Fan Fiction ❯ Almetrious ❯ A Broken Heart. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Al slowly opened her eyes to the glare of the sun shining off her wall.

'How the freak did my curtains get open?' thought the still mostly asleep elf.

"Surprise sunshine!" came a sing-songy voice from across the room

'Oh crap. It's Linda.' She thought. For yes, it was none other than Linda, the most dangereous, egotistical,
cutest seven-year-old in the world.

"What are you doing here runt?" Al asked the diminutive child while sitting up and rubbing her tired eyes.

Linda pouted. "Oh sure, here I am, waking my bestest buddy in the world, bringing her breakfast in bed-"

"Did you say breakfast?" Al asked interestedly.

Linda sniffed. "Maybe, but if you're going to be in a bad mood, I might not give it to you!"

"I'm always in a bad mood." Al reminded her.

"That's true." Linda brightened. "So, get anything good yesterday?"

"Wouldn't you like to know. Your brother here?" Al asked her.

"Yeah, he's waiting downstairs. You will not believe what the twerp did."

"What'd the twerp did?"

"He went and got himself a girlfriend! And that's not all. She's already married!"

Al groaned. "Oh, the idiot. Please tell me you're joking."

"Not a bit."

"Great. Did he know this before? Or is he broken hearted and needing a shoulder to sob on."

"Oh, more like the latter of the two" The precocious girl said.

"Hmm... give me food and I will see what I can do."

"Kay." Linda smile and handed Al the food. Al ate it quickly before slipping out of her pink,
unicorn covered P.J.s and her yellow bunny slippers (AN: yes, even badass thieves need bunny slippers
comforting sleepwear. Don't like it? Too bad.) and into her jeans. She grabbed one of her favorite sweaters
("Jorlan University! Home of the Werecats") and headed downstairs. As soon as she got to the bottom of the steps, she could already here the sobbing of one broken-hearted teen. 'Great, just what I needed. A blubbering 17-year-old boy. Could my day get any worse.'

She stepped into the living room and saw Linda comforting a brown-haired boy of 17. Linda's brother, Johnathan "Nate", was a... very emotional boy. He was in almost constant need of love and attention. He could be strong, when he was working, but he fell in love with people too easily and saw good in them that just wasn't there.

"Nate, who was it this time?" Al asked in a bored tone.

"Oh Al! She was the most beautiful person in the world! She was perfect, funny, honest, and everything a man could want in a girl!"

"Oh, so she was lesbian?"

"Exactl- no! She wasn't, but she was just... amazing. Her name was Astrine..." He drifted off with a sigh.

"Oh. You mean the amazon?"

The dreamy-eyed boy sighed. "Yes."

There came a giggle from the girl across the room, and Al fought to hold hers in.

"So, she was perfect, hmm? Just like Pepper, Cindy, Lorie, Twire, Wacky the clown, Jenini, Sander, Picket, am I forgetting anyone?"

"Sarah, Mercedes, June, Caprica, Untamed the centaur, Sasha, Mannia, and umm...." Linda piped in.

"Cynthia. But no, she was more perfect than all of them! Her golden hair went all the way down to her firm buttocks, her..." Linda and Al walked out, leaving the poor boy to talk to himself about his latest heartache.

"So, we gonna see your latest finds now?" Linda asked.

"We'll have to wait for loverboy, and that may take a while." Al stated, and the two went to the kitchen for tea.


_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Next chapter, we finally see the items!!

I got Word now, so my next chapter should also have spell check! Yay spellcheck!!!!