Fake Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected ❯ LA Story ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The Unexpected I
Chapter 11
Ryo/Dee (mostly), some Dee/Ryo
Warnings: R, Yaoi, Male/male, MPREG, AU If you don't like, don't read!
 
I wish FAKE belonged to me. I especially wish Dee and Ryo belonged to me, but alas they belong to each other - and to the very talented and wonderful Sanami Matoh, along with the rest of the FAKE characters, series and anime. Any OCs appearing in this fic are mine.
 
I'm still waiting for the beta version to be returned to me, but decided I kept everyone waiting long enough. Once I get it back, I'll update this chapter.
 
### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ### ###
 
 
Morning came too early for Ryo, and especially for Dee. It took Ryo several tries and almost giving into temptation to join his partner, in getting Dee to finally stop burrowing further under the covers and against Ryo's body. At last, Dee sat up with a groan.
 
It was almost midnight when Ryo and Dee finally got into bed. Despite being exhausted and emotionally spent, Dee insisted on taking a shower when they got into the hotel room, feeling grimy from the long day of traveling. On the way to the hotel, they had decided to make a stop in a small quiet diner to get something to eat. Ryo did not want Dee going to sleep too soon after eating. Dee had settled for a grilled chicken salad that he ended up sharing with Ryo.
 
Ryo had to agree with Dee, the morning came way too soon.
 
“What time is it?” Dee asked, almost falling back into the bed.
 
“Seven. We have to meet Diana downstairs in the lobby by 7:30,” Ryo reminded Dee.
 
“I could sleep a full day,” Dee sighed.
 
“How are you feeling?” Ryo asked, placing his head next to Dee's.
 
“Too tired to be feeling sick,” came Dee's reply before he grabbed a quick kiss from Ryo. “I liked that last night. You really did what you said you would. The last thing I remembered was being so wonderfully kissed.”
 
Ryo ran his fingers through Dee's hair. “To be honest, I needed that as much as I felt you did.”
 
Dee placed his arm around Ryo's neck. “It wasn't much easier on you, huh?”
 
“I was a basket case, Dee. I'm sure Diana will delightedly tell you all the gory details today.”
 
“I'm looking forward to it.”
 
“C'mon. We need to get moving,” Ryo insisted before he found himself giving into temptation and allowing Dee to go back to sleep, then to do the same himself. “Hopefully we won't have a long day.”
 
“I hope so too.”
 
 
 
Diana studied the two men across from her in a conference room she took over from the downtown station Dee and Ryo were to operate out of. It was designated their temporary office. Ryo was reading a file, his glasses on, absently sipping a coffee, while Dee was sorting through the evidence files, a cup of peppermint tea close at hand. She smiled as she watched them, listened to the comments one would make and the automatic response it evoked from the other. How they bounced thoughts and ideas off each other easily.
 
Dee picked up another piece of melba toast. He had complained about it loudly when she dropped the package in front of him, but apparently it was doing the job she hoped it would, and he would idly pick up a piece to nibble on it, while his mind was still on the facts he was going through. She had also bought some fruit and muffins for both men for their breakfast.
 
“You know, boys,” she mused aloud, continuing when a quick glance in her direction was the only indication that they were listening as they continued what they were best at. “I've been thinking about this the entire night after I dropped you off at the hotel. Especially after the little talk I had with Ryo.”
 
“Huh?” Ryo asked, looking up nervously. “Which talk?”
 
Dee lifted his head to gaze at Diana, waiting for her to continue.
 
“I mean, if that only happened two times, was this planned then?”
 
“Was what planned?” Dee asked, flipping a page, obviously missing her point entirely.
 
Ryo blushed, quickly looking back down in his file.
 
Dee had to clear his throat to keep from choking on his toast. “Ah, what are we talking about here?” he asked carefully, before glancing over to his partner, who was more interested in the file than he was a few moments before.
 
“You being pregnant, Dee, and Ryo topping you only twice.”
 
Dee turned back to Ryo. “You told her that?”
 
“You know how she can be,” Ryo mumbled.
 
“Listen you sea hag,” Dee remarked, “you have to stop using those FBI tactics on us. Especially Ryo.”
 
Diana laughed. “He also told me he's looking forward to a third and fourth time.”
 
“Well, I most certainly hope so, but enough of this,” Dee said.
 
Ryo sat with his face in his file, turning redder.
 
“He also said you feel he doesn't blush enough anymore. I don't see any problem. I mean, look how darling he looks over there.”
 
“Stop it, Diana,” Ryo warned, speaking into the file.
 
“Now surely two grown adult men can discuss whether this was a planned pregnancy or not without getting all embarrassed or bent out of shape,” she said.
 
“We can,” Dee replied. “So long as we're just talking about that and not the mechanics behind it. It was a surprise. Okay.”
 
“Thanks, Dee,” Ryo commented, his eyes flickering from the file before him to Dee. “Now you fell right into her trap.”
 
“What are you talking about?” Dee asked, confused.
 
“Good shot, Ryo!” Diana crowed. “Only two times and Dee ends up pregnant?”
 
“Oh crap,” Ryo muttered, rolling his eyes.
 
Dee leaned on one elbow and covered his face with his hand, starting to laugh. “Shit.”
 
“What?” Diana asked.
 
Ryo put down the file and took a deep breath. With his eyes on Dee, he said, “That would be only one time for that. The second time was after we knew for certain about the baby.”
 
“Holy….!” Diana gasped. “You have to be kidding me?”
 
“Nope,” Dee replied. “Five weeks ago Ryo decided to finally have his way with me. Guess the timing was right.”
 
“I still don't understand how you two went for two years….” She started.
 
“Enough of that!” Ryo broke in. “What Dee and I did for two years really isn't your business. And as you said last night, it worked for us.”
 
“Oh my, Ryo. I do like it when you get forceful.”
 
Dee grinned and let out a chuckle, looking back at his file.
 
“What?” Ryo asked Dee.
 
“I have to agree with that,” Dee replied neutrally. He lifted his head and his eyes met Ryo's with the unspoken addition. Ryo getting forceful was what put them in their current situation.
 
“Well…. I guess we need to talk about that,” Ryo stated to Dee. “But not now, and not with her around.”
 
“Yeah,” Dee agreed. “Sorry, Diana, but as much as you want the play by play details, even I'm not too keen about getting that deep in discussing our sex life. The obvious should be enough for you, okay? We have an equal relationship in that area now and I'm pregnant. I'm willing to discuss my surprise at learning that I am, but not how I ended up in this state.”
 
Diana laughed harder. “You're lucky I'm feeling generous, Dee. You're only a small step away from getting flustered. And when you get that way, you're as cute as Ryo when he blushes.”
 
“Diana,” Ryo sighed. He indicated the file. “We do have a case we need to concentrate on. If you like, later tonight during dinner, we'll answer all your general questions about the baby. Okay?”
 
“All right. But you better not collar Sinclair before I get the answers I want. And I only want those answers because I care about you two. And you owe me. Big time.”
 
“How you figure?” Dee asked.
 
“Simple. You both were scaring me with all this talk of you being ill. Despite assurances from you both, I couldn't help but think that you were only trying to put a positive spin on a very serious situation.”
 
Ryo looked over at Diana, his eyes softening. He heard the concern in her voice. “We're sorry, Diana. But we really would have preferred to hold off telling everyone who didn't need to know right away. If we didn't feel you should know, in case Dee had to sit something out, we never would have planned to tell you for another month or so. Dee's mother knows, only because Dee can't keep news like this from her for long.” Ryo paused to smile tenderly at Dee. “We also told the Chief. Basically because he needed to know when Dee would need some time off and to modify what Dee does slightly.”
 
“We also told him to explain why you reacted to Rose as you had,” Dee added.
 
“Yes. That too. Which is how Rose knows. Chief used it as ammo to explain my reaction in his office. Also Rose would need to know soon for the same reasons as Chief. Turns out our Commissioner's reaction to the news was not what we were expecting.” Ryo chuckled.
 
“Don't start with me, Ryo,” Dee warned. “Because eventually if he insists on pulling me into his office for those little heart to hearts of his, you're going to start getting jealous. I know you.”
 
“Ryo getting jealous of you and Berkley?” Diana asked. “How could this be?”
 
“After the Commissioner found out,” Dee explained, “I found myself being called down to his office. Seems he had a pregnant partner at one time and he's full of all sorts of advice he believes I need to get.”
 
“Dee and the Commissioner are all buddy buddy now,” Ryo snickered.
 
“I wouldn't go that far. I still don't trust him completely, but well… yeah, I guess I am willing to hear him out if it helps me get through this while keeping my job.”
 
“Berks and you? Getting along? Wow, I didn't think that was possible unless it was keeping Ryo out of trouble.”
 
Dee let out a snort, while Ryo shook his head. Dee checked his watch, then looked over to Ryo. “I think we should start thinking about heading out there and see what we can sniff out.”
 
“Don't forget to check out with Jack and Sam,” Diana said, about the two LAPD detectives who were working on the case.
 
“Of course we will, Diana,” Ryo remarked. “Let me just get a few more notes here and I'll be ready.”
 
“We'll probably be out there until I need to head over to the doc's office,” Dee added, placing the folders spread out before him into a pile.
 
“Well, call me at that time. I did mean if it's needed, Ryo will stay out on the streets. I'll have Jack and Sam join him. Meanwhile, I'll gladly make sure you get to your appointment, Dee darlin'”
 
Dee groaned. “Why does that sound like a threat?”
 
 
 
Late in the afternoon, Dee and Ryo got into the car they were using compliments of the LAPD. Dee got in the passenger seat and leaned back against the seat with a heavy sigh. He had handed the car keys over to Ryo when they approached the car.
 
“You okay, Dee?” Ryo asked.
 
“Yeah. Just a little tired. Still recovering from yesterday, I guess. I'm fine. I am a little hungry,” Dee admitted.
 
“We have time to stop off somewhere before getting you over to your appointment,” Ryo said, starting up the car. “Call Diana and let her know we're done for today.”
 
“Can we find someplace on Hollywood Blvd?” Dee asked.
 
“You're such a tourist, Dee,” Ryo chuckled affectionately. “We'll see if we can find some place with parking nearby.”
 
“Sounds like New York to me,” Dee stated. “I thought this place was full of back alleys and stuff.”
 
“I guess. I haven't found any on Hollywood yet,” Ryo replied as he started to navigate the car down Highland Avenue towards Hollywood Blvd. The road was twisty and winding, unlike the streets Ryo was used to back in New York City. Even the area of Long Island he had grown up in did not have roads like this. And yet to be in the middle of a major city.
 
“Hard to believe we're in a big city, isn't it?” Dee remarked, looking out the window at the passing scenery.
 
Once again, he mirrored Ryo's thoughts, but it had happened so much over the years, Ryo hardly thought twice about it. He simply smiled. “That's what I was thinking,” he stated casually.
 
“At least downtown reminds me more of home,” Dee sighed.
 
“Dee, when you travel, you're supposed enjoy the differences. I mean for one thing, we don't need our winter coats,” Ryo pointed out.
 
Dee chuckled. “And that is nice,” he agreed. He ran his fingers thought his hair, turning his attention from the window to Ryo. “I'm sorry. I don't know what's with me. I mean, I am enjoying getting to see Los Angeles, even if it feels we can't do any real sightseeing. Yet, I can't shake this feeling of wanting to be home.”
 
“Kind of in a melancholy mood?” Ryo asked.
 
“Yeah.”
 
Ryo smiled knowingly. “You'll be okay. Now how about calling Diana. See if we're off duty for today.”
 
“You mean if you're off duty. Please I hope so. The last thing I need is to go see a MOP with Diana along,” Dee said.
 
Ryo shook his head. “At least you know her, and even like her, despite your acting otherwise at times. I'd be stuck with Jack and Sam.”
 
“Yeah. You would.” Dee frowned.
 
“Something wrong?”
 
“Not sure. Just one of those feelings. I don't like `em much. They seem friendly enough despite us New Yorkers arriving and practically lifting the case off their desk.”
 
Ryo looked thoughtfully as he drove the car down hill, seeing his turn on Hollywood Blvd. not far ahead. “That gut instinct of yours is nagging at you again?”
 
“Yeah. What do you think of them?” Dee asked.
 
Ryo shook his head. “I don't think anything of them, to be honest.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I mean, if I think about it, I don't like them, but I don't hate them either. They're just there to make sure we behave ourselves and not get rowdy like us boys from NYPD have a reputation of.”
 
Dee let out a snort. “Now that's a joke. They're the rowdy ones.” He shook his head. “Ryo, don't laugh, but I want to watch them a bit closer.”
 
“Dee, don't start ferreting out corrupt cops along with collaring Sinclair. That's not why we're here.”
 
“Look Ryo, we had a definite location on Sinclair last we heard last night as Diana drove us to the hotel. Now this morning, he went underground again. We have enough proof of activity to suspect he's still in the city. He just changed his location. Again, if you take what Diana told us into account. Then I might be wrong, but I swear their reports are incomplete. And they were not happy handing over the case files.”
 
“We usually aren't happy either when that happens.”
 
“I hope we're not that bad about it,” Dee remarked. “Oh hey, look. The Wax Museum!” he exclaimed as Ryo turned off Highland onto Hollywood Blvd to go west.
 
Ryo stared out the windshield, quickly taking in the scene before him. He shook his head. “You ask me, it reminds me of 42nd Street. Between the McDonald's with the lighted marquee and the Wax Museum.”
 
Dee did a double take. “You know, JJ did say that once. How the changes on 42nd between 8th and 7th seemed to resemble Hollywood. He's right.”
 
Ryo nodded his head. “About our temporary keepers,” he said, going back to the original topic. “I don't want you putting your nose where it doesn't belong.”
 
“That's just it, Ryo. I sense they're trying to take us off the trail. Think about it, Ryo. Corrupt cops usually include having their hands in some drug deals. They're the lead detectives and get to select their cases. They chose this one.”
 
“And we've selected our cases, but that doesn't mean we have personal gain.”
 
“It's different.”
 
Ryo sighed. Sometimes he would swear Dee had a sixth sense. “Okay. We'll keep a close eye on them. Satisfied.”
 
“Yeah. Oh, and I want to find our own leads tomorrow. Or have Diana get some. I don't want their leads anymore. All day today, we've been running from one dead end to another.”
 
“We do that normally too at first.”
 
“Humor me, Ryo,” Dee stated. He had been looking out the window, his head swiveling from left to right to catch all the sights.
 
Ryo laughed. “I'm glad we're caught in traffic or your neck will twist off. Now don't go making yourself dizzy.”
 
 
They decided not to attempt looking for street parking and did not want to spend the money parking the car in a lot. They ended up in a Denny's on Sunset Blvd for a late lunch. After ordering a grilled chicken sandwich and onion rings, Ryo frowned as Dee ordered a Chef's salad. On one hand it was good seeing Dee eating salads, but that was never a problem before. He always enjoyed a salad with his meals, along with something more solid as Dee would put it.
 
As the waitress walked away, Ryo touched Dee's arm. “Is your stomach okay?” he asked.
 
“Queasy,” Dee replied. “Not enough to say I feel ill, and I don't want it to go in that direction. Like I said, I'm still settling down from yesterday's adventures.”
 
“Okay. So we're off duty for now?” Ryo asked, referring to when Dee had finally gotten around to calling the FBI agent.
 
“Yeah. She said she'll be picking us up around 7 tonight to take us out to dinner,” Dee stated.
 
“Good. After we get out from the doctor's, as tempting as it is to drive around for a while, we're going back to the hotel.”
 
“Aw Ryo,” Dee started to protest. “We may not be able to stop and walk around, but I am enjoying seeing things as they go by. I mean, we saw Mann's Chinese Theater, the Hollywood Bowl, some of Santa Monica. It's better than not at all. Right?”
 
“I want you to try to take a nap, Dee. And don't pout.” He took Dee's hand in his.
 
Dee's eyes went wide, the surprised dark haired detective still getting used to the new public displays his usually reticent partner had been treating him to ever since the morning before. He was watching as the last of Ryo's walls were crumbling down. It had started the day a few days earlier, the day after Dee had told Ryo they were going to be fathers. In the last two days, Ryo had taken leaps. Dee smiled remembering not just the kiss he had received upon stepping off the plane in LAX, but to later be stopped in the middle of a busy terminal to receive another. While on duty, Ryo had been professional as always, and as agreed between the two of them two years earlier with no intention from either of them to change that. Yet before, and now after, Ryo was showing no qualms in acting as Dee's significant other.
 
“What are you smiling about?” Ryo asked, looking at dreamy jade eyes that settled on him.
 
“You.” Dee squeezed the hand holding his. “You're different, and I think I'm liking it. Very much.”
 
“Really?” Ryo's grin turned impish. “Sure now that you're getting what you wished for, you're not discovering you're uncomfortable about it?”
 
Dee shook his head. “No.”
 
They both looked up as the waiter came over with their drinks. Dee smiled, realizing Ryo was still holding his hand, while he thanked the waiter.
 
When the waiter left, Ryo leaned closer. “Are you sure?”
 
“Positive,” Dee replied, wondering if Ryo was actually going to dare do what Dee started to suspect.
 
He did not have to wonder long as Ryo leaned more across the table to put his lips to Dee's for a brief kiss. “I love you,” Ryo sighed, before pulling away and sitting back in his chair.
 
“Oh my God!” Dee gasped in amazement, eyes on the love shining in Ryo's dark eyes. “I think I just fell in love with you again!”
 
Ryo laughed easily. “I've been saying the same thing about you about twice a day lately.”
 
“Well….” Dee grinned. “This is going to get very interesting.” His grin turning warm, it was Dee's turn to lean close and steal a kiss from Ryo. “Very nice. I think we might survive the next 8 months with as little embarrassment as possible.”
 
Ryo gave Dee a knowing look. “I know, Dee. If you think I'm going to let anyone think that baby isn't mine, you're delusional.”
 
Dee fell back in his seat, his mouth gaping. When he finally closed it, he shook his head. “You know what they say, Ryo. A baby can change your life. Already I'm feeling it's true.”
 
“Me too, love. Now about that nap when we get back. I promise some cuddling.”
 
“Deal!”
 
*** *** ***
 
“C'mon you two,” Diana cajoled from her side of the table, which was situated in the middle of Jerry's Famous Deli in West Hollywood. “Spill already.” She picked up a French fry and nibbled on it, her eyes on the two men sitting next to each other.
 
“It was a complete and total surprise,” Dee admitted. “Seriously. I thought I had the flu and damn near went ballistic at even the suggestion. Of course, once I knew it to be true, I was going to have it. End of story.”
 
“No it's not,” Diana edged. Her blue eyes studied Ryo. “You seem to have settled quite nicely for a surprise. Bad enough Dee, but then understanding his background, I can see his reasoning. You, however, had a choice to run.”
 
“From what? One of the best nights in my life?” Ryo stated deadpan. “Diana, hello, it's Dee. How do you think I would react?”
 
Dee chuckled. “I'm surprised you didn't freak at all. I know I had for a while.”
 
Ryo glanced at Dee. “Honestly? I think my thoughts copied Bikky's reaction for that first minute. But I had you in my arms, hearing you say you were going to go through with this and suddenly I felt this huge sense of relief. I knew right then that I was going to be there with you all the way. It got easier after that.”
 
“Aw, how sweet,” Diana cooed, batting her eyelashes at them. “Okay, now that we got that cleared out of the way….” She picked up another French fry and nibbled on it thoughtfully before continuing, “just once, Ryo?”
 
“Diana!” Ryo sputtered, nearly knocking over the glass he was setting down on the table.
 
“She doesn't give up,” Dee laughed. His eyes twinkled wickedly as he placed his fork down on his plate. “Okay. To be precise, it was more like one night.”
 
“Dee!” Ryo warned.
 
“And?” Diana asked, leaning further across the table.
 
“And nothing. That's all you get,” Dee replied, folding his arms.
 
“C'mon, Dee! Ryo? Please.”
 
Ryo shook his head. “No. No more juicy details for you. Live with it.”
 
Dee picked up a piece of his stuffed cabbage, and held the fork up. “If you're nice, we may raise baby to call you Auntie Sea Hag.”
 
Ryo covered his mouth to keep from spitting his corned beef out.
 
“I can see pregnancy hasn't done anything to adjust your attitude,” Diana grumped.
 
“Now, now,” Ryo said. “Be nice, you two. Don't start. Dee, do you want to share an ice cream sundae or maybe a strudel with me?”
 
“Order the ice cream. Just nothing too extreme and gooey,” Dee replied.
 
Diana stared at Dee in amazement. “You king of the human garbage disposals want a plain sundae?”
 
“Quiet Diana,” Ryo remarked. “This is the most Dee's eaten since yesterday morning.” He pointed to the plate that had only a small piece left each of the stuffed cabbage and knish Dee had ordered.”
 
“Well, I guess a day like yours would upset anybody's stomach for a couple of days,” Diana conceded. “So what are you hoping the baby will be?” she asked.
 
“Diana,” Ryo sighed fondly. “I'll settle for a healthy baby.”
 
“Aw c'mon. Dee?”
 
“I don't care,” Dee replied. “I'm with Ryo. Healthy.”
 
“Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?” Diana asked.
 
Dee and Ryo traded a glance. “We haven't talked about that yet,” Dee replied honestly. “I mean, as settled as we seem, we're still getting used to it all. I'm having enough problems ordering something that Ryo points out I shouldn't be having.” He pouted. “Which is another reason for me continuing to eat light. There doesn't seem to be much I can eat. I'm supposed to survive the day on one, maybe two cups of coffee a day. Quit smoking. And somehow get through the next 8 months with my freakin' sanity.”
 
“You quit smoking?!?” Diana exclaimed in shock.
 
“Well, it's best I do,” Dee remarked defensively.
 
“Almost,” Ryo corrected. “But he's working on that one.”
 
Dee frowned at Ryo. “Keep it up and I won't allow you to have those extra cups of coffee anymore. And I'll tell Mother.”
 
“Running to your mommy now, aren't you Dee?”
 
“It's not like that!” Dee cried out. “It's just that Ryo made a promise to Mother, but I'm letting him slide a little. Mostly because we don't need two under-caffeinated grumps.”
 
“I love you too, Dee,” Ryo remarked sarcastically.
 
Diana laughed. “You two are so much fun to hang out with. I ought to find more reasons to bring you out here to Los Angeles.”
 
“I think after we fly back to New York,” Dee started, “I am not going to fly for a very long time. Never if I have my way.”
 
Ryo glanced over at Dee and what he was able to pick up with his sense of knowing Dee, placed an arm around his partner's shoulder and pulled him close. “I hope it doesn't come to it, but on the way back, I swear we're going through the whole trip together. Even if we have to stay in Chicago for a week.”
 
Dee merely nodded. The waiter came over to their table to take their plates. They gave their orders for dessert.
 
Diana offered to drive them around town a little. They passed it up, but ended up stopping to walk around the front of Mann's Chinese Theater. Diana had her camera and took pictures.
 
At one point, Ryo grabbed Dee to stand before the large dragons, asking Diana to take a photo. It was a photo of two men very much in love. Ryo's hand lovingly rested on Dee's abdomen, while his other was around his partner's waist. Dee's arm rested along Ryo's shoulder's, pulling him close. Diana could not help squealing how absolutely beautiful they were.
 
They ended up making a quick stop at Diana's at Ryo's insistence to get a copy of the photo. All the pictures ended up being printed up, over sliced fruit and sparkling cider. Diana took the cider out so she could toast the two fathers to be. Then as her and Ryo continued to finish the cider, she insisted on making Dee some tea - despite his protests. As she started to fawn over him, making sure he was comfortable, if his tea was too hot, too cold, too sweet and so on, Dee definitely started to look flustered.
 
Ryo could not help but laugh. He realized Dee's days of playing her coffee boy when she was around was over, for at least eight months.
 
Later that night back at the hotel room, when Dee settled in the bed after taking a shower, he noticed Ryo take a book out of his carry on.
 
“What's that?” he asked as Ryo settled next to him, the book, the picture and a glue stick in hand.
 
“Your journal,” Ryo replied, holding out the book Dee had so far showed no signs of interest in.
 
“I suppose you started it, huh?” Dee asked, taking it.
 
“Yeah. And handy facts you really should read.”
 
Dee flipped through the pages reading the few short entries Ryo had made. “Why should I when I have you to tell me what it says.”
 
“You are impossible sometimes. I thought since you're all concerned with the baby's health and all, you'd be anxious to read up everything you can to make sure you are doing everything correct.”
 
Dee leaned over to grab a quick kiss from Ryo. “Again, that's what I have you for. Besides, I'm still reading through everything I got at the clinic. And trying to make some sense out of everything.”
 
“Fair enough,” Ryo said, taking the book from Dee and placing it on his lap. He flipped to a page, then taking the glue stick, he applied it to the back of the picture of him and Dee at Grumman's.
 
Dee's eyes settled on the page. “Oh,” he whispered awed.
 
“Not the day of, but close enough,” Ryo replied, settling the picture in place on the page. On the top of the page had the word `Welcome', and under it said, `To Our Baby'. Then the photo Ryo set within the square for a photo. Under it said, “This photo of your daddies was taken on,” Ryo filled in the date. Then added, “In front of Mann's Chinese Theater, five days after we were informed of your upcoming arrival.” There were other facts to fill out, including the feelings of each father upon the news and where he was, who the first person they told was.
 
Ryo smiled as Dee took the pen from Ryo's hand, holding it in his left hand and by the line where it was his space to put where he was and his feelings, filling in the blank. “Under the tree where I first kissed your Papa”, Dee wrote for where. His feelings were: “In complete and total awe. I knew at that moment I loved you.”
 
Ryo's eyes softened as he settled his head against Dee's. He started to grin like a maniac as he stared at Dee's handwriting. He glanced over to find Dee's smile mirroring his. Dee's eyes shifted to look at Ryo, and they both laughed, before sharing a kiss.
 
“I don't think my replies will be much different,” Ryo said softly after the kiss.
 
“I believe you,” Dee said.
 
After Ryo filled in his entry, he handed the pen back to Dee. “This one should be your honor.”
 
Dee looked down at the last line to be filled out. He smiled gently and started to write as the first person told: “Your grandma Penguin.” He closed the pen, then placed the book and pen aside on the night stand. He pulled Ryo close for a deeper kiss. As the kiss intensified, Dee leaned back, pulling Ryo on top of him as their hands started to explore their bodies.
 
 
That's so much to VgGkYaoiGurl for the lovely review!