Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Behind Enemy Lines: A Bleach Story ❯ The Begining of a Horrible Shool Year (and a dormitory mishap) ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter or Bleach, so leave me alone! =.=
 
Chapter 4:The Beginning of a Horrible School Year (a slight dormitory mishap!)
 
 
Dumbledore cleared his throat to get the attention of the squabbling students. “Ahem. Tonight you will eat your dinner in your house Common Rooms. The first years will be led there by the Prefects. We hope we can fix this damage by tomorrow. Good night.” The headmaster quickly dismissed the adolescents to their “Common Rooms.” Wow, these people were full of strange terms and phrases. Ichigo thought before his thoughts were interrupted by one of the red-headed kids from before.
 
“All Gryffindors, this way!”
 
Ichigo swiftly grabbed Rukia by the arm and pulled her towards the boy…erm, Rocky? Reeve? Something like that. Many of the Gryffindor girls followed Ichigo, much to his distaste. Then, those annoying ginger-headed twins strolled up to him and one of them said, “Wow! That was so cool! How did you do that?”
 
Ichigo sighed in exasperation, “I just did. Isn't that enough?”
 
“Well anyway, do you really fight those things all the time?”
 
“I guess.”
 
“Wicked!”
 
Ichigo distanced himself and Rukia from the two lanky redheads. They followed the crowd down a series of corridors and up some crumbly stone stairs to an ugly picture of some overweight broad in a pink dress. “Password?”
 
Oh god. First, creepy horses, then talking pictures?! What the hell was WRONG with this demented place?! Next there's going to be ghosts running around everywhere…
 
“Mimbulus mimbletonia.” One of the ginger-headed boys said. Ron! Yeah, that was his name. Ichigo frowned, it took him longer than expected to remember. The picture swung away from the wall, revealing a passageway.
 
`Mimba-whasit? What a stupid freakin password.' Thought Ichigo as he climbed through with all the others.
 
“My arm hurts, Ichigo.” A voice said behind him.
 
“Huh?” Ichigo mumbled, looking back at Rukia.
 
Rukia pointed to his hand, which was still gripping her forearm. “No need to squeeze so hard. I'm not going anywhere.”
 
“Oh. Sorry.” Ichigo was so preoccupied with his inside thoughts, he didn't notice they had walked into a crowded room with red furniture everywhere. There was a fireplace with a burning hearth, and a large table crammed with plates of food he supposed, was for all of them. He disliked noisy, crammed places like this.
 
Oh well. His stomach cried out in remorse of its empty state. Ichigo was also starting to develop a migraine from a combination of the people around him and the lack of nourishment. He would kill for some of Yuzu's home cooking right now. He could practically smell the sensation of her famous Miso soup and rice balls…no, hold on. He mustn't let his hunger clog his mind with fantasies of his favorite treats. It would make his suffering more painful.
 
“Oi, Ichigo.” Rukia waved a hand in front of his face. “You've been out of it for a while now…Let's go eat!” She smiled artificially and led him over to the table where all the food was. There was an assortment of European foods with some fruit and dark liquid as well as water. Not what he would prefer, but eh, beggars can't be choosers. He picked up a random empty plate and began filling it with what seemed vaguely edible. He saw Rukia do the same. Out of nowhere, five girls approached him, so Ichigo knew he was in for trouble.
 
“Um, we all thought what you did was really heroic.” One girl said, blushing.
 
Ichigo stared “Uh…thanks?” Silence enveloped the group before he muttered a `bye' and stalked off and gesturing for Rukia to proceed after him. They selected two seats in an out of the way corner to sit down and begin to eat at a small and round table.
 
“I wonder how they got all this food here.” Rukia thought aloud.
 
“Who cares?” Ichigo didn't hesitate to pick up his fork and dug into a pile of what he presumed to be chicken He instantly regretted it. He coughed and forced himself to swallow the vile substance.
 
“What did you expect? Oden?” Rukia looked unfazed.
 
“Ew. Pleh. What was in that stuff?” Ichigo sourly scowled upon his meal and tasted something that looked like mashed potatoes. It was acceptable, so he helped himself to another bite. Rukia, sitting across from him ate what he guessed was fruit salad.
 
“You know, for some reason, I've been on the receiving end of some glares from my female peers.” Rukia remarked out of the blue as she took a bite of her salad.
 
“Hn.” Ichigo mused in reply. That was probably because him and Rukia were around each other so much, everyone was getting certain ideas. It was the same back home, so there was no reason for it to be different here. His eyes widened as something dawned on him. The other moment ago, he was hanging on Rukia's arm. Since everyone had their eyes on the unhappy Shinigami teen, they probably saw that too. Oh, damn. Sooner or later, the rumors would start. He would have to break contact with the petite temporary human. But wait! He couldn't do that! Ichigo would have to hang around all those annoying magicians all the damn time. And without him there to hold them off, what's to stop his so-called fans from harming Rukia? The damage was already done, so leaving Rukia on her own would only result in complete disaster.
 
Without realizing it, Ichigo cleaned his plate, and so did Rukia. He yawned and stood, putting his plate on a random table. He saw Rukia copy him. The room had thinned and only one or two students were still awake and eating. Ichigo was glad that most of his `fans' weren't around. He yawned widely as he scratched the back of his head.
 
“Where do we sleep?” She asked and Ichigo shrugged in reply.
 
“In our dormitories.” One of the wizard teens said. Ichigo recognized him to be the Harry Potter kid and Ron.
 
“So…where are those?”
 
“The girls' dormitory is on the left, the boys' on the right. Up that staircase.” Potter said as he pointed to two curving staircases.
 
“Okay. Bye.” Ichigo said while he stalked up the stairs on the right, yawning loudly. Rukia would probably have the worst time in the girls' room, seeing as most of them wanted to kill her. Wait a minute… Ichigo turned around to see Rukia following him up the steps. “What are you doing?!” he growled.
 
“Going to bed.” Rukia muttered.
 
“Go sleep in the girls' dormitory.”
 
“But I'm scared.” Rukia replied. “All the girls hate me for some reason!”
 
Then Ichigo noticed that they were having this conversation in the boys' dormitory. He froze. Damn it! More damage to his already shredded reputation! “Go! Out! You aren't allowed in here!” Ichigo screamed nervously, pushing Rukia out of the door.
 
“But they'll kill me in my sleep! I know it!” Rukia said frightfully. “Don't leave me with them! I don't know why I made them mad but they are!”
 
“I don't care!” Ichigo growled as Rukia clung desperately to the doorway. Finally, Ichigo had successfully pried her hands from the door and pulled her down the stairs.
 
Rukia pulled on his arm saying, “I'll blame you for my murder!”
 
“You'll be dead!” Ichigo snapped back.
 
“I'll come back and haunt you for the rest of your days!”
 
Ichigo muttered as he pushed her into the stairway of the girls' dorm. “I can easily turn into a soul reaper and kill you a second time!”
 
“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Rukia yelled.
 
“Go or I'll slice you in half!” Ichigo snapped as he turned and ran back up the stairs to the boys' room. Ichigo slammed the door behind him, breathing heavily. Instantly he regretted locking himself in the same room as the Hogwarts kids.
 
One of the boys smirked and said, “Have a nice time?”
 
“What are you talking about?” Ichigo growled as he wandered over to his four poster bed and sat on the edge.
 
“Are you and Miss Kuchiki a couple?” another boy asked.
 
“Hell no. Why would you think that?” Ichigo frowned at them.
 
“He's playing dumb isn't he?” one boy muttered to his friend.
 
Ichigo shook his head, “I have no idea what you guys are talking about…” he then crawled under his blankets and pulled the cover over his head, wishing that this was only a nightmare.
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=
 
 
Rukia nervously slipped into her bed, since all the other girls were asleep or so it seemed. It was probably only a matter of time… When she climbed into her bed instantly Rukia knew it was way too soft for her liking. One girl not far from Rukia shifted and muttered something. She almost squeaked in fright. She slowly pulled her blankets up to her chin as to not disturb her roommates. After a while she started to sweat, frustrated she threw the cover off. Then Rukia realized the reason why she was sweating was because she didn't change into Yuzu's pajamas. She had only took off her shoes and left them by the door. Rukia retrieved the pajamas from her trunk and looked around for somewhere to change.
 
Another one of her roommates turned over in her bed and Rukia jumped. The silence was disturbing. She looked around but it was too dark to see anything. She headed for a nearby closet, closing the door softly as she changed into her nightclothes. The familiar smell of her Ichigo's house comforted her slightly as she quietly walked out of the closet. She climbed back into bed and left the sweaty robes on top of her suitcase. Honestly. She didn't understand why people wore that kind of stuff.
 
“Are you and Kurosaki a couple?” A voice said, coming out of nowhere. Rukia screamed as she jumped up from her covers, some of the other girls had also screamed as hey sat up from their beds. Well, now everyone was awake.
 
The one who asked the question was a girl from earlier on the train. Rukia sighed saying, “What do you mean?”
 
“Are you around each other all the time?” the girl asked.
 
“Well, yeah I guess.”
 
“Do you eat every meal with him?”
 
“Sure.”
 
“Have you every hugged?”
 
“Yeah.” Rukia replied, thinking of all the times she dragged Ichigo's body around when he was a soul reaper. Also that time when he saved her from the Soukyoku.
 
All the girls silenced themselves, taking in the information. Then they started saying things like, “I'm so jealous!” or “She's so lucky.” Things that made Rukia shiver. Rukia frowned, “What do you mean by asking me that?”
 
“You just seem kind of close I guess.” The girl said.
 
“Oh,” Rukia mumbled, laughing nervously. “I guess we are. Like brother and sister!”
 
The girl frowned, “Are you sure?”
 
“Yeah, I'm pretty sure!”
 
“Then why are you always clinging to him?” Another girl asked, sitting on the top of her bed and watching Rukia intently.
 
“I guess, well… Ichigo is the one who's clingy.” Rukia replied.
 
“Really he doesn't seem to be the kind of person.”
 
Rukia said, “Well, that's just what he likes you to see. He has this big thing about reputations.”
 
“So you're saying we don't know him as well as you?” another girl asked.
 
“Well yeah.”
 
One girl fumed, “That's not true!”
 
“Yes it is.” Rukia replied, “I mean you've only known Ichigo for a day. And I don't think you've ever talked directly.”
 
The girl sighed, “That's true.”
 
“For only so long! As the year goes by Kurosaki will get to know me better!” the girl said happily.
 
“Oh, please stop fantasizing like idiots! Kurosaki is NOTHING compared to Professor Byakuya!” Another girl exclaimed.
 
“Professor Byakuya didn't do anything…he doesn't do anything!” Another said.
 
“Not true!”
 
Rukia sighed, pulling the blankets over her head and squishing her skull between the mattress and pillow to attempt to drown out the noise.
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^ ^=^^=^^=
 
The next morning, Ichigo awoke to stares and snickering behind his back. The dream he had was filled of bunnies and crayons like a demented childhood fantasy. Ichigo tried to ignore the constant whispers and chuckles even though they were driving him crazy. He yawned and looked around, seeing everyone getting dressed, so Ichigo decided to imitate them since he didn't know what he was really supposed to do. He had never been in a boarding school.
 
Ichigo trudged down the steps, scratching his head as he made his way through the common room. “ICHIGO!” His little companion exclaimed as she bounded over happily.
 
“I thought you were going to get killed in your sleep.” Ichigo muttered.
 
“They decided to torture me before that. All the girls are quite envious of me for some reason… When really I don't know why you would be envious of someone when they are always around a lazy blockhead…” Rukia said quietly.
 
“How dense can you get?” Ichigo asked, wandering out of the common room and down the moving staircases (which he hated, in fact, he hated everything in this place) to the Great Hall.
 
“Can't these things just stay still? Is there really a need for moving stairs?!” Rukia cried.
 
Ichigo growled, “Shut up… and peel yourself off of me!”
 
“You know, for someone who doesn't want attention you really attract it to yourself.”
 
“Be quiet.”
 
“You're knee deep in your own ego…” Rukia growled as she pushed past him and stomped down the steps. “And keep moving! Or you'll get lost again.”
 
Ichigo ran to catch up with her. “I did NOT get lost!”
 
Rukia laughed under her breath, “Yeah, yeah. Go on believing that Strawberry…” They reached the Great Hall where most of the students sat at their tables eating. It was somewhat crowded and Ichigo scowled at this, since he wasn't very social with the other students. They sat down at two empty seats while a familiar blonde girl came hopped up to them.
 
“GOOD MORNING ICHIGO!” Chiaki bellowed. “HOW DID YOU SLEEP!?”
 
Ichigo frowned deeper; “Can't you talk like a normal person?”
 
“That's impossible for someone like me Kurosaki-san.” Chiaki said, winking. “And quit being such a grouch. You kill the funny moments in life. Well, anyways, god morning Rukia! How was your beauty sleep?”
 
“Unbearably awkward. The girls still hate me for no reason!”
 
“Heh, heh,” Chiaki chuckled, “Oh, there's a reason.”
 
“Then you'll tell me?”
 
“Nope.” Chiaki patted Rukia on the head. “Poor, immature Rukia. How life hasn't bloomed before your eyes is something I can't pass up! Just watching you stupidly wander around with no idea that you have quite a problem on your hands is just so entertaining!”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Just enjoy life Rukia.” Chiaki said mystically. “You'll find out some day!”
 
“Stop poisoning her mind you psycho.” Ichigo muttered.
 
“I'm sorry, I've should've been aware of your protective nature, Ichigo!” Chiaki laughed evilly as Ichigo growled and turned away and focused on his food. “Anywho! The headmaster wants a meeting with all the soul reapers.”
 
“Shush! Don't say that word! Say Shini—” Ichigo began before Chiaki slapped a hand over his mouth.
 
“First of all rookie. Everyone knows THAT name. Soul reaper is a general term in this situation.” Chiaki growled. Her voice had become deadly serious.
 
“But they can still understand us.” Rukia said.
 
“It still keeps us undercover so…yeah.” Chiaki removed her hand from Ichigo's mouth and continued, “Right after breakfast report to the headmaster's office.”
 
“We don't know where that is.” Ichigo muttered while he rubbed his mouth where it stung. It felt like she had slapped the crap out of him.
 
“What is a Slytherin doing here?” A girl with bushy brown hair said. It was…er…Herminnie? Hermonny? Hermianni? Something like that.
 
“Conversing with her pals!” The blonde haired girl said happily as she embraced Ichigo and Rukia in a tight hug. Ichigo pushed her away.
 
“Don't touch me. There has to be two feet in between us at all times.”
 
Chiaki kicked him in the shin. “Shut up!”
 
“Why? Is it not allowed? Is it forbidden or just taboo?” Rukia asked.
 
“Taboo.” The girl replied.
 
“Didn't you hear her?” Ichigo asked Chiaki. “Leave now!”
 
Chiaki sniffed, “I can clearly see I have been rejected!” She turned dramatically and pranced away as she yelled, “REMEMBER! THE HEADMASTER'S OFFICE! GOOD BYE!”
 
“It's at times like these I wish I didn't know her.” Ichigo muttered.
 
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=
 
Their schedules were handed out, Harry had Transfiguration first with both Ron and Hermione and after that, he had potions and Care of Magical Creature after and then lunch. Then he had a free period and after that he had Defense Against the Dark Arts for the rest of the day. He was going to spend his Mondays with an hour and a half of their new professor for the rest of the year. How entertaining.
 
Harry, Ron, and Hermione ate their usual spot during breakfast, discussing the events of the previous night over pumpkin juice and toast. The new transfer students seemed to be a common subject around the households. Both positive and negative. The occurrences of the night before had been wiped clean, the Great Hall was repaired within a night which was pretty amazing.
 
“It was like one of those foreign stories brought to life.” Ron said through a mouthful of eggs. “But it was weird. Did you see how they were dressed?”
 
Harry nodded. Hermione said, “But, Professor Byakuya was so amazing!”
 
“What's with you and professors?” Ron asked as he reached for his cup of juice.
 
“But that other kid was the one who killed the monster off anyway.” Ron muttered. “That new professor seems just too stuck up for me.”
 
Harry laughed. “I have to agree with Ron, Hermione. He's a bit of a snob.”
 
“H-he just probably has trouble adjusting to our environment.” Hermione explained.
 
“You're making it sound like he's some animal brought over seas.” Harry muttered as he cleaned his plate of food. Then he noticed that a Slytherin girl had went to talk to Kurosaki and Miss Kuchiki. Obviously they didn't try to keep their conversation down for Hermione had gotten up and went over to share a word with them. The blonde Slytherin then shrugged and turned away, running dramatically away to her house table.
 
“What was that all about?” Harry asked Hermione as she sat down.
 
“One of the Slytherin girls had went to talk to them It was a bit strange to see them that way. Knowing the other house so well I thought they would all stay clear of us.” Hermione replied. Then the bell sounded. It was time for class. Harry couldn't help but notice that the transfer students were going in a different direction than with the other students. They must have something important to do or something of the sort.
 
^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^= ^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=
 
Ichigo and Rukia followed the other Shinigami as they headed for the headmaster's office. At the very front, Ichigo could see Byakuya leading the way, the show off of a bastard. He wondered if any of the other Hogwarts students were suspicious of them, since they were the oddballs out of the school. Not to mention especially when Menos Grande, a monster that the wizards had never seen before had popped out of nowhere and Ichigo and the others were the only ones who could defeat it. It sounded very fishy to him but then again these people were as dense as bricks. His thoughts abruptly ended as they came to a large statue of an eagle.
 
Byakuya at the front mumbled something as the eagle moved, revealing a spiraling staircase that lead up into some kind of space behind the wall. What was with these people and spiral staircases? Like they made the effort to be confusing and idiotic. The steps started to move up like an escalator as the Shinigami filed onto the stairs. Rukia and Ichigo were somewhere in the middle of the crowd as they reached some kind of room with long rows of chairs.
 
When he caught sight of the place, Ichigo knew they were in for a long lecture. The room was red and brown with pictures and books shelves that were at every wall. The pictures, eerily enough, moved in their frames, either watching the Shinigami suspiciously or talking to their neighbor about the Shinigami. Ichigo sent one man a dirty look and the wizard in the frame adverted his eyes. At the front of the room stood the headmaster and two of the teachers.
 
“Sit down, please.” The exceedingly old man, whatever his name was, said to the Shinigami in disguise. And so they did. Ichigo uncomfortably sat down in the hard wooden chair, and to his great dismay, he ended up between Rukia and Byakuya. How the hell did that happen? The old man coughed for attention as they quieted down.
 
“As you know, I am the headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore.” The headmaster said pleasantly. “When we enrolled you into our school we didn't know that we were getting some special students. The predicament that you have put the school in is very dangerous.” At this, all eyes wandered to Ichigo who shrugged nonchalantly. “I want to know if this such a thing can be prevented.” The headmaster continued.
 
Byakuya stood, “We can. We are used to taking care of the creatures and if they reside here it would be no different. As long as someone could get it together.”
 
“Why don't you come out and say that you're directing your statement at me?” Ichigo muttered. “It's not like I asked to be here.”
 
“Shush, children are to be seen and not heard.” Byakuya growled.
 
The potions professor, Ichigo knew now as Snape, said, “Also you did not go into detail on how this all occurred.”
 
“Let me explain for you.” Byakuya began. Instead of it sounding polite, it sounded extremely condescending. “These spirits are called, `hollows'. Malevolent lost spirits. People who die with regrets and sadness become these things if not taken care of quickly. They become monsters and attack souls with strong spiritual ability or other spirits that haven't been released from this world.” He paused here. “Are you following me?”
 
The professors nodded. Byakuya nodded and continued. “Our school excels in the banishing of these hollows. We have the power to send them to the other side. Only students in other schools with high spiritual energy can use these charms and they are quickly placed into our program.”
 
`He might have passed on his lying skills to Rukia.' Ichigo thought. `Whatever he says flows from the mouth as if it was the truth.'
 
“As said before the hollows attack people with high spiritual energy, which is why they had appeared yesterday afternoon and last night. Any questions?” Byakuya finished off coolly.
 
“Yes,” said the female teacher. “How come this has never happened before?”
 
Byakuya coughed twice and then said, “The students of your school have low spiritual energy. Their bodies only exceed in manipulating `magic'” he made the quote symbol with his fingers.
 
“What about our professors?” Dumbledore asked.
 
“They have just as low energy.” Byakuya tried not to make the teachers feel inferior so added, “But a bit more than the students.” Of course that was a lie, but whatever sugar-coated their case.
 
The potions teacher seemed to dislike the idea of being inferior to new comers. “That is highly unlikely.”
 
“How can I prove it to you then, pull your spine through your mouth with a special demon arts, or summon a hollow here now? Whatever will relieve me of that dirty glare Snape.” Byakuya replied coldly.
 
Ichigo rolled his eyes at Byakuya. The bastard was trying to make himself look cool. The female teacher spoke, “This `demon arts' you speak of, what is it?”
 
Rukia said from her chair. “I can explain that. The Demon arts are a high leveled form of special incantations that only an individual with high-leveled spirit energy can perform.”
 
Snape seemed to dislike that also. “So you aren't well versed in our ways of magic?”
 
“Why do you think we are here?” Byakuya asked. “Our students would like to study abroad.” The frown on the potions professor deepened.
 
“If we were to learn the same things here as we did at home then why would we bother to come here?” Ichigo questioned with a flat-eyed expression.
 
Byakuya said, “It seems that you Snape, don't seem to trust my students and I. Why is that?”
 
“You obviously are introducing creatures and arts that are new to both us and the students. Of course I would be suspicious.”
 
“I will be honored to demonstrate, so you get an idea of what I'm talking about. Would you like me to?” Byakuya asked, turning towards the headmaster.
 
“I suppose that would be a good idea to see what I am dealing with.” Dumbledore muttered.
 
Ichigo could see that Byakuya could hardly reserve a smirk. “I need an assistant, so Snape, since you are the only one with so many questions, would you come and stand next to me?” Byakuya said as the potions professor stepped down and stood next to the Shinigami.
 
“Binding spell the first, SAI!” Byakuya chanted as Snape's arms snapped back and his body fell, paralyzed on the floor by Byakuya's feet. Ichigo heard a few faint snickers in the back, knowing that the professor had just fell for a Shinigami trick.
 
The two other professors gasped in horror, “What, what have you done to him?” the female teacher asked.
 
“Do not be alarmed, he is just suffering from a temporary case of paralysis.” Byakuya replied calmly while smirking. “He will be able to move in maybe a day or so.” Snape grunted and sent a look of pure hatred towards the captain.
 
“Well, any more questions?” Byakuya asked pleasantly.
 
“Congratulations, you've just succeeded in confusing them even more.” Ichigo muttered quietly.
 
“Did you say something Kurosaki?”
 
“Obviously not.” Ichigo replied, rolling his eyes. “The professor deserved it anyway for being an asshole.”
 
“He didn't mean that! Really, he didn't!” Rukia said apologetically to the headmaster. “Shut your mouth…” she finished off at Ichigo. Ichigo sighed and thought longingly of his freedom of speech.
 
“Anyhow,” Byakuya said, coughing. “If that was all you needed us for we will be going now. And you might need a substitute for potions.”
 
END CHAPTER