Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Reaper ❯ Day of Evolution, X and Master Revealed ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Do I have to say it by now. **gets a message in his ear-piece** right, okay. I guess I do have to do this. I don't own Zoids, TOMY, and I believe Sunrise owns it.

Welcome one and all to what may or may not be the final chapter. In this chapter two new Zoids emerge, guess where they came from. You've probably already guessed. But hey, last chapter Nate defeated the Iron Saurer and his uncle Daken. Sorry for having to destroy both bases, but it had to be done. Besides with the insurance money Toros can pay off their debts, buy Eric his Genosaurer, and probably get a Whale King. But back to last chapter, I wish I could have told you what happened to Isalina while she was visiting her grandmother. The Backdraft will most likely never be heard from again. After having their most powerful Zoids defeated time after time, they gave up. Did I fool you, if I did then I hope you shame yourselves. The Backdraft give up? That's just not possible, it's not logical either.

Chapter 14: Day of Evolution, X and Master Revealed

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*

Time: Noon

Place: Zeros Whale King

Date: 1 week later

Nate sat on top of the Whale King, looking up at the sky. He wondered when Tenchi was going to come after him. `Hopefully it will be during a Zoid battle,' he though smiling, `then the judge sattelite can blow his ship out of the sky. Not even royalty is allowed to mess with a Zoid battle.' He stood and limped back inside the hatch. Down a small ladder that led to the hangar. Inside the hangar Isa was putting the Scield armor on the Liger. He reached over and grabbed a cane.

(A/N: You'll know why later.)

"Hey Dad," she said as he walked past, "When do you think I could try this out?"

"I'll set up a battle for you," he said stopping to admire the gold armor. He figured it was a good thing that those blades could be put on the Stelan as well. "What team do you want to battle?"

"I wanna fight the Grapple team," she said. She had seen the "Grapplers" in action earlier that day. A powerful team made up of three Iron Kongs. Their main advantage was their size, but a major disadvantage was their speed and their inability to work as a team. They usually just split up and fight individually.

"Sure thing, I'll contact the Zoids Battle Commission now," Nate said. "Which armor do you want to use?"

"The Stelan, I'll catch them completely off guard," she patted the Liger's foot.

"Good choice," he kept walking and Isa followed him. "Lunch time."

As the two of them entered the kitchen they saw the temporary residence of the Whale King. The Blitz team members. Toros was going over an order form for a Genosaurer, Eric was watching him, Bit was reading the newspaper, and Leena wasn't in the room. Nate figured she was in the kitchen helping Mayuka. Bit took a sip of his coffee and instantly spit it out.

"What?" Toros asked leaning over to look at the coffee soaked paper. "Uh, Nate, I think you should look at this."

Nate stepped over and read the article out loud.

"By order of the Emperor of Jurai a bounty has been placed on the Zeros team. The bounty is 750 million woolongs to whoever brings Nate Sindel to planet Jurai, alive," he laughed at the thought of the great emperor placing a bounty on him. He laughed at the futility of it, no man would dare mess around with him or his family. He read on, "It is to the Royal families great dismay that the Zoids Battle Commission has turned down the order of the Emperor. Zi is not in the jurisdiction of Jurai, therefore, any attempt on Sindel's life, or the lives of his family, will be punishable by death. Do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars."

"They'll be after you Nate," Bit said laughing at Nate's joke. Then he looked at the last line, it actually said, `Do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars'.

"That's the least of my worries. The fool has no idea what even goes on here."

"Nate, don't call my father a fool," Mayuka said walking in with a plate of sandwiches. "We all know he's just protective."

"Overly protective," Nate corrected.

"Dad, I don't ever want to leave Zi, no matter what," Isa said taking her seat at the table. "Jurai doesn't sound like a fun place. From what you say there's nothing to do."

"There isn't Isa, the Royal family has servants to do everything for them," Mayuka said. "And it seems like Dad has become a bit obsessed with the power he has."

"They always do, power can go to anyone's head, it just takes time," Toros said finishing the order form. "I should really thank that bastard who destroyed my base. With all this money I can pay off our debts, buy Eric his Zoid, and get a new base."

"What about the hover cargo, you still have that," Isa said, "it's downstairs in the hangar."

"That's just a transporter."

"But it costs less to maintain that than it does to maintain a base," Nate said.

"A team needs a base of operations though," Leena said stepping into the dining area.

"Then go live with Jamie and Danni. I'm sure they wouldn't mind."

It's true, Jamie and Danni, after dating for three years, moved in together. I'm sure some of you had figured out that Jamie moved out. Technically he's still part of the Blitz team, he just lives 100 miles away. They were getting married in two months. According to Jamie the sex is great.

The screen started to beep, snapping them all out of their thoughts.

<<Attention members of the Blitz team,>> a ZBC representative said as his face appeared, <<I have a challenge for you from the Crusher team in Battle Mode 0983. Do you accept?>>

"You bet we accept," Bit said jumping from his seat. "Battle Mode 0983, both teams can use any number of Zoids they want. No restrictions on arsenals."

<<I am sending you the information now.>>

The Crusher team, a one person team with a pretty powerful and rare Zoid. The sole member of team is Renee Narza, a girl. Her Zoid, a Gungyarados, if you don't know what that is, look it up on Google. This dragon Zoid has immense power, both on the ground, and in the air. On its back is an integrated Plasma Particle Cannon. At the tip of its tail is a blade drill.

(A/N: It is hard to explain the way the Gungyarados looks, so I'm going to upload a picture.)

Gungyarados, dragon type, developed by the Guylos Empire to replace the Gilvader. Smaller and lighter than its predecessor, it is heavily armed and extremely fast. Capable of reaching speeds of up to mach 4.5, and still be highly maneuverable. The high-tensile steel claws and tail drill, along with the PPC on it's back make it a formidable opponent to any enemy.

"A Gungyarados?" Leena said staring at the dragon on the screen. "How in hell are we gonna beat that?"

"We're gonna need Jamie to go out there with his Raynos," Toros tapped the small scrolling icon. "But if this Zoid can go at mach 4.5, then it's even a match for the Raynos. You know the Raynos only goes mach 3.3."

"We could always try the catapult trick again," Bit suggested. He was remembering when he used the Schneider to take out Layon's Whale King.

"It might work, but you'd be down and out if she broke the sound barrier," Leena told him biting into one of her sandwiches.

"You could always use a different Zoid," Nate said. "If you read the information you'll see that the battle isn't for another week. Order something fast and maneuverable."

"But our fastest Zoid is the Raynos, what's better than that?"

Nate sighed at their lack of knowledge.

"There are better Zoids."

"Like what?" Bit asked curiously leaning forward.

"The Storm Sworder can reach a speed of mach 4.5; same as the Gungyarados. I would have to suggest you contact Pierce."

"She's not a registered member of the Blitz team," Toros commented then his eyes were opened. "I see, have Jamie pilot the Storm Sworder. He'll be able to take that Gungyarados down in no time."

Nate nodded, "Exactly."

*****

Time: 2:30 PM

Place: Hemeros base, Blitz 2

Date: later that day

The Whale King landed outside a few meters from the front door. Jamie opened the front and stood there wiping a plate. They had already talked to Pierce, she had agreed to lend Jamie the Storm Sworder, and Jamie had agreed to pilot it. They stepped out of the Whale King and waked towards Jamie.

"Hey guys, sorry about what happened," he said hanging his head slightly. He felt bad about not being there with his teammates.

"It's okay Jamie," Toros said placing his hand on Jamie's shoulder. "We know you would have helped if you could."

"Yeah Jamie, you'll always be a part of the Blitz team," Leena chimed in. "I hope your up to this Jamie, it's not going to be easy to take down this Zoid."

"Nate, are you alright, can I get you anything?" Danni asked running out the door to her cousin. "I saw what happened between you and that other Zoid, the whole planet did."

"I'm fine, just a little tired," Nate said being supported by Mayuka. Number 1 shells drain much more energy than number 4s. That, combined with the cannon assault, had confined him to bed for five days. Danni quickly put his other arm around her shoulders.

"Doc, I want you to know that you always have a home here," Jamie informed Toros.

"Thanks Jamie," Toros replied thinking, `That saves me the trouble of asking.'

Together they all went inside to sit and talk. The base was pretty much an exact replica of the Toros base (Blitz 1), except slightly smaller. It was cool inside, cool as in cold. This was a good thing, since the temperature outside was rising to over 100 degrees. It was also more like a home. It had larger bedrooms than Blitz 1, a larger kitchen, for all the cooking Jamie did, a dining area integrated with the kitchen, and a separate, larger dining area. The hangar was slightly smaller than the first base, only holding between seven or eight Zoids, instead of the estimated 10 or 12 that the other could hold.

Jamie led them into the round sitting room, unlike the first base, which only had two couches, this room had two couches, three chairs, and a large round table. Okay, the only difference is the three chairs, but it's still different. He turned on the large screen that now showed the information on the Gungyarados. It truly was a fearsome Zoid, but at least it wasn't a Gilvader. Gilvaders are just as fast and maneuverable, but are large, and hard to control. It takes a very experienced pilot to handle of these. The Gilvader was to be a flying type of Deathsaurer, seeing as how it has a CPC.

"How could someone like this have such a powerful Zoid, and us not know about it?" Jamie asked himself, though he was overheard.

"She's the one who won the Royal Cup Tournament four years before I won it," Nate said holding his chest, like it was hard to breathe. "Amazing power that Zoid had, at least, that's what I heard. I wasn't on Zi at the time, but I caught up on history pretty fast."

"It always was your best subject, or so you've told me," Mayuka grinned. Nate just placed a hand on the back of his head and looked at the floor.

"I don't care who that warrior thinks she is, Renee Narza is going down," Bit exclaimed, jumping out of his chair. Just then the screen changed from the Zoid information to a face.

The face was of a woman, a woman in her early thirties. She had long jet-black hair, all of it pulled back into a braid. There was a wild look in her red eyes, her blood red eyes. Her lips curled into a smile, almost a smirk, but it was a smile. She had a slim face, with high cheekbones, and a rounded chin. There was something about her, maybe the long scar down her cheek, but there was something freaky about her.

"Greetings Blitz team," she said her voice soft as silk, yet forceful as…uh… insert forceful object here . I can't think of anything, just think of the most forceful thing you know. Like madlibs hehehe. "I am Renee Narza, most likely you have received my challenge already. I hope that you can find something strong enough to defeat me and Gungyarados." The was a roar/hiss in the background, that's when her smile became a smirk. The screen went back to the Zoid info before anyone could say anything in response.

Bit stood and walked out of the room, heading for the hangar. The Zoids were already there, Nate had unloaded them before going inside. He noticed Leena had followed him. Something as powerful as the Zoid they were facing should not be taken lightly.

"It won't end like this, right Liger?" Bit asked the Zoid before him. Liger Zero roared in response, Bit smiled and stepped forward to check that the armor was in top condition. "Let's go for a run." Liger roared again. "Take the Schneider, okay whatever you say."

He got into the cockpit and walked the Liger to the hover cargo. Automatic systems changed the armor to the orange Schneider. The Liger ran out of the access hatch and started across the desert. Leena had gotten into her Gun Sniper to do a systems check when she saw Bit and the Schneider go for a run. Figuring this was one of the best times to be alone with him, she mobilized her Sniper.

"They had better be ready for this," Nate said watching them run while he leaned against the wall. "Now Bit, you'll know what I go through."

He was about to turn around when a strange glow caught his eye. Two glowing objects speeded past the hangar doors. The glowing objects stopped and just stood there. A large, swirling dome extended itself from, what he figured them to be, the glowing Zoids. He stepped forward to the larger dome, and pressed his hand against it. He felt a conscience inside, no wait, two consciences. This must be the Liger Zero, the two consciences are Bit and the Liger's Organoid system. The other dome must contain Leena and her Gun Sniper.

"Nate, what's going on?" Danni asked running up the others not far behind.

"What is that?"

"Where are Bit and Leena?"

"Wow, that looks so cool!" Isa and Eric.

"These contain the Liger and the Gun Sniper," Toros said stepping up next to Nate.

"Yes."

"So, the Liger and the Sniper are evolving?" Jamie asked placing his hand on his chin.

"Yes."

The only thing left to do was wait.

*****

Time: 10 PM

Nate and Mayuka sat on the ground watching the swirling domes of light. Everyone else had gotten bored and went inside. It was understandable that the others went inside, they couldn't feel the amount of power coursing through the larger dome. Nate understood perfectly well what was happening here, he also knew that they were taking all the time they needed. Ronak evolved in the heat of battle, therefore he wasn't completely evolved, but he would be soon.

"What do you think is going to come out of there?" Mayuka asked leaning against his shoulder.

"The Gun Sniper will become a Snipe Master," he said, "but the Liger Zero is a different story. I don't know what's going to come out. And with the Schneider attached it will be powerful."

"Could it become a threat?"

"It could be a threat, if Bit can't handle that power. But I think he's been with the Liger long enough," he stood, with Mayuka's help, and walked over to the smaller dome. Placing his hand against it he felt Leena's presence as strong as ever. Their Zoids must have been giving them energy to survive.

They walked towards the Whale King and went inside. They didn't want to intrude on Jamie by taking up space. They walked down a long, long hallway to the room just below the command deck. There they got into a bed and went to sleep, knowing that it would take at least another 12 hours till the Zoids were finished evolving.

*****

Time: 10 PM

Place: CLASSIFIED

"Sire, the Ultimate X and the Gun Sniper are being shielded by some sort of energy field," on of the subordinates said.

"That does not matter, Peters," a cloaked figure said. "We will soon have a very powerful Zoid under our control. One that will crush them both."

The figure swept out of the room, a long black cape whipping behind him. He walked down a dark and barely lit hallway, emerging into a well-lit hangar. Standing in front of him were 20 Gun Blusters, 20 Gilvaders, 50 Iguans, 10 Mad Thunders, 50 Gun Blusters, 5 Dark Spiners, 5 Blade Raptors, 150 Rev Raptors, 200 Sinkers, 10 Genosaurers, 4 Godkaisers, and 2 Storm Fuhrers. A Storm Fuhrer is a Berserk Fury with a storm unit in place of its normal array blades (A/N: Look up Channel Zi on yahoo, and go to the customized parts section. Last selection on the list. It's hard to describe and I don't have a picture.)

"The Zenebas Empire will rise again!" the cloaked figure yelled spreading his arms wide in a fashion of pride.

*****

Time: 11 AM

Place: Blitz 2

Date: next day

Nate stood outside the Whale King, still watching the domes. He was feeling stronger and was getting around on his own. Stepping forward he placed a hand against the larger dome. As soon as his hand touched the light, it slowly receded, from the top down. Bit by bit the new Zoid was exposed. When it was fully revealed, it looked like the Liger Zero. A few things were different though, for one thing it was blue instead of the orange of the Schneider. On its back were two large gold blades, and just under those, on its haunches, were two small ion boosters. All the parts that were white were now gold, and the teeth and claws were a silverish-steel color. The armor was now like a Blade Liger's. Its head was more angular, and the armor piece on the bottom of its neck was frayed. On its shoulders and hind legs were small, gold blades. The two blades on its tail were gold and pointed back instead of to the side. (See picture for a better idea of what I'm saying.)

"Liger Zero X," he whispered a sudden realization of what it was. he had no idea why he called it that, but it seemed to fit.

The cockpit opened and Bit stood up, looking as if he just had the best night's sleep of his life. Then he looked down.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LIGER?" he yelled almost losing his balance. "Nate, what happened, seriously."

"Liger Zero evolved, it happens," Nate said shrugging. "You sure are taking it hard."

Bit was now on the ground crying about his beautiful white Liger, and how he'll never see it again. Looking up he saw the second dome of light and figured who was inside.

"Is the Gun Sniper evolving too?" he asked staring at the light. Nate just nodded.

"Bit are you okay," Toros asked running from the door. "Why hasn't the Sniper emerged yet?"

"Maybe the Organoid system in the Liger sped up the transformation," was Nate's best guess.

"I guess the conversion parts won't be of any use to us now," Jamie said.

"Nate, are you okay, do you want to lean on my shoulder?" Danni asked running up to him.

"Nah, I'm fine."

"Woah, look at the Liger."

Nate drooped his head slightly.

"Bit what was the last thing you told the Liger?" he asked.

"That we have to be at our very best to beat the Gungyarados, and that I wish we were stronger," bit said hugging the Liger's foot. "You evolved just for me didn'cha Liger?"

"I did some research on the Snipe Master," Toros said, "it seems you need one person to pilot it and fire the forward guns, but you need another person to fire the sniper cannon."

"I guess you'll need my services then," a familiar voice said as its owner stepped around the dome of light.

"Naomi, why are you here?" Mayuka asked stepping out of the Whale King.

"We were coming for a visit and saw the lights," Brad said following Naomi.

After a few minutes of reminiscing they all went inside, with the exception of Nate, who said he wasn't hungry. He climbed up onto the Liger Zero X and looked into the cockpit. It looked like the inside of the Schneider, but it had different controls. He sat in the chair and placed his hand on the center of the console. The Liger made a noise like a contented growl. He was about to get out when the cockpit closed.

"So, you want to talk?"

**growl**

"I thought so, why did you evolve, really?"

**growl**

"Hm, so it was your time. You knew what you would evolve into, so you wanted to be prepared. Interesting, " the cockpit opened and he jumped out. "Good talking to ya."

Turning to the Gun Sniper, he wondered what was taking so long. It shouldn't take more than 24 hours, and it had already been 23 since it first formed that cocoon. He watched as it turned into a crystalline form, with small bands of mist circling the way up from the ground. It was in its final stages, soon it would b more powerful than it ever was. After checking that no one was around he walked to the hangar door and opened it.

"Yo, Liger, you should get in the hangar," he yelled to the Liger Zero X. The Zoid complied and walked into the hangar. It walked with a slight strut; body low, shoulders hunched, blades slightly raised.

He closed the door and walked into the round living room.

"What took you?" Bit asked somewhat worried about his wife.

"Nothing, it'll be about another hour," he said taking a seat on the floor. He was still a kid at heart, so he liked sitting on the floor.

"That's good to hear," Toros said. "I'm glad we have an expert like you here."

"Actually, it's my mother that was the expert."

There was a sound from outside, a sound like shattering glass.

TBC

I had to end it here because this chapter is taking me too long to write, and I know how much you all love my story. I had to put Brad and Naomi in the story somehow. Anyway next chapter is the battle between Isalina and the Grappler team, and the Blitz team against the Crusher team. Can Renee be trusted as a friend and ally, or is she in league with the Zenebas? What Zoid was the cloaked figure talking about? I know I said that the Snipe Master would be in this chapter, but it will be in the next chapter.