Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Kaiju Horizon ❯ Enter Gojira, King of the Monsters! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's note: Screw the disclaimers, I'll own zoids someday if I just try hard enough! Why'd I make this? Oh yeah, 'cause I wanted to! This is a Zoids story, but I've included the ghosts of monsters from the 90's Godzilla series that posses a few zoids. You have to admit, Godzilla and the Gojulas are very similar in appearance, especially if you use Godzilla's Japanese name, Gojira; so I guess I will. That'll mean that Rodan (next chapter) is Radon, and King Ghidorah is … well, King Ghidorah. To further back up my claims, the King Gojulas (produced in the mid-80's) bears even closer resemblance in appearance to Godzilla and the new, mode-changing Gojulas Giga can switch back and forth between Japanese, or the 1998 American Godzilla appearances. Please also know that the Blitz Team will only be in a few of the chapters, since this is mainly about the Kaiju Team. For some particularly blood-lusting people, I have put two battles in this one chapter, oy! Remember, it was you guys who decided on me to write this. Without further ado, I proudly present,

Kaiju Horizon

Enter Gojira, King of the Monsters!

By D1

"AAARRRRREEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRNNNNNKKKK!!" THOOM! THOOM! The desert sands rippled as if they were pools of water every time the earth shook beneath massive feet as an ancient mechanical behemoth roared out its frustration and anger to the entire world. Slowly but surely it continued to tread the sands, bellowing fiercely with every step. THOOM! "SSHHHHHREEEEEEEOOOORRRRRNNKKK!!!".

"I got the message already, you've been shouting it for an hour straight you know."

"GGGGRRRRRRREEEEERRRRRRAAAANNGGG."

"Alright! Alright! I'm sorry okay? Besides, I only overslept a little, we won't be that late for the battle."

"AREROINK!"

"Who are you to talk? You've hibernated for months on end, what's five minutes compared to that? Oh, come on, we can argue later; if you really want to get to that battle we better hurry."

"RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAOOOOOOOOIIIIIRRRRNNNKKK!!"

VVVVRRRRRRRRR. With a steady mechanical whine the blue and white snail-like Hover Cargo transport slowly made its way across the same seemingly endless desert on the planet Zi.

"Come on dad hurry!" The girl's whine was almost loud enough to match that of her father's carrier zoid. "By the time we reach the battlefield, the enemy would've won by default!"

"Have some patience Leena. We're almost there." Her father answered. Then he called out to three other young warriors who were loitering behind them. "Bit! Brad! Why don't you two get ready to move out?"

"Why not? The sooner we're out there, the sooner we can earn ourselves more individual points!" Bit shouted excitedly. He craved a challenge almost as much as Liger Zero, his rare, white, lion type zoid. Brad Hunter silently followed him out of the control room and down into the hangar where the machines were kept.

The last boy, Jamie Hemeros, remained to carry out his job as tactical adviser. "Hey Leena, don't you think you should get ready too?" he asked.

"Come on Jamie, we all know there's no need for that!" She laughed, not even trying to hide her ego. "With a warrior as beautiful and as talented as me on our team, how can we loose?"

Jamie sighed to himself. Will she ever get over herself? "What do think this team will be like doc?" he asked, turning his attention to her father.

"It's hard to say Jamie, we've been in S Class for three months now and I never once heard of the Kaiju Team before, but they must be gutsy to request a three-on-one battle against us. Hey Leena, you better man your Gun Sniper, we're here."

It wasn't long before the Blitz Team's three main zoids, the Shadow Fox, Gun Sniper, and Liger Zero's blue incarnation, Jager, were out on the burning sands. Inside a nearby crater, the robotic judge was already waiting for them.

"The area within a thirty mile radius is a designated zoid battlefield. Battle code: 0811, the Blitz Team vs. the . . . vs. the, where is the opposing team?! Tardiness for a zoid battle will not be tolerated.

"Wait, hold on!" A new voice shouted over the dunes. "I'm almost there, please don't start without me!"

"Fine then. The Blitz Team vs. the Kaiju Team! Ready . . . FIGHT!"

"A really big heat source is coming up on the monitors, get ready guys!" Jamie warned.

THOOM! "Gah!" Leena screamed. The sand suddenly turned shook and sifted and the three warriors began to struggle in order to keep themselves from sinking in.

"What the heck was that?" Brad shouted. THOOM!

"Something's coming over that dune!" Bit shouted, looking toward the east. Brad and Leena turned their heads to look as well and their jaws dropped. THOOM! THOOM! THOOM! With a few more steps the massive zoid made its way up and over the hill of sand. The creature was huge! Though it was a single piloted zoid, the beast was over sixty-five feet tall! A pair of house-sized saurian feet stood under legs thicker than oaks while two massive claws flexed high in the air. The thing was a charcoal black all over except for its row of dorsal spines; which glistened a silver gray. Like many zoids, this one had a cockpit shielded by an orange canopy, but even through that, the warriors of the Blitz Team could see an intensely burning pair of fearsome electronic eyes. The monstrous creature threw back its head and let out a deep, fearsome roar, as if to declare its presence to the entire planet.

"HHHHAAAAEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRRAAAAOOORRRRNNNNKKKK!!!

"It's . . . it's a Gojulas!" Jamie cried ecstatically.

"No kidding." Leena murmured. They all couldn't help but stare at the mammoth beast. Although this one lacked the MK II upgrades like most of its kind, the Gojulas before them was still quite intimidating, especially with such a dark coloration. "No wonder this guy was so cocky about a three-on-one fight."

"Hey, are you guys just gonna stand there or are we gonna battle?" The enemy pilot asked.

"The Gojulas were built for heavy assault and can take a lot of punishment, but their max speed is only about 75 mph, your best chances are to use speedy slash-and-run guerilla tactics against it at close range; the firepower on that thing is deadly so keep moving!" Jamie advised.

"Well, against a Gojulas the Jager is overdoing it. Doc, get the CAS ready." Bit said. "Brad, Leena, hold him off while the Liger and I convert to Schneider."

"We'll try to leave you something, but no promises." Brad grinned. Moving in first, his one-of-a-kind Shadow Fox unleashed its smokescreen, completely obscuring the enemy in dark vapor.

"EEAAAAARRRRAANNNKK??!!!" The Gojulas' bellow of confusion and rage confirmed that the tactic had been successful. Now it was time to use the heavy ammunition.

"Leena, move in now!"

"Right!" Despite her zoid's specialty, Leena Toros never used her blue, velociraptor type to snipe off enemies. Instead, she loaded it with CP-15 assault gattling guns, a hefty number of missile pods, and a set of CP-13 "Wild Weasel" upgrades. All of which were now going all out on the lone Gojulas.

"Nice try," the mysterious pilot grinned, "but you can't take out Gojira and I that easily."

"What?" TINK TINK TINK TINK TINK TINK TINK TINK TINK! KA-BOOM KA-BOOM KA-BOOM KA-BOOM KA-BOOM! The onslaught of her gattling guns merely bounced off the reinforced armor of the mighty zoid, and although every single projectile was a direct hit, none of them managed to even faze the monster zoid. The Gojulas seemed almost bored as the missiles detonated harmlessly on its thick metallic skin. "No way!" Leena cried. "I didn't even scratch that guy."

"And now it's my turn." The Kaiju leader smiled. Because she wasn't often in a situation where her ballistic assaults would fail, Leena had yet to gather her wits and run before the Gojulas' 70mm repeater cannon blew through the smoke and took out her computer with a single shot. This fight better get more interesting for what I've done to get here. The pilot thought to himself.

Sorry your usual approach didn't work Leena, but at least you provided decent distraction. Brad smiled inwardly as his zoid began to glow with blazing heat and leapt into the air. This guy won't even know what hit'em. "Strike-Laser Cla-" KA-BOOM! The Shadow Fox had almost sank its super-heated claws into Gojulas before the 20 and 30mm cannons on its tail suddenly swiveled around and blasted the zoid while it was in mid-air. In three seconds flat, Brad had joined Leena in being out of commission.

"I saw that attack coming a mile away. You get an "A" for effort." The Gojulas warrior chuckled as he brushed the battered machine aside with a sweep of his tail. By now the smoke had begun to clear and the massive dinosaur type searched eagerly for its last foe. "Now where did that Liger get to?"

"I'm right here; come and get me if you can!" Bit shouted ecstaticly as he and Liger Zero streaked past, hastily slashing into their opponent; but the Liger was no longer as it had first appeared to the Gojulas, for it had donned the bladed Schneider armor and when it brushed the Gojulas, the famous laser-blades cleanly cut through one of its 70mm cannons.

"REEEOOOAAARRRR!" Liger Zero roared triumphantly while the Gojulas shrieked in rage.

"Ouch." The pilot commented as he looked over the damage that Bit had caused. "That'll leave a mark."

"And it won't be the only one!" Bit replied. Circling around, he and the Liger prepared to finish the job with a Buster-Slash. In retaliation, the Gojulas fired at them with every weapon it could muster, but Liger Zero's cat-like agility enabled it to avoid every blast as it rapidly advanced.

"This guy is good. What'd you know Gojira, maybe we will have some fun here after all." The massive zoid ducked its head and charged to meet the Liger, its large, bulky tail flailing wildly from side to side. Although the Gojulas was not the fastest zoid in existence, it was still powerful enough to turn the Liger into scrap if they collided. But then again, the blades of the Schneider was also capable of slice through the Gojulas' armor like Swiss cheese in the process. The gap between them closed in a matter of milliseconds. Suddenly, with grace unbelievable for something of its bulk, the Gojulas pivoted on a 45-degree angle with the help of a special high-capacity CP-11 Maneuver Thruster unit and its tail, which immediately stiffened, prepared to swing into the Liger like a massive baseball bat. A combination of the Liger's ability, Bit's skill as a warrior, and a generous helping of luck was all that saved the Schneider from total disaster. "Darn, I thought I had you. So you guys really are a powerful team." Despite the situation, the pilot's laugh was good-natured. "But your not getting away that easily." The Gojulas suddenly took off, in the most futile attempt to catch Liger Zero.

Bit laughed back as he and Liger doubled back around; "Who said anything about me running away?" Strangely enough; in response to the Ultimate Xs charge, the Gojulas halted completely.

"Gojira, we gotta time this just right okay? Now get ready." Although jumping was not the Gojulas' best feet, slight hops that quaked the earth beneath them were achievable. The charging Schneider was and orange blur racing towards them, closing in rapidly. "Ten seconds 'till collision." 7 seconds, 6, 5, "NOW"

"AAARRREEERRRRNNNGGG!" The Gojulas bounded as high as it physically could, and at the same time, the pilot once again activated its special component, thrusting it to the side. Then end-result was similar to a matador avoiding a charging bull. 3, 2; at that moment, the Gojulas lashed out with its clawed forearms which tore and gripped deep into Schneider's neck and tail armor. The shear force and speed tension would have ripped any normal zoid's arms completely off, but this was no ordinary Gojulas. Keeping its firm grip, the pilot and his Gojulas allowed their mass to drag down the Liger Zero, a process that only took a few seconds. With its prey now thrashing and screaming viciously at such an indignity, Gojulas forced the creature onto the desert floor, pinning it with no chance of escape.

"Gotcha." The enemy pilot smiled. The 20, 30, and remaining 70mm cannons locked on to the immobilized zoid. "You better hurry up and surrender Bit Cloud, I don't want to blast your Liger's head off."

Seldom had Bit been in a situation like this, where his Liger Zero could lose. Liger tore at the ground and roared at this indignity, but the Gojulas' hold was firm, there was no getting out of this scrape. "All right." Bit sighed. "I give up."

"The battle is over! The battle is over!" The robot judge suddenly declared. "The winner is…the Kaiju Team!"

As soon as those words were announced, Gojulas immediately released Liger Zero and bellowed in victory. "RRAAAAEEEEERRRREEAAAAARRRRNNNKK!"

"GGGRRRRRRR." Liger merely shook himself and growled angrily at the loss. The Gojulas snapped its iron jaws in response.

"Hey don't sweat it." Bit reassured his partner. "We'll get him next time."

The Gojulas immediately began to move towards Leena and Brad, who were still sulking within their damaged zoids. "Looks like you two could use a lift." Its pilot said courteously. Those menacing talons that had been nothing but lethal a moment before, now gently caressed the broken creatures and lifted them up off the ground; one in each claw.

"What the heck are you doing?!" Brad shouted.

Leena wasn't too thrilled about it either. "Drop us now!" But they were already carried halfway back to the Hover Cargo.

"Hey wait up for us!" Bit shouted as he and the Liger ran to catch them.

Neither the Blitz, nor Kaiju team noticed however was that they were being watched by much more than zoid spectators. "Liger Zero, how could you allow yourself to be humbled by such a common zoid?" Alteil whispered. Because most of the Backdraft officials and operatives were either in prison or had gone straight, Alteil himself was now near the top of the organization command chain. And as such, he could do almost whatever his heart so desired; all it desired at the moment was both Liger Zero, and the zoid that defeated it.

"Slowly, easy does it!" Doc Toros called out. THOOM! THOOM! THOOM! With meticulous piloting, the Gojulas entered a side panel door and was moved into a secured space within the Hover Cargo's now cramped and overcrowded interior.

Jamie sighed with relief. For a moment he was worried that the transport's engines wouldn't be able to carry such weight, especially since the entire vehicle sank when the Gojulas first stepped on board. "Okay!" He shouted to the pilot. "Your zoid is secure, you can come down now!" The hatch opened and a lone, young figure stepped out from the cockpit of his massive combat unit to great his hosts. He didn't seem that much older than Bit, although he was slightly shorter with long smooth jet-black hair that arched forward in the bangs and was knotted into a short braid in the back. A blue headband adorned his forehead and his choice of clothing was a simple T-shirt, a blue jacket, and a pair worn out cargo pants.

"Hey, thanks again for giving me a lift back to my place. Um, you sure it's not too much trouble?"

The doctor smiled. "No problem at all. Your home isn't too far out of our way and it's the least we can do after you retrieved the Gun Sniper and Shadow Fox."

Brad snorted. "The way you totaled our zoids there's no way we have enough money to repair them."

"Only because dad keeps spending all the prize money we win!" Leena glared at her father.

The new pilot laughed. "Guys, guys, settle down. If you need some extra cash you can have the prize money I won from you today."

"But don't you need that money to repair the damage we did to your Gojulas?" Jamie asked.

"Nah, no sweat. The only real damage done was when the Schneider slashed off one of the cannons. Besides, I'm loaded."

Brad and Leena were not particularly fond of people who strolled around defeating him in battle without even trying; the stranger's bragging only served to worsen things.

Bit on the other hand, had nothing against the guest. "Man, your Gojulas was amazing out there. Um say, what was your name again?"

"My friends call me Eiji, Eijimoto Tanaka."

"Well Eiji, that's three things we owe you for now." Doc Toros smiled again. Having someone pay for repairs meant he could spend more on useless junk.

"Three things?"

"Sure. You spared the Liger Zero any real damage, the two other zoids you brought in for us, and you're paying for their repairs. Tell you what, you pilots must all be exhausted after that fight, why don't we head over to the kitchen and fix up some lunch?"

Eiji grinned. "Now you're talking." It had been a while since Eiji had the luxury of enjoying a regular home cooked meal, so there'd be no way he would decline. Before long, he and the Blitz Team were swarmed around a table snatching greedily food off quickly emptying plates.

"Hur Urergi." Bit said, his mouth filled with grub.

"Yeah?"

The leader of the Blitz Team managed a swallow before continuing. "I just want to thank you again for sparing the Liger; I'd sure hate to see the day when he ends up like Brad or Leena's zoids!" Bit's two teammates growled menacingly at the remark.

Eiji laughed. "I'm kind of glad I spared the Liger too. I'd be a sacrilege to destroy an Ultimate X like that!"

"So, you know about the Ultimate X huh?" Doc Toros asked.

"Of course, Gojira and I only go after the toughest opponents, and Ultimate Xs are as tough as zoids get. Too bad that after you, the only other one is the Berserk Fury."

"Gojira." Toros wondered. "I heard you say that name several times in the battle, is that what you call your Gojulas?"

Eiji nodded his head sheepishly. "Yeah, I guess so, he is a pretty special zoid."

"I'll say, it would take a spectacular pilot and zoid team to take out the Liger and me." Bit agreed.

"Doesn't look that special to me." Leena grumbled. "That hulking thing doesn't even have the MK upgrades."

"Well I beat you with him didn't I?" Eiji answered. "Besides, if I gave Gojira the upgrade, there wouldn't be room for the custom weapons."

"Customs, like what?" Jamie asked. "Except for your thruster unit, I didn't see anything really special on your Gojulas."

"Well, sorry but I'm really not at liberty to say." Eiji rubbed the back of his head nervously.

Leena snarled. "Probably because they're outlawed or something."

"Hah! How can the ZBC outlaw it when they've never even seen it being field tested?"

"You mean you created a whole new weapon?" Jamie asked.

"Not exactly, but let's just say that at this moment in time, there is no other zoid that could manage to use it; although I think there are still a few problems to work out before it can be used without worry."

"Sounds interesting." Toros grinned. "What kind of problems? Oh, and um, do you think I could get one exclusively when you decide to mass-produce it?"

"Well, I don't know. It could be a while before-" KA-BOOM! A sudden blast to the Hover Cargo's hull sent everyone, and everything sprawling to the floor.

"What the heck was that?!" Bit yelled.

"Hang one, we're getting an incoming message." Jamie told him. The monitor suddenly lit up with the snide face of a dark woman with skin that contrasted greatly against her frost-like hair. A horrible scar that seemed to spread as she spoke dissected half of her face.

"You are the Blitz Team are you not?"

"Depends." Brad glared. "Who wants to know?"

"I am the leader of the Backdraft group's Black Team. You have something with you that we want, something that we will go to any lengths to take."

"Oh no, not these guys again." Leena growled.

"You're wasting your time." Her father shouted at the screen. "We have no interest in your unsanctioned matches." KA-BOOM! KA-BOOM! KA-BOOM! More blasts began to rock the Hover Cargo, but Doc Toros managed to raise his shields in time.

"Who said anything about matches?" The Black Team leader asked. "As I have said before, we are going to do anything to take it."

"Guys we're reading several Helcats and about two dozen Rev Raptors closing in fast!" Jamie exclaimed.

"Hand over the Gojulas and Liger Zero or prepare to be annihilated!"

"Hah! Fat chance buddy." Bit laughed at the screen. "Like I'd give you Liger; and that Gojulas isn't even ours; although I don't think its owner would give it to you anyway; right Eiji? Eiji?" But the Kaiju Team's pilot had already disappeared. A second later his face showed up on another of the Hover Cargo's communication screens; the transmission was from within the Gojulas cockpit.

"Please hurry up and open the side panel."

"Eiji are you crazy?! Under normal circumstances you may be able to handle such odds, but this is the Backdraft group we're talking about!!" Doc yelled.

The boy remained placid. "Maybe you're right, but I cannot allow any harm to come to you because of me."

But Jamie wasn't about to let Eiji go on a suicide mission either. "Well good luck getting out, we're leaving you closed in. What do you have to say about that?"

"I'll send you money to repair your transport." KA-BOOM! KA-BOOM! KA-BOOM! More explosions, but this time they were from inside the hangar. In less than no time Eiji and Gojira managed to blow open the hatch and leapt out to face their new enemy. "You guys want of piece of us? Well then come and get it!!!"

"REEEEERRRAAAAAARRRROOOIIIIIIRRRRRNNNNNGGG!!!!" Despite the overwhelming odds, Eiji and Gojira charged in, guns blazing. They actually managed to take down about 1/4 of the enemy before the Black Team began to spread out.

"Alright remember." The leader snarled from some place away from the battle. "Helcats, draw the Gojulas' fire. Rev Raptors, move in and disembowel his weapons systems!" The battle had just become more difficult. The speedy Helcats continued to dodge around, firing continuously and damaging Gojira, yet at the same time, Eiji had to worry about the Rev Raptors that continued to swarm closer. There were just too many to take out and slowly, they began to where their prey down. Finally, one of the mechanical velociraptors managed to get in close enough to hit the mighty Gojulas with its large, retractable blades, taking out his last remaining 70mm cannon. Encouraged by their comrade's bravado, several more leapt in to fight at close range. Although the Gojulas managed to blast a few out of mid-air with the wrist-mounted, ARZ and TRZ 20mm guns, the other raptors used this as a diversion to latch on and begin hacking into the mighty Gojulas armor.

"EEEEAAARRRRRREEEE!!" The shrieks and roars of carnage echoed throughout the desert. While the Helcats continued their barrage, one Rev Raptor managed to climb onto Gojira's left arm and slash off the TRZ gun.

"AAAARRRREEEERRR!!" Immediately, the Gojulas reached over with his right arm and tore the creature off, taking care to crush the head and pilot so that it would no longer trouble them. A few more tried to come up from behind, but the rear-mounted 20 and 30mm cannons mercilessly tore through their lightly armored shells. Still, Eiji and Gojira could not fight on forever. The Helcats' steady blasts with custom mounted beam cannons eventually began to weaken the once strong, reinforced alloy while the Rev Raptors continued to circle and slash, cutting down the number of usable weapons with specially mounted drill units. Like vultures on a wounded animal, the velociraptor types suddenly rushed in at once, latching on to every space on Gojira's metallic body. Every time some were ripped loose and crushed underneath massive talons, more would take their place. One particular Rev Raptor managed to scale the Gojulas' massive back, gripping the dorsal spines, it hacked away relentlessly with retractable blades where Gojira couldn't reach. "EEERRRAAAAARRRAAANNG!!"

Eiji found himself almost as crazed as his partner. If this keeps up, that Rev Raptor will hack into the zoid core! Gojira bellowed and shook violently, but to no avail. Nothing they tried could dislodge the persistent zoid. KA-BOOM! KA-BOOM! Struck with a double shot cannon, the Rev Raptor practically flew off of Gojira's back before crashing onto the ground and exploding. "What the?" Who fired those shots?

"Hey Eiji!"

"Who is that; Bit??" The Liger Zero in its normal white armor raced past, firing at the Helcats who began to retreat, unprepared for a the surprise attack of the Ultimate X. "Bit what are you doing here?"

"Look Eiji, I know it's your fight and all, but you can't just go on suicide missions like this. That's why Liger and I are helping you." Catching up to one of the fleeing Helcats, the lion type sliced it cleanly in two with its Strike-Laser Claw!

"I cannot risk your life when they're after me and Gojira!" Eiji shouted at the other pilot as the Gojulas smashed another Rev Raptor's skull.

"Yell well, I can risk my own life whether you like it or not so-AAH!"

"Bit watch out!" A blast from a charged particle cannon nearly ended the Liger Zero's assault if it had not been for the zoid's ion boosters the propelled it out of was just in time. Suddenly Eiji realized there was one aimed for him too, using the same trick he used to dodge the Schneider, he narrowly avoided the beam, although some of Gojira's armor was melted from the heat.

"Blast you! You won't be so lucky this time!" The leader of the Black Team yelled at them. A pair of terrifying Geno Saurers, each about a hundred yards apart, charged down a dune; getting ready to finish Liger and Gojira at point blank with another round of charged particle beams. As they came, the Rev Raptors scattered to give their commander a wide birth.

"Geno Saurs eh?" Bit smiled. "Common Eiji, let's move in and finish them off before those cannons recharge!"

"No. Almost all of my weapons have been taken out . . . except for one." Eiji said solemnly; he was dreading what he'd have to resort to. "Bit, take the Liger and return to the Hover Cargo. Then you and your friends get as far away from here as possible."

"What? No way, I'm not leaving you behind."

"ARRNNGG!" the zoid the Eiji called Gojira barked something to the Liger.

"REEOOAARRR!" Immediately the white lion roared in response, turned, and began running away as fast as possible.

"Wait Liger! What're you doing?!" Bit shouted, but his zoid didn't respond. If what Gojira to him was true, they had to get away ASAP.

With their friends safely away, Eiji and Gojira turned back to the Genosaurs. "You brought this onto yourself. May the next world have mercy on your souls."

"This is your last chance to surrender!" The leader barked, the foot-locks of her zoid firmly planted themselves into the earth.

Eiji didn't answer. Instead, he grabbed a lever that wasn't found on any other zoid, and switched it to full power. "EERRRRAAAARRRRNNNGG!!" Immediately Gojira began to bellow as a new, fearsome power surged through its body. They Gojulas' insides seemed to glow with fiery orange and blue energy that threatened to cause a meltdown if not released. Calmly, Eiji began to flick on about four other strange switches, one by one. From the tail to neck, Gojira's spines began to light up as blue lightning danced along them, venting the high pressure and focussing the new power to one specific point.

"What the … what is this?" The Black Team's leader shouted. No one had seen this before.

"Your execution ceremony." Eiji whispered back.

"You're mighty cocky for a-" FWOOOOSH! Too late, just as the black-hearted woman was about to unleash her charged particle cannon once more, Eji struck. Activating one last, large switch, he unleashed the most powerful weapon ever created on Zi. Gojira opened his metallic, tooth-filled maw and from a specially graphed barrel, a shimmering blue-silver beam shot forth. There was no impact when it struck the lead Geno Saurer; the blast simply ate right through its armor, vaporizing it. The Geno Saurer's entire torso and mid-section were eaten through by plasma; the areas where the ray did not strike were at least superheated; some of which were gas chambers. KA-BOOM! An explosion a moment later took care of what was left of the zoid.

"Commander!" FWOOOOSH … KA-BOOM! The second Geno Saurer met a very similar end.

"AAAAAEEEERRRRROOOOIIIINNNKKK!!" Shaking furiously, Gojira continued his onslaught on what was left of the Black Team, the zoid had gone insane with uncontrollable power. Their leader utterly blown to bits before their very eyes, the terrified minions sounded the retreat, but the call came too little, too late. The Gojulas grabbed the nearest Helcat and bits off its head, crushing the pilot in deadly steal jaws.

"Gojira stop! Control yourself!" Eiji cried, but his words fell on deaf ears. The maddened zoid continued to butcher the already decimated enemy. Some brave, suicidal fools tried to swarm Gojira like before, only to have their bodies crushed like aluminum cans, or torn in half as if they were tin foil. The smart Helcats and Rev Raptors that tried to escape, also failed. Their speed did not save them from the long reach of Gojira's powerful new weapon. In some cases, the victims didn't even explode; the zoids were completely wasted where they stood. The power that swelled within Gojira was too great for even it to control now, and it had to be expended through whatever means possible. Three dozen men and women attacked one Gojulas that day; there were no survivors. Eiji prayed that now Gojira would return to normal, but the massive creature was still on a blood lust that had yet to be satisfied. Suddenly, Gojira's sensors detected a large object but a mile away, the Hover Cargo. At max speed, he began to charge towards his next victim.

The Blitz Team couldn't believe what their monitors were telling them. "They're . . . all dead." Doc Toros stared in disbelief.

"What, the heck was that??" Leena stammered.

Jamie whispered silently so that they barely could hear. "A Plasma Flame cannon." Although he knew what it was, the young boy could hardly believe it. Unlike an average Plasma Cannon, the Plasma Flame was so powerful and versatile, anyone who wields it would be unstoppable; but the same weapon was supposedly impossible to build and operate. Jamie had never believed that such power could actually be harnessed into a weapon like this.

Suddenly Eiji's face flashed on the communications screen. "Guys, Gojira's energy is out of control; he's gone berserk! You have to get out of here before he reaches you!" VRRRRMMMMMM. Immediately the massive transport began to move, but although the Hover Cargo was slightly faster than a Gojulas, Gojira's plasma flame would no doubt make that advantage obsolete. There's only one way to ensure their safety. Eiji though bitterly. Grabbing the switch he had used to activate the power for the Plasma Flame, he shut it off completely. When it was first activated, the power core that had fuelled the Gojulas' flame had formed a link with main zoid core that powered it. Now, as it was shut off, a chain reaction occurred within the titanic beast as all power was severed completely.

"UUUUUUURRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRREEEEERRRR!!!" Even the Blitz Team heard Gojira's wail of pain as all power was completely drained the gigantic zoid. The beast teetered for a moment; swaying drunkenly, until finally its legs buckled and the zoid's body toppled onto its side. Eiji found his consciousness slipping along with his zoid's due to the impact of Gojira's head striking the ground. When the sun set that day, ghostly shadows began to creep and dance over the body of a great destroyer, blanketing both Eiji and the zoid called Gojira in darkness.

<Eiji. Eiji wake up! >

"Huh what, Gojira?"

<All others are safely away; you can reactivate me now. >

"Oh yeah, sorry about that Gojira, for shutting you down I mean."

<No, it is I who should apologize; I was the one who lost control in the first place . . . again. > Slowly, power returned to the damaged Gojulas and it was slowly able to haul itself to its feet. For a moment it swayed like a drunk, unsteady and distant, before finally beginning a steady march homeward.

"Oh boy." The warrior sighed, looking over the damage readouts. "We sure paid the price this time, it'll take a while before these repairs on you will be complete."

<At least our match today was successful, and we even taught those Backdraft fools a lesson they won't soon forget. >

"Yeah, I guess today wasn't all bad."

<Eiji, go to sleep. I will take us home the rest of the way. >

"You sure you can manage Gojira?"

<After the power I felt today, I doubt that even both Ultimate Xs will be able to stop me. >

Eiji shook his head and closed his eyes, "Watch that ego of yours; you don't want a repeat of your first life."

"AAAAAEEEERRRRRNNNNGGGG!!"

NEXT EPISODE: What? Gojira's a ghost? FROM ANOTHER PLANET? How did he ever get to Zi? Despite their previous loss, it seems that the Backdraft isn't going to give up easily either; but they aren't the only enemy; what's with this red Storm Sworder? This isn't your everyday run-of-the mill zoid; and why does it seem to have such a grudge against Gojira? Next time one Zoids: Kaiju Horizon, The Revenge of Radon: Samurai of the Skies! Ready … FIGHT!