Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Zoids: Counterforce ❯ Daybreak ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zoids:Counterforce

Pyroteknix

Disclaimer: I don't own any zoid, character or anything related to Zoids.

I only own this story.

A small blue Gunsniper races across the Elemia Desert. Inside, JC, a young pilot running sweeps for sleeper zoids for his small town, hums a short tune while expertly manipulating his powerful velociraptor back home after a long day of patrol duty. His ignorant bliss is cut short when his zoid's powerful legs step over the final sand dune separating him from his small village. Embers and thick smoke fill the hot air as a single red T-rex type zoid scorches the surroundings with a powerful charged particle beam emanating from it's gaping jaws. It's attack is temporarily halted as a lone Zaber Fang tackles the scarlet behemoth, the feline zoid's attack merely distracting it. Using a powerful pincer, the red zoid scoops up the Zaber Fang easily and tosses it on top of JC's house, sending debris everywhere. Something snapped in JC's mind, making him realize who was in the Zaber Fang. "Jacob! Do you hear me buddy?" JC asks to his long time friend and companion. A staticky image appears on JC's HUD, "JC, I couldn't even save one home here," The bleeding face of Jacob, replies. " I'm sorry man." "No! Wait! I'll save you, just hang on there!" JC pilots his Gunsniper toward the destructive force that blew up his village; his zoid's missile launcher covers popping up. Roaring with rage, Jc presses the fire button on his controls sending 24 missiles streaming at the enemy zoid, simultaneously using his zoid's machine guns to pepper his foe. Pulling up the brakes, his predominantly blue velociraptor type zoid warily waited for the smoke to clear, only to get rewarded with a swipe from his enemy's tail, sending him and his zoid over the dunes and skid across meters of rough sand. His head bashed against the wall, knocking him out faster than a Lightning Saix.

JC wakes up, shaking his brown haired head as he stares at a guy shaking his shoulder. The color of the sky was purplish, indicating early morning. " Hey, you alright there?"

"Must have hit my head on the wall of my zoid, knocking the cockpit hatch open…" He thinks to himself, the only words coming out of his mouth being: "Uhuh." But his dazed attitude disappears like a flash as he remembered the events preceding his unconciousness. His body jolts upright from his lay-down position, his face a mask of anger and sadness. "What happened to my town? Answer me now!" He says, choking the poor man's collar. "Your village? Now that's weird…" The guy says scratching his head. " Yeah, it was my village, before some freak in this powerful zoid blows it up!" He says, frustration highlighting every sylablle. "Uhuh…" The guy says sarcastically "As in you mr. Freak with powerful zoid." This of course caused a jaw drop by JC "I, Lt. Max of the Preventers, arrest you under suspicion of destroying this settlement." His actions based on pure instinct, JC closes his zoid's cockpit and races away from Lt. Max. Moving as swiftly as a wolf, the Preventer Lt hops in his own zoid, an upgraded Command Wolf Urban outfitted with the same type of gatling gun as that of a Shadow Fox, signalling his back up troops to appear. A Lightning Saix and a Venomous Viper, both piloted by Max's friends from the Preventers, a first strike team organized for helping the Guardian Force in various missions, even if there was a small hatred for each other currently. The 3 zoids chased JC's Gunsniper across the desert, occasionally shooting craters behind the mechanical velociraptor. Using skills leaving Max and his teammates in awe, JC dug 1 claw of his zoid's foot into the ground; concurrently activating it's thrusters as well, resulting in him facing the 3 advancing zoids head on. Activating his front claw based machine guns; he disables both the Lightning Saix and the Venomous Viper, the Lightning Saix's right leg taken out while the Gunsniper's bullets penetrated the spine of the latter. Max, showing amazing skills of his own, somersaulted over the Gunsniper, shooting his giant gatling gun as soon as his Command Wolf's paws touched the ground.

But JC was already moving, Max's bullets striking sand as he countered with a volley of missiles, which were picked out of the sky by Max's giant pea-shooter. Inching backwards, he fired a relentless rain of bullets at the advancing Command Wolf, which skillfully dodged all of them while retaliating with his gun. The battle was fast becoming a one-sided duel as Max repeatedly dodged JC's shots, his shots striking the Gunsniper's armor in reply. Max's Command Wolf jumped around the Gunsniper, moving before JC got to shoot. Using high-level skills, Max lunged his zoid at the Gunsniper like a bullet but swiftly dashed to the side, his zoid's paws barely even scraping of the sand of the desert, evading the machine gun fire. This, of course, left the Gunsniper clueless and stunned, a weakness Max took advantage of. With a quick teeter-totter motion, the swaying catching JC off guard, he tackled the Gunsniper, sending it crashing to its knees. "Gotcha" Max said, triumphing over the Gunsniper pilot.

End of chapter.

This is my first fic so pls review!!!