Fan Fiction / Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Father, The Outlaw ❯ AN/ Legends & Background ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello everybody! This is an author's note where I'm going to explain some things that confuse certain people that I have shown this story to.

Number one, Kikyo is an enchantress who has become obsessed over Inuyasha. I don't hate Kikyo but I don't love her, so I'm not saying that this is how Kikyo really is. So please don't get beat up over it, I just needed someone to play the part.

Number two, is the matter concerning how Shippo, Inuyasha, Kouga and other such animals are able to put on disguises. All creatures of the canine family were once able to put on disguises and talk to humans while in their original forms.

But legend (*wink wink*) has it that one of the direct ancestors of all dogs fell in love with a human. Now because the Great Spirit loved the dog so much, it gave the dog a choice. The dog could either take the form of a human permanently, instead of just having a human disguise, or it could remain a dog forever and all the dog's descendants would become human kind's companions.

The dog loved the human, but it could not try and take a place amongst humans so chose to never be able to take up a disguise again or be able to talk with humans.

Though the dog had been noble and wise, the other canines were disgusted and their backs to the dog.

These other canines were the wolf, the fox and the coyote. They all thought of themselves as cunning beasts and tried to kill humans without letting the Great Spirit know.

Of course the Great Spirit was furious but let them continue to kill the humans for six more moon cycles. At this point the wolf had become arrogant and had forsaken the Great Spirit because it thought of itself as the new lord of all. Wars broke out between the coyote, wolf and fox as each sought to rule.

Many perished during this time but the Great Spirit protected the canines from each other only because it loved them so much.

Once the six moon cycles had passed the Great Spirit passed judgment unto the three fighting. They were to have five nights each moon cycle where they would have to stay in their disguises and be weak and vulnerable like the humans they had killed.

Regarding the canines being able to transform in the first place, the Great Spirit had just created the wolf. And from it came the human, the dog, the fox and the coyote. The Great Spirit wished for its children to live together in harmony so gave the disguises to the canines.

And it also gave the human a disguise so he could play with the canines. The human did not think of himself like the others, he did not wish to play in the dirt and run on all four legs. So he never used the disguise and ignored the offers to run with the others.

The Great Spirit was saddened but gave the human his wish to stand on two legs forever more.

But it has been heard that when a human is bitten by a wolf with pure intentions, the human is granted back its disguise. There is no proof but none can deny that it isn't so.

So there are two important legends regarding the story and background of the world. I think I have one more, hopefully shorter than the others in my pocket…Yep; this one is about the other animals in the world. Maybe I should have named this the legend…uhh page thing…

After the Great Spirit had created the first five beings it decided that the world needed to be filled with animals. So it began the work of five centuries to create every living being on earth and give that being a mate.

When the Great Spirit saw how closely some animals bonded with humans (who had multiplied in five centuries time), it decided that if the animal's soul stayed pure that it could put on a human disguise.

Most beasts remained as they were; in fact, the only other animals to transform that weren't canines were wild cats and their descendants.

These cats enjoyed being among humans and acting like them.

The Great Spirit was amazed at how this cat had been able to walk among the humans and neither become tainted nor fall in love.

In other words, the cat was able to do what none of the first five were able to.

In this way the cat was given much honor and was protected against most by the Great Spirit and was given the freedom of staying in the original form or the disguise.

Only one cat ever forsook her freedom. But that is a tale for another day and the next chapter will be back to normal. This was just background info that I might fit into the story later on.

I think I covered everything so bye bye!^-^