Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Heartless or is She? ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heartless or is She?

This is a Chaotic Century story and I hope you like it. Van and Fiona don't really play a main role and neither do most of the original characters from the show. Raven is the only original show character other then Moonbay and Irvine that are really even seen. I don't own zoids so don't sue me.

Prologue: From One Memory Into Another

" See you Myrica," says Ebony as she runs off toward where she lives. Ebony is eight with grey-black hair and silver eyes that seem to look into your very soul.

" OK Ebony I'll see you around," says Myrica as she runs from the school yard to her house across the street. Ebony was one of the strangest girls in the entire school. She didn't act like a girl and she sure wasn't petite or very innocent. If something blew sky high, your best bet would be to ask Ebony or her twin Ivory about it.

" Wind's cold," says Ebony as the wind blows against her pale skin. " The feeling in the air, it's frightening," says Ebony quietly. She sensed things other couldn't or just wouldn't sense. Ebony ran her fingers thru her ebony colored hair and put on her sword and took her holster out of her backpack and put it on with the gun her father had given her. She lived in Syrian City, but most people called it, " Death" City for good reason. It was on the dividing lines between the Imperial and Republic sides.

Ebony got to her house and saw two liger's parked in front of her house and wondered who was visiting. " Mom I'm home!" shouts Ebony as she walks in and gasps when she sees her mother laying on the floor in a pool of her own blood. Then Ebony hears a gun shot and runs into the living room and watches as her father collapses. " I love you Ebony," whispers her father before he dies. Ebony just stares at the two men that had killed her parents. One was dressed in blue and the other in green and Ebony was sure they were mercenaries. Her parents were zoids archeologists and they customized zoids so they were quite well to do.

Ebony turns around when she hears the high-pitched wail of her moms organoid. Suddenly Ebony's sorrow and anger over flows and she takes out her sword and tries to attack the men that tower over her by like 3 feet each. " Hey Gator it's the Lyre brat," says the guy in the green to the guy in the blue who was identified as Gator. " You scum," whispers Ebony and attempts to attack, but Gator slashes out at her with his own sword and cut her from her forehead all the way down to her right cheek.

Ebony growls and touches the slash and then she notices a black flash come thru the window spraying glass everywhere and attack Gator. " Thanks Freelance," says Ebony to her mother's organoid. Freelance growls and attacks the other guy her blue eyes glow red when she sees Diamond her partner dead on the floor.

" I know Freelance, I know," says Ebony as she watches the organoid kill the two men. " Let's go," says Ebony. Freelance puts her head to the side wondering why her partner's daughter wanted to get away.

" Freelance it's not safe," says Ebony knowing her little brother is at her aunts house and her sister is staying the weekend with her friend Mist. Freelance nods and follows Ebony outside and they both look at the ligers.

" I used to like ligers and now I hate them. Well except for Snowstorm," says Ebony as she walks around to the other side of the house to were a tall white liger stands. It's a cross between a shield liger and a blade liger. " Snowstorm dad's dead and we need to go," says Ebony. The zoid looks at her and lowers its head and pops open the cockpit glass.

" Thanks," says Ebony as she jumps into the cockpit. Freelance looks at her and growls pointing her head at the two ligers' that had followed them out to this side of the house. The two ligers' growl sadly and look at Snowstorm.

" Your pilots are dead," says Ebony coldly and the ligers bob their heads up and down. " You wanna come?" asks Ebony wondering what they want. The two zoids again bob their heads up and down. Ebony sighs and smiles sadly at Freelance.

" OK, come on, we have to leave this city," says Ebony

The blue liger which is a Shield Liger looks at Snowstorm and falls into line quietly. The green liger which is a Blade Liger growls and tries to get ahead of Snowstorm. " Stay back," says Ebony strictly not wanting to make a scene.

Freelance follows as vest as she can and then turns into a pillar of light and goes into her partner's old black Gustav.

" Good thinking Freelance," says Ebony as she stops Snowstorm and the zoid lowers its head for Ebony. " Thanks," says Ebony as she climbs into the old black Gustav and smiles.

" Get on and stay on," says Ebony and the three ligers jump on. " OK let go," says Ebony and smirks. " Out of this memory to create a name for ourselves," says Ebony in her mind and pilots her Gustav out of the city. She smiles and doesn't even look back tho a single tear goes trails down her face, but she wipes it away. If she had looked back, she would have seen the city seem to glitter red for a moment. " I was Ebony Shadow Lyre," says Ebony and smirks. " Now I will be known as, Ebony Shadow Harp," says Ebony and turns the Gustav onto a road. " Are you so heartless?" asks a voice in Ebony's head. " Or am I?" asks Ebony quietly and sighs.

So how do you like it? Next chapter is about two years after this.