Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Visiting ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Brad walks into the kitchen where Naomi is cooking breakfast. "The backdraft group is back again." Naomi looks up from the stove to Brad who had just sat down at the table.

"What do you mean they're back?"

"Bit just called saying they were attacked 20 Hel-cats, 4 Rev raptors, 3 Raynos, and a Storm Sworder early this morning. They were members from the backdraft and saying they have been planning for the last year and a half."

"Maybe after breakfast we should head there and see if we can help with anything."

Sure. Bit says they have to practically rebuild one of the outside walls. It was hit by two long-range cannons and is about crumble. The backdraft was probably after the Liger 0 again, or Leon's Red Blade Liger."

"Looks like they have their work cut out for them. They may have made all that money from the Royal Cup, but you know how Doc spends. Well you should anyways, you told me. If I guess right, they are already in the hole."

Brad leans his chair back onto the back two legs and puts his feet on the table. Naomi picks up the two plates she had just finished preparing, walked over and placed them on the table. Then she walked over and stands right over Brad, looking down at him. "No feet on the table." She puts her finger on her chest and pushes him off balance causing him to fall backwards, fray ling his arms and legs before hitting the ground with a thud. "Remember next time or I won't be so nice." She walks to the other side of the table and sits in her chair as Brad gets up off the floor, picks up his chair, and sits at the table with a smirk on his face. "What's so funny?"

"You."

Naomi just looks at him weird. "How so?" Brad looks down at his plate and starts eating. Naomi gives up on getting and answer and starts eating too.

They eat in silence for a while, but Brad breaks it. "Next battle is in three days against the Lighting Team. Its two on two so that means it is either both twins or Sysco and one of the twins.

Naomi gets up with her empty plate, grabs his because it was empty too, and goes over to start washing the remaining dishes. "I'm pretty sure we can take them. At the rate we keep winning, we'll pull the Sand-Slash Team out of Class A's top ranking, we are already 4th.

"Ya, if we beat them in this battle, we will jump to 2nd. You notice we have been to the Blitz team base almost everyday this week?" Brad totally forgetting what had happened only ten minuets ago, leans his chair back and puts his feet on the table. Naomi, who had just put the last dish in the strainer, looks back and sees this. She walks over to him and stands right behind him. Brad quickly realizes what she's about to so, but before he can sit up straight, he is on the ground with Naomi looking down at him with a big smile.

"Now will you remember?" Brad picks himself off the floor and looks her in the eyes.

"When my head stops spinning and I can think straight, I'll answer." He leans down and kisses her for a few seconds before walking away to do some minor repairs he had been putting off.

"They never grow up do they." Naomi says to herself before walking to the vi-phone to call Leena.

Hey Naomi, why'd you call? Lenna says acting a little too happy for being Leena.

"You seem happy. What with being attacked last night"

"Well for one, I finally beat someone, and two I had breakfast and have been doing dishes for the last hour." A really big smiles spreads across Leena's face.

"What? I wouldn't be happy if I had to do the dishes for an hour."

"No, I finished the dishes a long time ago, but I don't want to work on the wall outside."

"I heard that." Leena looks to her left and Naomi sees Bit walk onto the screen. He walks behind her and puts his head on her shoulder. He looks up and notices Naomi on the screen. "Oh, hello." He turns his head, still on her shoulder, back to Leena's face. "So you have not been doing the dishes for the last hour. I didn't think the four of us could have made that many dishes for you to clean."

"Um... well... there was." Bit kisses her on the cheek and takes his head away.

"I'll be expecting you outside in a few minuets." He walks away to the hanger the wall is starting to look like a wall again. (Made of air that is). Leena turns and watches Bit walk away. She totally forgets about Naomi.

"Zi to Leena." Leena jumps and turns her attention back to Naomi.

"Oh sorry, why did you call anyways? I just saw you last night."

"Well Brad said Bit called and it sounds like you guys could use some help with the fix-ups. I've also been wondering something."

"What's that?"

"When is your next battle? The last one was a week ago. In three days we'll be finishes off two battles and you have none."

"Oh, well, the next one is in two weeks. Since Zoids get damaged a lot worse most of the time, they give you a lot of time to fix them. Anyways, the guys could really use the help. We'll find some way to get out of it."

"Okay, but I need to do something, in a few months, I won't be able to do anything."

Leena rolls her eyes. "Naomi, you will probably do more when you are not suppose to just to prove that you can."

"Very true. So you want Brad and Me to come?"

"Ya, it is dull around here, everyone is working. See you in about an hour and a half. Bye."

"Bye." Naomi's picture disappears and Leena goes into the hanger to see Jamie, Leon, and Bit still clearing and knocking down the rest of the wall. Her dad was in the observation room working on the cost and how to rebuild the wall.

"Brad and Naomi are going to come over and help us." Leena shouts over the sound of smashing rocks and clanking hammers.

Leon stands up and looks across to where Leena is standing. "Why don't you just call Harry so we don't have to do this?"

"Because, I can only stand to see him once a month. Anyways, we have all the help we need." Leena looks to where Bit is throwing chunks of cement aside. He notices her looking at him and he looks up. "It isn't my fault we got attacked by the backdraft again." Bit smirks and goes back to work. Leon and Jamie look at her like she is nuts.

Leena, ignoring Leon and Jamie's weird stares, calls up to her dad. "Hey dad, what can I do to help?"

"Um... why don't you go help Bit move rocks. Jamie and Leon can take care of breaking them.

"Oh, alright." Leena's voice sounds disappointed but in her head she was screaming for joy. She walks over to Bit and starts picking up shoe sized rocks and throwing them into the pile 10 feet away.

"I've got to go pick up a part for your dad later today, want to come?" whispers Bit so that Leon and Jamie don't start cracking jokes about them.

"Sure," she whispers back. "Truck or Zoids?"

"It is only a few small things so I'm th9inking truck. It would be too obvious if the Liger and Gun Sniper were missing. We really should tell your dad soon."

* * *

Lunch had passed, Naomi and Brad had come and were now helping move rocks while Bit and Leena are just finishing putting the last parts into the truck. They both get in and start driving towards the base. "What's the point of tell my dad, he probably already knows."

"So why are we still hiding? I like when we are together, but we still sneak around when everyone knows. It's not fun anymore."

"Well, if we were together all the time it would be boring. To know that I have to wait is sometimes fun. Why do you dislike it so much?" Since Bit was only driving with one hand, Leena reaches over and grabs his open hand. She holds it tightly giving it a quick squeeze now and then.

"Sure being forced to wait to be with you makes it a little fun." He brings her hand to his face and kisses it. Then gives it a squeeze as his arm is brought back down by gravity. "But snuggling on the couch shouldn't have a time limit. Lets give up and let him see us without spying, just out in the open."

Leena scouts over in her seat so that she is right next to bit. He lets go of her hand and puts his arm around her. Leena leans her head on his shoulder and puts her legs up on the empty seat next to her. The base comes into sight on the horizon growing slowly like the rising sun. "Fine, later tonight, when we are all talking in the lounge we'll do something."

* * *

The wall rumble had been totally cleared and the metal poles were now in place. Everyone, except Leena, was in the lounge. Jamie and Leon are playing chess; Doc is "working" out a new battle plan with his models. Naomi, Brad and Bit are all sitting on the couch. "Oh no, your arm! I give up!" Doc walks away from the table he was at and sits in the armchair.

Jamie looks up from his game. Doc, you spent all that money on that, now you better built it." He looks around the room a bit. "Hey, where's Leena? Sh never misses an opurtunity to do nothing."

"I was doing the dishes." says Leena as she appears in the dorrway. "None of you ever do them anymore." She gives and evil glance at Jamie, but then looks over at Bit, with the grin loosing its evilness. He returns the grin and adds a slight nod no one else saw. "If all the guys here wern't such pigs, I wouldn't be so many dishes." Leena takes a deep breath and walks torwards the couch. She sits down next to Bit and leans against him with her feet up on the couch like in the truck. Like Leena expected Doc isn't at all surprised by this, even when Bit put his arm around her. Brad and Naomi were more surprised then everyone else.

"So Brad, when is your next battle?"

"Three days, Lightning Team."

"I miss when there were battles every couple of days. Me and Liger get so bored sitting around. I thought Class S would give us more opportunities to battle. All they have given us is tougher opponents and less of them. We only battle twice a month half of the time. Where's the fun in that."

"Well with all the special part my Gun Sniper takes, I would love the extra time to fix it. With my Gun Sniper and Brad's Zoid being one of a kind, they are nearly impossible to fix."

Jamie and Leon walk over from their game and both sit in the middle of the couch, forcing Leena to put her feet on the floor. "With all the money Doc spends on his figures, its a miracle we can even keep up on the bills for the Zoids and this base. I've gone over the figures again and again and they never ass up. We should own nothing."

"Don't worry Jamie, I would never spent an amount large enough to put us in Danger of losing the base or any of the Zoids."

"Let's see. The cannon you wanted Brad to put on the back of the Shadow Fox, the three transformation armors for the Liger, this new toy, and trading my Pteras for a Rynos without asking me. These all put us in danger. If it hadn't been for my thinking and Harry's money, we would all be living in a one room apartment in the middle of nowhere."

"Hey, for the first few months, I slept on a cot in the hanger, so it wouldn't have bothered me none."

"Well we had to build a whole new room when I came back. Dad had filled Brads room with his junk the second he found out Naomi was missing too."

"Doc, what it I had come back?"

"Well...um..."

"Things might not have worked out between us. I could have come back."

"No, becasue if you had really left me, I would have personally hunted you down and killed you." Everyone started to laugh as Brad looks down at Naomi sort of scared. She smiles and looks back towards everyone else." "How are you going to get that much cement to build the new wall?"

"Well, I wanted to call Harry, but Leena didn't want it. So, I found us a deal on some cement."

"Sorry dad, but I can only handle him no one than once a month. At least last tie I got him to faint by kissing Bit. I think it is the only time I ever got him to shut up."

"It's not my fault he loves you." Bit says smirking down at Leena. "He hates me and is in love with you."

"Okay what is with this not my fault stuff. You two keep going on and on about it not being your fault. Ever since you two got back from the date all I hear is it's not my fault."

"It's a joke between us Jamie, you wouldn't get it even if I explained it to you."

**************************************************************** *********************Okay people You have to tell me what you want to happen next. I haven't write anymore and if I don't get some feed back soon, I might not. All of this was prewritten a while ago and unless I get some more feedback from someone other then Kagome1990 ^_^;; I might not continue. What do you want to happen? Should I keep going at this slow time pace or skip ahead to Brad and Naomi's baby, or make it a miscarriage, or have Bit and Leena have a huge fight. What do you want to happen? I am giving you all to January 11th, that's when I am getting my hampster so that's when you have to tell me. It is also the week before High School Finals and I will need something to keep my mind off the upcoming test. Writing this story is a way for me so calm down and I need to know what you want me to do next so I can calm down. Please Email me at Midnightflame87@aol.com. I check it pretty much everyday because I am online pretty much everyday, except I won't be on Saturday this week. Please, Please.

~Amanda a.k.a. Kazk