Fan Fiction ❯ 9 Dummies in theAstral Plane ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Rogue danced around wildly in her room, music pumping out of her stereo. It must’ve eleven o’clock at night, but it didn’t matter. She’d waited for her “special song” to come on the radio and she planned on savoring the moment. She whirled around to turn it up a little more only to come face to face with one angry Xavier Institution student.
“God! Turn it down, everyone’s trying to sleep.” Whined Alison (aka Magma,) her eyes bulging out of her head in irritation.
“Ah’m sorry, sugah. Ah’ll keep it down.” Rogue smiled. Just then, the song ended. She walked over to the stereo and turned it off. Alison slammed the door shut and retreated back into her room.
Rogue flipped the lights off and sighed. She collapsed onto her bed, twirling one of her prominent snow white streaks around her fingers. She couldn’t be anymore bored if she tried. It was almost more boring than every episode of Scooby-Doo and the Flintstones stuck together to make the most bland television show ever on nation TV!
“Ah wish they’d stop rerunning the, cartoons.” She said aloud to herself and rolled over.
“X-men,” said a telepathic voice from inside her head, “please, report to Hank’s lab immediately.” It was the familiar voice of Charles Xavier, the bald caretaker of the Xavier Institute.
“Finally, some action!” Thought Rogue, suspending herself in midair and flying all the way down to the hallways, pass the other x-men, towards the elevator.

“Sorry it’s so late, but it’s an emergency.” Xavier had a concerned look on his face which he shared with a blue bluff mutant, standing in front of a green holographic screen of light that stretched throughout the whole left wall of the lab.
“What’s wrong professor?” Asked Cyclops, standing in a full attention in his stretchy black x-men uniform. His visor gleamed, ready for action.
“In the middle of the night, I felt something. Like a telepathic cry for help. Anyway, I sensed how urgent it was and was able to somehow receive information transported directly from the being. It was Jubilee. I checked up on her and found that she was unconscious. I was able to view her mind and found out that there is something in the astral plane, effecting her significantly in a negative way.”
(FYI)The astral plane is an area of the mind that shows your inner thoughts and feelings in a symbolic way. For example, if you were feeling trapped, you would appear in a cage. If you were a strong individual, you’d appear in armor or something.
“We need you guys to explore her astral plane and seek and correct the interruption.” Xavier pointed to the holographic wall. “That’s the astral gate, go through it, but be careful.”
“Will do, professor,” replied Cyclops and ran headlong through the gate, followed by Storm, Colossus, Gambit, and Rogue. The other’s stayed behind, only to enter in case of emergency.

“This place sucks.” Mumbled Rogue. She survey the dark terrain. The sky was dark and empty. The ground around her looked a lot like a crater.
“Stop complaining, we had to find and solve whatever is hurting Jubilee. Let’s split up.” But before Cyclops could finish his game plane, there was a sudden high pitch squeaky buzzing sound. No, it wasn’t a sound, but a voice.
“Look, it’s the dark moon circus minions!” Cried the voice.
All the x-men turned around to come face to face with nine little girl, but one of them stood in lead of the others. She had long blond pigtails that was balled up out of her head. She legs were incredibly long. It was twice as long as her body.
“It’s a little girl.” Whispered Colossus, now in his metal armor.
“No, it can’t be. Look how malformed her body is.” Replied Cyclops.
“Maybe she has a disease.”
“Retard or not, she shouldn’t be here.”
Cyclops focused his attention to them as the other x-men stood, rearing for action.
“Who are you? Why are you here?” He asked.
“We won’t let you succeed, dead moon circus?” Squealed the girl and held up a strange stone in the shape of a crescent moon.
“Moon Prism power make up!”
They all watched as the girl was totally engulfed in light. She started to twirl around like some drunk ballerina. She twirled and twirled and twirled. Boring. Boring. Boring. Doo. Dee. Doo. La. La. La. It was all just a boring choreographed show.
“Ah can’t take it anymore!” Shrilled Rogue, flying towards the girl, with her fist extended before her to strike.
“No, she isn’t done changing yet!” Cried all the other girls frantically.
It was too late, the girl was laying sprawled on the floor and Rogue hovered over the body in victory. From the group of girls, a little pink haired girl stepped forward, addressing the x-men.
“That’s it, I won’t let you hurt anyone else, dead moon circus! By the behalf of the moon, I swear I’ll-” She never finished her untimely unnecessary lecture of the moon and crap like that. She was hit with an red optic beam and was now laying ten feet behind the girls.
“Cyclops!” Huffed Storm, glaring at her partner.
“What? I slipped.”

Converting /tmp/phpFfNYT2 to /dev/stdout