Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ False Hope ❯ Punishment ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I'm not completely sure if this'll be a YYH fic yet, but I'm sure I'll incorporate it in here somehow like I have with
my other YYH fics, so enjoy. Also, I dinnae own YYH, only my OC, Nikaji Mirati.

Key
*thinking*
"talking"
*thoughts progressing into speech"
'substitute for italics'
::POV's::
~*~ = Time lapse
:any random thing I deem semi-important:
~:~ blah= Scene change

-------------------------------------

Chapter One: Punishment

::Nikaji::

"Another F?!" my father yells at me, clutching another of my failed tests in his hand
for what I think was the third time this week. I looked to the wall above his head, not
replying. I hated him, truly I did. "You're going to be punished this time, now...turn around!"

He crushed the paper in his fist and threw it to the ground, standing up, a malicious aura surrounding him.

I comply, there was no point in trying to flee, I'd just end up with more cuts and bruises.
The guidance counsler was already on my case about my home life, and my friends (more
like a gang really) were asking the same, as well as if I was a cutter. I, of course, told them
no, but I could see they didn't believe me. Tch, I really was, but I couldn't tell them the truth.
After all, a leader can't be weak, right?

"You know the deal, drop 'em." my father growls to me as I hear the swish of his belt being removed from his pants.

Once again, I comply, undoing the belt of my pants and letting them drop unceremoniously to the floor. He grabs the
waistband of my underwear and rips it off. I don't want to go into anymore detail, so I'm just going to fast forward
to my current situation.

I'm in my room, bandaging the new numerous cuts and welts from his belt, not to mention a knife he grabbed
and slashed it across my back and legs, then he...well...I don't have to explain that now do I? All you need to
know is that I'm bleeding out my ass now, thanks to that bastard.

::Author::

The next morning, Nikaji {1} gets up at about 4:00am, not wanting to talk to his father that particular morning and hurries through his morning routine, putting on a long sleeved shirt and denim jeans to hide the scars and bandages.

It's about 4:58am when he slips stealthily from the house, racing to the street corner where his buddies await.

"Yo Nikaji, you're up and out early today, we normally don't see you until at least six." a boy decked out in full leather and with a green mohawk tells him, clapping him on the shoulder.

Nikaji winces, but it, luckily for him, it goes unnoticed.

"Eh, the old bastard's been giving me a hard time about my grades, Maki, I ain't feel like seeing him this morning anyway." Nikaji replies as Maki drops his hand from his shoulder.

Maki nods, jerking his thumb back to the three guys standing behind him, one in a ragged 'Slipknot' shirt and holed jeans, with purple and orange short hair. The other in a 'My Chemical Romance' longsleeve shirt and leather pants, blue hair, and finally, another guy in jeans and a wifebeater shirt, black hair, leaning on a lamp post.

"Krin, Jack, and Eyji{2}wanted go to beat up some worthless runts for quick cash, and finally go and grab those 'MCR' CD's we been wanting, you up for it man?" he asks with a devious grin, his teeth glinting in the partial sunlight of the waking dawn.

"Let's go." Nikaji replies, wanting to let out some of his frustration.

~*~
7:38am
~:~ Alley

::Nikaji::

I smash my fist into the gut of that little runt, forcing him to give up his money, and watch his sister cringing against the nearby wall. I cram the few dollars I got from the kid into my pocket and saunter over to her. Yeah, I know, pretty extended vocabulary for a thug, huh? Two words: Fuck off.

"Hey kid, get on to school, you gonna be late." I tell her, we always take pity on girls, no matter what age. This one was about 7 or so.

She peeks up at me through her fingers, her face asking a question: Why?

"No! I not going anywhere till you give brother back his monies!" she tells me defiantly, jutting out her lip and standing her ground. This stopped everyone in their tracks, the guys looked at the girl and I, and then to me as if to say: How are you gonna handle this? You gonna let a little 'bitch' stand up to you?

I have to do something, they won't follow a weak leader after all would they?

"Listen, mini-bitch, I'm giving you a choice, get the hell outta here before I get angry." I tell her ominously, glaring at her as she just sticks out her tongue and pouts.

"I still not leaving."

"Your lanky ass is gonna to be late for school."

"I don't care!"

A groan is heard from beside me as the boy struggles to his feet, his hands bloody from the broken glass covering the ground. I quickly grab him, taking out a switchblade and holding it to his neck.

: Hell, I was proud of that switchblade, beat up some fucker in the Marisa Bar for it. He wanted to fight me, talking shit about my age, {3} so I pounded his dumb ass into the stone ground of the back alley, stripped him, and took his switcblade. Then I pissed on him for good measure and left him there, laughing my fucking ass off as I made my way home with my new toy. :

"I'm telling you now, get outta here...or your bro's gonna be in a world of pain." I tell her, pushing the knife closer to his throat.

Shock and revulsion overcome her features, but she nods and I shove that worthless little kid over to her, getting congratulations and praise from Jack, Krin and Maki as they run off. Eyji just sits back and regards us silently. The look on his face matches my father's, he looked just like that old prick at that moment and I felt my face twist into a snarling glare.

He catches my eye and raises his in question.

"Why are you glaring at me, Nika?" he asks, his voice indifferent as he calls me that annoying nickname.

I hadn't realized it, but I was, I let my face relax.

"Sorry, didn't mean anything by it." I say, about to lean against the rough brick red wall, but suddenly feeling a sharp pain in my side, a particularly nasty gash was there, where the old bastard dug the knife in, and then hit it continously with his heavy iron belt buckle. He was going to put a lighter to it as well, but then he decided his precious cigs were more important than his son's pain.

"That's what you get, meanie! Nyah!" the little brat of a girl told me as she ran off again, she had snuck up and wailed on me with a 2x4 when noone was paying attention. I gasp from the pain as I try not to sink to the ground, Maki looks at me strangely.

"What's your problem? Don't tell me that little prick actually hurt you?"

I don't reply as I feel blood starting to seep through the side of my shirt and clasp my hand around it tightly. Krin looks over, seeing the blood dripping between my fingers.

"Yo man, that board musta had a nail in it or sumthin' for it to make ya bleed like that." he says, going to examine the board and nods, holding it up for everyone to see. "Yeah man, nail, real rusty, and covered in your blood, you gonna be okay?"

"Yeah...I'll be fine." I told them, lying through my teeth. "Just let me go home, bandage this, and change shirts. Then I'll be back for you know it."

I took off at full speed, calling over my shoulder that I'd meet them back in this alley in two hours and trying not to let them see my wince from the angry shocks of electricity that shot up my spine each time my sneakers pounded into the concrete of the ashen sidewalk.

I hated that mini-bitch.

I hated my bastard of an old man.

But most of all I hated myself for letting him do it.

I finally got to my house, sliding through the small window into the basement. I liked our basement, it was nice and dim, seeing as the only light came from a single dusty lightbulb hanging down from the center of the ceiling. Also, it was a good place for thinking, and getting away from my father, he never came down here, and if he ever did he might find me, wrists slit, bleeding in a corner one day, or maybe hanging from the rafters, who knows?

I make my way over to the stairs and crawl underneath them, pulling out some clean bandages from an old, worn First Aid kit and a bottle of peroxide. I rip off my shirt, pouring some over the wound and soak the bandages in it as well, binding my injury tightly.

"Hopefully..." I think, wincing as I stand. "It'll draw out any poison."

I make my way up the stairs and go to my room, opening the door. I winced as I was pushed roughly against the wall, my old man was in there, waiting for me to come home.

~:~ Somewhere unknown at current
::Author's::

A man shrouded in shadows watches everything that is taking place in the Mirati household, his teeth gleaming as he grins. He swill the blood red wine around in the glass he holds.

"That's it, break the boy's will, make him nothing more than a hollow shell. Then we shall have that power, and all the realms will bow before us."

He laughs chillingly, taking a sip of his wine, then crushing the glass in his hand and throwing the shards to the ground.

"You will bring another glass of wine servant! Tell those incompetent weaklings in the kitchen to pour the finest aged from my stores!"

The girl child swathed in rags, kneeling at his feet, nods. Her eyes are blank with no emotion as she stands and walks to the exit, her dusty feet, bare, crushing the glass and leaving a twin trail of bloody prints as she disappears from sight into the darkness of the cold hall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Glossary/Footnotes/Pronounciations

{1} Nikaji pronounced 'knee-kaa-'g'

{2}Eyji pronounced 'a-g'

{3} Far as I'm concerned Marisa Bar is made up and in the vicinity of where they live, also Nikaji, being 15, isn't allowed to be in a bar.

Anaki: New ficcie!

RC#16: Why?

Anaki: I was bored, shut your piehole.

RC#16: -sigh- Review if you must.