Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Reality Shift: The Arcadian Chronicles ❯ part 4 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Reality Shift

Chapter 4

Greetings and salutations to all. It's me again. No use whining, I'm here to stay, AND THERE IS NO STOPPING ME!!! You here that Bush? The world will be mine! Enough of this total insanity. As usual, I don't own anything at all in this story besides the storyline, and even that might not be mine. But who cares really? I've got the voices in my head to keep me company for a while. Sorry if this intro sounds too crazy (even for me) but I have been deprived of the internet right now, and it's getting to me. Oh well, that's enough about my problems, let's get into the story.

It's been about an hour, and the outsiders have finished making their lists. They hand them back to Dr. Light. He starts scrolling through them, and when he gets to Mike Lewis's list, his eyes go wide. "Um… I'm not sure how a cheese whiz gun would be effective in a battle. And why do you want the armor to come out of a cod piece?" Mike Lewis turns a little red. "Uh… you mean this stuff about armor and weapons was for real?" Dr. Light nods. "Oh… Be right back." Mike Lewis grabs the pad and runs out of the room. Dr. Light and Anthony exchange looks. "There's something very wrong with that guy," says Anthony. Mike just nods. "We came to that conclusion a long time ago." Jason nods his agreement. Mike comes back into the room. "Alright. Here's my real list." Dr. Light looks over the three lists. "I think I can work with this." He then moves off to the far corner of the lab to work on the armor. As he works, the others talk. They talk for quite awhile. After about twenty minutes, Link returns from Hylas. He joins the chat.

"Do you have any idea why those Stalfos were attacking the ranch?" asks Mike Lewis. "Not really," says Anthony. Link chimes in. "Stalfos aren't really known to act on their own. There must be someone behind them." Anthony looks thoughtful. "The only question is who." They continue to talk about this for about an hour. They still haven't come to any concrete conclusions. "So who do we have as prime suspects?" asks Anthony. "Well, Ganon is top on the list. He always seems to come back no matter how many times he's killed," says Mike Lewis. "Plus he is the most obvious one to be in control the Stalfos," adds Link. "Then there is Packbell," says Mike. "He just doesn't seem to die. But he wouldn't really use organic things, even if they were only skeletons." "It could have been some other kind of magical evil. Maybe a wizard. They do pop up once and awhile," says Anthony. They all nod.

Just as Link was to make another suggestion, Dr. Light emerges from his lab. "I'm finished," he says. Everybody stands up. "Can we see them?" asks Mike Lewis. "I don't see why not. I was going to have to explain how to use them sooner or later," responds the doctor. They all walk towards the small room that the doctor had exited.

In the room there is a table. On the table are three belts with a small square box attached to each of them by straps. Beside each one, is an item. Dr. Light moves over by the table. "Now I did my best to build these to your specifications, but there were some complications. First up is Jason's." Jason steps forward. "Now these armors are loosely based on how I built Anthony's but there are some improvements. First off, these are smaller. We can fit more equipment into a smaller space. These boxes on the back are only an inch thick, but they hold the replicator technology that allows the armor to be inactive and hidden. Even the other pieces that you had me make hold some of this technology. Jason here has some Black combat boots." He hands the boots and the belt to Jason. "Do I really need this belt?" asks Jason. Dr. Light nods. "Yes. Without it, the armor wouldn't be complete. But it is rather passive. You can put the box under your shirt and it wouldn't make a difference. And it's so small, that no one would notice it even if they were looking." He then turns back to the group. Both Mikes and even Anthony and Link are looking on with great interest. "As with Anthony's armor, it is voice controlled. All you need to do to put it on is to say ARMOR ON. It's just that simple." Jason nods and sits back down. "Next there is Mike Lewis's armor," says Dr. Light. He picks up a silver beatnik hat with circuitry showing on it. There are two small square pouches on the hat, one in the front and one on top. He hands it to Mike Lewis. "And then there is Mike." He hands Mike a pair of read gloves. They too have circuitry showing, and even have a metallic look to them. There is a small square box one each glove. They were about two inches wide. They all look over the items given to them. "Well…" says Dr. Light. "Put them on." The outsiders do as they are told. When they each have their respective items on, they turn back towards Dr, Light. "Now activate your armor." Once more, they do as they are told. "ARMOR ON!" they all yell in unison. There is a small flash and you can hear a hushed grinding noise. When the light dies down, there are three armored figures in the place of Mike, Mike Lewis, and Jason. The one where Mike stood is wearing a crimson red armor with a black trim. The one where Jason stood has black armor with a red trim. The one where Mike Lewis stood has silver armor with gold trim. They all look down at the armor in awe. Each suit of armor has the same basic design. The armor was rather plain, but had thick plating on the fore arms, chest, shoulders, thighs, and shins. On the back, there were small retro rockets. The helmet had is rather plain, but has small speakers in the ears and over the mouth area. Each of their wrists has a small out cropping. Mike has two tubs on his left wrist. It almost looks like the barrel of a shotgun. Mike Lewis had a single tube, but it's about an inch and a half wide. The barrel has a slant cut to it. Jason has what looks like three small one-quarter inch speakers. They are also at a slant.

"Wow," they all say at once. Dr. Light and Anthony exchange a knowing look. "Now let me explain these new attributes of the armor." He points at Mike's wrist. "This is a duel barrel plasma cannon. I built it with Megaman's blaster in mind. It packs a large punch." He then walks over to Jason. "This is a sonic cannon. It can fire compressed sound waves that can destroy a whole city block, at least when it is a full power. At its lowest setting, it can move an empty can of pop about five inches." Jason whistles at this. "I thought you would like that," says the doctor. He then walks over to Mike Lewis. "Now you have a special weapon. It's a specially built ice gun. It can either shoot ice sickles or freeze you opponent." Mike smiles at this. "But I'm afraid that there is one problem. I could not get the ice cannon to function properly. Right now, it is only fatal. It was designed to be non-lethal." Mike Lewis frowns at this. Then, there is a glint in his eye, like he has an idea. "Wait," he says. "What if we combined magic with the science of the cannon? Would that work?" Dr. Light looks thoughtful. "It has promise, but where would we find ice magic?" Mike, Mike Lewis, Jason, Anthony, and Link all speak at the same time. "The Ice Arrows at the Gerudo fortress." They all look at each other. They then start to laugh. The laughter soon dies down. "It should be easy enough to get the ice arrows," says Mike Lewis. "Are you crazy?" asks Link. "They are kept in the training ground. I haven't even been able to get all they way through it on my own, and that's what you need to do to win them." Mike Lewis just laughs. "It's not too difficult if you know where you are going. I've got the strategy guide to Ocarina of Time memorized. I can get to it no problem." Link just stares at him. "Well if you are going to try top go through the training ground, you will need a weapon. Something other than pieces of ice." Dr. Light nods. "I agree. That is why I made these." He pushes a button, and a panel on the wall disappears. On the wall is a sword and morning star (a morning star is a spiked ball on a chain connected to a handle). This particular handle was a t-bar. Mike quickly runs up and grabs the sword. It is about three feet long. The hilt is a semi circle about an inch and a half wide. "Mine," he says. Dr. Light says, "Yes it is y-" "I SAID MINE!" Mike screams. He starts to rub the sword against his cheek. "Um… is he alright?" asks Anthony. "Don't worry," says Jason. "He just really wanted a sword one day. I just hope he doesn't cut something off that he shouldn't." They all nod their agreement. "That sword has a special feature," says Dr. Light. "Press that button on the side of the hilt, and the blade will be covered in a light laser barrier. It will allow you to cut through almost any thing." Mike pushes the button and a red light covers the blade. "Cool," he says. Jason picks up the morning star. "That is yours Jason." Jason just smiles. Dr. Light walks up to them. "There are electro magnets on the back of the armor that will hold your weapons in place when you don't need them. The magnets are powerful enough to keep them in place no matter what happens, but also allow you to pull it away at any time." Mike deactivates the laser and puts the sword to his back. A click can be heard, and the sword is now securely attached to his back. Jason tries it himself. His morning star also clicks onto the magnets. "I got a question," says Mike. "What happens to the weapons when the armor is turned off?" "It's quite simple really. They revert to a small covert mode so they won't be noticed. The sword blade can retract back into the handle, and leave no evidence that it was ever there. Same with the morning star. It's all thanks to the replicator technology." They both attach the weapons to their backs and give it a try. "ARMOR OFF." The armor retracts and the weapons pull into their handles. The handles then rest on the belts. "Wow. That was cool," says Mike Lewis. "But were is my weapon?" Dr. Light walks up to him. "You have a rather special weapon. I want you to shout out weapon activate." Mike Lewis looks a little puzzled but decides to try it anyway. "WEAPON ACTIVATE." After he says this, eight four-inch long spikes come out of his gloves, one on each knuckle. "There is one added bonus. They can be electrified to double the effective attack," says Dr. Light. Mike Lewis does a few punches to test them out. "Very cool," he says. "Now you had better get to Hyrule and get those arrows as soon as possible. With there being a possible threat around, we may need all the help we can get." They all nod in agreement, and head to the portal. They once more step through the gate into Hyruel. Anthony activates his hover jet and Link mounts Eponia. Mike has a thoughtful look on his face. "Well… he did put all the other stuff in here, why not that?" He gets a weird look from Mike Lewis and Jason. Mike activates his armor. "Vehicle ACTIVATE." Under the armor, there is a flash. A small hover bike is now sitting beneath Mike. "I knew it. Coolness." Mike Lewis and Jason try as well. Jason also gets a hover bike, but Mike Lewis gets a hover board. They start towards the Gerudo Fortress.

A/N: Not bad I think. As of right now, I have only one entry for the intro contest. Shame on you all. Nah, no shame. It's only been a day, so I shouldn't expect hundreds of entries. Still, I will put the sole entry into the next chapter. By the way, thank you Gamemaster. I hope that this is living up to your expectations. And Renian, READ THIS NOW!!! That's it for right now. It will take awhile for me to get the 5th chapter up. I need to do a little research on the Gerudo fortress. It's been awhile since I last made a run at it. Till next time!