Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny ❯ Nightmares of the Past ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone, I know there are a few mistakes where I didn't follow my own story. I have changed it so that Naomi will be taking the break after only 3 months not 4 because no one would battle when they were 7 months pregnant. Two, I know I said Bit had never had a girlfriend in the previous chapters. Well true, but it is explained in the chapter and at the end a little more. I am now out of bowling with a high game of 224 and a high series of 558. Now I will have a lot more time to dedicate to my two stories I have up now and one more I am writing. Pay attention at the first Brad and Naomi part because I give a little hint on what is going to happen. If you guess it and email it to me at either Midnightflame87@aol.com or SakuraKazk@yhoo.com you get something. No a prize, but something. Thanks. ~Amanda a.k.a. Kazk

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Two months had passed since the attack on the base and not much had happened. Everything had pretty much stayed the same. Doc had wasted more money on his toys, now adding another Raynos because his old on lost its head too many times and a shadow fox. Jamie had found different ways to keep the money in the green and not in the red. Leon had just worked on improving his skills, Bit had done the same and tried not to get Leena pissed at him, and Leena had been her trigger happy self. Brad was becoming a little over protective of what Naomi did, and Naomi was getting tired of it.

"Ready? Fight." Yells the judge as the Blitz team takes off towards the distant Rage Team. Leon and Bit charged ahead to the hiding team while Leena provided backup fire. The Rage team consisted of two stealth Zaber Fangs and a Dark Horn. A bright orange ball of light flies past Bit as he charges towards the Rage team's hideout, crashing into the ground forming a hole. Leon jumps over the blast and is hot on Bits tail. One of the Zaber Fangs had dashed behind Leena and was lining her up in her sights. An alarm goes off in Leena's cockpit right before the Gun Sniper is shaken by an indirect hit by a pulse laser gun.

"Leena, four o'clock, about 35 m away." Yells Jamie over the c.b. as more shots are heard from where the Liger and Dark Horn are battling it out.

"Arrg. Hold still you little bug." Screams Enoc, mercenary of the Rage team, as he continues the delicate dance with Bit.

"Oh it looks like your Dark Horn can't keep up with my Liger."

"You want to bet." Enoc charges forward, but he is met by a glowing claw and soon enough his zoid is toppling to the ground. The Liger stands over its prey but is quickly met by two bullets from now where.

"That blade Liger took longer that expected, but now it's your turn." Growls Gabrielle, the older of the two Zaber Fang pilots. "That mercenary may have had a good Zoid, but he was a lousy pilot. I don't even…"

Before Gabrielle could finish her sentence, she was cut off by, "Ahhhhhhhhhh… No…" from Leena as the other Zaber Fang finally shot her down. Gabrielle, seizing the moment, jumped at Bit forcing the Liger into a crouching position.

The Liger quickly turned around to face the Zaber fang he couldn't see because of the stealth, but saw by heat. They stood face to face, sidestepping in a counter-clockwise circle. "You are such a chicken, come out of stealth. I can see you no matter what."

"So what. You can't watch both of us at once." Gabrielle jumps back towards the canyon stacks. "Chloe, plan Desperado."

At the mention of the name Chloe, Bit froze. His mind flashed back three years, only a

"Go!" yells Gabrielle to her younger sister. Bit, even with his quick reflexes couldn't evade the cloud of bullets. He was hit hard and knocked out of commission.

"The battle is over, the battle is over. The winner is… The Rage Team." Yells the judge before blasting back to the Zoids B.C. ship.

After 10 minuets, the Liger was back online, but Bit didn't walk over to the awaiting hover cargo. He took off into the canyon listening to Leena scream, "Bit where are you going?" over the c.b.

* * *

Bit sat down on a rock about 30 kl from where he started. `That couldn't have been her. I knew she was a Zoid pilot, but she couldn't have been that good.' Thinks Bit as he leans back not realizing there is no back. He hits the ground hard. Bit gets up, moves towards an open and lies on his back. `She had a look of an angel, but after Zoid battles started again, she was a devil. It was just a three-month fling. Why is it haunting me?' He continues to think about Chloe and look at the sky until he starts to doze off.

He is startled awake by something lying on his chest. He cracks open one eye to see a head of pink hair. Bit didn't say anything. He put one arm around her and continued to think.

`Why did she have to come back? It was hard enough to even stand by Leena, even harder to confront her. Why didn't I hear the Gun Sniper coming.' Bit soon fell asleep but was awaken by Leena, now sitting next to him.

"What's up?" asks Bit sleepily as he sat up next to her.

"Why did you run? We get beaten all the time. You've never acted this way before." Leena asked worried, looking him straight in the eye hoping for a straight answer.

"Nothing… I… I just needed time to think. I'm not really worried about the battle. I like having strong opponents to work towards beating." He answers while tilting back and looking at the clouds. Totally off the subject, Bit asks, "Do you ever wonder about your mother."

Leena was completely shocked by the question. "M…my mother?' she stuttered. A depressed look comes to her face. "All I know is I supposedly look just like her." She lets out a small sigh, moves over, and rests her head on Bit's shoulder. "What about your parents? Do you know them?"

Bit bends his neck so his head is resting on hers. "Ya, but I don't want to talk about it. When I was 14 they sent me to live with my uncle. He was a junk dealer, so that's how I got into the business." Bit stands up and helps Leena up. They hold hands as they walk up to their Zoids. As they start the four-hour run back to the Base, Leena's face shows up on Bit's screen.

"I forgot to tell you. The Rage team's base caught on fire and was completely destroyed. Luckily they were battling us at the time."

"That's to bad. What are they going to do?"

"That's what I came to tell you. Enoc, Gabrielle, and Chloe will be staying with us for a while. My dad is trying to get more money by helping. What do you think?'

Silence

"Bit?"

Silence

"Bit, what is wrong, are you okay?"

"Um ya, just blanked out for a minuet, sorry."

* * *

"Brad, I'm not incapable of moving yet. Anyways, we need the money. It's not like we can afford the baby with the Zoids and the base." Naomi says before walking over and accepting their next Zoid battle. After accepting, she walks back to the couch and sits next to brad. She looks at him knowing he is only trying to protect her, but she didn't want to be babied. "Anyways, we only have one more month before we requested the leave of absence."

Brad shrugs and picked up a magazine up off the table and flips through pages. He stops after a while and looks over the magazine to Naomi who was still looking at him. "Yes?"

"What, can't I look at you?"

"Brad puts down his magazine. "I don't know, can you?" He reaches over and pulls Naomi into his lap. He places his arms around her very large stomach, for only being 5 months along. "Naomi?"

"Hmm?" She answers too comfortable to look up at him.

"Did you make the appointment?" Brad asks before kissing her neck a few times.

* * *

Four-hours later, the Liger 0 and the Gun Sniper walked into a very crowded base. There was barely enough room with the Raynos, Blade Liger, Hover Cargo, Dark Horn, and two Zaber Fangs trying to find a place to park where there wasn't boxes. They parked and hopped down to the ground. As they headed towards the inside, Bit walked as slow as possible. `I'm not even sure that this is the same Chloe.'

"Bit!" Bit turns his gaze away from the ground and up at Leena. "Are you coming?" Bit takes the few steps that are between them and meets her at the door. She opens the door and they walk into the hall. Bit quickly puts back on his normal no worries expression for Leena so she wouldn't worry. Leena looks at him as they walk through the hall towards the kitchen. They stopped at the hallway that branch that leads to the bedrooms. "It's only 5:30, so I am going to Jamie with dinner. Why don't you go meet the rage team?" Leena turns and takes a few steps back before turning back to him. "And if I catch you doing anything with the two girls," she says jokingly know Bit would never do that, "I'll personally make it so you have no reason to flirt anymore."

"You don't trust me?"

Leena walks up to him, kisses him deeply, and walks away to the kitchen.

Bit walks into the lounge, first checking if anyone was there, and sits on the couch. `Please don't let it be her. I have told everyone I've never had a girlfriend before. I've never really considered her a girlfriend though; she was more like a teacher. We both knew it would only be for a few months. I don't want to lose Leena. I love her and don't want to feel the way I did when Chloe left. She would never forgive me.'

The next twenty minuets were very uneventful until voices began coming down the hall. In a few second five people entered, a lean young man with very short hair. He was Enoc, pilot of the Dark Horn. When he and Jamie entered first, they were deeply in a conversation about strategies. Next came in a tall woman with short blonde hair, Gabrielle he presumed. Lastly came in Leon followed by Bit's worst nightmare. Chloe, still as beautiful as ever with her long light blue hair. A flood of memories Bit had forced himself o forget came flooding back to him. He wished Leena were next to him so he knew some one still cared for him, because right now he felt like the only person in the world.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~* Okay, it is a little shorter than my normal chapters and I am sorry about that. I just though this would be the perfect place to stop so that all of you got mad at me. Yes it has been a very long time since I uploaded a new chapter, over a month actually. ^_^;; But I have already started on the next one and it will be up soon. Okay I will try to improve my battle senses this time, it took me almost a day to think of the story and most of it was on the battle sense. I know it is still pretty bad, but I hope it is better.

~Amanda a.k.a. Kazk