Fan Fiction ❯ A Dead Man's Heart ❯ After School ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I've figured it out ^_^ This story is like a prequel to the movie and stuff. It's mainly to set up characters and situations. I'll write a second story when this one is done… or rather post it since I've already written some of it. I hate school but I can't wait for it to start so I can see my friends ^_^ They give me bunches of inspiration and ideas (not that all of them are exactly good)…
 
This chapter's shorter than my first two, I think… Anyway, thanks to you guys who are reading this, but could you please review. Some feedback would be really nice. Oh! And about the non-con, if you want me to post it, it will be under the joint account Psycho Sisters Inc. But you have to review this story if you want me to post it at all.
 
Thanks for reading this far,
-StraitJacket
 
 
Chapter 4: After School
 
 
 
When'd you get here? Came Ryan's voice from beside her.
 
 
Ragena's brow knitted as she slowly roused herself from the world of Ink and Paper she often buried herself in. She looked up at the wraith and asked him, “What? …Oh! Uh, well I've been sitting outside for maybe,” she glanced at her watch, “over an hour and a half … Something made me wait outside…”
 
The ghost cocked an eyebrow at her but shook his head. Why'd you want to come back?
 
Rage shrugged, “Something made me, just like something made me wait outside.” She watched him study her for a moment before returning to her book. As soon as she was on the last sentence of the book, it was plucked from her fingers. She let out an annoyed shout and glowered up at the Shade, who glared back.
 
I said, what made you? He repeated as she stood and snatched at the book. He held it up out of her reach and smirked at her challengingly.
 
“I dunno, something makes me do something and it's always better if I do what it says. It made me come back and ask you if I could come back and then made me wait outside. Now, may I please have my book back?”
 
He glanced at the miserable condition of the object in question. How many times have you read this thing?
 
“I don't know, maybe hundreds…” she answered, before carefully snatching the book from him when he lowered it slightly into her range of reach. He let out a small growl at the action and turned to see where she was. Somehow, she had not only taken the book from him, but was now sitting in one of the better chairs on the opposite side of the lobby finishing her book.
 
How'd you… He then shook his caged head, Never mind…
 
“I usually go unnoticed most of the time, overlooked,” answered Rage, as she closed her book. “Everybody does it.”
 
You really are an odd little girl.
 
He smirked at the slight glare she sent him, “I am NOT little, I'm vertically challenged.”
 
You never commented about the odd part…
 
“Well, I guess that means I'm odd then,” she grinned slightly. Ragena leaned back slightly in the chair and gazed at the ceiling for a while.
 
What are you doing? He asked after a moment.
 
“Wondering… Maybe you can answer this… When I left here I had to take one of the trails to get around two teens coming this way. On the bus, I watched them come in here and I don't think they came out of here. All I want you to answer though is: Are they going to bother me anymore?” She never took her eyes off the ceiling, but waited quietly for him to answer.
 
Er, no… he said. Rage nodded.
 
“Somehow, I didn't think they would,” she said.
 
><><><><><><><><& gt;<><><><><><><><><> <
 
It was almost dark when Ragena left, but that odd Calm she brought with her didn't leave as quickly as it did that morning, and its presence didn't make him as uncomfortable as before. The asylum around him gave a shuddering sigh as it settled from the heat of the day. Ryan was almost out of the lobby when curiosity struck him.
 
-What was the kid looking at?- he wondered. He phased over to the chair she had been sitting in and looked up. A dark red stain had seeped through and made its presence known on the ceiling. His eyes widened slightly, that was the room where he stashed his victims until they died or he tired of playing with them. He wondered about the child for a moment as he felt the Calm ease up on his mind. Shaking his head he phased up to the second story and waited for the calm to completely let go before opening the door to the office.
 
The Blonde wasn't where he left her. Instead she was lying in the middle of the room, in a pool of her own blood. She had woken up and cut her wrists. It had to have been done when he was with Ragena. He cursed loudly and glared at the corpse.
 
That would have been his fun for a next few days.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
And there ya go. I'm workin on the next chapter now. It'll be set later on, when Rage's a bit older and Ryan and her get along better.
 
I'm gonna go eat lunch now… I think I still have a pack of ramen left…
 
Review if you want to read about what Ryan did to the Blonde this is the last reminder.
 
Thanks for reading this far,
-StraitJacket