Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Out of the Closet ❯ Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Out of the Closet

A Zoid Fic

By: Brenna "Snakelady" Dawkins

Rated: PG-13, for slash, J/B!

Disclaimer: Zoids and it's characters, Jamie, Bit, Leena, Brad, Doctor Toros, and Harry do not belong to me, unfortunately or else I'd be rich, so you better think twice about suing me!

Summary: Bit's out of commission because of an accident on the battlefield. The Blitz Team grudgingly accepts Harry's assistance. B/J some light slash…



Lyger was trying to out race the Lightning Sikes again. Bit was shoulder to shoulder to his opponent as they raced towards a Cliffside.

"Bit! What are you, crazy? Turn!" Leena shouted though the intercom.

"I'm not gonna blink first!" Bit responded and Lyger growled in accord. They dashed across the expanse kicking up a trail of dust in their wake.

"Don't be stupid, Bit!" That from his beloved Jamie and Bit smiled. Ever since he and Jamie had become more than just friends, the Raynos pilot had become excessively protective of him as he duked it out on the battlefield.

"Not happening in this lifetime." Bit could hear the protesting sound of metal grinding against metal as the two zoid's shoulders stayed locked together. Lyger could take it, he knew and was more than willing to prove it. Only problem was his team. He appreciated the concern, but he was a big boy and he could watch out for himself on the field. The cliff side that over looked the ocean came ever closer. Neither he nor the Lightning Sikes were ready to call it quits.

"What'er you thinking, Lyger?" Bit habitually asked his zoid.

The Lyger roared his eagerness to see it to the end and Bit grinned childishly. He could always count on his robotic partner. Lyger's heart matched his own as well as the love of winning any challenge.

"Gonna call chicken yet?" Bit called over to his opponent.

"Not likely." Came the reply. "Was just getting ready to ask you the same thing."

Bit laughed and shoved a little harder against his opponent, trying to make the Sikes loose its footing as they barreled towards the ocean.

"BIT!" Jamie hollered at him. "If you're trying to prove something, well, we already know you're crazy! So quit it and turn around!"

Bit was adamant, "Let me do this, Jamie! You can punish me later."

He heard Jamie's unintelligible grumbling over the com but there was no other reply. The Cliffside was coming fast upon them. They were very nearly to the point of no return when the Lightning Sikes suddenly did a thing no one on the Blitz team had ever seen it do before. It flung itself up into the air and did an incredible backbreaking twist and was suddenly running the opposite way. Bit's jaw dropped at the awe inspiring maneuver when Lyger roared suddenly and planted his four clawed feet into the sand and skidded to a halt up to the very edge of the overhang. Bit had been so wrapped up in the amazing back flip the Sikes had preformed, that he had momentarily forgotten about the cliff.

Bit's heart eventually found it's way back to his chest though it was still pumping full speed, "Nice save, buddy!" He breathed as sweat beaded his brow.

"Damn!" He heard Jamie's angry voice over the com. "BIT! You okay?"

"Show off!" Leena growled at him even though he knew he detected fright in her venom filled comment.

"Hey, didn't I tell you guys to trust me? I got it all under control!" Bit beamed back at them, putting on a false air of confidence to mask over the still present feeling of terror. He almost went over the edge! He let out a quiet sigh of relief. Man, he was good!

Suddenly, the sand bank decided that the weight of the Lyger was just too much for it. Bit felt the ground begin to shift and the Lyger looked down as the ground sloughed out from under it's feet. The Lyger roared and tried to leap over to solid ground but there was nothing for it to push off of and it and Bit plummeted off the cliff.

Jamie was shouting something at him but he couldn't hear what his mate was saying over his own yelling and the Lyger's deafening roar as they slammed into the ocean on their side with half the cliff side on top of them. The Lyger proceeded to sink since it was not a water zoid. It couldn't swim even though it kicked out and tried to orient itself once it was underwater. Bit looked up and saw that the cockpit glass was cracked and gulped. Please let the glass hold.

As if on cue, he felt a tiny jet of salt-water stream onto his temple. Crap! He tried to contact the hover cargo but the com system had failed. Double crap! Lyger's systems were going into a cascading failure. It couldn't stand the salt in the water. It wasn't built to be totally submerged.

Jamie, Bit thought frantically, come and get me!

He felt the water pooling around his ankles and new it would rise fairly fast in the small cockpit. He'd drown. Drown in his own zoid. Dr. Layon would find that extremely funny. He sighed.

Pop. What was that? Another stream of water cascaded into the cockpit right onto his crotch. Man that was cold! He squirmed to move away from it but his harness wasn't about to let him. His pants were soaked. His crotch and his feet were cold. He was gonna die if his team didn't hurry it up.

"Lyger?"

There was no response. The zoid was totally shut down. He shuddered to think of the kind of damage his zoid was taking due to saline contamination. Of course, if he died before that could happen, then he'd have nothing to worry about. He sighed again. He'd better not die. He didn't even get to say goodbye to Jamie.

A shadow blocked out the light from above and Bit hopefully looked up. Maybe it was his rescue! But instead, what he saw was a large boulder as it sank and settled itself with a glass-grinding crunch right on top of the windscreen. That didn't sound good, Bit thought. He heard new cracks forming all across the glass and gulped. Hurry, guys! He thought anxiously as his cockpit was suddenly flooded with water.



Bit woke up in bed. He was warm. He was dry. He was alive. He sighed in relief and let himself relax. Bit put his arms behind his head and enjoyed a peaceful moment. Then he remembered his Lyger and sat straight up in bed, then winced and made himself lie down gently. He must have taken a hit and gotten hurt in that fall. But he couldn't get his mind off his Lyger. Where was it? Was it still under the ocean? They couldn't leave it there! Where was the stupid com?

Luckily he was saved again as Jamie wandered in.

"Well, Mr. I Know What I'm Doing, looks like your luck is still holding. Leena wanted to leave you there and collect the Lyger later after your corpse drifted away in the tide. But I told her I wasn't into necrophilia." Jamie sat himself on the edge of Bit's bed. He grabbed Bit's offered hand and squeezed it. "Man it's good to see you. I thought I lost you! What you want me to get a heart attack?"

Bit smiled fondly at his mate's constant worry, "Sorry I thought that cliff would be stable."

"We told you to break it off." Jamie sighed and kissed Bit's knuckles. "Why can't you listen to us for once?"

Bit shrugged and enjoyed Jamie's attention until Leena stormed in.

"What do you think you're trying to prove out there, moron?" She yelled at him. "This team doesn't have time for your little personal battles on the field! Now the Lyger's out of commission and so are you! We got another battle tomorrow and we're short! All because of your stupid, selfish-!"

"Leena!" Jamie stopped her tirade. "Come on."

"Jamie! Look, I know I wouldn't like anyone yelling at my boyfriend either, but if you aren't going to knock some since into that thick skull of Bit's, than I WILL!" She shouted and stomped back out the way she came.

"She has a point." Jamie agreed once she was out of earshot.

Bit blinked, hurt. "What?"

"Who are we gonna get to take your place tomorrow? No flight zoid's will be allowed and we have to have three players." Jamie sighed.

Bit was quiet as he thought about it. "We-e-ell. See if Harry would be willing to lend a hand."

Jamie frowned. "Are you sure?"

Bit smiled evilly. "You'd have a willing third and it'd get Leena back for yelling at me."

Jamie rolled his eyes and stood up. "Fine, I'll tell the Doc your suggestion and we'll see."

Bit wouldn't release Jamie's hand and the youth quirked an eyebrow at the Zoid warrior.

"We can't. You're still too hurt." Jamie protested as Bit tried to pull him back towards the bed.

Bit sighed and released the dark haired kid.

Jamie smiled, "I'll be back soon. Man, I can't wait to see the look on Harry's face when he finds out about us."

Bit had to grin at that and watched as the love of his life left him in peace.



"NO!" Leena pleaded with her father but the Doc had thought Bit's idea was a good one and had put the call out to the Champ base despite his daughter's attempts to waylay him.

Leena glared at Jamie who just shrugged. "It wasn't MY idea." He reminded her.

"I'm gonna KILL Bit!" Leena growled under her breath.

It wasn't long before a VERY enthusiastic Harry and crew arrived at the Blitz team's base.

"Leena! Your Knight in Shining Armor is here! Where are you, my dove? My nightingale? My morning lark?" Harry called as his robot team members followed him.

"Hey-ya, there Harry." Brad came up to meet him.

"Not now, Brad. I must seek out my muse, my guiding light, my future queen!"

Brad smirked. "Whatever."

"Philistine." Harry muttered as he continued on his search.

Leena rushed into the room where Bit was recuperating. "Harry's here!"

Bit wanted to laugh at her panicked countenance. "He's not that bad. I thought you enjoyed the attention."

Leena gave him a strained look. "If only he'd tone it down a little! You brought him here, you have to help me out with this."

"What do you mean?" Bit asked suddenly suspicious.

She crawled up in the bed with him and he winced as she jostled a sore spot.

"What're you doing?" He demanded as she snuggled up against him.

"He's sure to check out every room. He'll eventually come into this one." She said calmly. "This'll shut him up."

Bit tried to scoot away from her but she put her arms around him. "You owe me."

"What if Jamie walks in?" Bit demanded.

"We'll worry about that when it happens." She curled up against him and he sighed. It hurt if he moved too much so he had to let her do whatever she wanted. He didn't like feeling so helpless, especially near Leena.

Just as she said, Harry soon poked his face in the door. His heart fell at the sight of Leena snuggled up against Bit.

"Leena!" Harry cried.

"Oh, hello, Harry." Leena said nonchalantly as if she was surprised to see him.

Poor Harry, Bit thought to himself, then altered that to poor me as Jamie entered. Jamie stood next to a wounded Harry as he stared at the couple in bed.

"Bit." Jamie said quietly, cautiously.

"Uh-h-h-hm." Bit babbled.

Leena let go of Bit.

"Disgusting, isn't it?" Harry sobbed.

"Jamie." Leena sat up self-consciously and let go of Bit.

"Leena." Bit growled.

"Harry." Jamie turned to the head of the Champ team.

"Jamie." Bit said.

"BIT!" Harry cried.

"Harry." Jamie repeated.

"Jamie?" Harry sniffed.

"It's not what you think, Harry." Bit finally said.

"Wait, Bit. Yes it is!" Leena tried to latch back onto Bit.

Jamie hurried over to the bed and a disturbed Harry followed.

"It better not be what I think it is." Jamie said.

"It's not, kid." Bit assured him.

Jamie was beside Bit and Harry was next to Jamie.

Harry sobbed, "Bit!"

"Not that again!" Leena growled.

"Harry, relax. It was a prank." Bit tried to get Harry to listen. "I promise, there's nothing between me and Leena."

Tears in his eyes, Harry sniffed, "Yeah right! And what can you possibly do to make me believe THAT?"

Bit grabbed Jamie's shirt and pulled him down and planted a long, deep, and passionate kiss on the kid's lips. Both gave every impression that it was an enjoyable experience. Harry stared at them, wide eyed. When Jamie was finally released from Bit's outward show of affection, there was a red glow on the kid's cheeks and a silly grin on his face.

"You… two?" Harry stuttered. Bit and Jamie nodded and Harry broke out into an insane grin and hugged Jamie. "Thank you! You made me a believer! Now there's nothing that can stand in the way of Leena and my love for her!"

Bit had to smirk at that. Poor Jamie insisted that he was having trouble breathing due to Harry's over enthusiastic bear hug. Leena was the only one who didn't seem happy. It was turning out to be an interesting day, Bit thought.

END?