."
 
"Oh! Ehr...Um, okay, but make it quick.  And just a kiss, no groping."
 
Dee moved in on him and gently took Ryo's jaw in his hand.  "We agreed on a 'real' kiss, remember?  All real kisses include a little bit of touching."
 
Ryo's protest was stilled by the descent of Dee's mouth onto his own.  Panic flared up in him, only to be pushed aside by excitement.  Dee was a good kisser.  No, a great kisser.  How else to explain why a straight man would find himself melting in the arms of another man?  His heart sped up and thumped against Dee's chest.  Dee's right arm went around him and sensuously caressed his back.  Ryo knew he should pull away but...it just felt so good.  Dee's mouth left his and went to the side of his neck.  Almost of its own volition, Ryo's head fell back to allow him access.
 
"Dee," he murmured thickly.
 
"Shh, baby," Dee soothed
 
"Dee...mmmmmhh... stop, we should stop."
 
"And we WILL stop.  For sure.  In a minute."  Dee hoped to keep Ryo's focus on his neck long enough for him to slide the other man's robe down off one of his shoulders.  God, Ryo had sexy shoulders.
 
Ryo suddenly understood that he was being undressed and a jolt went through his body. He began trying to extricate himself from the embrace of his oh-so-pushy partner.
 
"Dee!  Stop that!  This is way more than a kiss!"
 
"Aw come on, dude.  I wasn't gonna go much further than that."
 
"Like hell.  Now let go of me, or this game is over right now."
 
"Okay, I will, but one more kiss, okay?"
 
Ryo pushed at his chest.  "Definitely not!  You've had your kiss...and more! Dee, I'm serious!"
 
Dee let go of him reluctantly, watching as Ryo scooted further away from him across the bed.  Their struggles had loosened Ryo's robe to a fascinating degree.  One shapely leg was completely exposed, almost to the groin.  His flat hard stomach and most of his chest, which was heaving indignantly, was also on display.  Dee looked at it wistfully and sighed.
 
Glaring at Dee, Ryo yanked the robe back into place so that he was even more covered up than before.
 
"I knew I should have changed into my pajamas," he snapped and cast about on the bed for them.  Dee had arranged things so that he was actually sitting on them, and was hoping Ryo wouldn't notice.  He decided to try to distract Ryo, because knowing that Ryo's body was nude and defenseless under the robe was terribly exciting and he wanted to keep it that way.  He hoped to delay the onset of the pajama moment for as long as possible.  Who knew -- he might get another feel in on the next kiss.
     
"Dude, don't worry about it.  We're almost done anyway.  Besides, you're on your guard now, right?"
 
"I would just feel better if..."
 
"Come on, let's just do the next one.  You ready to hear secret number two?"
        
"This one had better not be about sex."  Ryo stared determinedly at the wall, his mouth set in a prim line.
 
"Really?  Okay, in that case let's skip the second one and go straight to the third."  Dee paused dramatically to force Ryo's eyes back over to his.  It worked.  Ryo looked at him expectantly, his shower-damp hair hanging in silky tendrils around his face.  His skin looked positively luminous in the low light.  This time it was Dee who looked away. His tongue flicked out to moisten lips gone suddenly dry.
 
Although he pretended not to be, Ryo had been aware of the way Dee was looking at him.  It always confused him when Dee looked at him like that with what appeared to be tenderness and adoration in his eyes.  He was so used to classifying Dee as a bit of a lech, at least where HE was concerned, anyway.  He was aware of the need to guard his body from unauthorized caresses, but occasionally he felt as though Dee were caressing his very soul and he didn't know what to do with that feeling.  He pulled the robe even tighter about himself and then crossed his legs.  "I'm waiting," he reminded Dee.
 
"Okay.  Here we go. You, Ryo McLean, pacifist and by-the-book cop, have a serious gun collection.  And they ain't all of them legal."
 
Ryo couldn't help the spasm of shock that went through him when he heard those words.  "WHAT the HELL?"
 
"Shh, Bikky's sleeping." Dee reminded him calmly.  He couldn't help smirking a little, though.  "And close your mouth, or I might start to get ideas."
 
"There's no way--Nobody--Wait a minute!  Did my uncle Rick tell you?"
 
"So THAT'S where they are!"  Dee was triumphant.  "Your uncle is looking after them for you, isn't he?"
 
Completely speechless, Ryo didn't know where to look.
 
"No, your uncle didn't tell me," Dee continued.  "I've never met him, remember?   And neither did your aunt for several reasons. I'm guessing that one of them is that perhaps she doesn't know about the guns.  Right?"
 
"Well, she knows about a couple of them," muttered Ryo.  He had drawn his feet up onto the bed and had his arms protectively wrapped around his knees in front of his body.  He glanced at Dee almost shyly.
 
"Pretty good, huh?" Dee demanded, grinning in a very self-satisfied way.
 
"How on earth did you figure that out?  I'm quite sure I've never mentioned it to you or anyone at work."
 
 "Well, I didn't really have any evidence.  It was mostly a hunch because of two things I noticed about you. First, you're always looking for an excuse to polish your rifle, and second, you're so much more knowledgeable about firearms than the average cop."
 
"I think all sharpshooters are."
 
"Yeah but not like you.  For example, JJ doesn't know half of what you know.  I tested you a couple of times by dropping the names of obscure handguns.  He didn't pick up on them, but you knew all about them.  I figured there had to be a collection somewhere, but I was pretty sure it wouldn't be here in this apartment."
 
"Am I really so obvious?"
 
"Nah.  Only to me.  That's because learning everything I can about what makes Ryo McLean tick is my life's work..." Dee's voice dropped and became huskier.
 
"Dee!  What are you doing?"
 
"Claiming my kiss, stupid."
 
"I want your hands where I can see them."
 
"Dude, if you're planning to keep your eyes open, then this kiss doesn't count.  In a REAL kiss, both parties have their eyes closed."  He nuzzled Ryo's jaw.
 
"Okay, well, put your hands behind your back, then."
 
Dee's lips traced along the opposite side of Ryo's jaw now.  "How 'bout I put one behind my back and just keep the other one down here on the bed for balance?"
 
Ryo gritted his teeth at the audacity of his partner, determined not to respond this time.  But Dee's warm breath was on his face and the other man's teeth gently tugged at his lower lip and he suddenly found himself eager for the kiss to progress.  Dee's lips moved teasingly over his from side to side, and then his tongue slid up under Ryo's upper lip and traced the line of it from the inside.  Ryo's tongue came out to meet Dee's and the kiss began in earnest.  Ryo usually tried not to put his arms around Dee when they were kissing, opting to cling to his partner's clothing instead, but occasionally he just couldn't help himself and his body refused to obey the strictures of his mind.  One of his arms stole around Dee's neck; the other went around his back, and he pressed his chest almost wantonly against Dee's.  Dee's tongue was in his mouth now, exploring the set of his teeth and the underside of his tongue.  Ryo captured it and sucked on it, then Dee's tongue withdrew and Ryo's followed it into the other man's mouth, where Dee returned the favour.  Somebody was making little gasping and moaning sounds, and distantly, Ryo came to the realization that it was him.
 
He was awash in a tide of desire.  He could feel it in the way his heart was pounding and his breathing had become heavier. The air felt different, thicker somehow, and his head seemed to be spinning.  Blood coursed through his veins with every thump of his heart and he realized to his chagrin that his penis was fully erect.  How could that be?  He was with a man.  He wasn't gay!  What the hell was his body telling him?  Suddenly he felt afraid.  He was pretty sure that Dee had already figured out that he had an erection.
 
He tried pulling away, but it didn't work because Dee was pushing him down on the bed, and now the other man's weight was partially on him.  If he didn't escape soon, something terrible would happen.  He would give in and lose his identity, lose his heart, lose his dignity and ultimately lose his best friend.  A wave of panic washed over Ryo.
 
"Okay, Dee, enough!"  Was that his voice?  He didn't sound like himself.  Dammit, suddenly he didn't know himself.
 
"What was that?  Can't hear ya," Dee's voice was muffled because he was once again working on Ryo's neck.  One of his hands began to travel down Ryo's torso.  Ryo stopped it with desperate strength.  That was enough to arrest Dee's attention, and he stopped what he was doing and took a good look at Ryo.
 
"You're freaking out, aren't you?"
 
Ryo nodded.
 
"Is it because your dick got hard?"
 
"Shit, Dee!"  Ryo exclaimed in shock, anger and humiliation.
 
"Well, is it?"
 
"Look, Dee, I keep trying to tell you.  I'm...I'm not gay.  Nor am I bi.  I don't know why I have these reactions when you kiss me.  It's one of the mysteries of the universe.  Now get off me, please.  It's late and I'm tired and I want to go watch TV and forget that this happened."
 
Ryo was unprepared for the sudden hurt that flared in Dee's eyes, as well as the rare blush that spread over his cheeks.  Dee hid the hurt immediately by tossing his head so that his hair fell forward over his eyes.  He pulled back from Ryo and Ryo was aware of an inexplicable sense of loss as the warm, hard body left his.  He sat up and pulled the robe around himself again.  He felt a little awkward.  He felt like he should say something to lighten the moment a little, but nothing good came to his mind.  Just then he spotted his rumpled but still folded pajamas under one of Dee's thighs.  He reached for them, and Dee silently moved out of the way so that Ryo could pick them up.
 
Dee spoke.  "You can change here," he said. "I'm goin' for a smoke anyway."  He swung his legs over the bed and headed for the door.  "Don't lock me out, 'kay?"
 
" 'Kay," Ryo murmured softly.
        
            *&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&*&a mp;*&*&&*
 
            ;          end of chapter three