Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ After the Royal Cup ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Blitz Team meets the Crimson Team/Bloodlust. Ready, fight!

Disclaimer: "Zoids", "New Century Zero", "Chaotic Century", The Blitz Team, the Backdraft Group, and all other related characters/mechas, plus any other trademarked thing I mention in this story, such as songs, are not my property. The pilot of the Shield Liger, as well as the Z.A.I.P, are my property.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


A week had passed since Justin had become a member of the Blitz Team, and everything seemed to be going well. He had helped everybody with the maintenance on the Zoids, and on several occasions, helped Leena catch Bit when he had stolen her food, which helped keep him on her good side.

As usual, Jamie was in the kitchen, cooking up breakfast for the others.

"What's for breakfast, Jamie," Leena asked as she walked into the kitchen.

"Eggs, toast, bacon, sausages," he told her.

"Sounds good. Have you seen Justin anywhere," she asked.

"Last I heard he was going to get a shower. Since nobody uses it this time of day he decided to clean off some of the grime from a few days of maintenance or helping you try and catch Bit," Jamie told him.

"Uh oh that isn't good. I just saw Bit heading for the shower room," Leena told him.

"God...damnit Bit I'm gonna kill you!"

Bit's scream could be heard loud and clear as the sound of two people running down the hall quickly followed. Bit burst into the kitchen, holding a towel around his waist, followed by Justin, also wearing a towel around his waist, and dripping wet, carrying his pistol.

"Don't you ever knock you blond pervert," Justin yelled. Bit had taken position behind the large kitchen table, while Justin was on the other side, trying to get a fix on his head.

"How was I supposed to know that you'd be in there," Bit replied.

"That's why I said to knock, now hold still," Justin told him as he tried to aim for between Bit's eyes.

"Woah Justin hold it," Leena told him.

"Stay out of this Leena this is personal. If Bit walked in on you you'd do a lot worse than this," Justin told her.

"I'll say she would," Jamie muttered, remembering how Leena had used his Pteras to try and kill Bit when he had walked in on her.

"Justin don't shoot I'm sorry," Bit pleaded.

"Too late," Justin told him, he took aim and fired.

The bullet ricocheted off a frying pan behind Bit, zinged over to a metal spoon, bounced off of that, hit the frying pan Jamie was using, and went right for Bit, giving him a part right down the middle of his hair. Bit didn't know what to think, he didn't even know what to say, he had temporarily lost the ability to speak from the shock.

"Sorry about disrupting breakfast," Justin told them, he turned, and then left the kitchen, heading back to the shower room.

"I think he's meaner than you Leena, you never tried to blow Bit's brains out," Jamie told her.

"I know," Leena replied, "Justin's gonna fit in just fine," Leena said to herself and snickered.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Boy this is good. A lot better than the fast food places I use to have to eat at," Justin commented as he practically wolfed down his breakfast.

"You said that the first day you started to eat here," Brad told him.

"Big deal I'll say whatever I want, and right now I'm saying this is good eatin'," Justin told him.

As the group continued to eat, a beeping could be heard coming from the videophone.

"If that's Harry I'm gonna have Liger go over to his base and tear him to pieces," Justin told them and got up from his seat, going over to the videophone.

On the screen, appeared a ZBC Judge.

"Oh, judgy, what's up? Who're we gonna fight," Justin asked as he took another bite of his toast.

"A battle requisition has been submitted by the Crimson Team," the Judge announced.

A weird look occurred on Justin's face, one of shock, anger, surprise, and bewilderment, all rolled into one.

"Oh this can't be good. What time had the battle been setup for," Justin asked.

"The battle has been scheduled, for tomorrow morning, 11:00 AM, desert zone 22E, battle mode 0982," the Judge told him.

"Allright, I'll give the others the news," Justin replied and turned off the videophone.

"Did I hear that right? Are we battling the Crimson Team tomorrow," Brad asked.

"Yeah, that can't be good," Justin told him as he sat back down at the table.

"Who's the Crimson Team," Bit asked.

"That'll be explained later, first we should eat breakfast, then we'll go over the information on the team," Justin told him and continued to eat his breakfast.

Everybody silently agreed with his idea and continued to eat their breakfast.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Okay," Justin said as he paced the floor of the meeting room, "the Crimson Team are extremely tough Class S warriors. They're team name derives from the type of Zoids they pilot. The team pilots a Saber Tiger, a Red Horn, an Iron Kong PK, and a Genobreaker," he explained.

"What's a Genobreaker," Leena asked.

"Second step in development of the Genosaurer. Augmented by a back mounted thruster unit and sharp pincher claws that could cut a Zoid in half," Justin explained.

"Yipes," she stated.

"Exactly. Now the pilots themselves, they're vicious! The pilot of the Red Horn is Josh; he likes to use the customized thick armor of his Zoid to get in close while his opponents waste their ammo trying it take it out. And then, he smashes them with the horn on the Zoid's nose. And if that doesn't work, he'll unleash a barrage of fire from its back mounted gattling gun," Justin explained.

"Sounds like a good strategy," Brad commented.

"The Saber Tiger pilot in a mercenary who called herself Claw. She's been known to bring out the full potential of the Saber Tiger if the battle lasts for a long time. Her Saber Tiger is much quicker than the standard model, and is armed with a hibit vulcan gun mounted on its back," he continued.

"What about the others," Bit asked.

"Van Brown is the pilot of the Iron Kong. With the thick armor covering its hide, it can get in close without taking much damage, and likes to tear Zoids apart limb from limb. Literally," Justin explained, making everybody shiver.

"But what about the pilot of the Genobreaker," Leena asked.

"A witch if I ever met one. She's known as Bloodlust, because of her blood red eyes and vicious fighting. I took her on once while I was still in Class B, and she was in class A. at that time I was piloting a high powered Command Wolf with missile boxes mounted on its back. She moved in quick and cut me to pieces in five minutes. If Liger hadn't been in the repair shop, I could've won. This battle is gonna be personal," Justin explained as he made a tightly balled fist. If it weren't for his leather gloves, blood would've been running down his hand.

"Sounds like they're really tough, but I bet me and Liger and handle them," Bit stated, receiving a hard bash to the head from Justin.

"That kind of over confident attitude will get you taken out in no time! Ultimate X or not, if Bloodlust gets her pincher claws around you, your Liger will be destroyed," Justin told him.

"That's not the only bad thing about a Genobreaker," Dr. Toros reminded him.

"Right, I nearly forgot. A Genobreaker is much faster and stronger than a Genosaurer, but it still has its charged particle cannon," Justin explained, making everybody shudder.

"Y-you don't think that they'll actually use that do you," Leena asked nervously.

"I really can't say. They might not, but then again, it's rumored that Bloodlust is insane, but nobody has ever been able to prove it," Justin told her.

"It sounds like this team basically breaks every rule in the book," Jamie commented.

"Believe me, I've tried to get this team kicked out more than once, but the Zoid Battle Commission say that I've got no grounds for such a statement. We'd need her to kill somebody to get booted out, but so far she's never done that," Justin told him and got up to leave the meeting room.

"Where're you going," Dr. Toros asked.

"Into town I need to pick up something for the Shield Liger, I'm gonna need them for the upcoming battle," he told him.

"Did he seem kind of spooked to you," Bit asked.

"A little, but he seemed more enraged with that girl, Bloodlust. She must've really caused something serious when they first fought," Leena told him.

"I guess this means I'd better get started on a strategy, although I'm not sure how much good it'll do," Jamie told them.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++


"I hope that part shop has what I'm looking for, otherwise I'm just wasting my time coming out here," Justin said to himself.

Liger: Why? What's wrong?

"Plenty. Remember that one time you had to go in for maintenance, and I had to fight with a Command Wolf? I fought against the Crimson Team, and their leader, Bloodlust, cut me down in just minutes after the battle began. She destroyed the Zoid core, but was never punished or anything. And now we have to fight them tomorrow," Justin explained.

Liger: You're worried that I will suffer the same fate as the Command Wolf?

"That's basically it. We've gotta increase our strength and attacking power. And if the part shop doesn't have what I'm looking for, we could be in serious trouble," Justin told him.

Liger: Are you forgetting we took down a Gojulas and two Iron Kongs? PK units, no less.

"I'm not forgetting, but a Genobreaker could take down a Gojulas easily, it's armed with a charged particle cannon, and I'm not sure if we'll be able to stand up to that," Justin told him.

Liger: I'm beginning to see your point. Full speed ahead!

Justin was pushed back in the chair in his cockpit as Liger accelerated to it full speed without working his way up to it at a semi-gradual pace.

"Easy Liger, you keep that up and you'll wear out your parts," Justin warned him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Hey Jamie, what exactly do you have on this team, other than what Justin told us," Brad asked.

"Not much, a ton of their records were lost or deleted. There's not much else, other than what we were told. And unfortunately, that means I can't make a strategy, we're basically going in blind," Jamie told him.

"That isn't good. We'd better make sure all of our armaments are in perfect working order," Brad suggested.

"And that we're fully stocked with ammo. If they're as bad as just says they are, we're gonna need every last round of it," Jamie told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Damn, it's almost impossible to find a place to park a Zoid," Justin commented as the Shield Liger carefully walked through the streets of the small town, until it came to the local Zoid part shop. "Maybe there's what I need there."

The Shield Liger slowly walked into the garage area of the hangar, and crouched down, letting Justin get out and land safely.

"Excuse me, I'd like to talk to whoever runs this place! I've got some business to discuss," Justin stated loudly.

"Allright hold your horses I'm coming."

A large, middle aged stepped out of a door at the back wall and approached Justin to see what he wanted.

"Are you the guy who runs this shop," Justin asked.

"Yep, you looking for something," the man asked.

"Two somethings really. I'm going into battle with a Genobreaker tomorrow, and I need some parts for Liger over there. I need some high output thrusters to increase the speed, and a set of twin beam cannons for increased firepower," Justin told him.

"Oh, sorry kid, we don't have any super cannons in stock, not much call for them lately. I've got some new ion boosters in stock just recently, but I'm not sure how well they'll work," the man told him.

"I guess I'll have to take them. I'll pay for the installation, since I can't carry them with me, I left my Gustav back at the base, expecting them to be installed here," Justin explained.

"If you want, but I've gotta warn you, it's gonna cost you out the wazoo for installation," the man told him.

"I don't care I've got plenty. I've beaten so many people even Class S teams don't have as much as I do in my private account," Justin stated.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Hey, has anybody seen Justin yet," Leena asked.

"Nope, he's still out getting those upgrades, I wonder what he's getting," Bit told him.

"I dunno, but the town he went to doesn't exactly have the best selection of parts," Jamie told them.

"Maybe we could've used some of the parts from my private collection," Bit suggested.

"Maybe, too bad this battle wasn't scheduled for next week, we could've gotten some parts from Romeo City when we went there in the next three days," Leena told them.

"True, but with the Zoid Battle Commission you can never be sure when a battle will turn up," Jamie told them.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Hey guys, anything new happen while I was gone," Justin's voice asked over the comm.

"Not really, pretty much routine around here. Harry showed up again and we haven't been able to get rid of him yet. How far away are you from the base," Dr. Toros asked.

"About five minutes, maybe less. Oh yeah, I can see the prince's Dark Horn from here. As soon as I get back I'll deal with him. Where's Leena? Locked herself in her room," Justin asked.

"How'd you know," Dr. Toros asked.

"Lucky guess," Justin told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


As the Liger quickly approached the base, the newly installed thrusters were cut, slowing down its speed, allowing it to enter the hangar safely.

"Boy Liger that's real speed, it said you were going up to 300 km/h, with that kind of speed we should be able deal with that Genobreaker easier," Justin stated.

Liger: I don't know if we should use them, my stabilizers and leg servos feel hot, and they feel really weird.

The Liger began to shake itself Liger it was a dog, trying to get the ion boosters off it its back.

"Easy Liger, easy. Just wear them until after the battle tomorrow, then we'll take them off, okay," Justin asked.

Liger: ...Okay, if you say so.

The hatch opened, and Justin rode the cable down, stepping off onto the metal floor, letting the cable retract.

"So Justin, did you find what you need," Dr. Toros asked as he entered the hangar.

"Not really Doc, I was trying to find some super cannons to mount on the Liger for some added firepower, but the shop I went to didn't have any. I also went for some thruster units for increased speed, now those they had," Justin explained.

"I'm surprised you could find any for a shield Liger, there's not really much call for them," Dr. Toros explained.

"I know, I was surprised too. It cost a bundle to get them and have them installed, but after tomorrow's battle I should be able to about break even, more or less," he told him, "so where's Harry?"

"Trying to break down Leena's door, she locked herself in there so he won't be able to get in," Dr. Toros told him.

"Well the calvary's here, so she doesn't have to worry. Harry however..." Justin trailed off.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Leena please let me in, I have to talk to you it's important," Harry pleaded as he pounded on the door to Leena's room.

"Go away Harry I don't want to hear it," Leena ordered.

"Best to take her advice Harry."

The next thing Harry knew, he was being pulled back by the scruff of his shirt, and only one person had that voice.

"Justin what're you doing here, your Liger was gone when I got here," Harry told him.

"True, I had to go pick up some boosters to give him some extra speed for tomorrow's battle," Justin explained, "now that I'm here you can buzz off."

"Oh no I'm not, I'm here to speak with Leena in private, and I'm not leaving until she comes out," Harry told him.

"Well I'm not coming out until you leave," Leena yelled through the door.

"Now that's an interesting predicament, you won't leave until she comes out, and she won't come out until you leave, this could go on forever," Justin stated.

"Why don't you leave me to the one I love," Harry demanded.

"Well I'd like to, but you're wasting your time, Leena's got eyes for somebody else," Justin told her.

"How could she possibly love you? You're not rich, you can't supply her with what she needs," Harry told him.

"That's pretty much true, but I'm not the one she's after."

"Then who is?"

Justin signaled for Harry to get in close. When he did, he whispered something into his ear, causing Harry's eyes to go wide, even for an anime character.

"You mean..." Harry began.

"Yep. Even got a picture to prove it if you wanna see," Justin told him.

"No thanks, I've heard enough, I still can't believe it, my sweet Leena," Harry rambled as he walked off, still not believing what Justin had just told her.

Once he was sure that it was safe, Justin knocked on Leena's door.

"It's safe Leena, you can come out now," he told her.

"What'd you tell him that caused him to leave," Leena asked.

"If I told you I'm sure that you'd kill me," Justin told her.

"What, did you, tell him," Leena demanded.

"Well, I think I'd better show you instead."

Justin reached into his vest, and withdrew a picture, and handed it to Leena. Leena looked at it, and her face went wide with shock. The picture, was of her and Naomi, sitting together on one of the couches, leaning against each other in their sleep. And what made it even worse, was that Leena had her arms wrapped around Naomi like she was cuddling her.

Before Justin knew what happened, Leena had thrust him against the wall, holding him by his throat.

"Now look Leena lemme explain, then you can kill me," Justin pleaded.

"...You've got thirty seconds, starting now," Leena told him.

"That picture was taken last week at the party. Everybody stayed up so late they fell asleep wherever, you two just happened to fall asleep on the couch, I thought that if I moved you you'd wake up and I didn't want to disturb you. The only reason I took that picture was to discourage Harry from coming after you I swear," Justin told her.

Slowly, Leena let go of Justin's throat, letting him away from the wall.

"Is that the absolute, honest truth," Leena asked, he nodded, "well, I appreciate that you got Harry to leave me alone. But if I find out that you've lied, or that you've shown this picture to anybody, I'm going to reach down your throat and tear out your appendix," Leena told him and delivered a very hard slap to the side of his face.

"I'm okay with that," Justin told her as he put his hand on his face.

"Good, and I'll be keeping this picture, just so you can't use this for your own sick little purposes," Leena told him and pocketed the picture.

"Allright, just don't kill me," Justin told her.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


Lunchtime had rolled around, and everybody had something to eat. They sat in the living room around the table that had been set up.

"So, have we got a strategy for tomorrow's battle," Dr. Toros asked.

"Sorry doc. But the only information I had at my disposal was what Justin told us about them. Everything else seems to have been deleted or lost," Jamie explained.

"That isn't good," Leena stated.

"Don't worry, I've got a plan. I've seen how you guys fight, and I think I know what to do. Brad, your Shadow Fox has excellent speed and maneuverability, not to mention that laser vulcan gun, you'd be best suited for taking on the Saber Tiger. Bit, your Schneider armor can cut through a wide variety of materials, you'd be capable of taking down the Iron Kong. Leena, you've got the most firepower, second to the Panzer armor, the Red Horn has a thick armored body, if you hit it hard enough, you should be able to disable it. And as for myself, I'll be taking on the Genobreaker," Justin told them.

"...You know, that actually sounds like it's a great plan," Jamie commented.

"Did you expect anything less? I am an undefeated Class A warrior, I wouldn't have made it this far if I didn't think my plans through," Justin told him.

"Better watch it Justin, you'll get an ego like Bit's," Leena told him.

"Yeah that's...hey that isn't funny," Bit yelled, making Justin and Leena laugh.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Leena tossed and turned, but no matter what she did, she couldn't get back to sleep, even turning the temperature in her room down by a couple of degrees didn't help.

"I give up, it's no use trying to get to sleep, I might as well get something to eat," she said to herself and got up.

Since it was unlikely that anybody else would be up at this miserable hour, Leena decided to forget her robe, and stepped out in her purple pajama shorts and top.

Leena made her way to the kitchen by memory, not needing to use the lights or even a flashlight to avoid bumping into the walls. Once she had got to the kitchen, she made her way over to the refrigerator and poured herself a glass of milk, and got several cookies out of the jar on one of the counters.

She turned on the cabinet lights to illuminate the room, and gasped as she was about to sit down at the table. Sitting at the table, in a pair of short and a tank top, a half empty bottle of Gatorade in his hand, was Justin.

"You couldn't sleep either," Leena asked him.

"Kinda hard to when you roll over and smack your face on the Gustav's floor," Justin told her.

"Why do you still sleep in your Gustav? You could have a nice room with a comfortable bed, you know that," Leena told him, "wanna cookie," she offered.

"No thanks, I'm fine," he replied, "I guess I'm still not quite use to being a member of a team yet, I've been on my own for so long, Gus' cockpit is practically my home. Although when I fell to the floor I couldn't sleep, I thought some working out would help, but it didn't. So, why're you up?"

"I dunno, I've just had trouble sleeping, I guess I'm worried about tomorrow's battle," Leena told him as she ate one of the cookies.

"I understand, Bloodlust is enough to strike fear into the heart of just about anybody. Even that...Vega Obscura would be afraid of taking her on," Justin told her.

"Thanks a lot," Leena replied sarcastically.

"Sorry, that CPC is what really scares me the most, if she decides to fire it, I'm not sure Liger's shield would be able to stand up to it," Justin told her.

"I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that," Leena told him.

"Me too. But we'll have to take that into account, it's a definite possibility that it might happen," Justin told her.

"And what do we do if she does," Leena asked.

"I don't know Leena, I honestly don't know," Justin told her and took another drink of his Gatorade.

"What're you gonna do to take out that Genobreaker," Leena asked him.

"Probably use the new thrusters to get in close, so she can't fire the cannon safely. If the shield is activated, I'll try and take it out with my own. And then, I'll decapitate her with my strike laser claw, and put an end to her and her Genobreaker," Justin told her, a sadistic smile crossing his face at the last part.

"That's sick. I like it," Leena told him.

"I like it too. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to get back to bed, I had a good dream going, and I wanna see if I can pick up where I left off," Justin told her as he stood up, ready to go back to the Gustav.

"Okay, g'night Justin," she told him.

"G'night Leena, get some sleep, you'll need to be wide awake tomorrow," Justin told her, "oh, and another thing...great body," he added and then left the kitchen.

Leena blushed brightly; surprised by the comment Justin had just made.

"Wow, that's a surprise," Leena said to herself.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Reveille" blared over the speakers in the Gustav's cockpit, causing Justin to bolt up suddenly in surprise.

"God, I hate that. Gus' next time, play something else to wake me up, only use that to music in case I'm asleep and it's an emergency," Justin ordered as he began to get dressed in his usual attire.

Liger: Today is the day.

"I know that Liger, I'm looking forward to taking down Bloodlust, and I bet you're looking forward to annihilating her Genobreaker," Justin replied as he continued to get dressed.

Liger: Your guess is correct, I will slaughter her Zoid for what she did so long ago.

"Good, that's just what I wanted to hear," Justin replied.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Am I too late for breakfast," Justin asked as he walked into the living room.

"Nope, just in time actually," Jamie told him.

"Good, I'm hungry," Justin told him and sat down at the table.

"Are you nervous Justin," Bit asked.

"A little, but I'm gonna give it my all and decapitate that Genobreaker," Justin told him as he dug into his breakfast.

"Seriously," Jamie asked.

"And how, Bloodlust is going down today," Justin grinned.

"Good plan, but if you do that, you'll be disqualified. You're not allowed to decapitate an opponent," Brad told him.

"Damn, well I guess I'll just have to get a new strategy. I could've sworn that rule didn't apply to a Geno-type Zoid, the cockpit is in the chest, not the head," Justin told him.

"Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Despite the location of the cockpit, you'd still get disqualified from Zoid battling if you did," Brad told him.

"Then I'll just have to cut something else off," Justin said to himself.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Liger: Justin, I'm not entirely sure that it's possible, but, I believe I'm sensing nervousness from you.

"Nice detective work pal, that's exactly what you're getting from me. Thanks to Brad, I just found out that I can't decapitate Bloodlust's Genobreaker," Justin told him.

Liger: Then we'll just have to try something else. We can push her off a cliff, donkey kick her in the side and take out one of her legs, cut her thruster unit to pieces...

"Easy Liger, easy. One would think that you've got a personal vendetta to settle with Bloodlust's Genobreaker," Justin told him.

Liger: I'm sorry, I get caught up in the heat of battle. But, after hearing of everything that Bloodlust has done in battle, destroying all of those innocent Zoids, I just get so mad I want to destroy something!


"Well don't worry, we're gonna get in some major destruction," Justin reassured him, "when the battle begins, start playing one of the anime songs, one that goes well in a battle," Justin told him.

Liger: Okay.

"Hey Justin," Leena called over the comm, "how're you holding up?"

"A little nervous, and a little angry. Liger, on the other hand, and madder than hell and ready to shed some blood, or more accurately, mech fluid," Justin replied.

"I hope we can take these guys down. I remember I once had to fight a Red Horn, but I got clobbered by it," Leena told him.

"Here's a tip, first, take out the hibit vulcan gun mounted on its back, then, aim your remaining arsenal for its side, and fire full force. It should be enough to cause a system freeze," Justin told her.

"I'll try and remember that. Thanks," Leena told him.

"Be careful Leena, I don't want you getting hurt out there, then I'll have to harass Bit all by myself," Justin joked.

"Don't worry, I'll be careful," Leena told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"So, this is the Crimson Team eh," Brad asked.

The Shadow Fox, Liger Zero Schneider, Gun Sniper, and Shield Liger were all lined up in front of the hover cargo. Far away on the opposite side of the battlefield, in front of a blood red Whale King, stood the Crimson Team. The Iron Kong PK, the Red Horn, the Saber Tiger, and the Genobreaker.

"Yeah, stick to the plan guys. But keep this in mind; these guys have been known to "Accidentally" destroy the Judge during battle. And when they do, they stop playing by the rules," Justin told him.

"And you're telling this to us now," Bit yelled.

"Sorry Bit, I forgot when I first did the briefing," Justin told him.

"Could you guys quit fighting amongst yourself," a voice asked over the comms.

On the screens, appeared a girl, with long, black hair with red highlights. Her eyes were a darker shade of red than her Genobreaker's coat of paint, her skin was pale, like she rarely got out in the sun, and a blood red "7" with a small dot in front of it was on her right cheek.

"Bloodlust," Justin hissed angrily.

"That's bloodlust," Leena asked.

"The one and only. She's mine," Justin replied.

"So Justin, you actually became a member of the Blitz Team. Well, that won't help you, I'll still cut you down, just like I did before," bloodlust told him.

"Not this time. This isn't any power enhanced Command Wolf (Think Zoids: Chaotic Century "New Helic City") this is the Shield Liger, my Shield Liger," Justin stated.

"It doesn't matter, you'll still lose," bloodlust told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


A large crater was formed as the Judge capsule made its descent, ripping up the ground, before raising to the upper level of the ground, the hatch opening and reveling the Judge.

"The area within a thirty mile radius is a designated Zoid battlefield! Only competitors and personnel have authorized entry, danger! All others must leave the area immediately," the Judge announced as it scanned the area, giving the pilots a chance to insert their Zoid gear.

"Area scanned, battlefield setup! The Blitz Team vs the Crimson Team! Battle mode 0982, ready, fight!"

The Blitz Team scattered, each sticking to the plan that Justin had laid out for them yesterday.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"So I'm assuming that you're Brad Hunter? Am I correct," Claw asked.

"Well I'm certainly not Harry Champ of the Champ Team," Brad replied.

"Very funny," Claw stated as she readied her back mounted gun.

"You can't hit what you can't see," Brad stated as he discharged his smoke screen, quickly hiding himself from view.

"Actually," Claw began as she primed her gattling unit. She repositioned it to fifteen degrees to the left, and fired, "I can."

The sound of metal being torn, followed by a loud crash could be heard. As the smoke cleared, the shadow fox could be seen, lying on the ground, sparks flying from its side, and heavily from its legs.

"These rounds are armor piercing, they could tear through a Gojulas, so your Shadow Fox is no challenge," Claw stated.

"Don't count your Zoids before they're assembled," Brad replied. The laser vulcan gun raised, and opened fire on the Saber Tiger, hitting it in the side and front legs, causing it to fall to the ground.

"I guess we're both out of the battle now. I can't move, and your system must be shut down now," Brad told her.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


The Gun Sniper strafed to the side, being careful to avoid the fire from the Red Horn's guns. Josh was being careful, with the limited ammo he had for the gattling gun; he wasn't firing randomly, he was careful to take aim.

"You can't keep avoiding me forever, eventually I'm gonna hit you, then crush you," Josh stated.

"Wanna bet," Leena stated. She opened a hail of bullets, taking out the back mounted gun right at the base.

"Looks like you don't have any weapons left," Leena told him.

"I wouldn't say that, I can still crush you," Josh told her and charged forward.

"Oh no you don't!"

Leena jumped out of the way, just as she was about to be stampeded into the ground by the Red Horn. She turned, and targeted the Red Horn's left side with everything she had, remembering what Justin had told her.

"You're gonna regret that. Weasel unit total assault," Leena yelled and let her entire arsenal fly.

Josh never had a chance to retaliate. With the Red Horn's lacking ability to make sharp turns, he had turned just enough, so that the arsenal hit him hard, taking him out of the battle.

"I can't believe it, a trigger happy hothead took me down, and I fell for her strategy, I'm such an ass," Josh yelled and slammed his fists down on the control panel.

"And don't you forget it," Leena told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Rhythm Emotion" played over the speakers as the Shield Liger charged at the Genobreaker, ready to ram it hard, but just at the last second; the Genobreaker leapt to the side, avoiding the attack.

"That wasn't too bright, little boy," Bloodlust simply stated.

"Shut up," Justin ordered.

The Liger made a sharp turn, kicking on its boosters, and charging even faster at the Genobreaker than before.

"You'll never catch me at that rate," Bloodlust told him as the Genobreaker sidestepped and avoided the attack again.

"I said shut up!"

The Liger roared and turned; opening fire with its back mounted cannon and shock cannon. The Genobreaker roared and leapt into the air, getting high enough to align its back with the sun, causing a blinding effect.

"God damnit, Liger I can't see her," Justin yelled and covered his eyes.

The Liger roared as it glanced upward at the quickly approaching Genobreaker, its claws opened wide, ready it cut through it. Just as it was about to strike, the Liger jumped clear to the left, avoiding the incoming claws.

"And I thought you said to stand still and fight," Bloodlust stated as the Genobreaker charged.

"Go to hell," Justin ordered.

The Liger crouched and leapt to the side as the Genobreaker advanced. It turned, and then began to pursue it.

"Now this is more like it," Justin stated as the Shield Liger quickly began to catch up with it.

"That's what you think," Bloodlust said as the Genobreaker increased its speed.

"Oh no you don't!"

The back mounted thrusters on the Liger fired up, giving it even greater speed. The Liger roared as the leg panels started glowing brightly. It came to an immediate halt, crouched, and leapt into the air, literally flying with the aid of the thrusters, and coming down on top of the Genobreaker, clawing the thruster unit right where it connected to the body, completely removing it.

"With that outta the way, you're gonna be in big trouble Bloodlust," Justin told her.

"No, you're in big trouble."

The Genobreaker thrashed its tail, smashing the Liger and sending it flying to a sideline. The leg mounted thruster panels raised and the foot clamps went down. The entire body went parallel as the fins on the tail and neck unfolded.

Energy particles were being drawn into a large ball, forming in front of a barrel mounted in the throat.

"Oh my God! Everybody lookout, this insane witch is gonna fire a charged particle cannon," Justin yelled as he scrambled to get the Liger back to its feet.

The blast was let loose, flying at incredible speed, and completely obliterating the Judge capsule, as well as the Judge in one blast.

"Hey boys, the Judge is gone, and so are the rules. Van Brown, take out that stupid Liger right now or else," Bloodlust ordered.

"Bit, get back to the hover cargo and transform to Panzer, you're gonna need all the firepower you can get to handle that guy. I'll keep them busy until then," Justin told him.

"I got ya Justin," Bit told him and headed back to the hover cargo to transform.

"Leena go with him and restock your ammo," Justin told her.

"No way Justin, I'm not gonna leave you alone to deal with these two, I've still got my hand mounted guns, they're still full," Leena replied.

"That wasn't a request, if you don't reload you're gonna get killed! Get out of here now," Justin ordered.

"It sounds like you actually care about her Justin, you should keep your love life off the battlefield, it tends to get you in trouble," Bloodlust stated as she went into CPC firing mode again.

"Leena, get out of here now," Justin ordered.

Leena didn't respond, the site of being in front of a charged particle cannon, ready to go off at any second, scared her stiff, she couldn't make the Gun Sniper move, or even speak. She was absolutely terrified.

"So long, little girl," Bloodlust calmly stated.

Just as she was about to fire, the Genobreaker was rammed hard in the side from the Shield Liger's energy shield, causing the blast to obliterate the Iron Kong's entire lower half, taking it out of the battle as well.

"You'll pay for that," Bloodlust stated.

"Leena get out of here right now or else! I can handle Bloodlust by myself," Justin yelled as he prepared for another charge.

"I can't, something wrong with the Gun Sniper's legs I can't get anywhere, I'm reduced to a crawl," Leena told him.

"Such a pity," Bloodlust told them, her energy shield activated and with incredible speed, she rammed the shield Liger, sending it crashing into the side of the hover cargo with extreme force.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Justin, are you okay," Dr. Toros asked.

"I dunno Doc, the thrusters took the most of that blow, but now they're useless. Why hasn't Bit gotten back out here with the Panzer armor," Justin asked.

"We've run into some trouble, the side panels can't open, they're stuck shut and the Panzer can't deploy," Jamie told him.

"I'm sorry Justin, you're on your own now," Bit told him.

"Nothing I'm not use to," Justin mumbled to himself.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


The Shield Liger stood back up and shook itself like a dog. With the thrusters crushed, they proved to be useless, so they were jettisoned.

"Allright Liger, we've gotta think of something quick," Justin stated.

Liger: I know, the Genobreaker is definitely a very dangerous enemy.

"Justin, help me," Leena yelled.

Justin saw that the Genobreaker had gone into CPC firing mode once again, aiming right for Leena, and since she could get out of the area in a hurry, she was going to be toast.

"Leena no," Justin yelled and charged at full speed, knowing what he had to do.

The charge grew bigger every second, reaching a dangerous level, until it was at overload level.

"Bye, bye Blitz Team," Bloodlust calmly said to herself and fired.

Just as Justin reached Leena's side, the blast impacted, causing a huge explosion, throwing debris and smoke everywhere.

"I guess that did it, no more Justin, and the Blitz Team lost, I guess we win," Bloodlust said to herself.

"Don't' count your victories before they're won!"

As the smoke began to clear (Zoids New Century Zero: "No Future" begins to play) flashing of pink energy could be seen. Once it finished clearing, it was easy to see the Shield Liger's energy shield deployed, holding strong, and the Gun Sniper behind it, still intact.

"You dare fire a charged particle cannon in a sanctioned Zoid battle! At an opponent who isn't a threat! Bloodlust I'll destroy you for that," Justin yelled. The Shield Liger roared and charged at full speed, quickly coming up to the Genobreaker, and ramming it with the shield, sending it flying back.

"I've had enough of you," Justin yelled and opened fire with his complement of missiles, bombarding the Genobreaker.

"Leena, I have an idea, so listen up. Use your thrusters to maneuver, and get in close. When you get within half a kilometer, use your sniper cannon and blast for where the tail connects to the rest of the body," Justin told her.

"But I don't have any ammo for that gun," Leena told him.

"Yes you do, I installed twenty rounds before I went to bed last night, I thought we might have use for it. Now just do it," Justin told her.

"I understand Justin," Leena told him.

"You'll never catch me Justin," Bloodlust told him as the Genobreaker flew off, using its leg thrusters to escape up a nearby cliff.

"I don't think so," Justin replied angrily.

Once again, the strike laser claw ability was being charged as the Liger charged the cliff, and then leapt, digging its claws into the stone as it actually began to crawl up.

"What!? That isn't possible, a Shield Liger shouldn't have that kind of power," bloodlust yelled in disbelief.

"They don't, but mine does," Justin told her as he quickly reached the top, coming face to face with his opponent.

The Shield Liger and the Genobreaker roared and growled as they engaged in combat, clawing and biting, each trying to overpower the other.

"Give it up bloodlust, when the Zoid Battle Commission finds out about this, your entire team will be arrested and dissolved, you'll never be allowed to take part in another battle again as long as you live," Justin told her.

The Liger stood up on its hind legs, and sank its teeth into the Genobreaker's shoulder, holding onto it with its front legs, and maneuvering it around.

"It'll be worth it if I can destroy you," bloodlust told him as she wrestled to get free.

"That's what you think you crazy woman," Leena's voice came over the comms.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Down below, the Gun Sniper landed and turned around, its tail extending as its body aimed upward. The chair in the cockpit straightened out and went in a diagonal position, shortly before flipping, giving Leena access to the controls for the sniper cannon.

"Who would've thought I'd ever use this," Leena said to herself.

She grasped the controls, and carefully took aim, locking onto the part of the Genobreaker's tail that Justin had told her about. Once it was in her sights and locked onto, she pulled the trigger, releasing one of the ammo rounds, and receiving a strong dose of recoil in the process.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

An explosion hit the Genobreaker's tail, and in the process, ripped it from the body.

"Nice shot Leena," Justin told her as the Liger rammed the Genobreaker, forcing it over the cliff.

As the Genobreaker fell, the Liger leapt on top of it, riding it down and adding even more pain to the impact of it hitting the ground.

"So that's why you wanted me to aim for the base of the tail," Leena stated as she watched.

"Yeah, without it, the Genobreaker can't properly balance, plus, it loses its CPC ability," Justin told her.

The Liger roared as it held the Genobreaker down with one claw, and powered up the strike laser claw once again. It brought its claw down forcefully, cutting through the Genobreaker's neck, severing it from the rest of the body, and ending its ability to fight back.

"It looks like the battle is over, and we win," Justin stated, "now pay up, right now!"

"Buzz off," Bloodlust told him.

"Fine, have it your way, we'll get the Zoid Battle Commission to make you pay, you can't resist them," Justin told her as he simply walked away, "Brad, Bit, Leena, you guys okay," he asked.

"I'm fine, but the Shadow Fox has been better," Brad told him.

"Well, don't worry, with a little maintenance work, the Shadow Fox will be back on its feet shortly. Bit, what about you?"

"The Liger's okay, just mad that he didn't get a chance to do any real battle," Bit replied.

"Well that happens sometimes, Leena, any luck with the Gun Sniper," he asked.

"No not yet, what about the Liger, is he okay," Leena asked.

Liger: I've been better, but I'll recover. Let the Gun Sniper ride on Gustav, I'll walk back.

"He says he'll be okay. Leena, why don't you ride back to base on the Gustav? It'll be easier than getting into the hover cargo. After all, Gun Sniper thrusters weren't really meant for maneuverability," Justin told her.

"What about Liger, is he just gonna walk back," Leena asked.

"Actually, it was his idea," Justin told her.

"Well, I guess I'll accept," Leena told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"That was certainly a tough battle. I've never seen anybody but the Backdraft Group use those kinds of tactics," Jamie stated.

"Well it's over now, they Crimson Team will be arrested, we'll be paid the winnings, plus a little extra, and that'll be that," Dr. Toros told them.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Hey Justin, thanks for saving me earlier. There's no way I could've gotten away from that charged particle cannon quick enough," Leena told him as she sat in the passenger seat of the Gustav.

"You don't have to thank me Leena, I wasn't about to let that crazy woman kill another member of the team, she had no right firing that thing, and purposely obliterating a Judge, that's beyond illegal," Justin told her.

"Do you think Bloodlust and the others will be arrested for this," she asked him.

"A definite possibility, although with their lawyers, they might get off with temporary probation," Justin told her.

"Now that isn't fair," Leena told him.

"I know, but then again, life isn't fair. If it was, your dad would have every Zoid model there is," Justin joked, making her laugh.

"Hey Justin, can't you speed it up any, keeping up with your slow speed is gonna make the hover cargo stall," Bit announced over the comm.

"Can't be helped Bit, I'm keeping up with Liger's pace, he can only reach 100 km/h in his current condition," Justin replied.

Liger: If my current situation is causing too much trouble, leave me behind, I'll catch up eventually.

"Forget it Liger, I'm not leaving you behind," Justin replied.

"Go on guys and speed up, we'll get to the base later," Leena told them.

"Fine, suit yourself, just get back in time for lunch," Dr. Toros told them.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++


Running through the desert in his condition, didn't seem quite as bad, now that Liger could listen to some of the music that he and Justin were crazy for. Right now, it was "Wild Flowers" from his database, stuck in a loop and turned up loud.

"Hey Liger, how're you holding up," Justin asked over the comm.

Liger: Relatively well, I'm healing at a good pace, and I should be ready for battle in several days if I don't get into a squabble.

"Good to hear, sorry that you couldn't ride back, I'll get a second trailer for the Gustav so this won't happen again," Justin told him.

Liger: Thank you, Justin.

"Hey Justin, would Liger respond to me if I talked to him," Leena asked.

"I think so, although I'm the only one who's ever talked to him. You can give it a try if you want," Justin told her.

"Hey Liger, thanks for what you and Justin did in the battle today, I've never seen anybody fight like that before," Leena stated.

Liger: Gratitude isn't necessary, I was simply doing what I do best.

"Well, thanks anyway," Leena replied.

"Hey Leena, there was still some leftover fried chicken from last night, right," Justin asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Bit might be getting hungry once he gets back to the base, and decide to have it for lunch all for himself. When we get back we'll take stock, and then we'll hurt him if any of it's missing," Justin told her.

"I love it, you're evil Justin," Leena said with a devilish smile.

"Tell me something I don't know," Justin replied.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Justin: I just can't seem to stay out of trouble. We finally arrive in Romeo City for some supplies and to get our Zoids some well needed maintenance, and while we're there, I meet a hooligan named Nightshade, the brother of my enemy Bloodlust! Now he's out for revenge for what happened to his little sister. What!? That piece of crap has kidnapped Leena and is holding her hostage! Oh you can bet there's no way in hell I'm gonna let that slide. Next time on Zoids: New Century Zero, "The Deadly Nightshade/Liger to the rescue! Ready, fight!"