Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Behind Magical Walls ❯ Cheating English ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter1
 
Disclaimer: What I DO NOT OWN: Harry Potter or Yu Yu Hakusho Harry Potter is to: J.K Rowling as Yu Yu Hakusho is to: that's right. The Japanese. (None of this is supposed to be offensive)
Yusuke's home
Yusuke was asleep when he first heard the tapping and as it continued he yelled, "Go away Mom!" Still the tapping continued. With a groan he got up to face what one could only think to be unexpected. An owl carrying a letter was sitting outside his window thus the answer to the tapping. As Yusuke opens the window the bird immediately took the chance to drop the letter and fly off. Picking up the letter he skims through it and grabs his coat; taking the door leading out of the apartment.
Kuwabara's home
"Little brother!" Kuwabara got out of bed only slightly confused. "Get your bum in here!" Shizuru called impatiently. He got up and went to the living room. "Perhaps little bro, you can explain why we have an owl in our house," Shizuru said giving Kuwabara the third degree.
"Uh…Shizuru there is no owl in here. Do you mean Puu?" Kuwabara puzzled. "No half-wit, I am not just seeing things if you'd look up or were more aware you'd see it." Choosing to ignore the onslaught of insults Kuwabara looks up.
On the fan an owl resides. As the nocturnal bird gazed down upon Kuwabara it dropped the parcel it carried. And left through the open window. "Kuwabara is you cat still here?" Shizuru asked as he picked up the letter. " Why do you ask?" He replied, as he looked the letter over.
"Because owls eat small mammals," she said slyly. "WHAT!!!!!" Kuwabara looked up franticly. "Just kidding your cat is in your room. Honestly you should be smarter than this." Shizuru grinned.
"So what is it?" Shizuru asked while he opened it. "I have to see Koenma," Kuwabara stated faintly going out the front door.
OOOOOOOOOOOKurama's gardenOOOOOOOOOOOOO
In the garden behind Suichi's house Kurama worked diligently at saving the lives of his mother's plants. He has for the past weeks kept bringing back the plants that his mother's talent at gardening killed. He at the moment was working hard at resurrecting a Sakura tree.
It was around then the owl came to announce itself. The owl glided in gracefully and landed on the Sakura tree as Kurama fought to save it. " Get off that tree!! Before you kill it you murderer!" Kurama blasted at the unfortunate owl.
The owl leaped and fluttered nervously landing on Kurama's shoulder. The bird place the letter in Kurama's hand and took off into the sky. Kurama looked at the letter and read it. He got up from where he was crouched and went with out changing into the street.
OOOOOOOOOOOOO Hiei's tree OOOOOOOOOOO
Sitting in his familiar tree Hiei sat cleaning his sword diligently. `Stupid blood stains…stupid pigeons…' Hiei muttered as he thought of the earth animals that tried to claim the tree as theirs. Hiei froze as he heard the distinct flutter of wings. `What they wouldn't have come back? Would they?' Hiei turned abruptly expecting to find the feathered rats that he had scared off moments ago but looked upon an unfamiliar sight of a phoenix coming down upon him. `What the hell this isn't one of the wing rodents!?!' Hiei contemplated as it landed on the same tree limb as him. `Okay bigger rat, bigger attack.' Hiei thought out logically. So to rid of the nuisance he tossed a fireball at the creature.
Hiei watched pleased as the mystical bird was knocked out of the tree. The effect was the phoenix got up shook itself off and of all things; glared at him! The fire demon gaped in surprise and the phoenix immediately took Hiei's surprise to its advantage. Flying up it placed its parcel in his lap, then as if suddenly indignant it lifts its head and takes flight. Hiei just stared in astonishment as the scarlet bird flew away. Finally he shook his head as he came back to his senses. Picking cautiously at the letter he tore open and read the contents of the letter. Hiei jumped into the air as soon as he finished the letter and blurred away once in the air. The battle over tree possession would have to wait.
Koenma's office
The spirit detectives wait to hear Koenma explain the appearance of the owls (Hiei's case phoenix) and the Hogwarts' letters. "Well, you see there's a magical community . . ." goes into the explanation of the wizard community. "And you all are being sent to Hogwarts as favor to the head master there. And your cover is to be normal wizard students," stated Koenma lamely.
"What will we do there? What did this head master do to help you Koenma?" asked Kurama. "Uh well, he defeated a dark wizard of his time, which at the time posed a treat to Rekai. And then when you are there you will guard the inside of the castle," Koenma answered Kurama. "No way!" Yusuke shouted.
"Yes, way Yusuke and because you are going you need to learn English," Koenma argued back. Yusuke complained, " Koenma there is no way I'll be able to learn English before we go." Koenma smirked.
"I know. That is why I have taken time out of my day to order a team of specialized scientists to create translating device. It works by going though a treatment that requires you to put on a helmet. From there the language will be a switch in your mind. There to be turned off and on by your control." Kurama and Hiei nodded their heads at this. Kuwabara and Yusuke on the other hand said, "I have no idea what you just said, but I'll go along with it." They leave to have the device built-in.
As they were leaving Kurama and Hiei started talking. "Thank goodness I already speak English and several other languages," said Kurama stroking his chin. "As am I," stated Hiei blandly. Kurama looked at Hiei surprised. "When did you learn English?"
"When you are an assassin you must know many languages for you go behind enemy lines and quite often they don't speak your language," grimly Hiei stated. Koenma called to Kurama. " You all will need to buy your supplies for the school and I am entrusting you Kurama to handle the money. This is a gallon…" Koenma went into the explanation of the wizard money. He then handed the bag of money to Kurama.
Yusuke and Kuwabara walked into the room as if they were smacked in the head with an iron skillet. " Ugg I feel like I got hit in the head with an iron skillet." Yusuke moaned loudly.
"Okay now that you are all set here's your train tickets, I'll make an excuse for your absentness, good bye." Koenma said rushed. Suddenly they disappeared.
Leaky cauldron
Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama and Hiei reappeared in The Leaky Cauldron, which they assumed was a pub of some sort. They turn to the sound of a voice off in the far corner."Hold up young lads this here is a non-Apparation/Disapparation zone," the bartender exclaimed. Kurama explained, " Oh please pardon us. You see we didn't know. Sir…um Tom," Kurama said reading his name tag, " Could you direct us to Diagon Alley? Tom stared oddly at them; it wasn't like it wasn't provoked. The group did look a bit out of place; Yusuke with his green attire, Kuwabara with his blue one, Kurama with his long silky hair and Hiei with spiky hair with a sword.
"Err…alright." Tom putting down the glass he was cleaning stepped out behind the bar glancing at Hiei's sword three or four times as he led them outside. Pulled out his wand he tapped the brick wall around three bricks with the wand. But as the wall folded to allow them access behind it they all gaped in surprise. Revealed to them was a street full of shops, wizards and witches busy with last minute shopping.
"Well boys' this is Diagon Alley. Now while you all are out and about shopin' for all ye're school supplies would you like me ta set up some rooms for ya?" Tom asked suddenly all business. Kurama replied still in amaze, "Yes please."
The group of detectives walked out into the alley and began their business. "Okay Kurama what exactly are we going to need to buy? Hiei asked sulkily. Hiei really didn't care for all the smells of the market place. And for that matter neither did Kurama. Their noses as demon were far more sensitive than humans.
Kurama pulled out the list. Reading it aloud while the others tried to locate their own list.
[I]HOGWARTS SCHOOL
OF WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
UNIFORM
Third-year students will require:
1.Three sets of plain work robes (Black)
2.One plain pointed hat (Black) for day wear
3.One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4.One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of the following:
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalberg Waffling
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
The Dark forces: A Guide to self-protection by Quentin Trimble
The Monster Book of Monsters by Newt Scamander
Unfogging The Future by Cassandra Vablatsky
Intermediate Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
The Standard Book of Spell (grade 3)
OTHER EQUIPMENENT
1 WAND
1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring an owl or a cat or a toad
They peered at each other's list and nodded that they were exactly the same. They proceeded to Gringotts to exchange their money for wizard money. They paused to read the warning engraved on the door an exchanged looks.
Enter stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.
So if you seek beneath are floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.
"Hmm a challenge," Yoko thought. As if sensing what he thought Hiei turned to through a stern at him. " Don't even think about it, Fox." The other two smirked and tossed the grins at Kurama who looked slightly puzzled.
Yusuke turned to Kuwabara. " Do you think he'll be able to handle his thieving issue?" Yusuke whispered. "Yusuke, Kurama has a ton of self-control, so of course he can," Kuwabara stated confidently. " I'll take that bet. Does five gallons sound good?" Yusuke said holding out his hand.
"Okay, you're on Urameshi. So When I win we'll have to ask Kurama to give us some money." Kuwabara grinned. They walked up to the head goblin and ask for an exchange of currency. They received their money and walked out side to find the bookstore. They stood in front of a store called Flourish and Blotts.
Going in Kurama went up to the front desk and ordered the list of books for each of them. The elderly cashier smiled at Kurama and led them to where they could find all the third years things. She smiled flirtatiously at Kurama and as the group grabbed their things she tried to engage a most unwilling Kurama into small talk. “Transfer students?” Kurama nodded as if that wasn't obvious, how old is she anyway? “Ooh wow! Where are all you from?” She made googly eyes and Kurama wished most fervently he could escape. Come on Yusuke grab what you need before I gain another potentially dangerous fangirl-no not girl scary woman! At last Yusuke and the rest hurried as they found Kurama politely listening as she babbled on about nonsense and saved him by paying for their things and leaving. Their next stop was a clothing store named Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions.
They entered the store and were greeted by Madam Malkin. “Students aye? What'll it be?” Yusuke held out the list to her as she took a look at it they had a chance to glanced at the vast colors of cloaks, shirts, pants, bandanas, and formal wear. Yusuke spotted a green cloak and took a liking to it quickly. “Hey Kurama!” Kurama glanced suspiciously at Yusuke when the teen held up the green fabric and sighed as Yusuke requested that instead of the school's required dress code for the black winter coats. “I'm afraid the dress code-” Kurama stared as Yusuke turned to Madam Malkin said could you get all that but in green?” She blinked rapidly in surprise but nodded nonetheless.
Kuwabara who at the same time fingered a solid blue pattern requested, “Could I get mine in this color?” Madam Malkin agreed even though reluctant. Kurama slouched in defeat as she started to get their sizes. The shop owner took their sizes without problem until she came to Hiei. She frowned slightly before saying brightly, "Err…Young sir could you come back later? I don't think we carry anything in your size for boys. You wouldn't mind taking a female youth's size though? Don't worry I'll detail it so it is exactly like a boy's Hogwarts robe." She winked assuring a Hiei who did not at all feel `assured'. More like paranoid and irritated.
Kurama jumped in before Hiei could comment or kill and said, " That will be fine…when will I come pick it up? Later at five okay for you?" The shopkeeper replied cheerfully also slightly confused as they paid and ran out the door, "sure…"
As they were a few blocks away from the store they slowed down as Yusuke and Kuwabara busted out laughing causing a few passer by to glance in curiosity. "Shut up," Hiei growled out as they continued for several minutes. They pulled up to a wand shop called Ollivander: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C. They went in and heard the bell on the door ring. They looked around for a second and an old man appeared behind them surprising them when he spoke. "May I help you boys?"
They turned around suddenly and stared at him. At last Kurama spoke, "Hello you must be the shopkeeper. We need to buy some wands."
The man looked about ten years younger when Kurama finished. "Great, you go first." The old man said grabbing Kurama's wrist and dragging him to the front counter. "What's your wand hand?" the Old man asked. Kurama looked confused, but replied, "My right, I suppose."
Mr. Ollivander looked at Kurama hands and agreed, "Indeed it is. Alright how about you try…" He said as he searched the shelves. " Try this one. It's fourteen inches. A mahogany wand. And its special core is silver fox fire. Quite old actually, never been used. I do hope it goes for you it's been stuck here for some time, poor thing." Kurama held it and the wand sprouted a rose carving along its side.
"Very nice. I believe you and your new wand will get a long quit nicely. Now what is your name?" Kurama gave him his human name. "Minamino Shuuichi."
Ollivander called the next person, "You there! With the orange hair your next." Kuwabara got up from his chair a stood in front of the wand maker. "Okay young sir what's your name a wand hand?" Mr. Ollivander asked. "Uh… My name is Kazuma Kuwabara. And I am left handed," Kuwabara said puzzled. "Yes you are left handed. Now to see what wand is right for you."
He left Kuwabara to search for a wand. "Alright how about thirteen inches and a holly wand. The special core is centaur hair. For most this wand is for the more aware people not nearly as strong as unicorn hair but it will do." Kuwabara lifted and stuck it in the air. The wand shot out flobberworms, which by all standards, not pleasant in the least.
They all gaped in unity as it sprayed over the floor, Ollivaner made the worms disappear with the flick of the wand. "You see some wands tend to show that they have chosen they're owner by err…being temperamental. Your wand will calm down when you start using it."
He looks over at Yusuke and Hiei deciding who would go next. "You, greasy haired one, come up here and tell me your name and wand arm." Yusuke looked indignant at being called `greasy haired' but went up to the counter all the same.
"Yusuke Urameshi and I am right-handed," he replied. Mr. Olliander checked to see if he was indeed right-handed and went to search for a wand for Yusuke. He pulled out one box shook his head and looked at another. But after several minutes he came back to the one he looked at first.
"Here try this one here. Thirteen inches and an ash wand. And the special core of your wand, Mr. Urameshi, is a phoenix tear. It is almost as rare as a Koorime tear gem of the legends." Hiei looks tense at the mention of his ancestral characteristics, but loosens up as he mentions it as a legend.
Yusuke holds it and the wand emits a whirlwind of blue energy. Kuwabara tried to touch it but the color returns back to the wand holder. Ollivander walks over to Hiei and asks him, "What is your name? And your wand arm?" Hiei replies, "Hiei and I am right-handed."
Ollivander pulls Hiei to the front counter and goes off in search of a wand for Hiei. He looks a pulls out a couple wands and goes back to set them on the counter. "Try this one first. Twelve inches and a pear wand. The core is a Hippogriff feather."
Hiei takes it in his hand and flicks it. The result? The windows start icing up and the store belonging to Ollivander becomes an icebox. Ollivander shivering takes back the wand and returns the place back to normal before saying, "Nnnoo I think definitely not." He picks up the second wand giving to Hiei.
Hiei stares at the wand as it begins to show signs of a dragon craving on its side. "Oh good," Mr. Ollivander sighed, " I was wondering when that one would choose someone. The wand you have there is fourteen inches and a rowan wand. The secret core to this wand is heartstrings of a Chinese Fireball dragon and the feather of phoenix."
Hiei paid the man with the money Kurama had gave him and walked out the door with the rest of the gang. " Guys have you seen Kurama?" Yusuke asked realizing Kurama was no longer with them.
Author's note: Hello readers it is Minerva! Hope you have enjoyed this chapter. Now to make sure some facts are known to everyone. There will be NO yaoi at all and there is a co-writer. Which is me.
The other author's note: Howdy this here is SeaMyth how's everybody? Now this story under my name but Minerva is helping me. I hope you all understand that we write this story and we DO disagree about some things. So some stuff in the story has to change so we can get along. So most the stuff you don't like that's my part of the story. ^_^
Minerva: Also, please feel free to e-mail me, as long it is appropriate. If there is any thing you feel is necessary in this story
e-mails us instead of putting it in a review.
Also we would like to thank DemonandGoddess for being our first reviewer!
SeaMyth: Yeah e-mail me for any thing. I don't care if what you say isn't appropriate period. Because sometimes I consider what you say or I will take REVENGE for mean flames. Not really ^-^
NOW COME MINERVA ON TO THE NEXT CHAPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Minerva: OK . . . BYE! ^_^
 
 
Authors' notes: Hey I am writing this story with a co-writer Minerva.
She is writing Invisible Runaway, A Rurouni Kenshin fanfiction. She is soon going to write an Inuyasha fanfiction.
Oh I welcome flame reviews because they are fun to laugh at.