Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Another Turn With Fate ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Another Turn
By Jaya


Iolaus ran from his wicked grandmother Athena. Despite what she thought, HE was NOT going to bed! He ran outside the temple his family lived in and toward the end of Olympus. Careful not fall through any clouds if they suddenly seperated. He ran as fast as he could away from that old bat!
He finally reached the closest edge of Olympus and stared down at the land where the mortals went about their every day business. Iolaus longed for the simple life the mortals had. They didn't have to do half of the things he had to put up with! He had recently helped his uncle (DEATH) find a lost soul, it was the worst thing imaginable! If he had had a choice, he would've picked a small family out in the country.
His cousin Otrera walked up behind him wearing her usual type of outfit, a battle uniform.
"What's the matter? Don't wanna go to bed again?"
"Go away!"
"Make me!"
Iolaus glared at his cousin. THIS WAS SO STUPID! HE HATED BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO! HE HATED IT! He wished he could get away from this awful place, but that wasn't possible.
Why couldn't he have born a mortal? Why did Fate make HIM be a god! Iolaus slapped his hand to his forehead as he thought this. No, why did HE have to be the son of Fate?
"There you are!" Athena growled at her grandson. She went to grab, but he dodged and ran back to find his father Cupid.
"Dad'll let me stay up!" he thought as he ran away.
********************************************************
Otre ra looked down on the mortals, she stared at one in paticular. His name was Duo. He was hansome! Very cute indeed! Otrera would have to talk to him sometime...
*******************************************************
Nike took a short break from her chores and went outside and looked up at the sky. She sighed. She smiled as she thought about what she had read earlier about myths. She wished it was all real.
Two girls who Nike knew from school walked by her. Nike could hear them making fun of her as she went back inside her house, back to cleaning her cat's litter box, and washing the dishes.
She stared down at the sink full of dirty dishes for her to wash.
She thought about every she'd read as she washed them. It would be cool if it were all real. She brushed these thoughts aside.
"They arn't real!" she told herself outloud. She went about doing her chores, and waited for her mother to come home. Her mother worked the night shift at some cable company down town.
"Oh, well..." she thought. She went upstairs and changed into her pajamas. She crawled into bed and turned off the light.
************************************************************
Athena - Athena was the virgin goddess of wisdom
Iolaus - A friend of Heracules
Otrera - A queen of the Amazons
Nike - The greek goddess of victory, a friend of Athena

*************************
Authoress's Note: Ok, this is a sequal to my fanfic Unexpected Twists. This prologue is set when Nike and Iolaus are about twelve years old.
I got bored and decided to do this fanfic. Anyway, remember to review!