Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Kit and Lura ❯ A call for help ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kit and Lura

By Maja Jeppesen

Chapter One

A Call for Help

Bit Cloud walked happily throw the halls of the Blitz's cargo bay. His zoid Liger Zero stood strongly in it's usual spot. Leena wasn't far away as she rushed up to him. She gasped out of breath and had an angry look on her face.

"Where have you been!" She yelled. "We have a battle in five minutes!"

"What!" Bit cried in surprise. "No one told me!"

"Come on!" Leena cried pulling on his arm.

Once on the field Bit smiled even more in the Panzer. He watched Brad enter the area with his Shadow Fox and Leena with her Gunsnipper. They watched their appoints, the Loin Team enter the area as the white judge land. He gave his normal worrying and signaled for the fight to begin. Just as Bit was getting ready to fight, his screen showed something unusual up. There was another zoid in the area, but it wasn't from either team. A faint signal came from it before it disappeared.

"What the?" Bit asked when several rockets hit him.

"Bit!" Leena cried as she appeared in front of him. "Stop daydreaming!"

"There's another zoid!" He cried getting everyone on the Blitz team attention.

"What?" Doc asked in disbelief. "That's against the rules!"

"Are you going to fight or not?" The appoint, Mite asked annoyed. "What's the problem?"

"Did you bring in another zoid?" Doc asked.

"We only have three," he answered looking puzzled. "Why?"

"There's one in the area," Bit replied. "It's not one of ours… Hey Liger! What are you doing?"

With out warning, Liger started towards the area where the signal came from. Bit had no control over the zoid, who seemed determined to get to the zoid. Liger jumped out of the area and into the unknown, Brad not far behind.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he got next to Bit.

"Nothing!" Bit answered confused. "Liger isn't listening. Arrrgh!"

The Liger stopped suddenly. Bit wasn't sure what he was looking at first. It seemed so small for a zoid, but it was another Liger Zero. It looked pretty damaged. Opening the hack to his own zoid, Bit climbed out and walked carefully over to the damage Liger. Using the emergency hack, he opened to find a huge surprise. A young girl, no older then six, lay unconscious in the cockpit. She had long blond hair like him. Her cloth was stained in blood. Calling for help, Bit unbuckled the child and lifted her out. She was unusually light. After a few minutes, the Blitz Team had the injured polite under care, and her zoid inside.

Chapter Two

Kit and Liger

Bit looked strangely at the two Ligers, They seemed to talk to each other, and yet, they just stood there. Every now and then, however the small Liger would sit down and scratch itself like a dog and lie down. It was then when Bit noticed that his Liger snarled lowly to it as if it was giving it an order, then the small one would stand up again. Jamie came walking up to Bit staring at the zoids.

"I've never seen a zoid do that before," He muttered as he held a piece of paper loosely in his hand.

"How's the kid?" Brad asked looking at the two, when the small Liger turned and walked slowly up to them. "I didn't know a zoid could do that,"

Bit's Liger followed slowly behind and like a dog, closed its jaws softly around the small one's neck and carried it back to its place.

"She'll recover," Jamie answered not looking to the person he was talking to. "But we can't find anything on her. All we know is that her name is Kit,"

"How?" Bit asked looking confused.

"Her necklace has her name written on it," He answered. "And you guys won't believe this but that's a real live growing zoid,"

"What?"

"I ran a diagnostic on it and it turns out its made to last for ever," Jamie replied. "It grows like a normal human until it reaches adult hood. Just like yours Bit. Weird isn't it?"

Bit nodded as he walked out of the room. He felt worried about Kit. As he entered the sick bay, he found her wide-awake, looking around. She stared at him as he entered.

"Are you Bit Cloud?" She asked. She green-eyes looked confused. He nodded slowly and took a seat. "Thanks,"

"For what?"

"Saving me," She answered looking down at her bandaged hands. "I was told that I would have died out there, if you hadn't found me,"

"Actually," Bit replied. "It was Liger…"

"Oh my god!" She cried getting out of the bed. Her upper body was wrapped in bandages since her shirt had been taken. "Where's Lura!"

"Lura?"

"My zoid," She replied blushing a little. "The white Liger. I call her Lura,"

"Oh!" Bit answered.

"Can you take me to her," Kit asked looking pretty embarrassed. "She gets pretty scared when she doesn't know where I am,"

"Sure," Bit answered.

It felt like a dog following him around. Every turn he made, Kit followed not far behind him. She looked around nervously. Bit figured that she didn't want to get lost. As they entered the cargo bay, Lura rushed over to her pilot joyfully. Kit patted the zoid.

"You fixed her up," Kit replied happily. "Thanks. I wish I had something to pay you in return,"

"It's okay," Leena said smiling. "Bit found the extra parts so it was no problem,"

The next few days, Kit stayed with the Blitz team to recover. She had no idea where she came from or where she had gotten Lura from either. All she really knew was that her name was Kit, her zoid was Lura, and her parents were dead. Secretly the Blitz Team met in secret to talk the matters over.

"So what are we going to do with her?" Bit asked looking concerned. He had taken a strong liking to her.

"The best would be putting her in an orphanage," Brad answered.

"We could take care of her ourselves," Jamie suggested.

"Are you crazy!" Leena cried. "We can't all watch her. Besides, I don't have time for that,"

"I'll do it," Bit replied.

"What?" Leena asked surprised and calmly.

"I'll watch her," Bit replied. "What? It can't be that hard and besides, Liger has taken a liking to Lura,"

"You sure Bit?" Doc asked. "I mean, it takes all to watch a kid. I should know,"

"We can't put her in an orphanage," Bit pointed out. "I've been in one. They are horrid. I'll watch her. If she gets in trouble, I'll take the blame,"

Chapter Three

Leena is Out

Six months had past since Bit had made his decision on adopting Kit. Now Kit wasn't a bad girl, she just messed up a lot. It didn't help with the fact that Lura wasn't to keen on following orders. Bit had taken her out so she could practice controlling in her own Liger. Sadly, Lura was more for games and Kit was also.

"Kit!" Bit yelled as Liger stopped Lura in her tracks. "Will you please pay attention?"

"Sorry,"

"Now aim for that rock over there," Bit replied as he continued the lesson. "And fire,"

"Like this?" Kit asked, when Leena call behind her in the Gunsnipper.

"How's it going?" She asked, she had no idea that she startled Kit and Lura. Lura turned quickly and fired. "Arrrrrrgh!"

"Oops," Kit uttered.

"KIT!" Bit yelled angrily. "WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR!"

"It was an accident," Kit replied as she backed away. Even Liger seemed crossed with her and Lura.

"You okay Leena?" Bit asked.

"DO I LOOK OKAY!" She yelled back. "I just had this fixed, and with one close shot, I'm out of the game. There's no way I can fix this before the match. Hey? Where's Kit going?"

Bit turned quickly only to seen Lura running off. She knew she was in big trouble. Giving a frustrated yelled, Bit left Leena to go after his adopted daughter. It took some time, but he caught up with her and brought her home. After an hour of lectures, Bit `grounded' Kit to her quarters. Bit seemed more crossed with her then he ever had. She was surprised he hadn't used any physical punishment on her. Bit stormed down the halls and in to the control room. Brad was about to say I told you so.

"Not a word!" Bit growled angrily. "My day is bad enough as it is,"

"It's going to get worse," Jamie replied. "We up against the Back Draft group,"

Several disapproving groans find the room.

Getting Jager ready, Jamie looked at Bit nervously. He looked surprised when Jager growled angrily at Lura, who retreated to her corner.

"Don't you think you're a little to hard on those two?" Jamie asked and only received an angry mumble from Bit.

Kit sat in her room. She had really messed up this time. She was nervous when it came to firing weapons. And now with Leena on the sidelines, they were a player sort. They would loss the battle. No, Kit couldn't let that happen. Even if it meant Bit would kill her, she had to help. Silently and carefully she walked out to the cargo bay. She and Lura had to help out.

Chapter Four

Rescue

Bit watched amazed over the unfair number of zoids he was up against. Several Hellcats raced around him and Brad. Jamie would often help out but several Zabats were chasing him. Bit heard Layon's mucking laughter on his COM.

"I want to test a new zoid on you," He said and the Hellcats back away.

An Iron Kong walked out of the Whale King. It pounded its chest and fired several rockets, which hit the Shadow Fox.

"Brad!" Bit yelled. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," Brad replied. "But my system froze. You're on your own,"

Before Bit could do anything, the Iron Kong had a death gripe on him. Believing the game was over; Bit was ready to say good-bye to Liger.

"Kit to the rescue!" A voice called threw the Com. Bit couldn't believe it.

""Kit!"

"I believe you need my help," She said as she used Strike Laser Claw on the Kong's arm. Liger landed hard on the ground.

"I believe I told you to stay in your room!" He called angrily.

"Hey!" Kit yelled back angrily. "Do you want my help or not?"

"Pilot!" Layon called to her. "Identify yourself,"

"I'm Kit," She replied with a smile. "Surprise!"

Layon looked shocked.

"You're dead!"

"Guess again!"

Yelling in angry, Layon sent eight Hellcats after them. Kit took and run to the left and Bit to the right. They got three both leaving them with two more.

"Where did they go?" Kit asked looking around. "ARRRRRRRRGH!"

Out of nowhere, rockets hit her. The two Hellcats where sure it was Bit but got a nasty surprised when Bit got them from behind. Before they knew it, the battle was over. Bit raced to Kit who lay stunned on the ground.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Lura got up and shock the dust off. And roared happily.

"This is the advantage of being small," She laughed. Her face was covered in dust. "Is that it makes you harder to hit!"

Bit could help it. He was relieved that she was okay. As they got back to the cargo bay, Bit gave her another lecture on following orders. They celebrated a little over Kit's first battle on the Blitz Team. Kit had made history. She was the youngest person to fight in a zoid battle.