Fan Fiction / Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ Kazuya Vs Raziel ❯ Invictus Filius ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6

Invictus Filius

The Sanctuary of the Clans

Several days had past since the meeting of the lieutenants when Kazuya had shown his true power. At the end of the meeting Zephon had still been angry and humiliated; he left the sanctuary and went to stay with his children in a nearby town.

"Lord Kain, Father I'm beginning to worry about him" Rahab looked pleadingly into his father's. He hated Zephon all the brethren, with the exception of Melchiah, did so for they all new he could never be trusted. "I've heard nothing of him since he left here after being humiliated by that demon."

Kain looked at his son "Rahab of all my children u seem to be the only one with true compassion for others. You have always worried about the rest of your brothers even when it was most unnecessary." Kain paused and stared directly through Rahab's eyes and into his soul. "Even now my son I can see you still hold worry for those whom have forsaken me."

Rahab tried to look away and considered trying to deny the accusation but he knew better. "you're right father I still worry for them, but I feel there is something seriously wrong with Zephon and the Zephonim in general, there troops have become restless of late and it seems there have even been accounts of some of there desertion." These last words hit Kain hard. For the briefest of seconds Rahab could have sworn he saw a flicker of shock on his father's emotionless face.

Kain rose to his feet looking at Rahab's "very well my son I shall find Zephon and speak with him." Rahab merely bowed turned and left his father on his own in the throne room, or so he thought at least.

"Can he be trusted kain" said a feminine voice from behind one of the pillars. "His heart seems to be divided and his mind confused" Kain looked to where the voice came from but failed to see anything. "I trust him far more than I trust you my dear." Kain stated flatly. "He may be confused but he is loyal to a fault and besides," Kain stopped a moment for emphasis "besides I already know who the traitor in my midst is" with this Kain left the throne room

"We shall see kain, we shall see" the voice said before silence descended onto the throne room once more.

Near the Citadel of the Ancients

Raziel Flew with six of his eldest children behind him. They were his elite warriors and had been his closest confidants for slightly less than a millennium. They were known as the Invictus Filius or Unconquerable Sons. They had won more battles between them than any other clan could hope to achieve and now like there sire they too had been gifted with flight. It was also Ruman his second born who had killed Raziel's Brother Melchiah.

"Sire over there to the west" Ra, Raziel's eldest son said "there it is my Lord." In the direction he pointed jutting through the clouds was a huge spire highlighted by the moonlight. Raziel and his children changed course and headed straight for the ancient citadel. Just below the level of the clouds in the spire they found a huge balcony running half way round the spire. There was an archway from the balcony into the citadel itself.

Raziel and his children landed on the balcony and a smile spread across Raziel's face. "Hemah, Duros, Talon I want you three to stay here and keep guard. Ra, Ruman and Raine you shall come with me to explore the citadel." With this Raziel and his three eldest children entered the citadel while the others flew into the air and started circling in the air around it.

The Sanctuary Inn, this was where Zephon had taken up residence for the time being. The Inn's human owner had apparently been honoured to have a vampire lord stay at his establishment and had been very accommodating, very accommodating that was until he had become very dead at the hands of one of Zephon's drunken children.

Zephon had returned here after that meeting of the clan lords and had not emerged from his chamber since. Most of his children thought nothing of this it was not after all unusual for there sire to disappear from sight for days. It was however unusual when he did not even come out for or have a slave deliver blood.

A tall muscular hooded figure stalked down the hall of the inn. It was midday and the figure knew that the Zephonim that were in the Inn would be asleep, or at least resting. Stopping only once he had reached Zephon's bed chamber. He withdrew a large dagger from its sheath at his side, silently he slid the door open and went into the chamber.

Closing the door silently behind him he looked over to the bed. There was a Vampire in it, the hooded figure could sense and smell Zephon in the room. Moving quietly across the room the hooded figure raised the dagger above his head and using all his strength stabbed downward onto the poor creature under the sheets. The creature vaporized into nothing, but the hooded figure could still sense Zephon in the room "why" he thought to himself.

"I never thought it would be you" Zephon stood behind the figure " I never thought it would be you who would come to kill me." Zephon stared at his would be assassin a small smile spreading across his face. It was the second time in his unlife he knew his existence was going to end, but this time unlike the last, there was no fear just slight surprise at who it would be to end it.

"do it" Zephon stood his arms flung to his side exposing his chest " end my suffering dear brother". With these last words the assassin looked one last time into his brother's eyes and drove the knife through his heart. The Vampire Lords body was dust before it could hit the ground and his assassin gone before he could hit the ground. The only evidence of Zephon was the sash with his clan symbol on it and his leather trousers. The only evidence of the assassin was a knife bearing the clan crest of Dumah.