Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Fourth God ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Fourth "God"

A Yu-Gi-Oh!/X-Men: Evolution crossover fic.

Written by Rogue Moon

"Those who trespass in others' souls… will always get burned in the end!"

~Yam no Yugi, Duel Six: Into the Fire (Manga)

Chapter Five

When they got to the institute, Logan took Yami by the arm and pulled him into the building, heading straight for Professor Xavier's office. The spirit didn't fight the short man, but came along quietly, a complete lack of emotion on his face.

Ororo went ahead to open the door for them and Logan pushed Yami inside then took a seat on the brown leather couch nearest the door, just in case the boy decided to try and bolt. Ororo walked to the other side of the room and stood next to Xavier.

Charles smiled and waved a hand at the chairs in front of his desk, "Please, have a seat."

Yami crossed his arms and didn't say anything, simply looking at the bald man.

"Or not," Xavier leaned back and steepled his fingers. "Care to explain why you ran off like that?"

Silence.

"Or perhaps explain how you ran off like that?"

More silence.

Charles picked up a remote that had been laying on his desk and turned on the television located on the side of the door opposite Logan. The news started to blare, but the Profesor quickly changed the channel. There was no sound now except for the light electonic hum all appliences made. Xavier put down the remote, "I think you'll find this program interesting."

Yami cocked his head to one side and glanced at the screen. His glance turned in to a stare as he saw himself disappearing over and over again in the entrence of the mansion. He hadn't thought they would catch that. He hadn't given thought to the possiblity of being filmed. But now that he did think about it, it made sense for the school to have cameras everywhere. With so many privately funded students living here, high security was needed to assure parents that their children would be safe.

Xavier and Ororo were both mildly surprised when Yami took his gaze from the television and went back to staring at Charles as if he hadn't been caught. Logan had seen enough not to be surprised by anything the kid did.

The spirit broke his eye contact with Xaiver a second later and looked around the office for the first time. Bookshelves lined one of the walls while a private elevator stood opposite them. Behind Xavier was a small picture window with shelves below it. On the shelves were small odds and ends. The collection of Rubix cubes caught Yami's attention. Of the eight, only one was sloved. Ignoring everyone, the boy wandered over to the collection and picked one of the puzzles up.

Logan readied himself to jump on the kid if he tried to do anything to Xavier. But he didn't. He just stood there clicking away with the Rubix cube, all attention seemingly focused on the game. About thrity seconds later, Yami put the now solved puzzle down and picked up the next. Yami was giving himself some time to think and take in just what their reactions to his disapearing act meant.

Five minutes passed as everyone watched the small boy solve cube after cube until all were lined up on the shelf with yellow sides facing out. The spirit then piled six of them in pyramid formation, with the other two flanking it on either side. When he was done, he looked out the window, the fingers of his right hand touching the glass lightly, and smirked, "You don't seem… freaked out, I belive the phrase is, by what I did on the film. Why is that?"

"You expressed an interest to meet other mutants eariler this morning," Xavier stated. Then continued, holding out his hand when Yami nodded 'yes', "Hello, my name is Professor Charles Xavier, a fellow mutant. A telepath."

This took Yami by surprise. For a while, no one knew how long, Yami stood staring wide-eyed at Charles while the bald man kept his hand out in welcome.

The spirit's mind was whirling. So, they thought he was a mutant because of his abilities? And the professor was a mutant as well? That meant… his and Yugi's secret was still safe. They didn't associate his disappearing act with magic or legends of achient power…

In the end, Yami took the offered hand and pumped it once, "My name is… Yami. I can… dissapear."

Ororo held out her hand and waited until Yami took it to speak, "My name is Ororo Munroe and I can control the weather around me."

Xavier nodded his head at Logan, who waved two fingers when Yami looked at him, "That is Logan, he has enhansed senses, an ability to heal fast, and a rather impresive set of claws."

"Now that we're all introduced and in the open," Logan started, lighting a cigar, "Care to tell us what you did to those two in the alley?"

Xavier gave his friend a puzzled look and the two met eyes for a moment. Then Xavier broke the contact and raised a eyebrow at Yami, "What was that?"

The spirit's eyes went hard and for three of the occupants a feeling of great malevolence almost physical in its intencity filled the room. The feeling pased quickly, but still left the adults with shivers down their spine.

Yami shrugged and acted as if he hadn't noticed anything, "I gave them what they deserved. I have some telepathinc abilities and with what they were planning on doing, it was a fitting punishment. In fact, for them, it is a blessing. They'll be happy for the rest of their lives and never harm anyone again."

Xavier frowned, "Using one's powers like that is wrong. It is an invasion in the persons mind, something I'm sure you wouldn't like."

"The golden rule? Do unto others and all that?" Yami scoffed, "They trespassed on many a soul before they tried to trepass on mine. They had their chance. I gave them the choice of playing and outlined all the rules. If they had solved my riddle, they could have done what they wanted to me. They chose to play and to cheat. I told them cheating would get them punished and it did."

"I will not stand for you punishing others while you are here at this school," Charles replied, his voice brooking no argument. "That is one of the rules you must follow, understood?"

The spirit really didn't care, there was no one at the institute he could think of that might deserve to play a Shadow Game. He shrugged,"Agreed."

"Good. What riddle did you pose them?"

Yami repeated it and Charles thought for a moment afterward, "The answer is footsteps, correct?"

"Yes."

"How about we go meet the fourth teacher of this school? His name is Dr. Henry McCoy and he is very different from the rest of us. His mutantion gives him enhanced agility and strength, but it also gives him quite the fur coat," Charles said as Ororo rolled him over to his elevator and waited for Logan and Yami to join them, "And I think you'll find our recreational facilites interesting."

*****

Yugi spent most of lunch just watching the way most of the students at the school avoided the students from the institute and therefore him. Probably because he was sittting with them, but it was like he and Kurt and Bobby didn't exist. Rogue and Scott were off drilling each other for the Engish quiz and Jean was hovering over Scott's shoulder, making sure Rogue didn't make and moves on her crush. Scott was oblivious to the power plays to between the two girls.

Bobby and Kurt talked most of lunch, filling in Yugi about all the people who normally stayed at the institute but were currently field tripping at the schools' secondary location. In Ireland. Apparently the school was well funded.

Yugi half listened to the two boys while he watched the odd behavior of the other students, more precocupied with the strange flash of intense trepidation he had gottne from Yami halfway through Trig. He had tried to contact his dark half, but Yami had a block up. Yugi wasn't going to pry, since Yami had told him he'd be putting up the block so he wouldn't be a distraction to Yugi. Unfortunely that's exactly what he had become with the little burst. Yugi sighed and picked at the rest of his food.

If it was food. The menu said it was 'Chef's Surprise'. From the looks of it, that meant the chef was probably surprised that anyone ate it. The small square of chocolate cake that came as dessert was pretty good, though.

*****

Yami was led through long metal hallways obviously meant to contain uncontrolled abilities. The below ground facilities had a military feel that was completely broken when the doors of the 'Danger Room' opened to reveal a tweleve year old boy playing fetch with a large reddish brown dog. Correction, a small wolf. The boy was throwing a frisbee as far and high as he could when they entered. The wolf jumped and caught it while it was a good eight feet off the ground.

The boy cheered and ran up to the wolf, throwing his arms around her, "You did great, Rahnae! That's the highest you've ever gotten!"

The wolf barked and wagged her tail, very happy at her acomplishment. Then she noticed the professor and his guest. Shaking the boy off, Rahnae trotted over to the group and started sniffing Yami's feet. After taking a good wiff, she backed up and growled, hackles raised.

Yami backed up, glaring at the cousin of Anubis. The creature could probably sense his unnatural connection to the world. One that the God of Death would not approve of, though Anubis couldn't do anything about it.

Logan got ready to pop his claws, he trusted Rahnae far more than the twin.

Xavier addressed the wolf, "Please clam down, Rahnae. Yami is our guest. If you have a problem with him, tell us what it is."

To the spirit's surprise the wolf transformed into a red-haired girl of probably thirteen or fourteen. She gave Yami the worst look she could and spoke with an irish accent, "He smells wrong. He dennae smell… right. He smells… unnatural, like he… I don't know. I don't like it."

Yami's glower deepened, unnoticed by Xavier, but not Logan or Ororo who both got ready to intercede if something happened.

Charles held up a hand, "Please, Rahnae…"

"I would appreciate it if I wasn't judged by my smell," Yami interupted, his arms uncrossing as a smirk graced his lips. "I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone said they didn't like you because you had a case of body odor. I have been running around all day, and although I might not smell it and Xavier-san might not smell it, I'm sure every dog I've come across thinks I reek."

Rahnae growled again, "It's not your body odor that's wrong. It's you. There's something wrong about you. I don't know what, but there is." She walked past the group and out the door, "I'll be watching you."

Xavier sighed and rubbed his forehead, "That was Rahnae. She's technically a …werewolf that can change form whenever she wants. I apologise for her manners."

Yami shrugged, crossing his arms again. As long as she didn't attempt to hurt Yugi, he could care less what the cousin of Anubis thought.

Logan followed the girl out as Charles waved the boy over and introduced him, "This is James Madrox. He came into his power last fall. He can multiply himself."

Jamie held out his hand, "You can call me jamie. It's nice to meet you. And don't worry about Rahnae, she's like that with everyone she first meets."

Yami took the offered hand, "I'll keep that in mind."

"So what's your power?"

"I can… disapear. From pretty much everything."

Jamie gave him a confused look, so Yami went to spirit form and the boy started twirling around trying to find him. Jamie even put his hands through Yami, trying to see if he was really gone or just invisible. Yami stepped aside and wrapped a hand around one of Jamie's wrists, then became corpreal. This caused the kid to shriek in surprise and fall backwards, Yami's grip being the only thing that kept him from landing on his butt.

"Sorry about that," the violet eyed boy said, helping the boy stay on his feet. "I didn't mean to scare you like that."

Jamie grinned, "That was cool! I wish I my power was like that. I have to fall to activate it. You can just… poof! Disapear! How did you get back holding my wrist, though?"

"I did't even leave the room. I just made it so you couldn't see or touch me."

"That's so cool! Kurt's going to be so jelous when he finds out! Has he found out?"

"No. Why would he be jelous?"

"'Cause his power's teleporting! He can disappear, but he has to reappear somewhere ese. He doesn't just stay invisable or whetever you did."

Yami tilted his head and looked curiously at Xavier, "Are all the students here mutants?"

"Very much so," Charles nodded. "This is a school for the gifted. The gifted in this case being mutants. Speaking of which, is your brother a mutant as well?"

Yami shrugged, "Probably. But I don't know if his power counts as such. Or if he has any others."

"And what is his ability?"

"When I disappear… He can see me. And we can speak to each other mind to mind."

Charles smiled, "And you don't know if he has any others?"

"Haven't had much use for anything else. Although," Yami gave the immpression of thinking hard, but was really just making a dramatic pause so he could give Yugi a way to practice his sheilding magic, which he was abysmal at. "He has sometimes… stopped stuff from hitting him… Sheilded himself, I guess." Yami shrugged and gave Xavier the most innocent eyes he could. "It could be a power, but I've never seen him be able to do it when he wants to. And it's only happened a couple of times…" That part was true enuogh. Yugi really couldn't control sheilds very well and had only successfully brought them up a few times when he panicked. He was better at healing and illusions.

The professor gave another kind smile, one he should have copyrighted with how often he used it, and said, "This insitute focuses on training mutants to control ther powers, perhaps you and your brother can learn to better control yours while here."

Yami looked down at his feet, as if he felt shy, which he didn't, and responded, "I think that would be nice…"

*****

Rahnae Sinclair, werewolf, slammed the door to her room and tossed herself onto the bed. When the Professor told her that she wouldn't be able to shift form while topside because of an exchange student, she hadn't been all that worried. For herself anyway. Jamie's power had a habit of kicking in at the most unopportune times. She hadn't even planned on meeting the kid until dinner. That way she could meet both of the twins at the same time. Instead, she could now use her powers in front of the two, but didn't want to be in the same room with one of them, much less the same house.

He just smelled wrong. Apparently Wolverine couldn't smell it or he'd be acting the same way she was, which meant she had a better nose than him. Score one for the Irish and bring on the hell hounds!

"Whoop-dee-doo," she muttered to herself, bunching a pillow under her chin. "The professor probably thinks I'm nuts. Jamie's probably already attached himself to the guy… And I bet he has a way better power than any of us, too. Bet he donnae have to worry about hair growing in the oddest places…"

The thirteen year old threw her pillow at the wall and turned over on her back, letting out a sigh, "How come I'm cursed with the power of the were-folk?"

"It's not supposed to be a curse, Darlin'," Logan replied and leaned against the door frame.

Rahnae turned her head and glared at the man, "You're supposed to knock."

Logan rasped his knuckles agains the wood twice then walked into the room and sat down on the bed next to the girl, "Want to talk about it? To someone who understands about the beast?"

Rahnae turned her head the other way and hugged her second pillow to her chest, "I dannae like that boy. He smells wrong. Didn't you smell it?"

"All I get is this weird sense of being old. But nothing… wrong. Can you describe it?"

"That's just it, Wolverine," she replied, sitting up and giving the man an exasperated look, "I can't describe as other than 'Wrong'. And the professor isn't going to accept that." Her shoulders slumped and she threw the second pillow againt the far wall so it joined the first, "He probably thinks I'm nuts."

"Chuck would never think you're nuts…"

"Not the professor… the new guy. I didn't even learn his name."

"He goes by Yami. Though I get the immpression that that isn't his real name. And his twin brother goes by Yugi."

Rahnae nodded and leaned against the Canadian's shoulder. Logan sniffed the air and didn't find any other scents filtering down the hall. Assured no one else would see him, he wrapped an arm around the the teen and gave her what little comfort he could through the gesture. It was a lot more than he could ever know.

*****

It took the last couple of hours that school was in session for Yami to get the complete tour of the X-mansion, during which he was hit with shock after shock about everything X-man. So when Yugi an the others got home, it wasn't a big surprise to see Yami appear out of no where and scare the daylights out of the other students and Yugi, who nearly fainted.

//We have to talk, Hikari!// Yami sent through their now unblocked link.

/WHAT ARE DOING?!/ Yugi yelled back, causing the spirit to wince very noticably.

"Easy, Yugi. You don't need to yell," he replied out loud rubbing his ears, even though it wouldn't do any good. "Let me expalin…" The spirit went on to mentally tell his light about the day he had had and the way he arranged for Yugi to get some real magic practice in. The explination was, of course, interupted by Yugi's mental outbursts and quick lucturing on all the 'rude' things Yami had pulled during the day.

The X-men, meanwhile, got a full explination via Xavier, who did an en mase sending.

At the end of which, Evan jumped in the air and yelled happily, "Yes! This is so cool! The world Duelist Champion is not only staying with us, he's a mutant , too! We don't have to hide our powers! This is great!"

Kurt, on the other hand retreated to the back of the group and started to debate to himslef whether or not to turn off his image inducer. Even other mutants reacted poorly to his true appearance.

Yugi took all the informaiton in and was quiet for a while afterwards. All the changes would take a bit of time to sink in. "Um, I'm going to go upstairs and do my homework," he mumbled and walked past everyone, Yami trailing closely behind. The two were stopped at the top of the stairs by Rahnae.

"So you're the other half of this pair," she stated, startling Yugi out of his thoughts. "You two really are twins. You look the same. You even smell the same. At least, on the surface. But unlike your brother, you dannae smell wrong. Why is that?"

Yugi gave Yami a curious glance, then looked back at the red-head, "Um, I'm sorry? I…"

The girl crossed her arms and gave Yami a mean look, "You might not know what I'm talking about, but I'm sure your… brother does."

"Whatever Yami knows, I know. He hasn't a clue what you're talking about, either," Yugi insisted politely, heading past the girl. "Now if you'll excuse me, I really do need to get my homwerk done. It was nice to meet you."

Yami followed his light, not stopping as he passed Rahnae and muttered under his breath so only she could hear. Her glare turned into a snarl as he retreated to his and Yugi's room.

Jean walked up beside the girl, "Um, what was that about?"

"Donnae worry about it," Ranae responded and walked downstairs, heading for the game room.

*****

"Yami? What was that about?" Yugi asked his dark as they entered their room.

Yami shut the door, then sat down on the bed and leaned against the headboard, "She is a mutant who can turn into a wolf."

Yugi furrowed his brow in thought and a moment later an 'o' of understanding replaced it, "So she can tell that you're a spirit."

"Correct. But she obviously doesn't recognize me as such. She hasn't been trained to recognize spirits from the living. She might not even be able to see them normally. But then again, I'm not a normal spirit."

Yugi sat on the bed next to Yami and curled into his dark half's side, "Is this going to be a major problem?"

Yami shook his head, "It shouldn't be. I'll just have to watch myself around her is all." The spirit glanced down at his other half and raised an eyebrow, "Don't you have homework?"

Yugi nodded and shrugged, "It's world history. I figured you could cover it. The class is going over World War 2 right now…"

"Yugi, you really need to start paying attention to those things. Just because you try and ignore it doesn't mean it didn't happen."

"Just because it happened, it doesn't mean I have to think about it. Especially since the teacher wants me to do a report on the most signifigant bombings…"

Yami didn't reply. Instead, he wrapped his arms around his light and tried to give him comfort as silent tears ran down both of their faces. The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a painful point for the split soul. Yugi had lost almost his entire family in the bombings. Lost them before he even met them. The only survivors being his parents and Grandfather, all of whom had been in Egypt on a dig for the British Museum at the time. Yugi was right, Yami was the better of the two to handle the report.

The spirit ran a hand through Yugi's hair and murmered, "I'll get the report done. When is it due?"

"End of the week…"

"I'll get it done."

*****

Dear X-peeps,

In Japan there is a city called Domino. In this city, there is a high school teeming with teenagers all consumed with their own little cares and pains. All of them working each day just to get through the torment the government and their parents foced them to go through. In the hustle and bustle of these teenagers there is a girl from America trying hard to fit in, or at least not to stand out. Her name is Katherine 'Kitty' Pryde and this is her story….

You guys won't belive it, but not only do I have to wear a uniform, I stay in one classroom for the most part. For most of the day we have one teacher who goes over everything from Grammer to Science. After recess, yes we have recess (it's gym, only we're not required to participate), the teachers switch around on us for a couple classes, then we're released for the last two periods to go to specialation courses. The two I got signed up for are Computer Programing (well duh!) and Achient Cultures. Appearently this Yugi kid I exchanged with didn't take Programing, but was a wiz at Achient Cultures. I got Programming instead of his other specialzation because I totally suck at 'Advanced Religious Theories Concering Achient Cultures'. I'm not kidding. That's the exact translation of the course's name. Apearently this guy wants to be an Archeologist. It seems to run in the family. His grandfather, the guy I'm staying with, used to be an archologist along with the kid's parents. He's a nice old guy who runs a game shop and Evan you are going to totally die over this, but he gets first pick at all Deul Moster cards that come in on a WEEKLY basis. He even has a one of the four Blue Eyes White Dragon cards.

Speaking of all things Deul Monsters, I am in the same class as not only Katsuya Jonouchi, but also Seto Kaiba. That's right! I'm in the same class as the president of Kaiba Corp. His girlfriend is in my class, too and she got him to promise that he'd let the whold bunch of us spend a day in his virtual reality game. He's planning on putting the games on the market for Kaiba Land (the land of all things Duel Monsters) come summer.

Oh, I guess I should introduce you to the 'gang'.

First there's Anzu Mazaki. She's Kaiba's girlfriend. She's really pretty, has brown hair and brown eyes and is really loyal to her friends. She also let me barrow one of her uniforms for the first day of school since the school didn't know my size. She's acctually a lot like me. We get along great.

Next there's Katsuya 'Jou' Jonouchi. Rogue, he is every bit as hot up close as he is on televison. He's also loaded because the guy who won the Duelist Kingdom Tournament gave him the three million dollar prize money. By the way, that guy is Yugi Motou, the one I am exchanging with. I'm betting Evan's in heaven right now and driving the kid out of his mind.

Third is Hiroto Honda. Hiroto is a guy with a motercycle. And he's Jou's best friend after Yugi. He's semi attractive but you git him and Jou in the same room together, then you had better make sure no girls around. They do this thing called the 'panty tank' that just drives me and Anzu crazy. I am now wearing shorts under my uniform's skirt as a precausion.

Fourth is this really hot guy named Ryu Bakura. He has white-blond hair and brown eyes like a doe. *sigh* He's quiet and as I just recently found out, incredably easy to scare. On top of that, he screams like a girl. And I mean even worse than me. I swear, his shriek could break glass if he held if for longer than two seconds. He's british born and bred, but his dad has a lot of business deals over here, so they moved.

He's also kind of strange. There are these times when it feels like he's staring at me but whne I turn around he's got his head buried in his schoolwork. Him and Hiroto are real good buds. Supposedly he lives alone because his father's always off on business trips. But I've overheard him and Hiroto talking about him not wanting Ryu to go home because someone would be there waiting to hurt him. He told Hiroto not to worry, but I don't know. It sounds like he may be being abused. I know I shouldn't poke my nose in this when I don't have all the facts, but, well…

Anyway, the other one of the 'gang' is Seto Kaiba himself. Although he denys it up, down and sideways in five different languages. He is a complete genius. And he gets days off from school because he runs his own company. Lucky guy. Rich, smart and runs his own company at the age of 17. Almost like Warren. Have you guys heard from him lately?

Aside from that, I am keeping up my research into Egypt. Sugoroku (the guy I'm staying with) loves to talk about all the digs he's been on. His favorite subject is the connection between Duel Monsters and something called the Shadow Games which were played in Egypt some five thousand years ago. I think Kurt made a comment about some shadow games at some point… As it turns out, Pegasus Crawford, the guy who created Duel Monsters, got the idea after going to Egypt a few months after losing his wife. According to Sugoroku, Duel Monsters was a game played by Pharoahs and Sorcerors to decide the fate of the nation. There's even this Egyptian Exibit at the Domino Musuem that has artifacts that support this theory. I'll get pictures sent as soon as I can.

Well, I'm going to have to end this.

Love and Miss you guys,

Kitty

*****

Ryu Bakura waved good bye to Hiroto, who had given him a ride home from school, and closed the door to his very big and very empty house. He locked the three deadbolts and the lock, then checked the rest of the locks in the house to make sure they were secured. When all was done, he went to his room and unlocked his curio cabnit. Inside, on the shelf just below eye level, sat the Mellinium Eye and Ring. He still couldn't remember how he ended up with the Eye, but he knew that the dark spirit trapped in the Ring got it while in control of his body.

At the end of the Battle City Tournament, Ryu had started to know when the spirit took him over. He had never noticed it before as his memory and consiousness was usually blocked out. But then he had started to feel when he was pushed aside and the spirit took over.

Now, half a year later, the spirit could manifest himself physically while Ryu wore the Ring. Every time he put it on, the spirit would punish him for ever talking it off. And oddly enough, each time he put it on, the harder it was to take off, even when the punishements he received hurt so much he blacked out.

So why did he put it on evey afternoon after coming home from school. He knew he would get punished. Maybe he did it because he was lonely. His father was never around for more than a few minutes at a time. Hiroto had managed to get the school to let him get a job so he hardly ever stayed over anymore. None of the others in their group at school were close enough to him to share his secret with. Except Yugi. And he was in America for the next two months.

So maybe it was just so he wouldn't be alone. Maybe that was the reason Ryu reached into the cabnit and took out the ring. Maybe that was why he slipped it's rope chian around his neck. Maybe that was why he didn't complain when the truly nameless spirit manifested in front of him and started cursing him. Ryu really didn't know.

The only thing he knew the moment the spirit hit him, a perverted sense of happiness ran through him. It was always like that and it increased with every slur and every punch and every blessed pain that was rained down on him until he blacked out with a feeling close to perfection.

The spirit looked down on his host, delight running through him as he reveled in the emotions that always ran through the boy when he was punished. Though truth be told, it had ceased to be punishement when the spirit realized that Ryu got off on it. The tomb robber had decided to listen in to Ryu's thoughts one day while punnishing him, just to see if he was getting through to the 'pretty-boy'. He found out that he was getting through to him, all right. And the pansy didn't even know that he liked it. The spirit enjoyed dishing out pain and having a host that enjoyed reciving it made him all kinds of happy.

"Of course you do it because you're lonely," He muttered, picking up the battered body of his host and putting him on the bed. He had long since learned how to do the most damage without leaving any marks so he wasn't worried about having to clean up any cuts. The punishment was now more routine than actual punishment since the spirit really did have to take care of his host. If he didn't, he wouldn't have a host to beat up.

But it would be a while until Ryu came to. The tomb robber decided he might as well get some business done while his host was out. Turning on the computer, he checked his email. For the third day in a row there was a note from someone calling himself 'Mesmero'.

The man wanted to work a deal with the spirit. He had knowledge of the Mellinium Items and claimed that he could get ahold of the five Yugi held. But he wanted the spirit to 'loan' him the two he had for twenty four hours. At the end of which, he garenteed that the spirit would get all seven delivered to him with the thanks of someone called 'World's End'.

At least that was the name the Hyroglyphics e-mailed to him translated out to. He was pretty sure of that. He had only been in the Ring for about five hundred years, so he wasn't as well versed in all things Egyptian like the Pharoah was.

The spirit leaned back in his chair as he read the newest email. It was the same as the other two. Exactly the same. Apparently this Mesmero wasn't very creative. Growling at the mans' audasity, the spirit deleted the email and turned off the infernal machine. Glancing at a clock, he found that only ten minutes had passed. Ryu would be out for another hour or more. The spirit would have to find something to do to entertain himself.

After a moment he smiled evily, the only way it seemed he knew how, and headed for the bathroom. He hadn't had a good hot bath in positively ages.

*****

End Chapter Five

Ooh… I have some plot development… And angsty stuff…And no, I'm not calling the evil spirit 'Bakura' and Ryu 'Ryu'. Ryu is 'Ryu Bakura' and since I've never seen an actual offical real name for Yami Bakura other than 'Evil Spirit in the Ring', I will not be using one for him unless I make one up. And as for Yami Bakura's age, the American dub has him say he got trapped in the ring about four hundred years ago. When he was robbing a tomb. So, I've up his age a little from that, but in this fic he is not from the same time as Yami Yugi.

And no, The whole Hiroshima/Nagasaki family death thing is not cannon. I just thought it would be a good, if sad, way of explaining why we only see or hear about Grandpa.