Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Other Side ❯ A Strange Sight Indeed ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Sanguinea:: Hey everyone, here's the new, revised, and spectacular chapter two of Kagome's Other Side. Have fun!! Sorry it took so long…but school's finally over!! Yay! At least until my summer classes start..lol.
 
Disclaimer:: Umm…let's see here…no! I don't own it.
 
 
Kagome's Other Side
 
 
Chapter 2:: A strange sight indeed
 
 
 
Kagome groaned groggily, feeling the last remnants of sleep disappear. Opening her eyes, a strange sight greeted her. She seemed to be in a good sized room, sleeping on a futon if her sore neck was any indicator. She narrowed her eyes, wondering what had happened, and hoping everyone was alright. She was mentally drained after defeating Naraku, so she couldn't sense any of her friends. She still had her pager on her amazingly enough, and it still seemed to be working, even five hundred years before it's supposed to exist. Kagome frowned in confusion at that, but shook it off, and went off to find her friends.
 
 
Suddenly, she heard voices beyond her door, and she crept up to it, listening to see if they were friendly or not. Silence and a few mutterings were all she heard at first. Then…
 
 
 
WHAM!!!!
 
 
 
“Pervert!!!”
 
 
 
A crash sounded, most likely of a monk falling unconscious on the floor. Kagome laughed; they were friendly alright…real friendly. She slid open her door and walked out, coming up behind a fuming Sango and a happily grinning, albeit unconscious, monk.
 
 
“Hey guys, what happened? How is everyone?” Sango spun around, and smiled when she saw Kagome was alright.
 
 
“Kagome!! How are you feeling? We were all wondering when you would wake up. Shippo and Inuyasha have been almost intolerable without you to discipline them. If weren't for Sesshomaru scaring Shippo into not bugging Inuyasha, we would all be going insane right now. Luckily Rin keeps Shippo occupied most of the time.” Sango would've kept going but Kagome held up her hand, effectively halting Sango's speech.
 
 
“Whoa, back up there. Did you say Sesshomaru? As in the one who keeps trying to kill Inuyasha, his brother, Sesshomaru? Why would he be here, and controlling them anyway? Where are we??!! And who is Rin?!” Kagome seemed to be on the edge of panicking, when she heard a silky voice answer her, coming from behind.
 
 
“You are in my castle, and yes, this Sesshomaru is the one and the same. Since you seem better, you will answer my questions now. Follow me.” He turned and left, fully expecting them to follow as he had ordered. Kagome stood there, fuming, her hands clenched together in her anger.
 
 
“Oh no you don't mister! I just woke up, I can't sense a thing, and I want to know where the others are. I'm not explaining anything to you…” she stopped, seeing him turn his head to look her in the eyes. The expression on his face was scary, even to her…and she had to deal with Inuyasha in the mornings! “…at least not yet.” She finished shakily, but put her fists firmly at her hips, defying him. He simply raised an eyebrow, curious of her strange speech, and of the fact that she, a small, slip of a girl, dared to defy him. It was simply amusing, as well as slightly infuriating. Sango stared at her friend, wide-eyed. Miroku started to show signs of waking up, so she shook him, trying to rouse him faster. She felt something rubbing her butt, and she narrowed her eyes, forgetting about the current situation at hand.
 
 
“Miroku, if you don't remove that hand, you're not going to have to worry about a curse anymore…because you won't have the hand anymore!!!!!” She raised her fist threateningly, shaking at Miroku, who sheepishly pulled back the offending appendage. He grinned innocently, and was about to make his ever so sincere excuse when…
 
 
“Stop this foolishness at once. Follow me, and I will lead you to the others. Then you will explain to me what you are.” Sesshomaru turned abruptly around, and resumed walking yet again. Kagome childishly stuck out her tongue at Sesshomaru's back; she was in a better mood, because her senses were coming back again.
 
 
“Unless you wish to use that tongue, I suggest you keep it in your mouth, miko.” Kagome blushed, and snapped her tongue back in. Miroku grinned, and was about to comment to Kagome on the usage of her tongue, when Sango slapped him in the back of the head.
 
 
They were led to another wing in the castle, this one being more open, and having more people about. Kagome tried peeking through one of the doors, and could see a group of men, well, youkai really, practicing katana drills. In another room, she saw men doing hand to hand combat. And in yet another room, she was able to catch a glance of men doing long range weapon drills. Kagome and the others were apparently in the soldier's training wing where all the dojos could be found. As they went further down the passage, the less youkai there were. Sesshomaru stopped at the dojo farthest from the main part of the castle, and slid open the door. Inside was Inuyasha, sweating with exertion as he trained with Tetsusiga against a handsome opponent, who seemed to be pushing Inuyasha back.
 
 
“No Inuyasha! Try to anticipate what I'm going to do next. You need to fight with your mind, and not just brutal force. Good. Remember, there is always going to be someone stronger then you, so you need to be able to outsmart them.” Inuyasha sliced upwards, blocking a strike to his head, and then swung Tetsusiga in a half moon, meeting the oncoming blade. They fought back and forth, panting. Finally, the unknown stranger saw an opening, and slid his blade to touch the cool metal to Inuyasha's throat.
 
 
“You're dead. However, you are improving. Now, I believe your brother wishes to talk to you. Good-day.” The stranger took his blade off Inuyasha's throat, and flicked the katana neatly, before sliding it into the sheath at his waist. He passed by Sesshomaru and the others, stopping briefly to bow to them.
 
 
“Milord.” Sesshomaru bowed his head slightly in return.
 
 
“Kado, well done. The soldiers in the Sora dojo appear to be slacking. Go assist them.” Kado bowed again.
 
 
“Of course milord. I will see to it right away.” Kado looked up briefly at the people behind Sesshomaru, namely Kagome, Sango, and Miroku. His eyes widened slightly as he noticed Kagome's striking gray blue orbs. He grinned slightly, and nodded towards her.
 
 
“I see our guest has awakened. Welcome to the castle of the West, milady.” Kagome blushed, as Kado took her hand, and kissed it. Inuyasha growled, moving in on Kado. Sesshomaru felt a smidgen of irritation towards his flirtatious general as well.
 
 
“That is enough Kado.” Kado glanced towards Sesshomaru and hid a grin. He bowed his head, and walked out into the hallway, but not before giving Kagome one last glance. He strode swiftly down the hall, turning into one of rooms.
 
 
“Kagome! It's about time you woke up.” Inuyasha reverted back to his normal crass self as Kado had ruined his mood with his gaze towards Kagome. He had, in all reality, been out of his mind in worriment towards his futuristic friend. When he had the chance, and when he believed no one was watching, he stayed by her side.
 
“Inuyasha, if you wish to be a part of Sesshomaru's décor, keep going the way you are. I'll sit you so hard you'll be permanently stuck to the ground.” Kagome narrowed her eyes at the sheepish dog demon, who flattened his ears against his head at the warning tone in her voice. Sesshomaru raised his eyebrow at the control the little miko had over the silly half breed.
 
“I wouldn't think you would let a woman order you around, Inuyasha. Or are you just that weak?” Sesshomaru scoffed as Inuyasha feh'ed, looking away as he turned a little pink from embarrassment. Kagome growled, as much as a human could anyway, Sesshomaru looked at her like she was nuts; she was trying to growl at a dog demon? Puh-lease. Before another shouting match could break out, Sesshomaru continued talking.
 
“Follow me. I want to hear the miko's story, and then you're all out of here.” Kagome narrowed her eyes, but stayed silent. Sango and Miroku looked at each other in surprise, but shrugged it off