Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ resurrected soul ❯ A Spirit or Zoid ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Wateva I said be4.

Sorry guys for not posting for a long time, I'm a bit caught up with projects and homework. Anyway, I'm gonna update now and hopefully sometime soon I'm gonna update again. Also for ff.net readers, when u read the story, the spaces get mixed up, when I leave a space, it doesn't appear, stupid computers, oh well. For mm.org, all stations go, except for the bit where when I upload something, it doesn't appear till like a week later or something like that.

Resurrected Soul. Chapter 3: A Spirit or Zoid.

****

"Come On! Help me here! He isn't a feather you know!" shouted Van under all the strain of carrying Raven. "Fine then, but it should be you carrying it alone, we never said we wanted to save him." complained Moonbay. "I don't mind carrying him." Said Fiona. "That's cos' you like Van and you'll go with anything he'll say," replied Moonbay mockingly. Fiona blushed furiously, though Van was absolutely oblivious to what was happening behind him. "Umm, Can I just ask, why are they so cold, and why do they have frost on them?" questioned Irvine. Moonbay said thoughtfully, "He's got a point, it wasn't so cold in there, it couldn't have made frost." "SHUT UP WILL YOU?? We have to get him to a base or something or he'll freeze!" shouted Van looking very irritated. "OK, OK, no need to shout!" Moonbay said just as irritated as Van was.

****

At the nearest military base…

"Will he be all right?" Van whispered to the nurse. "He'll be fine, just in a state of shock, still unconscious though. We aren't entirely sure if he will wake anytime in the near future." she whispered back.

Meanwhile…

"I wonder why Van wants to help Raven, I mean, OK his father would have wanted him to and all that but, still, they hate each other don't they?" Irvine said. "I'm guessing that Van has one of his `save the day' plans in his mind and he needs Raven for something, or maybe he just pities him. I would except for the fact I hate him." Moonbay said, adding a few grumbles of, `he damaged my Gustav the stupid brat . . .' along with the `I hate him' bit.

****

Fiona sat in her room looking out the window. The grey sky loomed overhead. It showed no signs of going away. ` The sky is so grey today . . . It's so boring. I wonder if Moonbay is right . . . do I like Van, I don't know myself what it feels like exactly to be in love with someone . . .' As she looked out of the gloomy window, she noticed a DiBison limping towards the base. "Thomas!" She ran down the flight of stairs outside her room to the kitchen, it greeted her with the usual grey wink at her. "Thomas is outside, the DiBison is damaged, we need to help him!" she cried running all over the base. Moonbay looked shocked, "Thomas, in this weather, at this time, in this place! What is he thinking of travelling all by himself out here!" They all ran out to help him out of the rain. "What happened to you Thomas?? Why are you even here at this time??" shrieked Moonbay when he got inside. "I heard that you guys came here, so I was on my way to visit the sweet Fiona when I was attacked by a strange Zoid. It looked nothing like a Zoid I've ever seen. I managed to get away in time but my DiBison was still hurt." He panted. "What!! Where did you see this `Zoid'?" Irvine questioned. "Only a few kilometres away from the base, why?" "It is an ancient beast or Zoid or whatever it is. It's been around for centuries attacking innocent Zoid pilots, who pass the area, but it has never been known to travel out of the Kabolin range, this could have a devastating effect on the world if it gets anywhere further it could ruin many cities, we need to hurry!" explained Moonbay. Irvine hurried off to tell Van the news. "WHAT!!! It's out of the range??" "Yeh it's out of the range and on the desert, we need to get out there and destroy it!" "We can't we don't have enough information on it, we don't even know what it is!" "But if we don't attack it could destroy whole cities!" "As Lieutenant Van Flyheight I forbid you to attack with out my permission, for now I want you to question Schubaltz and find out any information we can get." "But . . ." "No buts, get moving!" Irvine slumped off to the room where they put Thomas. "Mr. Flyheight?" Van jumped, he turned around. "Oh it's you, how is Raven?" The nurse replied, "He's just woken up, would you like to go see him?" "Yeh, sure."

****

In Raven's room . . .

Van entered the room; it was just as dull as any of the other rooms, plain grey. Raven looked towards him, "Why are you here?" "Hey, you should be more grateful, we could have left you to die in that cave, but we took you here. All you can say is `What are you doing here'?" replied Van. "Fine then, what do you want?" asked Raven. "I want to find out as much as I can about the beast. Can you tell me as much as you can remember?" "Well, I'm not feeling up to it right now." "OK, I'll come back tomorrow and ask you again." Finished Van. He walked out into the hallway and closed the door.

****

Fiona pulled Moonbay into a small room. "Moonbay, what does it feel like to really love someone?" asked Fiona. "Well, when you look at that person you feel sort of tingly inside, you feel like you want to be with them for ever and you just feel happy when you are with them, I guess . . ." said Moonbay awkwardly, "Why do you want to know?" "Well, when we were carrying Raven to the base, you said I liked Van, and I thought, do I like him. I didn't know what it felt like, so I couldn't determine if I did or not. So I decided to ask you." "Ha, well I can tell you like him, you always look at him and you just seem so fond of him. You agree with him on practically everything, you guys seem so right for each other. I reckon you should ask him if he likes you." Fiona blushed deep red, "You think?" "Yeah, I reckon he likes you too!" "I'll think about it,"

****

Weeks passed, Raven made no progress he couldn't remember anything. No matter how much Van persuaded him to talk, Raven just sat there, looking confused, Van asked Zeke to ask Shadow if he could remember, he couldn't remember anything either. Moonbay sat on the sidelines watching them bustle around, "Like owner, like organoid, that doesn't sound right but its true. Look at them, Raven and Shadow can't remember anything, Van and Zeke both get angry at them, it's almost as good a reality TV." Irvine sat next to her, "I see what you mean, and they are both like connected to their organoid. They could almost be brothers, they both share the same talents: piloting Zoids and being able to communicate to organoids. It's amazing." "One day we might be able to make a documentary on them both, we could earn good money, like the most wanted Zoid pilot and the most well known lieutenant there is, imagine what money we could fetch from that!" added Moonbay. "Err . . . Moonbay, I'm not entirely sure they will let us do that, they are a very active lot." Irvine pointed out. "Oh, yeah I forgot about that point. I wonder how we could make Raven or Shadow talk about it." "I don't know, I don't know. We should get ready for dinner, doubt they'll be coming." (Points over to Van and Zeke) They left for the dining room, talking about ways they could make Raven and Shadow say something.

****

Fiona was sitting in her room again, looking out the same gloomy window, `Does Van like me? I don't know, how should I ask him.' She jumped out of her thoughts when she heard a few knocks on the door. "Fiona, are you OK? We started dinner a while ago and you didn't come down!" came the muffled voice of Moonbay through the door. "Oh sorry Moonbay, you can come in if you want," replied Fiona. Moonbay opened the door, and sat down next to Fiona. "Is everything alright? You look troubled." Asked Moonbay. Fiona looked at Moonbay carefully, "Well, I've been wondering how I should ask Van if he likes me or not." "Oh! I see, well just ask him what he thinks of you, or just let him say it when he's ready." "OK, are you sure that will work?" "Yeah, that's what I used to do, I think . . . ha-ha, well come down for dinner, it's getting cold." They both got up and went downstairs. Van was sitting at the table in what appeared to be a deep thought stance. "Err . . . what are you thinking about Van?" asked Fiona. "Well, I was thinking, maybe we could jolt his memory by like taking him to the cave where we found him, maybe he would remember then." Explained Van. "Great idea Van, I don't know why I didn't think of that. How bout' we go tomorrow morning?" said Moonbay happily. They all agreed to it, then sat down to finish their dinner.

****

Raven had a restless night that night. He had fallen asleep knowing he would visit the cave again. He knew about the cave, he knew what the beast looked like, but he would not tell anyone. Shadow would not tell either, both were afraid of relieving the memories. For one of the first times in their lives, they were too scared to do anything about it. Raven and Shadow were afraid of going back to the cave, fearing for their own lives and the others too. He dreamt of the beast for the third time in one week, the same frightening scene when he turned around to see the beast. It did not have the unearthly feeling of a ghost, but instead had the glint of metal from a Zoid. He knew that it was in fact it was not a ghost but a real Zoid, customized for the purpose of scaring people away while an even bigger plan lay beneath. The reason why it had `hibernation periods' was because, by the time one of the descendants figured out how to use it, they were growing old, eventually dying, leaving the Zoid in the descendants hand, yet the descendant would have to figure out how to use it by themselves. This was his guess, but the only one that made sense. As Raven tossed and turned in his bed, Shadow stayed by his side, watching him carefully.

****

Well another chapter over! I had fun writing this hope you like this chapter, there should be 2, 3 more chapters till this story finishes though I might make a sequel. We'll see.

Leni o'

~_^