Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: Moving Ahead ❯ Apartment Hunting ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon. No suing, please.

Story Number: Three of about seven or so.
Rating: I think this one could get away with PG.

NOTES!!! First off, did you read any of the other stories? If not… well, oh well. I'll note what you need to know, `k?
-For now, the Timetravelers aren't important.
-Mk's just a girl hanging around, for now. Who she is isn't important until pt. 5. She's a Timetraveler.
-Yes, Mk is from the future. And yes, she came here on purpose. And yes, she can travel throug time, you... people. *restrains herself from calling audience lazy fools* *because most aren't*
-Don't worry about the Celedon Mansion thing. Not too important. Just remember that it's scarring. Ask someone who's read it... if you can find them! *sob*
-And this Giovanni guy... just read the note. That should explain all. Yes, he's been gone for quite awhile....
-Why is Ash moving to Cerulean City? Well, his mother isn't here anymore (At Celedon Mansion mensoned above against her will), and Giovanni suggested that they move. Ash took it (only because Misty lives there. ^_~)
... Ok, so maybe he had other reasons too. Sue me. NO, NOT LITERALLY!!
-If you have any questions... ask. I'll answer (and besides, you could e-mail me, and I want e-mail!)
-And YES, in this story, Giovanni (the team rocket one) IS Ash's father! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Second: This story doesn't have that much of a holding factor. It's more of an in-between, just to let you know what's going on kind of thing. So just bear with me, ok? It could be worse!

Third: Remember, the Giovanni in here is the Pokémon Master one. Ash's father Giovanni is not here, so I can get away with it! XP

---
The Timetravelers: Moving Ahead
Part One: Apartment Hunting

May 20th, 1999
Pallet Town, 5:30 a.m.

"Hey Ash! Get up!" Giovanni said while knocking on his door. "We're going apartment hunting today!"

Ash yawned and rubbed his eyes. Pikachu was scratching his door, wanting to get in and see Ash. He forgot to let him in; Ash was too busy thinking about Misty and the events of last night, and then he got a talk from Giovanni… Yawning, Ash opened the door to let Pikachu in.

"Sorry 'bout that." Then Ash went to his closet. The only clothes that fit him were his trainer clothes. He didn't want any clothes from the mansion, so he didn't pack any. He put his black shirt and his jeans on, and then he went downstairs for some breakfast.

Mk was there, making French toast, eggs, and bacon. She wasn't wearing all black today. Instead she wore blue jeans and a Marill shirt. Mk greeted Ash.

"Giovanni, I need other clothes," Ash announced.

"Hey, another reason to get up!" he said, smiling. Then he went to a paper that he had bought from Cerulean City, looking for apartments.

"So did you like the date last night?" Mk asked.

"You bet! I'm never gonna forget it!" Mk smiled, remembering things.

"I remembered my first kiss. I was in Hawaii, and I was working with this guy named Taylor. When we were done with a mission, he called me a great woman then he kissed me. Then later he explained that he was dared to do it. But still, we're friends and it's all good, and the kiss was still pretty good."

"Cool," Ash said. He hoped Misty didn't think he was dared to kiss her or anything like that. Then Mk handed him a plate with all the food arranged in a weird smiley face. He took a bite of everything, and he had to admit, it was pretty good.

Then they were eating breakfast and talking about everything but what had happened when Ash was at the Celedon mansion. Nobody still wanted to talk about it because it was pretty scarring. But then it was time for them to go, but first, Ash had to get something. He went to his room and then to his backpack. All the contents were dumped on the floor. First he found Pikachu's pokéball. He wanted to take Pikachu with him, but wasn't sure if he could keep Pikachu out or not. Then there was a box, just big enough for a necklace, wrapped in shiny blue wrapping paper. Smiling, he put it in his pocket. You see, it was Misty's (made-up!) birthday today, and he had won this in a contest long ago. It was the perfect present for her (that he had right now). Then Pikachu leaped on Ash's shoulder and he went out to Mk's car. It was a shiny blue convertible. There was a whole lot of Pikachu stuff on it, from to the Pikachu air freshener to the Pikachu steering wheel cover, to the Pikachu seat covers. And the license plate on it (which can have up to 8 letters on it) said Pikarock.

"Pikachu rocks wouldn't fit," she said. "But this next was the best next thing."

"Pika!" Pikachu said. He liked Mk's car.

Giovanni was looking all around the car, whistling. "This car's from the future, huh? It's very nice. I assume you have a Pikachu fetish?"

"You bet! Pikachus rock!" Mk yelled. Then they all got near the car and Mk teleported the car to the Cerulean City Pokémon Center.

"Now what?" Mk asked.

"Well, let's go to Rachael's house. She might know where some apartments are, being so connected in this town," Giovanni said.

"Who's Rachael?" Ash asked. Giovanni didn't answer, being too busy getting in Mk's [awesome] car. Then he gave Mk instructions on how to get there. They drove in front of her house. It was painted white, and it looked like it had about five bedrooms. The house was really close to the gym in town. Ash wanted to go to the gym, but Giovanni stopped him.

"The last time I checked, Rachael was running the gym," Giovanni had said. "There's nothing in there that'd keep your interest."

"No way. You're forgetting, you've been gone fourteen years. A lot has happened since the last time you were here. Her daughters own it now. That's right Ash, Rachael is Misty's mom, so make sure you be good while we're in here, or she might not let you date her daughter anymore," Mk said. Ash nodded.

Giovanni knocked on the door. Rachael, a woman with dark blue hair in a ponytail, answered it. "Oh, hello Giovanni! Long time no see! Come in," she said. They went into the living room. Currently it was empty (people-wise) and messy. "My daughters had a sleepover, and we were playing board games all last night, so our little house is a mess now. Sorry."

"That's ok," Giovanni said.

"Is Misty up?" Ash asked.

"No, she isn't. Who are you, one of Misty's friends?"

"I'm Ash!" he said. Rachael squinted her eyes, and then nodded.

"I see. Well, you've grown since the last time your mother sent me a picture. We're great friends, you see. So, how've you been lately?" she asked Ash.

"Uh… ok."

"Ash has been though a lot recently. Please don't bring anything up, especially since the whole ordeal is very traumatizing to everyone involved. By the way, I'm Mk." Mk held out her hand, and Rachael shook it.

"So, do you know of any good apartments open? We've decided to move down here, since… well, Ash has been though a lot and he's very attracted to your daughter."

Ash blushed. Why did he have to put it that way? It made the relationship look childish or something. Rachael smiled.

"Is he the reason that my daughter wasn't feeling well? She didn't eat well, cried all the time, and she kept to herself, like something had happened. I think she's getting the first good night of sleep that she's gotten since she came home." Ash had to admit, it was great to know that Misty had worried about him that much. Then she turned back to Giovanni. "As for the apartments, there's good ones about a block away that way," she said, pointing to her left. "You can't miss it. They're really cozy too; my friend just moved into one. If you excuse me, I have to make breakfast." Then she went to the kitchen to make breakfast.

They went to the apartments that Rachael talked about. They were called the Valley Avenue Apartments, and it consisted of two three-story buildings. There was also a swimming pool nearby, but who needed it with the Cerulean City Gym so nearby, and when you had connections to the leaders? There was also a park nearby too. Giovanni went to the front desk and talked to the manager, and Ash had to put Pikachu in its pokéball. He wasn't too happy about that.

The manager said that there was one two-bedroom apartment left. The apartment was cozy, with a living room area, a little dining area, a kitchen, two bedrooms, a little storage area, and a bathroom. And the best part was that they were affordable.

"How soon can we move in?" Giovanni asked.

"As soon as you can sign these forms," the manager said. "And Pokémon are allowed to be out, just make sure to clean up any messes they make." Then Giovanni signed all the forms. Mk then did her job: teleport everything that they'd need to the apartment. It took a couple of hours, but by ten, everything was set up, without all the boxes!

"Ahh, the beauty of psychic powers," Mk said. Then she put her suitcase and duffel bag next to the couch.

"Where are you sleeping?" Giovanni asked. Mk pulled out the couch; it was a pullout couch.

"I knew it pulled out, and I get up early, so it shouldn't be a problem." Mk then got sheets and made the bed before she pulled it back up. "Now let's get going!"

-To be continued…-
---

The other disclaimer: Don't own Pokémon. I don't think Ash would EVER put Pikachu in its pokéball… ever! And that one episode doesn't count, only because he was trying to keep Pikachu alive!

So, how is the story? I like it so far.

And there's a part I put in a sentence, but cut it. Read!
There was also a swimming pool nearby, but who needed it with the Cerulean City Gym so nearby, and when you had connections to the (very beautiful ^_~) leaders?
Let's face it, there's quite a bit of guys in the show that think the Cerulean City gym leaders are attractive (or at least the older three). And I know in the manga that Ash thought they were too (well, except Misty. But you never know… ^_~)