Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction / Vandread Fan Fiction ❯ ZoidDread ❯ Wanderers ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Author's notes and introduction:
 
This is my second Vandread crossover project to date. I have been cooking this idea for several months actually. This is also my first attempt at making a non-harem type anime story.
 
I'll give you some data. Harem anime is basically about a character who may not look like it at first but, he turns out to be really talented in different departments and can score big time with girls and gets several women vying for his affections. These characters could be like: Kenshin Himura from Samurai X, Makoto Mizuharu from El Hazard, Kazuki Yotsuga from Dual, Rukawa Kaede from Slam Dunk, Hibiki Tokai from Vandread itself, Shun Ukiya from Gate Keepers, Ranma Saotome from Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Masaki from Tenchi Muyo, and other good animes.
 
Now personally I love this genre of animation, but I sometimes get bored with the idea, no matter how outrageously funny it is. So this is my second project to date.
 
In this new story I dabble with one of my favorite shows, which is none other than Zoids. Now Zoids and Vandread may seem at first not to have anything in common, but with a little changes and alterations here and there I just might fit something in.
 
I gathered some data from the three seasons of Zoids, those being Chaotic Century, Guardian Force, and New Century Zero. This basically takes place somewhere between the end of the second season and the beginning of the third season of Zoids, but is totally separated from the show itself.
 
Here we go folks, the Prologue of ZoidDread.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
ZoidDread
 
Disclaimer: Dreads from VanDread don't belong to me, and neither do the Ligers of Zoids. But I wish they did! (Sob!)
 
Wanderers…
 
<" " >= Organoid languages
 
It had been several years since the final destruction of the enhanced DeathSaurer. Van Flyheight, the leader of the Guardian Force, and his Blade Liger succeeded in defeating the mammoth monster with assistance of both the Republic and the Empire's armed forces. With the preservation of the Zoid Eve and the freedom given to all the Zoids on planet Zi now meant that the metallic life-forms were now free in all aspects. Both sides rejoiced for the return of peace on all areas of their home-planet.
 
It had been several years since that time, that Van and his long-time love, the Zoidian woman named Fiona Alisse Lynette were married in holy matrimony in the village of Van's birth, the Wind Colony. In attendance were Irvine and his own wife Moonbay, Emperor Rudolph and his fiancée Marianne, President Camford and her son Major Rob Herman, Colonel Krueger, Van's sister Maria, Colonel Carl Shubaltz and his younger brother Thomas, Rosso and Viola the Emperor's long time body guards, Van and Fiona's long-time companion the Organoid Zeke, and most surprising of all the guests was Van's long time rival and soon to become close friend Raven and Raven's own wife Ryss and their own Organoids Shadow and Specula.
 
After that, long decades passed as the Empire and the Republic went on to rebuild their shattered countries and cities from the destruction caused by the renegade Zoidian warrior Hiltz and from those who aligned with the maniac.
 
As the years rolled on, Van and Fiona's children were blessed with special abilities, one of them was to be able to communicate with Zoids and understand them all through mental links. Raven and Ryss's own children gained those gifts as well as they grew up. The planet Zi underwent many changes over the years…
 
To one of those events…
 
“Man! Digging up these old ruins sure makes me hungry!" A young man complained as he wore the uniform of a Republic soldier and was busy eating away at his packed lunch.
 
“Hah, from the way I hear it Alex, you were always hungry! By the way how's your wife?" Another man asked as he rested, drinking a bottle of water.
 
“Mara's doing fine; she's busy taking care of the kids, including our third son, six-year-old Lance."
 
“Three already huh? You'll pretty lucky you know, a lot of the guys back at barracks at Mesa Seven Base were really jealous when they found out you got to marry Mara, and she's a real looker for an elite Zoid pilot. The way I hear it is, she's somehow related to the legendary pilot Van Flyheight."
 
“I know about that, and frankly I don't really mind that. She's really nice and kind-hearted, despite all those years with the elite forces, the time she spent there haven't removed that it seems, and I didn't marry her just because she's related to the Flyheight family."
 
“I know."
 
“Besides that, I've met Mara before…"
 
“Really? Where did you meet that babe?"
 
“Back at New Helic City, she moved there with her folks a couple of years before she joined the elite forces. Me, I was a young orphan on the streets, my parents were killed long ago, and I've lived most of my life trying to survive until I was six. Her folks found me and took me in, so I've spent half of my growing years with Mara. When I was old enough I decided to live with my grand-parents who survived out at Wind Fall City out north. I stayed there until I joined with the army."
 
“I see, so you've known Mara for some time now, No wonder we were all shocked when she came over and gave you a hug. We didn't know that you knew her for that long. So she really likes you huh?"
 
Alex nodded. “Yeah Mick, I've actually been in love with her all the time when I lived with her and her folks. And when I asked her out, I was totally caught off guard when she kissed me right on the lips!"
 
Mick smiled a bit as he recalled all the Evil Eye glares his buddy got when that incident happened. Some of the other soldiers were ready to kill Alex when that happened. “Yeah, talk about a whirlwind romance eh?"
 
“Yeah, no kidding. And since then I've been real happy with her. I mean she's a good cook, she's always smiling, she's gutsy and real intelligent, and real good at taking care of the kids. I really feel like a real lucky guy."
 
“You are… Well, let's get back to work!" Mick called out as he got back into his Gojula to continue excavations.
 
Alex sighed a bit. < I've really got to thank Mara for the meal today. > He got on his own Zoid as they went back to their excavations.
 
Alex Reinhart was a young but well talented pilot at the age of 26. He was tall at the height of 6'5 and had deep black hair and deep green eyes, which was in a long ponytail on the back. He was well built, with a lean and well-muscled frame. He had joined the Republic Army several years ago, and was an excellent pilot when it came to battles and teamwork type missions. He excelled in commanding the Shield Liger Zoid and had his own customized version of the mecha, which was in deep gray and white, and happened to be near the excavation site where he was working.
 
“You think that we'll really find anything else here Alex?"
 
“Yeah, I guess so. Rumors are that there are some really valuable artifacts here that could be really helpful, let's just hope that there aren't any bandits in this area. Mara told me that both the Empire and the Republic want the artifacts studied and away from any wise-guys who can cause some real damage with them."
 
“Like what? Organoids? Those creatures are really hard to find you know, plus there haven't been any sightings of those types of Zoids anymore."
 
“You'll never know man…"
 
Before anything could happen, a whistling sound of an artillery shell came out from the air.
 
BOOM!
 
“ALERT! ALERT! INCOMING THREATS ON THE SOUTHERN SECTOR!"
 
Alex and Mick turned to view the threat… It was a band of renegades piloting Zoids that were Rev Raptors. Even though peace was now a reality, there still some elements in the world that wanted to cause mayhem and destruction, though now they didn't have a strong leader to really give them orders.
 
“ALL PILOTS TO COMBAT STATIONS! BOARD YOUR ZOIDS!"
 
Alex and Mick along with several other pilots immediately rushed to their individual Zoids. Mick Cassidy, Alex's long-time friend in the academy boarded his own Zoid which was a Guysack Scorpion Zoid. Alex quickly boarded his Liger and began to power up his weapons and defensive shield.
 
“Alex! We've got to keep those bandits from raiding the ruins!" Mick shouted as he moved out alongside his comrades, who piloted an assortment of Zoids, Empire manufactured Mojulas and Republic Command Wolves.
 
“I hear you, okay you bandits, here we go!" Alex shouted as he charged deep into fray, with his Liger's shield online and deflecting any incoming fire from the Raptors, and coming with him were his comrades.
 
Alex dodged the blade scythe of one of the Raptors and ripped its right claw-arm off with his Liger's teeth. Managing to move away before the other bandits could corner him, he moved to a safer position and began to shoot missiles at the other Raptors, tossing the desert area into a battle-zone as his unit and the bandit group fought it out. Some of the Raptors were hit but they were replaced by several more of the bandits as they began to advance towards the Republic-Empire forces. It was then that one of the Command Wolves was hit by what appeared to be a sniper round.
 
“THEY"VE GOT A GUN SNIPER!"
 
Alex immediately turned his Liger around and began to search for the Zoid that took down his comrade pilot… < Where the hell is he?> another round was fired and one of the Mojulas was hit real hard at the side…
 
“AAARRRGGGHHH!" Shouted the pilot inside the insect-type Zoid.
 
“THERE! I SEE HIM! HE'S HIDING BEHIND THE RUINS!" One of the other pilots shouted as he spotted the Raptor type Zoid, aiming at them with its Tail Gun.
 
“That guy must have sneaked in while his buddies were keeping us occupied!" Mick shouted as he managed to clip out another Rev Raptor.
 
“I'll get him!" Alex shouted as he dashed back to where the ruins were, placing his Shield Liger's barrier on full power to deflect the incoming rounds. He rushed in hoping to take down the threat before it could attack his other comrades.
 
Inside the Gun Sniper, the bandit screamed in frustration as he continued to fire more sniper rounds at the incoming gray and white Shield Liger, but with the barrier online and it's quick movements, it was hard to try and hit the incoming Lion-type Zoid. Gun Sniper pilots had to be expert marksmen in order to take out other Zoids, especially those that were mobile, apparently this one was only good at handling Zoids that were in deep battle and weren't going after him.
 
“AAARRRRGGGGHHH!"
 
The bandit had enough time to shout in frustration and despair, as Alex's Liger leaped in and ripped the Tail Gun right off, totally disabling the threat. Gun Snipers were effective at long range but were totally ineffective in close range battles. The other Rev Raptors suddenly stopped attacking and began to retreat, falling back slowly but were being supported by what seemed to be a Cannon Tortoise Zoid.
 
One shell managed to lob over the distance and was aimed at…
 
“ALEX! GET OUT OF THERE!"
 
Alex managed to move out of the way, but unfortunately the round still clipped the side of his Liger, where its shield was weaker. The Liger was tossed over its side and slammed into the side of the ruins, which then collapsed as its hidden roof gave way to the weight of the Shield Liger and the Gun Sniper…
 
--------------
 
“WHOA!"
 
That was all Alex could say as his Liger collapsed into the floor of the ruins. With a massive thud and a cloud of dust and small debris the Liger laid down on its side, causing the Zoid to eject its pilot. He was then tossed out of his Zoid's cockpit and landed on his back.
 
He lay there for a few moments and found his shoulder dislocated from the landing and the bruising from the explosion while he was inside his cockpit. Grimacing in pain, the young pilot stood up and began to look around, the place he was in resembled a massive hallway… he saw that there wasn't any indication of anything living in the area…
 
“Freeze!"
Alex turned and saw the bandit he defeated aiming a pistol at him. “You really messed up my Zoid, you Republican lackey!"
 
“You and your pack made the first move, we just returned it."
 
“Shut up! I'm going to take you as my hostage, and if you even try anything, I'll kill you!" The bandit said, still aiming his pistol right at Alex as he moved closer…
 
“RRRROOOORRR!" Came a faint sound.
 
“What the hell?!" The bandit shouted as he turned around. Alex didn't know what the maker of that sound was, but he didn't plan to wind up as the hostage of this low-life bandit. Rushing forward, the young pilot tackled the man and managed to knock the gun out of his hand. They struggled for a while, and though Alex was an expert fighter, his injury was wearing him down; the bandit noticed this and began pounding on the injured shoulder.
 
“AAAUUGGHH!" Alex shouted in pain as his shoulder flared up. The man then knocked him down with a sweep kick, and immediately took his gun and aimed it at Alex who held his shoulder.
 
“Never mind the hostage idea! I'll kill you now!"
 
< Mara… Brandon, Scott, Lance, I'm sorry…> was all Alex could say as he thought of his wife and three sons, but the before the bandit could pull the trigger, a shadowy figure appeared.
 
“RRRROOOOAAAAR!" The shadow growled menacingly as the bandit turned… and found himself staring at a pair of glowing blue eyes.
 
 
“AAAAHHHH!" The man yelled as he turned and aimed his weapon at the figure, but suddenly found his weapon in the mouth of another shadowy figure, this time with glowing green eyes…. He screamed again as he released his weapon and watched the creature eat it, he then spotted the two figures joined by another shadowy form, and this one had deep violet glowing eyes. The man totally panicked and ran, and in his terror didn't look at the way he was going, so naturally…
 
WHACK!
 
The man fell to the floor, unconscious and totally spaced out. Alex stood up and gazed at the figures. The three unknown creatures, stood at the height of small horses, roughly reaching the upper area of Alex's chest, and seemed to be acting like animals.
 
“Who or what are you?" Alex asked, totally unafraid of the situation he found himself in as he gazed at his rescuers.
 
The three forms came right into the light… The three creatures resembled dinosaurs, metallic dinosaurs at that. The one with blue eyes was in a shade of deep green armor skin and seemed to have two horns curving backwards on the sides of it's head, it's arms were not that large or small, but was of the right size with claws. The other one with green eyes was in pale yellow armor skin and had horn like protrusions running down its back which were crystal like and glowed with a comforting green light. The last one with violet glowing eyes was in blue armor skin and had a pair of curving tusks on the sides of its mouth.
 
Alex gasped… “Organoids!"
 
The three organic Zoids walked over to the astonished pilot and greeted him with low growls. Alex looked at the Organoids with a bit of surprise as they didn't attack him at all. One of the Organoids, the blue skinned one glowed with a light white haze and moved its claw on Alex's injured arm, and the pilot was totally shocked as the pain in his shoulder disappeared without any feeling of soreness. He tested his arm and found it to be totally healed and moving at the right condition.
 
“Uhh… Thanks a lot."
 
The Organoids moved out and disappeared into the darkness once more. Alex tried to follow them, but he stopped as a voice called in.
 
“Alex! You okay man?" It was Mick, along with several other pilots who were part of their unit.
 
“Yeah! I'm down here." < Should I tell Mick and the others about the Organoids I saw down here? No I'd better not. >
 
-----------------
 
“I'm telling you there were monsters down there!!! I saw them!!!" The bandit screamed in hysteria as he and his lackeys were lead back into the prisoner transport that got dispatched from the nearby United Government base, which was Mesa Seven. The United Government composed of the Republic and Empire's main governing parties in the full restoration of peace on Zi.
 
“Yeah sure you did, and you can tell all the others back at the correction center." A guard near him said as he escorted the man.
 
The bandit was about to shout out even more, but was rushed into the transport and it sped out of sight. Mick and Alex rested near the ruins as they checked out the damage on Alex's Shield Liger that was lifted out by the Gojulas.
 
“Man Alex, you were sure lucky this time. The shell hit only a good distance away from you and your Liger. Any closer and the shrapnel would have passed through the shield and hit the cockpit!"
 
“No kidding…Owww." Alex said as he touched on large bruise near his hips.
 
“You okay? You took one nasty pummeling in your cockpit, and that nearly broke your ribs." Mick said as he and another fellow pilot who was also a medic checked their buddy's injuries.
 
“I'll be okay. I'm more worried about my Liger; I hope the mechanics can patch him up real soon."
 
“Don't worry about that little detail; the techs at Mesa Nine Depot will get him back in good shape." The medic said as he finished his checks. “Don't worry about your own injuries either; they'll heal in a week or so."
 
Alex nodded as he brushed his hand on the claws of his Zoid. “You'll be at the Depot for a while old buddy, don't worry about me, I'll be heading back home to Mara and the kids so you behave there okay?"
 
The Liger gave a low growl as it was towed to the Depot by a Gustav Zoid and escorted by several Command Wolves.
 
“You know something Alex, I sometimes wonder whether you got Zoidian blood in your veins, you talk to your Zoid and it responds back to you like a child." Mick said with a smile as he got into his Guysack. “Hey Alex, I'll give you a lift back to base, and you can take the jeep back home. I've got no doubts that Mara's already gotten wind of what happened here, so you'd better explain the details to her, or she'll grill the entire staff back at the base." He said while laughing at the last part.
 
“Yeah, don't I know it?" Alex sighed. Mara always watched out for him, even though he was an excellent pilot, though he didn't get promoted into the elite division like she did. But he liked that about his wife, she cares for the family.
 
As he got into the Guysack's cockpit he looked and hoped that the Organoids he met would be okay on their own. < Heh. What am I getting at, they're Organoids, they can take care of themselves, but I'm curious, why weren't there any capsules nearby that had any ancient Zoidians in them? >
 
Little did he know…
 
The Organoids looked over the ridge of the mountains they were scaling as they looked over to the place where they had been residing for years. The three of them had been released before, at least several years, along with their Zoidian companions, but during that time, they were sealed deep in the ruins during the war. To preserve their powers, their Zoidian companions fused with the Organoids and transported their powers and their innate strengths to the Organoids.
 
The blue one turned to its companions .<" Did you sense something about that pilot? ">
 
The pale gold one replied. < “I did, it seems that he has some bond with Zoids, it seems that he treats his Zoid with care. Not only that, he has a family to watch over, and he's quite courageous to battle that stranger with a dislocated shoulder. " >
 
The last one, the green skinned one gave a growl. < “I noticed something too; he seems ready to fight any enemy, remember, that he took on a Gun Sniper without any hesitation. He seems foolhardy, but he made the right decision to erect his barrier and move quickly to the sides. " >
 
< He has good potential, say why don't we follow him? We have no other place to go." >
 
The other Organoids nodded as they took off, activating their power thrusters as they flew outward following the Guysack.
 
-----------------
 
“Thanks for the lift." Alex said to his companion Felix Marcius, who took him back home to his wife and kids.
 
“No problem Alex." Felix said as he drove off.
 
Alex walked down the path of his home. It wasn't much but he saved enough money to buy the house which was only a short distance from him base and from the city of Nelfa Gorge. Nelfa Gorge was a new city and was bustling with activity as any city would have. Mara didn't care all that much about the home but helped in furbishing the place… and sure enough.
 
“ALEX!"
 
“Hey Mara, I'm home… ooofff!" Was all the pilot could say as he was tackled by his happy wife who wore her usual blue short sleeve tunic, with a pair of green cargo pants. He was lucky that he caught her before they fell down on the grass path.
 
Mara Reinhart was really a looker. She had light cream colored skin and had thick silky locks of chocolate brown hair that swayed in the sun and wind. Her body was like a perfect sculpture despite giving birth to three children, with the right measurements in all departments. Her eyes were a deep aquamarine and shined with happy tears to see her beloved husband back home. Her face was heart-shaped and totally flawless. She wasn't as tall as her husband at the height of 5'11 and was still young at the age 24. But despite her delicate looks, she was an effective and elite pilot when she came to the battlefield. Once she became Alex's wife, she joined the reservist unit.
 
“Mara, take it easy, I'm okay…" Alex said but didn't manage to hold a low groan as she hugged his ribs.
 
Mara moved away and gave him a deep glare. “Okay huh? Then why are you groaning a little?"
 
Alex sighed. “Okay, I got some bruised ribs all right. But I'm fine, really."
 
" Oh sure you were, that Cannon Tortoise nearly smashed through your Liger's shield, and you could have been cut up by shrapnel if the shards busted through the cockpit!"
 
“Where'd you hear of that?"
 
“I checked with the commander at your base, how else?"
 
“I see…" Alex smiled, looks like Mick was right about Mara again.
 
“Don't you smile at me like that Alex Reinhart! You could have been killed!"
 
“I know, but I don't care, as long as you and the kids are okay."
 
“Don't be sure about that, Brandon…" Mara was about to say more, but was silenced as her husband kissed her tenderly on the lips. Mara sighed as she placed her arms around her man's neck and drew him closer. She didn't have the heart to speak, until later… right now her hubby was kissing her.
 
After a minute or two of intense lip-lock the two separated. “Just because of that, don't expect me to totally forgive you for lying to me Alex."
 
“I don't expect you to honey, but I love it when you worry about me."
 
“Oooh! You're horrible sometimes! I wonder why you could be so relaxed after what happened." Mara said with a pout on her face.
 
“I know that, but I love you no matter what you say. You do know that?" Alex said with a tender smile.
 
“I do… I'm happy that you're home." Mara said with a simple smile as she and her husband walked back to their home.
 
“How are Brandon, Scott, and Lance?"
 
“They're okay, but you should know that Brandon had a feeling of you being in danger, and you know how accurate he is at that sometimes. That's how I knew something happened to you."
 
“Are his powers maturing that fast?"
 
“I guess so; but that power is the one he has so far, I'm not all that sure about Scott and Lance."
 
“I see, at any rate I'm happy to be with you and the kids again."
 
Alex and Mara entered the spacious and comfortable home. It had three floors and the bedrooms for their kids were at the second floor and theirs was only a foot away from their kids. The lower floor was where their living room, dining hall, and kitchen were. The second floor also had two bathrooms, one for the kids, and one more for him and his wife.
 
“DAD!" Brandon and his brothers shouted as they hugged their father.
 
Alex smiled as he looked at each of his kids.
 
Brandon was the oldest, at the age of 8 and had an intense looking pair of green eyes. His hair was like his mother's but was in a cropped short style, with a small yet long braid at the side of his head. He always acted as man of the house when he was left in charge of the household. He was tough and smart but loved his mom and brothers and his dad deeply. He also was taller than his brothers, but despite this he still had his youthful spirit.
 
Scott was the second oldest of Alex's kids at the age of 7. He had his mom's eyes, and had his dad's hair, which he wore in one long wave behind his head, but had the sides cropped short. He had the mind of his mom when it came to battle tactics, and always took that to account when he deals with some of the expenses of the house. He loved his family and did his best to work hard to help his brothers and parents.
 
Lance was the youngest of the three kids at his age of 6. If Brandon was the body, and Scott was the brains, then Lance was the heart. He always had both a cheerful and serious streak in him and it showed on both sides of his nature. He had his dad's hair that reached his shoulders and his eyes had both the shades of his mother and father, making his eyes blue-green. He gave happiness and enthusiasm when things were a bit hard; all in all he was loved dearly by his mom, dad, and brothers.
 
“Hi guys, did you all watch over mom while dad was away?"
 
“Yeah!"
 
“Good then! You all really did good tonight! Let's get some food." Alex said as he led his boys to the table.
 
Mara smiled as she watched her family move to the table. “Don't you all worry, dinner will be ready soon!"
 
-----------------
 
Later…
 
“It's good to see you and the kids again." Alex sighed as he gazed out the window of his bedroom, his wife near him in her nightgown, while he was dressed only in boxers.
 
“Yes, you've been gone nearly a whole week, I'm happy the commander gave you the next week off. Though nearly getting killed to get that break wasn't what I had in mind." Mara said with a smile. But then she felt something, her husband wasn't telling her everything. “Alex, you're not telling me everything about what happened this morning."
 
Alex smiled a bit. “I know, but I didn't feel like telling the Commander and Mick about what happened back there at the ruins."
 
“What do you mean?"
 
Alex sighed and told her about what had happened when his Liger and the bandit's Gun Sniper fell into the ruins.
 
“You mean that you saw Organoids?" Mara asked with wide eyes.
 
“Yeah, when I fell into the ruins, I didn't suffer just bruised ribs, but a dislocated shoulder, the Organoids scared that bandit witless that he smashed into the wall in a panic, then one of the Organoids just came to me and healed my arm completely. I didn't tell anyone, but I thought about telling you about this."
 
Mara thought about it. “Those Organoids must have been sealed in those ruins for some time, and when you came in they must have been able to find a way out. They thanked you by saving you and healing your arm. Though I've never heard of ruins holding three Organoids before. Did they do anything else?"
 
“No. They just ran off before I could follow them."
 
Alex sighed. “It doesn't matter now; all that matters to me is that I'm with you and the kids again."
 
“Yes, but I can't shake the feeling that we'll meet those Organoids again." Mara said as she and her husband kissed once more.
 
“Tomorrow or a year from now. It doesn't matter to me."
 
Mara smiled as they lay back on their bed, and when Alex turned off the light near them, bathing them in darkness.
 
-----------------
 
Mara and Alex woke up the next day, and got ready to work today. Despite being in the reservist unit Mara kept herself occupied with not only her chores at the house but also in a nearby repair depot near the base where her husband worked. She was not only an elite Zoid pilot but was an expert mechanic as well, having learned the trade when her folks traveled to many places before settling in New Helic City.
 
“Mara, you and the kids have been doing things when I was away?" Alex said as he wore a blue shirt and black pants.
 
Mara put on her overalls and other clothes while they were changing in their room. “Yeah, Brandon and his siblings help out in maintaining Zoid parts, and they've been getting good at them."
 
“I see, they didn't suffer any accidents?"
 
“No, you know, for kids their age they sure know how to handle Zoid parts."
 
“Maybe they got it from you." Alex smiled.
 
“Oh sure they did." Mara retorted with her own grin. That was when they got a knock on the door.
 
“Mom! Dad! Come out!" It was Scott who called as he pounded on the door.
 
Mara opened the door and looked at her middle son. “Scott, what is it honey?"
 
The young lad began to point outside through a window. “You've got to see this!"
 
The couple looked at each other and wondered just what had excited their middle child. Making a quick change, Mara placed her pistol in her hidden holster, while Alex got his own pistol and knife ready. They then followed their son to the backyard. Once they got there, they spotted Brandon and Lance staring at something. Alex and Mara gasped at what they saw…
 
It was the Organoids that Alex had met yesterday at the ruins. All of the Organoids began to walk towards the surprised couple and their kids.
 
Alex stepped forward and looked at each of the living Zoids with an unflinching eye. “What are you three doing here?" Mara moved forward and looked at the Organoids with a curious eye as well.
 
“Wow! What are they?" Lance asked as he looked at the Organoids.
 
“They're called Organoids Bro." Brandon answered for his youngest sibling.
 
“Organoids?"
 
“That's right, they're like living Zoids that have a self supporting AI and can meld with Zoids to make them even stronger."
 
“Wow!"
 
The Organoids then spoke and to Alex's surprise he understood them. The green skinned one went first.
 
< “Good to see you again. How's that shoulder of yours?" >
 
“Uhh… It's all better now, thanks to you and your fellow Organoids."
 
< “You seem to be healing quite nicely. By the way… are you related to a man by the name of Van Flyheight and his wife Fiona?" >
 
“No, but my wife Mara is."
 
Mara stood and addressed the three Organoids. “Yes, I happen to be related to the Flyheight family, why are you asking?"
 
The Organoid then nodded to its fellow Zoids and the gold skinned one spoke.
 
< “I see, so you have the blood of the Zoidians in you then. I haven't really introduced my fellow Organoids and myself." >
 
The blue Organoid stepped forward. <" My name is Rikera." >
 
The gold one then stepped forward. < " My name is Zarreke" >
 
The green skinned one stepped forward the last. < “My name Kail.” >
 
Alex nodded as he introduced himself. “My name's Alex Reinhart. This is my wife Mara Reinhart…" He then called his sons forward. “These are my sons, Brandon, Scott, and Lance."
 
The boys stepped forward and looked at the three Organoids with wide eyes. Brandon had heard stories about Organoids, but never expected to really meet one… let alone three! Scott looked in awe and with a bit of fear as he gazed at the one named Rikera. Lance smiled as he looked at Kail and with a whoop of joy he reached Kail and gave the green Organoid a starry look.
 
“Awesome! I'm looking at a real Organoid!"
 
Kail couldn't help but try to laugh but only came out with short growls. He then gave the boy a long look. < “You're quite the spunky one… Lance, right?" >
 
“Yep, that's my name! Say… how come I can talk to you and I can understand you when you talk to me?" The boy asked with a curious expression.
 
“That's because of your father's empathic bond with Zoids and my family heritage honey." Mara answered with a grin.
 
“COOL! We can do that too mom?!" Brandon and Scott asked their mother.
 
“Yes you can. Go on boys."
 
The two other boys rushed to the Organoids and like the kids they were, they asked a myriad of questions to the Organoids, while their parents watched with simple expressions of their faces.
 
“I think our boys have made new friends." Alex said with a smile.
 
“I know, and I think that things will be okay." Mara said as she watched the boys have fun talking and playing with the three Organoids.
 
-----------------
 
Years later…
 
“Man! I never thought we're among the first people on Zi to be able to travel in space!" Brandon said as he gazed out of a porthole onboard the Whale King Mark. 3.
 
“Yeah, you'd think that the brass back home was crazy to try and do this before too." Scott said as he gazed out through the same porthole.
 
“Yes, I've had this curiosity to see space myself. I've dreamed of this when I was still young like before. I've never imagined that this would happen now… I only wish that your… dad was…" Mara said as tears threatened to run down her face as she also gazed out to the stars tonight.
 
“It's going to be okay mom… we're here. And dad would always be here with us." Lance said as he hugged his mother tenderly, along with Brandon and Scott.
 
It had been seven years since Mara's husband Alex was critically injured when he and his unit were ambushed by a small terrorist faction and had been able to beat the rogues despite heavy casualties. Alex was unable to make it through the mess and had been nearly killed.
 
He had been taken to the ICU at the Mesa Seven Base along with his badly damaged Shield Liger. There he stayed for several days, but his injuries were critical and his life expectancy wasn't good.
 
Flashback…
 
“No…it can't be true!" Mara said with a totally devastated look.
 
“I'm very sorry Mara… but Alex's injuries are quite extensive. There's a slim but remote guarantee that he'll pull through." The doctor said sadly as he gazed back at Alex who was now asleep.
 
“But he'll be alive…"
 
“Yes, and he can come back home, but I'm sorry to say this also, but the injuries he sustained might make his chances of living short. He might have a few months at best."
 
A few days later…
 
Mara tearfully held her husband after he was released from the hospital a few days later as soon as he recovered from the brutal ambush. Alex however continued to smile, even after he was retired from the Army due to his condition. It was this desire to live life with a smile, determination, and with optimism that made the young woman fall in love with him…
 
Ever since then, the two of them dedicated their time to helping their boys and their old friends Kail, Zarreke, and Rikera become close. The Organoids did their own best to help Brandon and his brothers by teaching them on how to pilot Zoids and to tap into their own innate powers. Brandon mastered a high degree of martial arts and also became capable of channeling his own innate power to create energy, likewise with Scott and Lance. When all three boys were now older, with Brandon in the age of 15, Scott at the age of 14, and Lance at the age of 13 the three boys decided to enter the military.
 
They excelled greatly and became attuned to piloting Zoids, but their greatest specialties were piloting the limited in number Blade Ligers, the evolved form of the Shield Liger. They finished the course, which actually took years of training, but they had finished in merely months. Of course they never attempted to use their individual Organoids, but they used all the knowledge they had earned to excel even more. Their parents had also completed their training in other fields, such as Zoid repairs, cooking, music, fine arts, first aid, and other needed lectures before they would graduate.
 
When they graduated from the Academy, it was the happiest day of their parents, and the time the three made a long-time promise. Days after their graduation, Alex suffered a severe seizure. Before they could call the hospital…
 
“No… there's no need for that now…"
 
“But Dad!" Brandon shouted in denial.
 
“Brandon, leave me with your mother, you too Scott, Lance… please."
 
Brandon didn't want to argue with his father and so did his brothers, so they left the room to leave their mother and father alone.
 
Alex turned to his weeping wife and wiped the tears from her eyes. “Don't cry Mara… I knew that someday this would happen…"
 
“No… I can't stop crying no matter how much I want to." Mara said as she held her husband's hand.
 
“Stop crying Mara… Please, for me. I don't want to see you cry."
 
Mara smiled weakly as she managed. “There now, you happy Alex Reinhart?"
 
“Yes, Mara, promise me that you'll take good care of the boys."
 
“Of course I will you dope, they're my kids too!" Mara said with a half-insulted expression, which softened as she kissed Alex's cheek. “Don't worry… I will make them to be good and strong men… like their dad." She said as she sniffled a bit.
 
“Thanks. I will always love you Mara, it doesn't matter if I'm not alive now, just as long as you remember me."
 
“I'll never forget you, that I know you can be sure of." Mara said with resolution in her voice.
 
“Thanks, I need to talk to Brandon and the others, okay."
 
“Sure." Mara said as she left the chair and walked out to the door. A moment later, Brandon, Scott, and Lance came in.
 
“Dad…" Lance began to say.
 
“It's going to be okay Lance…"
“No it isn't… you should be in the hospital now." Scott said as he and his brothers came closer to their father.
 
“I know, but I really feel that I want to be with all of you before I die."
 
“Dad, please don't…" Brandon
 
“I want you three to promise something for me before I leave to the other side."
 
“What promise is that Dad?"
 
" I want you all to promise me that you'll watch over your mother when I leave…I know that she's strong and tough… but right now you three are all that she has… so promise me that you'll do whatever it takes to keep her safe and keep her happy. Do you promise me?"
 
“Yes!" Brandon, Scott, and Lance said with resolute tones.
 
“Thank you." Alex said as his sons left the room.
 
Alex got out of bed and looked out the window, and he spotted Kail, Rikera, and Zarreke. The Organoids immediately talked to him.
 
“GGGRRRRLLLL" < " What do you want from us old friend?" >
 
“I want you all to make me this promise. No matter what, you take care of my family and help them no matter what."
 
“RRRRROOOOOWWWR! " < “Don't worry about that, we'll do our best! " >
 
“Thank you…" Alex said as he went back to bed and slept… never to wake up anymore…
 
End of Flashback…
 
Mara sighed sadly as she gazed out the window. After that they had buried Alex in a graveyard reserved for the military, attended by all of his friends and family, and her own. Over the next few months after the funeral, she dedicated her time to training her boys even more on how to pilot and maintain Zoids, namely their patented Blade Ligers. And the Organoids taught the boys on how to handle advanced battle skills and tactics when they fused with the Ligers.
 
It had been a month, when they heard of the plan to attempt space exploration, so they decided to come along. Bringing their Organoids had been a little difficult but manageable as they got them onboard along with their Blade Ligers.
 
“Thanks Lance." Mara said as she embraced her boys. She then took stock of the new Zoid that was now in space.
 
The Whale King Mark 3 was designed for space exploration and carried an immense amount of Zoids, including Saber Tigers, Command Wolves, Shield Ligers, Gun Snipers, Iron Kong Mark Threes, Dibisons, Raynos flyer types, Hellcats, Gojulas and a good number of Godos, A squadron of the Lighting Saix model Zoids and other special Zoids. The Godos were intended solely for construction work, while the rest of the Zoids were intended for expeditionary combat and defense. With effective upgrades, the Zoids were now designed for space work and warfare, landing on planets being given special heat reentry systems and armor, along with the ability to get back into space. The Whale King Mark 3 itself was a great achievement in Zoid research and development. It was at least the size of seven Whale Kings lined together from tail to head, and as wide as a small continent. It was armed with a variety of weapons and systems, some of which included internal repair bays and supply centers for all the Zoids housed in it. It was also capable of carrying other Whale Kings for any needed missions.
 
Lance smiled as their mother seemed to be happy once more. “You guys heard of this? There seems to be some newly manufactured parts for Zoids onboard."
 
“Really? What types are you talking about?" Brandon asked.
 
“Well… according to what I've heard there are one of each type. The first being a special Ion Booster System of armor, the second being totally useful for Close Range Battle and the last it designed for total Heavy Assault and Defense. It was to be mass-produced but the expenses went into developing the Whale King we're on now."
 
“I see…"
 
“I also heard that they even got the core for the Mark Three Whale King, by melding with the powers of Zoid Eve"
 
“Are you sure?" Brandon asked.
 
“Hey enough of that now. We'll need to rest." Scott said as he pointed to their quarters.
 
The others were about to nod, but a massive alarm sounded.
 
“ALERT! SPACE ANOMALY DETECTED AHEAD! ALL PERSONEL INTO THE SAFETY AREAS!"
 
Brandon, Scott and Lance moved quickly as they and their mother headed to the nearby safety center. Once they got in, they left their mother there as they reached their Organoids who were in their quarters.
 
“RIKERA!"
 
“ZARREKE!"
 
“KAIL!"
 
The Organoids roared and rushed out of the place and headed also for the shelters, which were designed to shield people from and cosmic rays, which were harmful to humans. Once they were all in, they waited and hoped along with the other people who got onboard the center.
 
The Whale King was sent through a powerful rip in the very fabric of space, which in reality was a tear in the dimensional fabric of time and space. It caused a massive chain reaction that seemed to suddenly send the mighty behemoth straight through a hole…leading to another dimension….
 
-----------------
 
On another side of another universe was another massive tear that soon released a massive looking whale-like monster. It was the Whale King Mark three. The machine looked all right, but the changes from its trip through the dimensional tears had somehow… froze it in place.
 
Inside the Whale King, Brandon and his brothers along with their mother and their companion Organoids managed to escape… only to find nothing… it seemed that they were in some sort of freezing point in time… which didn't last long.
 
“ALL PERSONEL TO THE ESCAPE WHALE KINGS!"
 
Explosions occurred a moment later, until it became obvious that the behemoth had wandered into a massive meteor shower, without its shields online. Panic occurred as the people began to evacuate from the massive behemoth.
 
“MOM!" Brandon and his brothers shouted as they and their Organoids were separated from their mother by several lines of people and sealing doors.
 
“GO ON! I'LL BE FINE!" Mara shouted as she ran to another pathway, leading to another Whale King.
 
“Come on Brothers! We've got to move!" Brandon shouted as he led them to another Whale King. Once they got there, they moved in their Blade Ligers into the loading bay. Then…
 
“Hey! Take the C.A.S units with you!" A techie shouted as he directed the crane nearby to load nine large containers into the Whale King. Explosions rocked the mammoth Whale King as the system caved in. The techie also loaded in large stocks of Zoids, along with replacement parts, ammunition, and weapons. The three men rushed into the Command Center of their Whale King, they got into contact with the other Whale Kings.
“Is Mara Reinhart there?" They tried several times until they got to their mother. “Mom! Are you okay?"
 
“I'll be fine! You have to get out of here!"
 
“No! We can't leave you!"
 
“WARNING! INCOMING ASTEROID!"
 
“GO! I PROMISE I'LL FIND YOU!" Mara said as she launched her Whale King with shields at maximum.
 
“WE PROMISE WE'LL FIND YOU MOTHER NO MATTER WHAT!" Brandon shouted as they also activated their Whale King's own shield and left the dying behemoth.
 
The impact of the asteroid which was the size of a mountain crashed into the Whale King, causing a massive release of the Zoid's enhanced energy core's power waves, suddenly unleashing a shock-wave that spread all over the surrounding area. Unleashing its massive load of Zoid life cores that were standard packages for the unit. And somehow… slowed down the aging rates of the people affected onboard the escaping Whale Kings and froze them in time slowly.
 
The power wave suddenly engulfed the Whale King being piloted by Mara and the Whale King piloted by her sons, and seemed to change the machines inside the hanger bays of the Whale Kings, including the Organoids. The power waves then absorbed several other Whale Kings. In a moment all the Whale Kings in the area were tossed into the farthest reaches of the new universe. The Organoids then made their move to protect their masters to fulfil their promise as they unleashed their powers.
 
-----------------
 
In the new dimension, there was another planet inhabited by humans… its name was Earth. It was now planning to explore its own reaches of the solar system and beyond. Once before the humans on Earth were embroiled in fierce conflicts, but now had placed aside their differences as their world was now overpopulated and low on supplies. In the years that followed, the humans uncovered a vast power source in what appeared in a strange container inside a meteor that housed massive cores. In this end a fleet of colony ships were created and one of them housed one of the prototypes of the reactors used to house the discovered power source which were fused together, they named the two reactors, Paeksis Phlagma and one of the reactors remained on Earth.
 
As the fleets passed through the void of space they were separated and each ship landed on various planets. Each ship filled with its colonists established various new civilizations, and hoped to continue the proud and strong human race. Just years after the arrival of the Whale King Mark Three.
 
However, the desire for warfare and self destruction manifested itself in the new void of space, which became manifested between the crew of one ship named the Ikazuchi; an argument broke out between the male and female crew-members, causing both factions to take two sections of the ship with them. The men landed on a sterile desert planet, while the women landed on a lush and abundant planet. Both factions were able to build a strong culture and both grew into different civilizations, the men of the First Generation named their world Tarak, while the women named their world Mejele. And for a hundred years these two cultures have been at war with one another…
 
This became the New World of three unknown strangers… each with great powers.
 
On a small planetoid…
 
Brandon checked their location on what was on the charts of the Whale King's computers, but to his frustration there were no records or star charts that could have been useful. When the Whale King Mark Three was born, the satellites that were deployed back home recorded every star in their sector of the universe, but now…
 
“Damn it! There's no way we even know where we are!" He shouted in frustration as he checked the charts once more. Zarreke growled a bit. < “There's no need to worry all that much you know.” >
 
Brandon sighed a bit. “Sorry for my ranting, but I don't know what to do any more Zarreke. I don't have anything that can tell us where we all are now."
 
“That's true, but in any case we should be all happy we're alive." Scott called out as he got into contact with the Whale King's command bridge from his communicator as he worked in restoring the damaged Zoid transport from the inside.
 
“I know Bro… but we don't know if mom is…"
 
A silent moment passes, but then…
 
“Don't you say that Bro! Mom's still out there, we promised dad we'll be with her right to the end!" Lance said as he entered the bridge with Kail nearby.
 
“I know, sorry to say such things Bro."
 
Rikera growled a bit. < “Don't any of you worry about her, since she has Zoidian blood in her, me and the others can find her!” >
 
The brothers looked in surprise. “You mean you guys can find her?!"
 
Zarreke and his fellow Organoids nodded as they spoke. “We can sense her presence easily, just as we can sense you three as well."
 
The brothers smiled. “Scot, just how much longer can you get the Whale King online?"
 
“In at least several days, thankfully the repairs aren't totally major and there's tons of spare parts onboard for the repairs. The power waves seemed to preserve the Whale King's main systems."
 
“Good, that should get us in good condition to find mother."
 
Kail growled a bit. < We've decided to perform one more special task, why don't you go to the hangers when you have the time? " >
 
“We can do that now, let's go brothers." Brandon said as he left the Command Center, as his brothers followed their Organoids to the Hanger bay.
 
In the Hanger Bay…
 
Brandon, Scott and Lance came into the hanger and followed the three Organoids to their Blade Ligers, and near the Ligers were the containers for the CAS parts.
 
“What do you plan on doing now?" Brandon asked his Organoid Zarreke.
 
The Organoids turned and began to explain. < “When the explosion occurred those weeks ago, and we've unleashed our powers to shield you all, we discovered that we've strained our bodies to the limit. This means that we might die, however we discovered that your Blade Ligers have been given the power to evolve into higher types of Zoids, and in order to do that… we need to meld with the Ligers permanently. " >
 
“WHAT?!"
 
< " Our bodies will totally merge with the Zoid core in each of your Ligers, once that happens we'll be totally part of the Ligers, we'll be able to memorize any battle tactics we encounter and then can 'learn' from battle. And most of all we can increase your fighting potential to higher levels… The energy waves from the explosion have also magnified your own powers to a high extent. Once we merge, then the Ligers will be totally different in power, performance, and appearance… and to add more power to the Ligers we'll fuse the C.A.S parts with the Ligers. This is our plan to continue to uphold our promise to your parents; we'll protect you no matter what. " >
 
“Thank you… we don't know what to say…" Scott began to say for his brothers, their Organoids were willing to do that for them.
 
< “Don't worry about us; just concentrate on being able to reunite with your mother." >
 
“We will…" Lance said with tears.
 
The Organoids turned and began to glow with power, turning into energy and fused into the Ligers, suddenly transforming them into a new and more powerful form. The brothers watched in awe as a sphere of light consumed their individual Ligers and the C.A.S parts. In what seemed to be at least an hour or two the boys looked on in awe. And soon the light faded to reveal their… Ligers…
 
The Ligers were now decked out in impressive white armor, the cockpit hatches were changed completely, with glowing eyes on each side and so were the other parts of the original Ligers. Brandon's Liger had blue eyes; Scott's Liger had green eyes, while Lance had violet eyes. The body frame was still the same, but the brothers could feel great power inside the cores of the Zoids. On the back of each Liger were special booster pods, and on the middle of the bodies were special stabilizer fins to give stability. Like all the other Zoids, the new Ligers were armed with gravity actuator units that allowed them to maneuver and run in space as if they were on land. Their normal blades were replaced by enhanced claws, which harnessed light particles and kinetic energy and feed the power into the claws. On Brandon's Liger were a set of mini gattling laser guns, Scott's Liger had two rapid fire laser cannons, and Lance's Liger had three automated rail guns. Their Organoids have just turned their Ligers into the rarest of their kind…
 
They were now… The Ultimate X Zoid types… the first of their kind on this side of the universe.
 
The Ligers then growled in unison. RRRRRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAARRR! Saying one phrase. “Transformation complete!"
 
The three brothers all said one word. “AWESOME!"
 
Days later…
 
The Whale King was now in excellent condition and ready to leave the planetoid. The brothers had spent the time practicing with their newly evolved Ligers and the newly added C.A.S armor systems. Each of them developed specialties with each set of armor and still had great skill in using the others. They also spent the time using their Godos to salvage the planetoid clean of precious resources and as soon at that was done they were ready to leave.
 
Once they were now in space the brothers looked into the void of space as each of them made their vow.
 
< Don't you worry mom, no matter how long it takes or how far away it is… we'll find you and we'll all be together once more. >
 
-----------------
 
And the world they all left behind…
 
Zi continued to grow and prosper, but all the records of the people of Zi's first attempt to explore their universe were erased with the disaster of the Whale King Mark Three. However, the world of Zi changed over time.
 
It was after several centuries that a new form of Zoid combat was made. But unlike the wars to the past, a special ruling body known as the Zoid Battle Commission or ZBC was judging these battles. This organization held various battles between teams of pilots and their Zoids to gain rank and prize money for their winning the battle against their opponent team.
 
Rumors however persisted that buried deep in the world of Zi existed legendary Zoids which were also dubbed the Ultimate X Type, and one such Zoid landed in the hands of one team, this team known as the Blitz Team. This team however was totally unaware of the true power in the white armored and red eyed Liger. And it only needed the right pilot to unleash its power.
 
That pilot was a man named…………….. Bit Cloud.
 
-------------
 
Five years later…
 
Brandon nodded as he prepared his needed items as they prepared to leave their little home for some months. He and his brothers nodded at each other as they left for their next stop.
 
They had landed on the desert planet Tarak a month earlier to restock their supplies and weapons. They had also managed to sneak in their Whale King to the planet's hidden caves and had secretly transported their Ligers, which they still called by their Organoid names. Along with all the stocks of other Zoids, weapons, and parts as the Whale King was badly damaged after several battles with other races. They intended to construct a special barge to transport their materials as soon as they could.
 
The three brothers had matured a great deal since their journey to be reunited with their mother. Brandon was now at the height of 6'4 and was now in the age of twenty and his cropped hair had grown a bit longer, along with his braid, his body was well built and muscled. Scott was now wearing his hair in a ponytail and was also as well built as his two brothers and was now at the height of 6'2 and in the age of nineteen. And Lance had grown tall as well at the height of 6'0 and was now in the age of eighteen and now had his hair bordering his shoulder blades at the back.
 
They had been wandering the cosmos for five years now, searching for their mother or any trace of her. They had landed on different planets and fought in different battles with those who fought for a just reason, as their parents had always taught them that the only thing needed for evil to win was if good people did nothing. They had learned different fighting techniques over the years and mastered their own innate abilities with energy manipulation and usage. They never stopped in looking for their mother and even though it had been frustrating for them, they never gave up or surrendered the hope that they would meet her again.
 
When they landed on Tarak, they immediately pulled some strings, and secretly installed false data into the computer database of Tarak to register them as citizens of the third class. They had to admit that the men were excellent desert survival experts to have lived in the sterile world of Tarak. But the one thing they totally disapproved of was the way women were viewed on the male dominated world. Women were considered to be vicious inhuman beasts that enslaved men or killed them and ate their livers. This didn't suit well for the three Zoid pilots as they knew that their mother would have been totally disgusted with this world. The three of them knew that truth about women and knew about the 'facts of life' along with all the mechanics involved. But they kept that information to themselves as the men on Tarak would have considered them to be totally insane if they told them about it, including the way babies were really made between man and woman, if they told the men that, they would have suffered seizures. They also took the time to build a secret dwelling outside of the desert-city capital of the men, and therefore didn't listen to any of the propaganda films shown to the general populace. They had gathered whatever information they could about the war being waged between the men of Tarak against the so-called monsters of Mejele. One such development in this war was the creation of the Vanguards, these machines were humanoid in design and were capable of battling in different environments, including space and could be outfitted with various melee weapons and limited projectile weapons. But compared to their Ultimate X type Zoids and the Zoids they had with them, the Vanguards were totally outmatched by their own machines and by the women who had a higher technological edge over the men.
 
Another development was the revival of the Ikazuchi, the section of the colony ship that had brought the men to Tarak. Brandon and his siblings had managed to enter the section with little difficulty and gathered all the data aboard and found out about the argument between the men and women that lead to the founding of both cultures. They decided that since the Ikazuchi wasn't going to launch anytime soon that they should place their Zoids inside and store them there, along with the parts and munitions. They also intended to steal a section of the Ikazuchi and turn it into their newest transport, along with the parts salvaged from the Whale King.
 
When the time for the Ikazuchi came to be launched into space, they had an opportunity to leave Tarak. Brandon and his brothers got onboard the vessel without any difficulties and were now resting as the people on the outside prepared for the launching of the Ikazuchi to counter the increasing attacks of the Megele space pirates.
 
Out in space…
 
In a nearby asteroid field waited a Mejele cruiser, which was staffed by none other than the pirates who were now waiting anxiously for the catch of their careers. They were under the command of the founder of their group and their most capable second officer as the two watched in their own anticipation for the new Tarak fleet to be launched…
 
Little did they know that onboard their intended target were three powerful individuals and a hoard of powerful machines.
 
To be continued…
 
Author's notes:
 
The changes are remote from Vandread itself, but the changes will be well underway soon. The next chapter will be a whole new ball game. The Ligers I have made for this series are similar to Liger Zero of Zoids New Century, but they have different eye colors and are already armed with projectile weapons, apart form the standard 'Strike Laser Claws' so in effect this will be a real ball. Imagine what the women will say when the Ligers show up!
 
This is a pet project so I really appreciate reviews and comments, flames however will be ignored.
 
See you on the next chapters.