Fan Fiction / Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Hunted, the Chosen One's Story ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own any of the Witch Hunter Robin characters in this fanfic, but I do (at least I will) own the character Nikki ViCardo. NO COPYING OF MY CHARACTER!!!

Three hundred twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark.

Ritual of the Light

Changing Lives

The fate of the world

Even the Chosen One is not allowed to evaluate souls.

I ran through the ally ways of Tokyo, rain pouring down my face. `Why are these people chasing me?! I haven't done anything wrong!' I thought. My Pendant Millennium bounced on my chest with each step I took.

I heard a gun shot; my shield instantly blocked it, giving me a chance to keep running. "Who are you?! What do you want with me?!" I cried out as I ran.

A young girl, maybe fifteen years of age, with pigtails wrapped in purple cloth and wearing a long black dress that covered her feet, along with an equally black dressed man were in hot pursuit of me. "Amone, we need to stop her. `Any ideas?" The girl asked the tall, dark man.

"Use your fire craft. Put flames in her path to get her to stop." She nodded as her eyes glowed a fiery red, causing her craft to become active.

Flames suddenly appeared in front of me. I drew in a great breath and blew on them to part them in the middle. My Pendant glowed a brilliant blue as my magic became active in my veins as well. "This is ridiculous! I've done nothing wrong!" I shouted back to them.

"This girl can't be from this area; she isn't Japanese." Amone said to the girl. "But she is a witch nonetheless. Robin, go down that way to cut her off. I'll keep my chase of her."

Robin didn't hesitate as she turned and ran down the other ally. Amone aimed his gun at me again and took another shot. My shield made the bullet burst into flames. I slowed my running, then stopped.

"Witch, you can't hide from us. Nor will you escape." Amone stated flatly.

"But I'm not your typical witch from around here! This Pendant gave me my magic!" I stated. "I'm the…"

"No more of your antics. This game is over!" Robin attempted to light my hands on fire. I simply put it out by moving my right index finger.

"Listen, I don't want to hurt you! If you kill me, the world will be in jeopardy!" I held back my anger.

"Our job as Witch Hunters is to capture witches, not kill them." Amone said.

I held out the Pendant Millennium. "Do you see this? This is what made me a witch; I never awakened or anything like that. Don't you understand?" I looked Robin in the eyes, praying this `awakened' witch would know.

"The Pendant Millennium; isn't that necklace supposed to be a legend?" She inquired.

"No, it's real. And the one wearing the Pendant Millennium is said to be…"

"…the Chosen One." Robin finished my sentence. "You must be the Chosen One."

"Finally, you understand what I'm trying to say." I wiped my forehead with the backside of my right hand.

Amone shifted his gaze from me to Robin. "Tell me, who is this `Chosen One'?"

"There is a legend that talks about a Pendant that will bestow one witch with the power to control time. The legend here in Japan is very similar to the one in America, but is thought to originate there anyway. It says that the Chosen One will save not only the world, but the entire galaxy from total annihilation. Only one letter was left on the scroll bearing the name of the Chosen One, and it was the letter `N'." She looked at me. "What is your name?"

"My name is Nikki ViCardo, but my ASA name is En." I silently begged them to believe me so I could get away.

Unfortunately, Amone didn't seem to buy it. He shot at me again. My shield protected me, but now I was pissed off.

"By the Pendant around my neck, I bid all time on earth to stop!" A wave of blue light enveloped my body as time came to a halt. Once the spell had been activated, I began to run again.

The Orboe on Amone bubbled, keeping him from being affected by my magic. Robin used her fire craft to keep herself from being frozen in time.

`Why didn't my spell work on them? What keeps them from being frozen in my spell?' My mind raced with questions as I ran.

"Amone, stop this; she's the Chosen One! If we send her to the Factory, the earth will be destroyed!" Robin chased after Amone.

"She's still a witch and all witches must be hunted." Amone didn't look back.

"But this one is different; she's good!"

"There is no difference; a witch is a witch." He rushed ahead as Robin slowed down.

I came to a dead end, trapped by walls on three sides and Amone closing in on me. "By the power from my Pendant, I order you to stop!" I blasted another round at him, but he kept charging. `Why isn't my magic working on him?' Then I saw the Orboe glowing on his chest.

I gently floated into the air, preparing to do a spell on him to get that Orboe off his chest. "Pendant Millennium around my neck, power running in my veins, break the pendant that he wears on his chest!" My magic was dispersed; blue light aimed at his chest.

With a loud shatter, the Orboe broke, sending little glass shards and green liquid spilling onto the ground. `She broke through the Orboe?' Amone gasped mentally.

I summoned more magic to my hands. "By the Pendant Millennium, I bid you to freeze!" It shot out at the same time that Amone fired another round at me. I stopped the bullet with my magic shield while he was caught in the blast.

When it subsided, I say that he was still moving. Robin had put a fire shield around him.

"Amone, listen to me! She's the Chosen One; we can't destroy her even if she is a witch!" Robin tried to suppress Amone from using his gun while, at the same time, she talked to him.

"Robin, don't go soft. She deserves this…"

"So, I deserve to go to the Factory because of my fate? Just because I came to Japan for one day you're going to send me to an eternal hell?"

"You are a witch; every witch must be hunted and caught." He didn't lower his gun, but he hadn't shot me yet.

"Listen, you shoot me, the ASA will lock you guys away with all of the aliens…" I covered my mouth. `Oh shit; I just told them everything about the ASA!" Then, I remembered my OMS, the Optical Memory Suppressor.

I grabbed the skinny pen-sized device from my pocket and put on my dark sunglasses. Amone shot at my hand, causing me to drop the OMS. "I've never known a witch to use any other weapon besides their craft. What is that thing?" Amone interrogated.

"I'm not allowed to tell you; top secret information from the ASA is for the agents only." I said, desperate that this would keep them interested.

"'ASA'? I've never heard of this agency before, have you Robin?" Amone asked.

"No, it doesn't even sound real to me." She answered. "What makes this agency so special?"

"I said it earlier; we deal with extraterrestrials. We're a non-government funded agency, unknown to this planet for the protection of your sanity. We capture aliens that commit crimes and sign peace agreements right under your noses." I crossed my arms, "I'm a Level Two agent; you capture me and the ASA will be on your tails from the very second they discover I'm missing."

"You never answered my question; what is that?" He pointed at the OMS still lying on the ground.

"As I said classified informa…"

"I'm asking you what that weapon is, not about classified information of the ASA. Now, give me the name."

"Why are you so persistent on knowing its name? It's not even a weapon." I took off my sunglasses.

Amone lowered his weapon, slowly stepping forward in the direction of the OMS. "Tell me its name, or I'll attempt to…"

"…attempt to grab it, then figure out how to use it; so I've read." I carefully read his thoughts again. "Then once you know how to use it, you'll try to use it on me." I put heavy emphasis on the word try to cross a point to the guy. "Sorry buddy, but it isn't gonna work." I used my magic to pick it up off of the ground, making it float gracefully like I was. Once it was in my hands, Amone raised his gun at me again.

"Amone, don't shoot her. Just let her go; don't jeopardize the fate of the world by capturing her." Robin pleaded.

I saw my chance, and in a flash I had my shades on and stood on the ground. I opened the OMS and said, "Hey you two…" They looked at me as the bright blue light of my magic started time again and the OMS's brilliant white light flashed in their faces to wipe out their memories of the ASA and me.

When the light had diminished, I took off my shades. "Robin, Amone; I honestly believe that we never should've run into each other like this." The rain had soaked us all completely by now, and chills were starting to set in. "Maybe some other time?" I turned to leave, believing they'd just walk away like nothing had happened.

The bullet entered my lower back as sharply as a knife. I stopped walking and slowly turned around. "Why'd you shoot me?" I asked.

"Amone, she…didn't do anything wrong." Robin gasped.

I couldn't blow it; I had to act like I was human, act injured. I dropped to my knees, pretending to be hurt. "Why; what did I do wrong?"

"Robin, this girl is a witch."

"How do you know?"

"I can tell; she appeared out of nowhere and we mysteriously ended up here. She's done something to us."

`Well, acting won't work this time. I guess drastic measures will have to be done.' I stood up, and then snapped my fingers. My Pendant Millennium glowed its brilliant blue again and floated in mid air around my neck. In an instant, I disappeared from their sight.

"Huh? Where'd she go?" Amone asked

"Let it slide Amone. She is, after all, the Chosen One."

"How do you know that?"

"She had the Pendant Millennium around her neck. She's the one who will save the world, so we shouldn't hunt her." Robin smiled. `It was an honor meeting you, even if it was for a second, O honorable Chosen One.'

Amone hated to admit when Robin was right, but nonetheless, he nodded and began walking out of the ally way.

In my hotel room, I laid on my stomach; allowing Elle to extract the bullet that was lodged in my back. "How did this happen? I thought you only went out to find a good Japanese restaurant for tonight's banquet."

"I did, but I ran into two Witch Hunters." At my mentioning of `Witch Hunters', Elle gasped. "These aren't like the ones in America that hurt only to gain powers. These are hunters that do it for the safety of others; although, I don't really see myself as a threat."

"So that explains the bullet; but how did you escape?"

"I came back here through teleportation." I cringed as Elle extracted the little bullet.

"I've never seen ammunition such as this. What kind of gun could use something like this?"

"Maybe these Witch Hunters are something we need to look up." I suggested.

"Why, are they dangerous?"

"No," I sat up and put my shirt back on. "I'm just curious to see whether or not these guys are as strong as they seem." I smirked. "I've always wanted to challenge a real Witch Hunter."

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Well, what do you think? Good or what? I need reviews, even if it is a one shot. Don't forget to check out my other fanfic, `The Hanyou's Little Sister'. It's in the InuYasha fanfic area. See ya there! ;)