Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Annabelle's Haunting ❯ Will you kill me? An introduction ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
No, I do not own YGO, or The Ring.

~ Will you kill me? An Introduction~

Annabelle was in a dark hallway. She had no idea where she was, but a terror of immeasurable proportions crept throughout her body. She knew someone was looking for her; someone wanted her dead.

She then saw a light at the end of the hallway, behind a partially closed door. She quietly and cautiously made her way towards the strange orange light. After what felt like an eternity, she finally got to the door. Bella wasn’t sure if she should open the door. Did she really want to find out what was beyond the door, and know the truth? After a second eternity of waiting, she decided to gather up the courage and open it, that way she’d know what to expect in a future event, if the time called for it. But when she opened it, the sight paralyzed her with the most extreme fear. The light..... it came from the wall.

On the wall, a burning tree.

“No....no! No! She just CAN’T be alive!” Bella talk screamed. She then felt white, slimy, see-through hands go around her neck, and heard a little dead girl’s voice.

“I got you.” said the girl in a raspy playful voice.

Then, Bella’s world was going dark. She couldn’t breathe. She gasped with all might, and with all her will, tried to pull off the hands that were squeezing her throat, and taking her life away. Fear consumed her mind. With the last of her will, the small bit that wasn’t completely terrified, Bella did all she could with her last bit of air.

She screamed. A most blood curdling scream that would affect everyone in the vicinity, and would haunt them for the rest of their lives.

Her entire class stared at her. They all looked shocked, and confused st Bella’s actions. Mr. Tanekada, her 20 year old teacher, (I totally made that up.... -.-;) was worried at why she screamed.

“Kurinata-san, are you ok?” He asked worriedly, knowing she had fallen asleep in class, but didn’t awake her. The look on her face was the perfect picture of total terror.

“I...” Bella couldn’t speak, not only from having her life scared out of her, but from the shock ‘she’ was STILL alive. It seemed it didn’t matter she had pushed her down the well during their last encounter; Samara must of climbed out, now with a vengeance. Her knees buckled, but her legs felt like jell-O, causing her to only be able to stay in one place, and she stood there uncontrollably shaking.

“Kurinata, you should go to the office,” stated Mr. Tanekada firmly as he looked around the room for someone to walk her down there. He knew of Annabelle’s depression, which she kept hidden from others, and her being Emo. If things got her too freaked out, who knows what she would do. “Gardener-san, please take Kurinata-san to the office, will you?”


Tea simply nodded, and went to help the scared new girl.

On their way to the office, right before Tea was going to ask what happened to Bella, she noticed that Annabelle’s hands started to drip a deep crimson. She then took notice of how the sleeves of her school uniform were also that color.

“Kurinata-san! Your arms! Their–,” Tea said, in a freaked out voice.

“I know, they’re dripping in crimson blood, slowly taking my life source away. I didn’t do it.” Bella a soft voice; yet no matter how gentle and soft it was, it was creepy. Her face held no emotion, a little fear and a small bit of shock from the frightening images at most.

“Let me see your arms.” Tea demanded. She couldn’t let Kurinata bleed to death!

“Have you heard of the ring?” Bella again said in her creepy calm soft voice.

“What?” Tea said totally surprised. What on Earth was this girl talking about?!

“If you haven’t, the truth will be impossible to explain.” Again, Bella used the same tone as before, causing a fear to start to seep through Tea.

Tea then pulled up Annabelle’s sleeves. Hand prints. The blood was coming from hand print bruises. The wounds.... they seemed impossible for any normal human to make. However, Tea was so freaked by this, so she was too naive to think that. Instead, she believed Bella had done this to herself.

The bell rang. Annabelle already felt like a freak-of-nature outsider, and could care less about what other people thought of her. Ever since her first encounter with Samara, Bella never had, or even tried to make any friends. In fact, she tried to avoid friends. Samara created the now bleeding scars that looked like bruises. The hands will never leave. She wanted Bella to die, or she wanted to live again. Bella couldn’t think of anything else that Samara might want other than those 2 possibilities. But all Annabelle Kurinata knew, was that she would be haunted by a certain little girl, until death. No person would believe Samara was real, and would consider Bella insane. Plus, she couldn’t put people whom she would grow attached to in harm’s way. They would never meet with Samara and come out alive.

Tea didn’t want other people to think badly of the new girl. How awful would it be to be shunned and regarded as an Emo, only on your second day? Sure, Annabelle had a creepiness about her that chilled everyone in class on the first day to the marrow, but that didn’t mean she was a bad person.

Tea hurried Bella off in the direction of the office. Once inside, they only found it empty. It was strange how nobody was working the fax machine, calling rooms, or anything of that sort. But they did hear a TV.

Tea pulled Bella into the meeting room where the sound was coming from; a fuzz sound; the kind where your TV isn’t on any station, and it looks like a blizzard on the screen.

“Hello? Is there any faculty in here?” Tea called into the dark room that was lit by the fuzzy TV screen. She then saw someone lying on the ground. She recognized it as the principal, Ms. Surikano. “Ms. Surikano?” Tea whispered in fear. She wasn’t sure if it was the frightening atmosphere Kurinata gave off that made her scared, or if there really was something out of the ordinary; Bella’s wounds would be evidence for that.

Tea then turned the face down body over. Her face! It was her face that made both girls scream, but for different reasons. Yes, I believe you know that face very well, for all who will die, have died in 7 days, or have seen the people who have died that tragic certain death. Yes, yes, the twisted face of utter horror and gruesome death!

Tea screamed because this wasn’t normal. People don’t die like this.

Bella screamed because her suspicions where correct. Samara was back.

Fear, though for two different things, crept over the two girls, paralyzing them with fear. Tea’s face held shock and fear, but Bella’s was different. Her pupil and iris were small from terror; her pale almost white face now paler. Her hands intertwined over her mouth. Again, Bella held the perfect look of terror, seemingly making her creepiness even more beautiful, perplexing, and alluring.

Duke Devlin and Yugi Mouto just happened to be walking past the office on their way to lunch. Strangely, they couldn’t find Tea, who usually ate lunch with them. Tristan Taylor, Joey Wheeler, and Ryou Bakura were looking for Tea on the other side of the school. Maybe she told them to meet her somewhere over there, but didn’t hear her, or didn’t want to hear her after being forced to listen to one of her friendship speeches.

Truth be told, they all didn’t want to switch schools to Jaryou High, but skipping school to play Duel Monsters in championships had them really behind. There was a Dueling Dojo next to the school, and all their parents thought it would be a good idea for them to attend this certain school. They could get a good education, and then head to the dojo to play. They had only been attending the school and dojo for about a ½ year.

Yesterday, a new student came in. Very quiet, and very creepy. She had almost white skin, which completely contradicted with her pitch black hair. Also, her hazel and forest green eyes stood out. She had a slim build, much T, but not so much A. Yes, she was very pretty, but unhumanly. Her eyes held sorrow, and many other emotions. She didn’t say anything. She acted like she had never before interacted with humans, or even noticed any other human in the class. When the teacher had called on her, it took her a while to register he called HER. But once she spoke, every single student that heard her soft, calm, beautiful, creepy voice, felt chills go right through them, and into their souls.

They all avoided her from there on out. They didn’t want to fall victim to her voice again; it was like death, without you knowing it was. A calm yet evil in a sad way death. It is impossible to describe how this single girl had such a effect. Bella liked it. People would leave her alone to die. Leave her alone to drown in the truth, in the well. To drown in depression. To die a victim of the ring. Annabelle thought it was a honorable death, dying from the ring. She wasn’t sure how, and even thought Samara and the ring petrified every part of her body with the upmost fear, she thought somehow, her death would somehow be honorable.

Both Duke and Yugi heard Tea and Annabelle scream. Again, Bella’s was most blood curdling, and crystal clear; that mixed with her calm, beautiful, creepy, soft voice, created a combination, that no matter how hard you try to forget, you will never succeed. Tea’s was a scream of mortal terror.

Duke made a mad dash to the door where the sound originated from, with Yugi on his heels. They burst through the door, to see Bella first, frozen with fear, as Tea came running at them, trying to escape the face. She collided with Yugi, and tried to tell him about the principal.

“Th—the-the- f-f-f-fa-fa-,” Tea tried, and failed.

“Tea! What’s wrong?!” Yugi asked, unsure of what could make his almost-always happy friend so shaken.

Bella dropped to the floor, talking softly to herself, in a scared tone, “No.... its— this just cant be happening to me again... she CANT have returned......” Duke overheard her babbling, and walked over to her. He knelt down, that way he could look her in the eye.

“My name is Duke Devlin. I take it you’re the new girl. What’s your name?”

“Give me one reason I should tell you.” Bella answered in a cold, calm, chilling voice.

“Because, well.....” Duke didn’t know how to answer. Sure, Tea was freaked out, but Bella’s reaction was different.

“If you want to see ‘her’ work, go look at the corpse.”

“Wh-what corpse?” Duke asked, now starting to feel bad vibes coming from her words. She didn’t seem to freak out over the word corpse, she told him like it was an ordinary thing.

Yugi let go of Tea, and walked in front of Duke and Bella, only to yell in utter surprise and terror, “ HOLY------ WHAT ON EARTH!? MS. SURIKANO ! SHE’S DEAD!”

Duke gasped in surprise as he saw the body on the ground, but when he saw the face, he could feel his stomach tighten in fear, all his joints locked; he was in so much terror, he couldn’t move of speak.

“She’s back......No......I’m going to die then........yes, I’m going to die........” Bella went back into her own world, knowing the fate that would most likely befall her. This time, Tea heard her.

“Kurinata, you don’t think that because of this death, even if it is incredibly weird and freaky, you’re going to die?” Tea asked, some of the shock starting to wear off.

Bella looked at Tea with sad eyes, then cast them down. “I know so.”

Yugi and Duke turned to look at Bella. It sounded like she wasn’t bothered by the fact she was going to die, but something else bothered her. Annabelle turned to Duke and Yugi then asked, “Do you know of the ring?”

“What—?” Duke asked, now extremely confused and freaked.

“No....” Yugi said. ‘Does she mean the millennium ring?’ Yami asked his counterpart. ‘Not sure.’ Yugi answered back. If this was the work of millennium items, surely they would of heard of occurrences like this one happing by now. But they hadn’t. And how would this girl who showed no interest in human interaction know of the millennium items? For one, because she didn’t interact with other people, she obviously didn’t duel; and if she didn’t duel, she wasn’t into duel monsters, meaning there was almost no chance of her knowing of the game’s Egyptian past.

“Then the truth will be difficult for you to discover.” Her words sunk deep. Still, Yugi, Yami, and all their friends must of been through events tougher and more difficult than this ‘ring’, right? Wrong. Besides Bella, Yugi had no idea what he was going to drag his friends through, trying to help this beautiful Emo escape the ‘death’ she kept talking about.

And if he had anything to say about it, he WAS NOT going to let her die. He WAS going to find the truth behind this ‘ring’. He was going to help her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am finished. So, my dear readers, who one day may die the way Ms. Surikano did, should I incorporate some romance between Bella and one of the YGO cast? And just to add, NO shojo-ai pairings will EVER be made in one of my fics. Also, Kaiba will be showing in future chapters. If you want any enemies to help screw up Bella’s life even more as she tries to run away from fate, let me know. PS I have NO idea how to duel. If I am to incorporate a duel, E.G., Taking Bella to the Dueling Dojo, Please tell me every move and reason for the move in an email.

I am available at
spiralnoir@yahoo.com

Good Night,
Alberio’s Girl,
Lycoris