Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Cursed One ❯ The Curse ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Curse

still so short... this computer must hate me.

Disclaimer: please understand that until I write something that is not a fanfic I will not own anything.

you know what I'm talking about

______________________________________________

"Wel l what is going to kill you if not those wounds? They look quite bad for a human, to survive without treatment." Kurama comments, as if he were inquiring after the weather. Elyion's eyes widen as if she was insane and about to go violent. "Shut up! What gives you the right to be able to do this to me?! I thought that death would come easily, but you have to... to..." Elyion starts crying, head in hands. Yusuke moves closer to her, and receiving no resistance, puts a hand on her shoulder. Then removes it almost at once, since she has a remarkabley high fever. Higher, indeed, than a normal human could survive. "Damn girl you should be dead from that fever if anything." Yusuke says, surprised. Elyion narrows her eyes "Yes, I know. However, I won't die for a few months yet, then in great pain and misery at the knowledge that I am alone in all the worlds." Elyion recites as if from some caustic memory, then she laughs hysterically.

The detectives edging away from the still maniacal Elyion, whisper to each other "Do you think that she might be helped?" queries a concerned Kurama. Yusuke replies "Well despite her suicidal behavior she seemed sane enough for most of the time. I think that maybe we should try to bring her to Koenma even if she isn't Chikuso. She might know something about Chikuso that would help us.", Kuwabara then states "But how are we supposed to do that? She can't walk on those legs and she's too feverish for us to carry." "Well Hiei could carry her, after all he is a fire demon and should be used to high temperatures. But I'd be worried that he might kill her for insulting him." Kurama suggests. Unexpectedly, "Hn, I'll carry the little human for you." offers Hiei with a glint in his eyes suggesting that some sort of payment is in order for his service. The others, taken aback say "Well that's very...generous."

============ Later ===========

"Why are you so intent on keeping me alive? Especially when it won't do any good, anyway." Elyion asks as she is carried, bridal style, toward Koenma's castle by Hiei. "Hn. What do you care?"

"I care because I don't know whats happening and I want to know and you won't tell me! Who the hell are you anyway? You never said who you are." Elyion says crossly.

"You talk too much, human." states Hiei. Elyion ignores him and asks "Who are you then?" "Hiei." "With a jagan eye as well." Elyion taps his forehead and giggles as he flinchs. "Don't touch that, it will kill you even if I don't." Hiei states. "And how do you know I won't welcome that?" asks Elyion, completely serious. "I don't. But most humans don't welcome death." Hiei says after a moment.

========== At Koenma's castle ========

Hiei sets down Elyion on a pallet in Koenma's office, the toddler looking on. Seeing this Elyion snarled at him "What do you want? Me to answer your stupid, pitiful little questions? Well its not gonna happen anytime soon, you overgrown baby.", hearing this Hiei snickers. "Why don't we save the insults until Yusuke and the others get here?" Koenma says tiredly. "Fine since it doesn't look like anyones going to kill me anytime soon." Koenma just looks even more harrassed and thinks 'great a suicidal girl is laying bleeding on my office floor. bet she even insulted Hiei on the way here. its a wonder she got here alive.'

They did not have to wait long. The detectives came in mere minutes later and sat down in the chairs arranged for them. "So, what do you want with me, urchin?" Elyion says when everyone is seated. "Nothing. Yusuke brought you here ask him." Koenma looks more haggard than ever. Elyion turns expectantly towards Yusuke. "We thought that it would help with the search for Chikuso. That you might be willing to answer some questions, since you seem to know alot about her." the answer came from Kurama instead of Yusuke.

Suddenly a knock rings out from the doors and a bright young kitsune comes in carrying a large book. "Koenma, sir, I brought you the information on new soul-stealers in the realms. It doesn't look as if Chikuso is in the list anywhere so I just brought to see if maybe you see something I didn't." pauses then looks around "Oh, did I come at a bad time? Sorry, minna-san!" the kitsune doesn't seem at all surprised to see such a motley group assembled in Koenma's office. "Thank you, Kima, you may go." the kitsune, Kima, flits out of the office and back down the hallway. Flipping open the book, Koenma scans it for mention of Chikuso. Seeing nothing but one name he recites it, and the summary that goes along with it. "Elyion Anima-Clepta, a new soul-stealer and is cursed to be so. Not much is known other than she is adept at making soul-gems."

______________________________________________

I think this one might be longer. thank you for reveiwing it, Dawnella.