Fake Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ A Family Event ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Unexpected I
 
Chapter 4
A Family Event
 
Ryo/Dee (mostly), some Dee/Ryo
Warnings: R, Yaoi, Male/male, MPREG, AU If you don't like, don't read!
 
I wish FAKE belonged to me. I especially wish Dee and Ryo belonged to me, but alas they belong to each other - and to the very talented and wonderful Sanami Matoh, along with the rest of the FAKE characters, series and anime. Any OCs appearing in this fic are mine.
 
### ### ### ### ###
 
12/8/05
EVENING
 
“Okay,” Dee announced to the other occupants in the room. “Let's see how all our hard work looks.” With a grin, he handed the tree light plug to Bikky.
 
Bikky anxiously grabbed it out of Dee's hand and plugged it in.
 
Carol clapped her hands together in glee. “It's beautiful,” she exclaimed, gazing in awe at the newly decorated Christmas tree.
 
“That's awesome!” Bikky exclaimed. “I can't wait to see presents showing up under it.”
 
“No way, bud,” Ryo laughed, ruffling Bikky's hair. “I know your ways already.”
 
“Aw Ryo!” Bikky complained.
 
“We can put a few wrapped boxes under the tree before Christmas,” Dee stated, a teasing gleam in his eyes. When Ryo gave him a look as if he was crazy, he added, “Even if the real gifts will remain hidden until Christmas Eve.” Dee laughed at Bikky's face.
 
“That's not funny, pervman,” Bikky grumped.
 
“Yes it is,” Dee said. “Not funny would be if there were no real gifts,” he teased.
 
“Now now, you two,” Ryo cut in before the two started to bicker again.
 
“You didn't say what you thought of the tree, Ryo,” Carol stated.
 
“I think it's wonderful,” Ryo replied. The tone in his voice left no doubt he was being truthful.
 
Ryo had healed, the ghosts of nightmare holiday seasons now in his past. He had closure surrounding the circumstances of his parents' deaths over two years earlier and had started to heal shortly after. Especially after him and Dee had become lovers. He had his own family to spend the holidays with these days. He had good memories of spending holidays with his parents. This was the latest year of adding more good memories to those from his past.
 
“It is,” Dee agreed, studying the tree, the multi-colored lights reflecting in his expressive green eyes. The lights enhanced the extra spark Ryo had started to notice more and more in those eyes during the day whenever Dee was feeling well. “I think we outdid ourselves this year.”
 
“Next year's will be better,” Ryo said with a firm assurance in his voice. “I feel this trend over the last couple of years. Each Christmas only gets better.”
 
The spark was definitely brighter in Dee's eyes as Ryo met his gaze, the two men knowing there will be an addition in their family the next Christmas.
 
“I'm glad to hear you feel that way, Ryo,” Dee said softly. He moved to stand behind Ryo, putting his arms around his waist and hugging him tightly. He rested his head on Ryo's shoulder and continued to gaze at the tree.
 
“Oh please!” Bikky exclaimed. “My eyes can't take it.”
 
“Too much love for your tiny heart, brat?” Dee asked.
 
“I think they're adorable together,” Carol sighed, smiling at the two lovers. “Especially tonight.”
 
“Why do you say that?” Ryo asked. He moved his head to share an inquiring look with Dee.
 
“I don't know,” she replied, her eyes on them. “Just….”
 
“There's something different about you two,” Bikky cut Carol off. “This morning and definitely tonight.” He stared suspiciously at the two. “What's going on?” he demanded.
 
“Different?” Dee asked, struck with surprise by the insight of the two teens. “How?” he asked, working hard on sounding neutral.
 
Bikky and Carol shrugged. “Dunno,” Bikky answered. “You just seem different. I guess in the way you guys act around each other. I don't know.”
 
Dee sighed and hugged Ryo tighter again. “Shall we?” he whispered in Ryo's ear.
 
Ryo nodded. “Yeah. Seems they're both beating us to the punch here. So let's get this over with, so we can get on with planning our holiday.”
 
Ryo and Dee had altered their original plans in telling Bikky. Originally, they thought it would be just the three of them that night. Then Carol arrived, with Bikky saying he wanted Carol join them in picking out their tree and decorating it. So during times they were left alone to quickly discuss how to handle the situation, they changed their plans to have Carol in the kitchen making some of her caramel apple cider for them when they told Bikky their news.
 
They had made the point of stopping off at the store and have Carol pick out what she needed for the treat. By the time she would be finished, they were hoping there would be enough time for them to talk to Bikky and know what his reaction would be. Dee had pointed out that in case Bikky reacted adversely, it might actually be a good thing to have Carol there. She was usually very good at soothing Bikky and eventually getting him to see reason. Carol had played a big part two years earlier in Bikky accepting that Dee no longer `molested' Ryo, and that they were a couple.
 
Now faced with the unexpected insight from Bikky and Carol, they realized they had no choice but to sit the two down and tell them together.
 
“What?” Bikky asked warily, his wide blue eyes fixed on Dee and Ryo.
 
“Sit down, Bikky,” Ryo requested as he moved away from Dee. He shot a look back to Dee. It would be impossible to send Carol to the kitchen at that point without insulting her. “Carol, you too.”
 
“What's going on?” Bikky demanded.
 
“Something good I hope,” Carol added, taking Bikky by his arm and dragging him to the couch.
 
“Oh, it's very good, Princess,” Dee assured her, his voice unusually soft.
 
He watched as the two settled on the couch. He went over to the armchair and sank comfortably into it, grateful to get off his feet. He had been feeling like he had been pushing himself the last couple of hours, and fighting the urge to take a nap. At least so far, the light dinner he had eaten appeared to be staying down.
 
He let out a sigh. If he was feeling this way at only five weeks, he feared how he would be feeling when he was very pregnant. Subconsciously, one of his hands rested on his stomach and very gently he rubbed the area in small circles.
 
Ryo chose to perch on the arm of the same chair, and put his arm around Dee's shoulder. Dee only realized what he was doing when Ryo gazed down at him, and he followed his partner's gaze to discover what his hand was doing. He removed his hand to rest it on Ryo's leg.
 
“Actually, Dee and I got an early Christmas gift,” Ryo started.
 
“What kind of gift?” Bikky asked.
 
“Well, I'm not sure what you'll think of it right now,” Ryo explained gently, “but I'm hoping soon you'll feel the same way Dee and I do.”
 
Carol's eyes settled on Ryo and the tender smile on his face, her own eyes getting wide with excitement. “Oh my God!” she squealed as Bikky stared at the two men in confusion. The boy's head snapped to gawk at Carol's outburst. “It can't be!” she continued to gush. “But it has to be it! Oh my God, that's what's different!”
 
“Princess knows,” Dee chuckled, rubbing Ryo's leg.
 
“Yeah,” Ryo agreed. “But let's see how much.”
 
“Huh?” Bikky stared at Carol, then with wider eyes than normal, he shifted his gaze back to Dee and Ryo. “Oh crap! The pervert knocked you up. Didn't he, Ryo?”
 
Dee and Ryo smiled at each other, sharing a short laugh. Ryo was so amused at the moment that he decided to ignore the cuss word coming from Bikky's mouth. Dee shifted in the chair so he could lean his head against Ryo.
 
“Well,” Ryo started. “Close enough. Yeah, we're having a baby,” he admitted.
 
Carol let out another squeal of joy, starting to jump up from the couch, apparently to hug Ryo.
 
“But!” Ryo stopped her by holding up a hand. “Dee did not knock me up, as Bikky so eloquently put it.”
 
“Okay. The moron got you pregnant,” Bikky correct. “Wow! That's gonna be… strange.” He continued to stare at Ryo.
 
“Bikky, Carol,” Ryo called out. When he had their attention, he leaned so his head was closer to Dee's. “Don't sit there, suddenly going shy on me. Clear up this misunderstanding, sweetcheeks,” he said softly, intending for only Dee to hear him.
 
“Please!” Bikky gasped. “I don't want to know how sweet the perv's cheeks are. Especially if it's not the ones on his face.”
 
Ryo started to blush when he realized his adopted son had heard him anyway. It was Ryo's favorite term of affection to call Dee when he was feeling playful. He rarely used it when around Bikky. It just slipped out with his amusement at the situation.
 
Dee let out a laugh, sitting up in the chair so he could lean forward a little. “Funny you would put it that way, Biks,” he said with a teasing gleam in his eyes. “Because you're both thinking the wrong one of us is having this baby. You see, Ryo did it.”
 
Ryo swatted at him. “I don't know why I thought it would be better to have you talk,” he muttered.
 
Carol's mouth hung open.
 
Bikky's gaze went from Ryo's red face to Dee's, which was animated with amusement. His eyes met Dee's. “Holy shit! You mean Ryo knocked you up, Dee?”
 
“BIKKY!” Ryo yelled. “Watch the mouth, bud.”
 
“Sorry. But… I mean… Oh holy shit… I'm sorry, Ryo. I don't know what else to say. Holy shit!” Bikky started to babble, while Carol laughed.
 
Dee found he could not stay stern and parental watching the conflicting emotions flashing across his adopted son's face, seeing how the emotional war within was going to end. He started to laugh. “Easy there, Biks. Don't hurt yourself,” he warned.
 
“You?” Bikky gasped. He stood up and standing before the couch, his eyes settled on Dee again. “You're pregnant?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“With Ryo's baby?”
 
“Who else do you think, brat?” Dee asked.
 
“Carol,” Ryo called out. “Do you think perhaps you can start making your cider, in case there is a reason for all four of us to celebrate?”
 
“Oh, it's a reason to celebrate!” Carol remarked, jumping up from the couch and running over to the chair. She grabbed Dee in an enthusiastic hug. “Oh Dee! Ryo! I'm so happy for you both! Dee, this is wonderful!” She kissed Dee on the cheek.
 
Ryo watched in amusement, noting that the slightly pale pallor on Dee's face for the last hour had a tinge of color in his cheeks. He laughed as Carol, still hugging Dee, leaned over to kiss Ryo's cheek.
 
“I'll be back with the celebration brew,” she assured, finally releasing Dee to give Ryo a quick hug, before rushing out of the living room and into the kitchen.
 
For a few seconds there was silence, except for the sounds of Carol in the kitchen.
 
“You okay, Bikky?” Ryo asked.
 
Bikky seemed to shake himself from his astonishment. “Y-yeah. I....” He dropped his head, looking uncomfortable. “I have to admit I had wondered from time to time about the possibility. That if it was possible and if so, would you both consider it. But,” he looked up. “For some reason I always thought it would be you, Ryo. Not Dee.”
 
“Dee and I did not consider either of us, to be honest, Bikky,” Ryo stated. “This was quite a surprise to us.”
 
“I'm guess from the way you two are acting more gooey than usual that it's a good surprise then.”
 
Dee nodded. “A very good surprise.”
 
“You're going to have a baby, Dee,” Bikky said low, in awe.
 
“Yes. I am. And you're going to have a baby brother or sister,” Dee pointed out. “You think you're up to that?” He grinned at Bikky.
 
Bikky nodded. “Y-yeah. I think I'm going to like that.”
 
Ryo let out a sigh of relief. “Bikky, Dee and I want you know that this doesn't change anything about how we feel about you. You're still our son, and will continue to be so.”
 
“I know,” Bikky replied, but it was obvious he was glad to hear Ryo say what he had. “But you're wrong. This changes everything!”
 
“Bikky,” Ryo said, suddenly concerned.
 
“But it does, Ryo. The baby is going to need more attention and stuff. I mean, I can take care of myself, but the baby won't. You're going to need help making sure it gets it.”
 
“Bikky,” Dee started carefully, a small grin on his face, “how do you feel about this?”
 
“We going to be a bigger family,” Bikky replied. “You, Ryo, me and the baby.” He finally closed the distance between them to stand before Dee. Without warning, he reached out to hug Dee. “You're going to have a baby, Dee. That's so cool. I mean, especially knowing it was an accident and all. You. It's weirder than thinking Ryo being pregnant. But I think that makes it cooler.” He pulled away from Dee. “Yeah, I'm okay with this.” He moved from Dee to give Ryo a quick hug. “I'm happy for both of you, Ryo.”
 
“For the three of us, Bikky,” Ryo corrected, ruffling the boy's blonde hair. “Don't ever forget it.”
 
Bikky nodded. “I'm going to help Carol with the cider, if you don't mind. This is something to celebrate.”
 
“That's fine, Bikky,” Ryo said, smiling fondly at his son.
 
Bikky turned to head toward the kitchen. As he went through the doorway, they heard one last utter of, “Holy shit! Dee's having a baby!”
 
Dee leaned back in the chair and burst out in laughter. “I doubt we're going to get him to stop saying holy shit for a day or two,” he wheezed through his laughter.
 
Ryo shook his head. “No. I don't think so. But I'm glad he's okay with this and we don't have to go through a tug of war trying to get Bikky to accept this.”
 
“The kid's a survivor, Ryo. He'd have adjusted sooner or later. Just as he had with me.”
 
“You know he's always cared about you too,” Ryo said. “Just as you had always felt the same about him. One of these days, I'll get the two of you to admit it to each other.”
 
“First you'll have to get him to admit it to himself,” Dee pointed out with an amused wink.
 
He shifted to the far side of the chair and patted the space next to him in invitation. One of the things they liked about the chair was they both fit in it together. It was a tight fit, but they called the fit cozy. Ryo moved around the arm so he could settle in next to Dee. Dee put his arms around Ryo as they moved their heads for a lingering kiss. They continued to kiss until they heard the sounds of Bikky and Carol preparing to return with the hot cider.
 
*** *** ***
 
“I can't believe it,” Carol gushed, standing next to the stove, carefully stirring the contents of the pot on the stove. “Dee and Ryo are going to have a baby,” she said to Bikky.
 
“I can't believe it's Dee having the baby,” Bikky said, still stunned over the news, but decidedly liking it.
 
“You're going to be a big brother,” she pointed out.
 
“I know. They made sure I knew that.”
 
“Bikky, there's going to be times when the baby will need more attention, but that won't mean….”
 
“They already told me that too. But the truth is, Dee's going to be needing more attention until the baby is born,” he said thoughtfully, leaning against the counter next to the stove. He rested his chin in his hands as he watched his friend stir the cider.
 
“Meaning?” she asked.
 
“I might have to go easy on the moron at times,” Bikky admitted with a shrug.
 
Carol laughed. “You think you can handle that?”
 
“I don't know. Getting on Dee's nerves is natural to me, like breathing or something. That's just the way we are. But if he's gonna be like all those other preggie people, there's times when he'll be sensitive and I could end up hurting his feelings or something.” Bikky rolled his eyes. “Geez, I most certainly don't want to see the perv cry or something. That wouldn't be good.”
 
“Well, you ask me, Bikky, I think for once, you might have to think before you open your mouth around Dee. Possibly around Ryo too. I mean if Dee's having a rough moment, chances are Ryo would be too.”
 
“I didn't think about that. I don't know if I can do that, but I guess I should try. I mean…. Holy shit!”
 
Carol laughed. “Yeah, yeah. I know. Dee's having a baby! Isn't that so wonderful!”
 
Bikky grinned ruefully. “Yeah. It is,” he agreed.
 
*** *** ***
 
Carol had stayed later than they planned, and her aunt had wanted Carol home that night. Dee had been looking like he was in need of sleep, so Ryo had escorted Carol home, along with Bikky, while Dee went to bed. When they returned, he sent Bikky off to sleep.
 
Ryo quietly entered the bedroom, his eyes going to the bed. Through the lights from the window, he saw Dee sprawled across the bed, almost hogging up both sides. Ryo wondered if he would be able to move Dee without waking him. He also had to wonder if Dee really got to sleep the entire time Ryo was gone, or did he have to get up. Quietly, Ryo reached in the dark where he kept his pajamas and slipped off into the bathroom to take a quick shower and change.
 
When he came out of the bathroom, instead of getting into the bed, Ryo found himself carefully pulling the chair from it's place between the windows to set it closer to the bed. He sat down, and contented himself to watch Dee. He found something amazing about just watching his partner, even in sleep. He imagined the tiny embryo within Dee, just barely the size of a dime, yet already forming the features that most probably were a combination of both him and Dee. He continued to sit for a while, just watching Dee, lost in his thoughts of becoming a father and how much he loved his partner until common sense nudged him. He remembered he had a very early day come morning and he should be already asleep.
 
After putting the chair back in its place, Ryo started to get into the bed. Dee woke up slightly, enough to move so that Ryo could get comfortable on his side. Dee then turned onto his side, his back to him, but leaning in, as if seeking the warmth of Ryo's body in his sleep. Ryo turned to his side and put his arms around Dee, pulling him closer. He smiled tenderly as Dee snuggled into the embrace and let out a small blissful sigh in his sleep.
 
Ryo fell asleep with one of his hands protectively resting on Dee's abdomen.