Fan Fiction ❯ A Difference of Lives ❯ Sacrifice ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Difference of Lives
Chapter 1: Sacrifice
By: Amerise M. A. Rei
 
 
The dark grayish blue water of the ocean crashed and slammed against a creaky wooden dock. A hooded girl with a blanket bundled up in her arms, walked to the end of the unstable dock. The girl revealed a baby with deep grayish blue eyes and very fair skin. She placed the little bundle of joy in a little boat that rocked back and forth. She placed a little medallion in his grasp that resembles the sun with a dark blue stone in the middle. The water of the ocean became more violent as the moments passed and the sky began to pour rain while bolts of lightning began to touch down on the earth.
The hooded girl knelt down to the tiny boat and said "Be safe my little one, for one day you will face many dangers upon your return. May the Deities in the heavens protect you through you journey, for we will meet again” She leaned over and planted a kiss on his tiny forehead. "Fare well...My dear sweet boy." She slowly lowered her pride and joy from her protective embrace, as tears she shed trickled down her face and landed on the medallion. When her tears made contact, the medallion started to glow a dark blue hue, the same color as the stone on the medallion and the young hooded mother's eyes.
As the hooded mother pushed the small boat away, the storm raged on as it tossed the tiny boat. The waves were now as tall as trees that has lived hundreds of years and continued to crash into the dock but also the small kingdom walls. The boat was farther out in the ocean and the medallion's blue glow was still very visible.
Waves the size of Tsunami's had smashed against the structures of the Kingdom was crumbling anything in it's path. The young mother gasped in realization of the danger her beloved child is in. She closed her eyes and started to pray towards the heavens. She then, began to chant out, louder and louder while her whole being started to glow a bluish tint.
The waves drove into the docks, yet had no effect on her. When the docks finally gave away, she floated above the surface of the water instead of being swept away in the deep blue sea's grasp. She continued to chant and her bluish shade soon resembled the medalion in her son's grasp. The light soon enveloped her and surrounded her in a protective bubble.
She gave one last longing glance at the floating vessel, holding the precious cargo before a serious expression took on to her face. She clasped her hands before her and closed her eyes once again to concentrate on her surroundings.
A series of waves were about to slam on the little vessel, when the glow from the medalion grew as large as the vessel and shielded everything inside it from harm.
"Goodbye...Sky. I'll watch you over you and protect you, no matter where I am." She managed to say weakly, choking on her tears and loss of energy as she started to fade. A ray of light engulfed her as she started to fade into it while another beam of light shone over the vessel's barrier. She then disappeared with the ray of light that surrounded her and the beam protecting her son grew stronger and brighter, adding to the barrier around him until it had no more to give. The vessel was surrounded by the new found light that shone like a beacon in the storm, life force that was sacrificed for his well being.
 
A woman at her peak of Adult hood walked confidently through the forest that surrounds her village, as she kept a constant visual on her surroundings, for she knew what types of dangers inhabited in the heart of it. Her bright cerulean eyes and waist long lavender hair pierced though the dark forest background as if she were some rare and exotic plant. She was the average height for a woman in her tribe and wore clothes that stated that her rank was high. She wore a purple sleeveless tang and a pair of black Capri's, and on her feet she wore slip-ons made with a sturdy material of Silver. Her hair was pulled back regally into a bun wrapped with two layers of braids around it. The ends of the braids are tied by a silver ribbon at the nape of her neck that let her hair drape like a ponytail to her waist.
Her keen ears picked up a cry outside of the forest boundaries. "What could that be?" She wondered as she walked towards the sound. As she walked on, the sound became more distinct and louder. From her walking, she broke into trotting and then she started to sprint towards the source, anxious to see if her suspicions were correct. She raced past many of the native wildlife in her hurry to reach the source of all the crying. She parted many leaves and flowers that were almost or as tall as her while those that were too little to pay any heed to were trampled on.
<"The crying is... coming from... the beach. I'd better go... and see what it is."> She commented to her self breathlessly in her native tongue.
Finally, the forest dirt started to mix with the pure white grains sand, until there was no more dirt in sight. She parted some thick bushes that were in her path until there was a clearing; behind it, a scenic view of dark azure background. As she walked farther down the beach, the crying was very distinct and she continued to walk forward in caution.
<"The cry belongs to a baby, there's not doubt about it. I wonder where it's mother is?"> She said to her self as the tiny boat came into view. <"Why...That boat could barely hold one person in it, let alone Two.> Her confusion started to build as she walked closer to the vessel.
When she finally reached the boat, she stared down with a look of confusion at the little bundle of joy to gaze at the brightest blueiest-gray eyes she'd ever seen that soon melted her expression to that of a heart-warming smile. The tyke stared back at her with the same wonder on his face but turned to a happy expression just as quickly. He ceased his crying and started to giggle as if he'd always been a happy baby.
The villager made one more careful scan of the perimeter and then resumed all her attention to the baby in the boat. She bent down to the boat and carefully placed the baby in her arms, beaming as she gently rocked him, not noticing the medalion that fell in the boat.
<"Now, I wonder where you drifted from. Is your mother looking for you, hmm?"> She asked with a soft melodic voice, not really expecting an answer. <"I know it's against Arzonic rules to bring in outsiders to the tribe, but I think I can make you an exception. I wonder who would leave such a cute baby out here in the middle of nowhere, to be left to fend for yourself. I think you would much rather prefer to live in a safe haven, where you don't have to worry about being a pray to the common predators, hmm..?">
As she continued to talk to the baby, the medalion started to glow again, getting brighter by the second. When she finally caught a glimpse of it, she was alarmed by it and flipped backwards a couple of feet from the boat. She stood there defensively, protecting the baby from the would-be danger and held him close to her. The light emanating from the medalion became so bright and blinding that she had to shield her and the baby's eyes. When the light ebbed away, she looked to see what that was all about but found that she was in some sort of Bluish void and not on the beach anymore. She held the baby even closer to her as she pivoted around looking at her surroundings. Panic started to set in, as she didn't know where she was or how she got there. As she started to calm down and tried to get a bearing of what has happened, she felt a strong presence or life force behind her.
~Star...~
<"Huh?! Who said that?...How do you know my name?!"> She yelled, pivoting franticly trying to see who was behind her. Panic was setting in again and she didn't like it. <"Sh-Show yourself!">
Just as she had demanded, a bright blue mist or cloud started to appear before her. Star became defensive once again and was determined to protect the baby in her arms more than anything.
~I won't hurt you...or Sky~
That being said, a more prominent figure started to form within the cloudy mist. The figure was feminine and had piercing blue eyes. The figure was as tall as she was but had fairer skin. As she became more visible, she looked to be only a few years younger than Star and was very beautiful. She wore a white and azure dress that accented her figure nicely and had long black hair that cascaded down on the floor, tied by a single white ribbon at her waist. She looked very young but here eyes tell you not to be deceived by her youthful appearance for she has seen and knows many things.
Star just stared at her in awe, without realizing what she was doing, she snapped out of the little dream and backed away from her.
<"Who are you? Why have you brought us here?">
~My name is Luna. I meant what I said. I won't harm you or him. ~ Luna said calmly and smiled warmly at them. ~We are in a realm that I created with my will. Please know that, all I want is to know that he is in safe keeping now~
<"You are his mother.">
~Yes, I am. I did my best to bring him to safety until he would be found. I know that this might be a burden on you but can you please look after my little angel? I used all my Life force to make sure that he had a safe voyage across the oceans. I don't have a physical body or enough will to make one, other than in this realm. My whole reason for being is so that he is safe. I won't bother you or your people if you refuse.~
<"You need not worry Luna. I'll take great care of him...and care for him as if he were my own.">
~Thank you. All I ask is that you don't reveal to him who I am until I find it is the right time and he is ready to know of my existence. Please...Take care. The both of you.~
Luna walked up to Star and her sun Sky. She looked into his eyes one last time and kissed him on the forehead as she did on the dock. She smiled sincerely and gave a thank you peck on Star's cheek. "We will". Star said in Luna's tongue, with a soft smile and tears running down her cheeks.
 
As soon as that was said, a bright light enveloped them and she found herself on the beach where she had been before being taken to the ethereal realm. Star held the sleeping boy close to her as she walked over to the boat to retrieve the medalion. It still had its azure glow to it when she picked it up and placed it over her head.
<"I'll protect and guard him with my life".>