Fan Fiction ❯ A Raven's Cry ❯ Interviews... ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: Sorry about the long break in updates, again. I was away for the last week, and had no access to any electronics, so I was unable to update. I hope to update two or three more times this week, but next week, I will be gone again. After that, I should be able to update more regularly. Please R&R

A Raven's Cry

Chapter 23

Marcie Wells broke into a wide grin. "Did I here that right? There are rumors flying of a secret wedding, but a nursery? Do tell."
Raven scowled at Beastboy. "Great job."
"I didn't know she was going to be early. Sorry."
Raven turned back to the still smiling reporter. "Look, we had hoped to keep that a secret for as long as possible. There are a lot of people who would be willing to use this against us."
Marcie nodded, "Say no more, not a word of that will make it onto the show, on one condition."
"What?"
"When you are ready to talk about it, I get the scoop."
"You'll be the first reporter I call."
"Deal." She stood and looked at the gathered heroes, "So, do you want to get started early, seems as how I'm already here?"
Robin nodded. "No reason not too. What do you want us to do?"
"Well, I want to interview you both together and separately. All together first, I think. Where do you want me to set up?"
"Will down there work?" Robin pointed to the sunk in portion of the room, where their couches and T.V. were.
"That should be fine." She hefted a large padded case and carried it to the couches.
As soon as she seemed to be out of earshot, Robin walked over to Raven and Beastboy. "What do you mean about the nursery?"
"Well," Raven answered, "My mother was pregnant with me for two months. The midwife isn't sure how long I'm going to be pregnant. She thinks it might be about four months."
"Okay. It won't take long to get a nursery set up. Cyborg said that he can put a door from your room to the next one."
"Cool." Raven walked to a cupboard a pulled out a box of tea. Beastboy jumped up and put a pot of water on the stove. "You go sit, I'll take care of it."
Raven fixed him with a cold glare, "I can fix my own tea."
"You can, doesn't mean you need to." He gently guided her back to her seat before turning back to the cupboard and pulling out a mug. He set the mug on the counter and dropped a teabag into it. When the teapot started to whistle, he poured the steaming water into it and took it to Raven. "Here you go."
"Thanks." She took it with a grateful smile and took a careful sip.
Marcie walked back from the other side of the room. "I'm all set up. Who wants to go first?"
All eyes immediately turned to Robin. "Go ahead, fearless leader." Cyborg said with a smirk. "You got us into this after all."
Robin stood, a grim look on his face. "Right, let's get this over with."
Robin sat uncomfortably on the previously comfortable couch, staring into the unblinking eye of the camera. From the other end of the couch, Marcie spoke, "It helps if you look at me, instead of the camera."
Robin's gaze shifted to the reporter, "Right, okay."
"First of all, please say your name and spell it."
"Robin, R, O, B, I, N."
"That's it?"
"That's it."
"Alright then." She shifted through a few pages that she held. "Can you tell us anything about your past?"
"Nothing new, really. Until five years or so ago I was Batman's sidekick. Since then, I've led the team here."
"What prompted you to leave Gotham?"
"I had a... falling out with Batman. I came here, and the Justice League helped me put this team together, mostly as a sort of experiment."
"Put five super-powered teens in a giant letter T and see what happens?"
"That's how it turned out, I think it's worked out pretty well."
"I don't think anyone would disagree with you on that. Any plans for the future?"
"Nothing specific right now. I'm not planning on going anywhere right now."
"So what are your views on the recent changes in the tower, mainly the marriage of two team members?"
"I'll admit, I worried that it might cause problems, but it only seems to have made us stronger as a team."
"Anyone that you have your eye on?"
Robin shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "I'd rather not talk about that, actually."
"No? Is that a yes then?"
"Like I said, I'd rather not talk about that."

Marcie looked nervously at the orange skinned girl bobbing a few inches above the couch. "So, you're Starfire."
"Yes." Starfire looked around nervously, "I do not understand what is to happen. What is this 'inter' that you wish to view?"
"No, it means that I am going to ask you some questions."
"I see. Then you are to interrogate me?"
"Not quite. You don't have to answer anything that you don't want to, I just want to find out a little bit about you."
"I still do not understand, but I shall try to answer your questions."
"Good." Her gaze traveled to Starfire's hand. "Um, what's with the mustard?"
Starfire grinned as she held the bright yellow bottle up. "This is my favorite of earth foods." She took a swig from the bottle before grinning again."
"Right." She took a deep breath and looked over her papers. "Alright then, could you please say your name and spell it for me?"
"Korind'r. In your language I believe it is spelled K, O, R, I, N, D, apostrophe, R.
"So, Starfire is not your real name?"
"It is what I am called by my friends."
"A nickname, then."
"Yes, a name of nick."
"Right... So, why don't you tell me a little about where you are from?"
"I am from the planet Tamaranian. It is a mostly pink and purple planet thirty or so light-years from earth."
"What is it like there?"
"We are farmers, mostly, as well as poets and philosophers. When we are pushed into a war, though, we are very formidable."
"I see."

--------------------

Cyborg settled into the couch, an easy smile on his face as Marcie questioned him. "So, what is your part in the team?"
Cyborg shrugged, "I provide the transportation, some other tech the team needs, and keep the tower up and running. I guess you could say that I also provide the heavy artillery."
"You're the oldest member of the Titans, right?"
"Yep, I'm about a year older than Rob."
"Does this cause any problems in the team?"
"Not really, I'm basically everybody’s big brother."
"So, as everybody's big brother, what do you think of Beastboy and Raven's relationship?"
Cyborg looked across the room, watching Raven and Beastboy talking, laughing together. "I'm happy for them. At first, I was kinda leery, but they seem to do well together, they've actually got a lot in common."

--------------------

Beastboy and Raven sat side by side on the couch, waiting for Marcie to return from the bathroom. Raven watched as Beastboy slowly opened and closed his fist. She leaned forward slightly to whisper in his ear, "What's wrong?"
"I think it's your scent."
"My scent?" she sounded mildly put off by his statement.
"Yeah. The last few days, you're scent has been different and it's affecting a more animal part of my mind."
"What do you mean?"
"I keep getting weird urges."
"Urges?"
"Yeah, I keep getting this weird urge to hide you in a cave and bring you dead rabbits."
"Dead rabbits?"
"Yeah, some predatory/protecting my mate thing."
"You're not going to are you?"
"Nah." He paused and seemed to think about it, "I'd bring you tofu."
Raven sighed and shook her head, just don't get any bright ideas."
"Seriously, though, having a perfect stranger so close isn't helping my nerves."
"Well, don't worry, she's just a reporter."
"The thing is, we don't know who Trigon has working for him, she might come back with a gun, or worse."
"Well, I'm sure that no harm will come to me as long as you're here."
"You got that right." He said with a scowl, "Nobodies laying a finger on you."
Marcie walked in and settled onto the other end of the couch. She picked up her notes and shuffled through the pages, "Ready?"
"Yup." Raven answered."
Marcie turned the camera back on with a remote. "Alright, where was I? Ah, congratulations on you're wedding." Both Beastboy and Raven nodded in thanks. "Any plans for the future, moving into your own home, maybe?"
"This is home." Raven answered.
"Yeah, I can't see us ever leaving."
"Any other big news from you two?"
Raven's face darkened, "No."
Marcie smiled at her, "Alright then."

A/N: I’ve just added on to this chapter, nothing really important to it. Truth be told, I didn’t like the way this chapter turned out, and I haven’t gotten any reviews, so I’m assuming nobody else did either. Back to the normal story line now…