Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale of Two Pirates ❯ Can You Handle It? ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Here we go with another chapter. This is a basic information chapter and Coleen fixing the Ct-37’s as part of her initiation.

Good news for me! I finally found out that Tale Spin is shown late at night, which means more Don Karnage for me! Thanks for all of your kind reviews and:

Aly Teima: Trust me, I know about the Mary Sue. I’ve read too many Mary Sue fanfics, I’m handling this situation carefully, as I do with all of my OC fanfics. One of my OC fanfics for an anime called Inuyasha is the most popular fanfic about a minor character with over 1000 reviews and it was an OC pairing. I’m quite proud of it.

Electric sword: Thanks for your comments; I’m glad I could do Dumptruck justice. There will be more of him, and some more Mad Dog as well.

Here’s chapter 3!

I I I

A Tale of Two Pirates

Chapter 3: Can You Handle It?

I I I

Dumptruck and Coleen came upon the CT-37 revamp site to see several of the pirates working on an assortment of planes.

“I’ll help you vith the planes.” The brawny one gratified as they walked past several of the planes which were being attended to by various pirates of Don’s crew. Finally they stopped at one that Mad Dog and Ratchet were working on. He figured that he could help his friend out and have Coleen lend a hand.

“Hey Mad Dog.” The gray Bulldog said as he peered under the plane to see Mad Dog tinkering away.

“What do you want?” The lean one replied from tightening a bolt underneath. “Get down here and help me.”

“Sure, I brought someone to help us.” He gestured with his arm to the blonde vixen, who looked perplexed at the airplane.

The pirate scooted out from under the plane and looked at Coleen. “What’s she doing with you?”

“Ve’re showing her how to fix an airplane.”

“Oh simply great.” The brown one stood up and handed her a wrench. “Your first job is to get under there and tighten any loose bolts; you can do that, right?” Mad Dog asked, unamused.

“Seems simple enough.” Coleen replied, taking the wrench from Mad Dog and sliding under the CT-37 and beginning to tighten up the loose bolts while Mad Dog, Dumptruck and Ratchet began to repair other parts of the plane.

This was not as effortless as it looked, and a few times, Coleen got some oil on her black leather attire. The blonde made an annoyed face “That was my most up-to-date outfit…These pirates had better go on a plundering spree soon, so I can get some new fashionable clothes. I don’t want to look like a grease globe.”

After they got finished repairing the plane, there were several tasks that they had to complete along the way. It was Coleen, Mad Dog and Dumptruck who accomplished most of the tasks together.

Mad Dog was unamused at working with a new recruit, especially a female recruit. He didn’t want to be bested by her and felt that she was a pure neophyte who didn’t know the first thing about being an air pirate. That and he was always apprehensive of new member, ever since Kit Cloudkicker betrayed them so long ago.

Dumptruck seemed to be fond of her; there was something about her that made him doting of her. The fact that she complemented him and told him that the air pirates had potential made him feel exceptional, at least in her eyes. Usually, the only compliments he received were from his captain. He didn’t think this would be a replicate of anything and seemed to have complete trust in her.

Ratchet seemed nonchalant about the whole ordeal, just a bit bewildered as to why the captain would want a woman on the crew with all of them. They had seemed to get along just fine without women of any sort before, so why now? And why her?

She was a pirate, but a land pirate. Would she really get used to the air pirate life?

He and most of the air pirates were wondering the same thing, and there was no trace of Karnage all day. Ever since he went into the captain’s quarters of the ship, he hasn’t come out. Perhaps he was busy devising the latest scheme to plunder Cape Suzette, or finally find a way to outmatch Baloo and Hire for Hire.

One could only wonder what Don’s marvelous mind was hatching within the confines of the captain’s quarters.

The blonde pirate was going about her work. She was polishing up one of the pirate planes. She was going to make sure that it shown like new. She gave the plane delicate strokes with the polishing rag over the dark surface.

She saw her reflection looking back at her.

‘Don Karnage…Could it really be? Could he be the one from my past?’

An image of a juvenile Don Karnage, then an adult Don Karnage went through her head. ‘He does kind of look like the one from long ago…He went off to be a pirate with his father, and I wanted to become one as well, but my parents never understood. They always wanted me to be more like them and thought my childhood friend just influenced me…’

Imagery continued to run through her head.

There was a huge wedding chapel, beautiful and white, and Coleen had been invited to be the maid of honor to her sister’s wedding. There were some pretty famous people there, considering her family was quite well off and her father was a big time CEO.

Madam Corsette, an old vulture dressed in a shiny blue bridesmaid dress and wearing huge pears around her neck, was standing behind her as the wedding proceeded. Madam Corsette had known Coleen from a young age and the two had talked before the wedding.

Finally, it came time for the big event among the ladies- the tossing of the bouquet. Coleen stood in the front of the crowd, clad in an elaborate and somewhat sexy blood red bridal gown, looking a bit solemn and at the ground more then at her sister.

The beautiful and full bouquet, adorned with many different flowers of all different sizes and shapes, went flying through the air and right over the dejected fox’s shoulder and into Madam Corsette’s arms.

Madam Corsette looked a bit confused, that all of the women but Coleen rushed and scrambled to get the bouquet, and landed in a small heap with women stumbling over each other, some falling onto the floor and contributing to the heap.

The lone vixen stood there like a statue, never even flinching from that very place.

Madam Corsette looked at the young woman with concern, she certainly didn’t act like any normal bouncy teenager.

The old vulture went over to Coleen with the bouquet.

“Didn’t you want to be the next to be married?” She asked.

“I’m not interested in any of this. I came at my sister’s request.”

Her mother leaned into to Madam Corsette, where only she could hear. “Don’t worry; she’s still stuck on going to find her friend who ran off to become a pirate. She honestly thinks that she’ll find him. “

The blonde vixen sighed as she looked into her reflection in the surface of the plane.

‘Will I ever find the one from my past?’

TBC

A/N: There’s another chapter down, the next chapter will be about Don Karnage’s thoughts on the matter. Hope you all enjoyed. I’ll update very soon!