Fan Fiction ❯ An Elf Princess, A Rider of Rohan, and a Fangirl ❯ An Elf Princess, A Rider of Rohan, and a Fangirl ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Barring sudden and unexpected proof that I am the reincarnation of JRRT, I own nothing.

A/N the 1st: This was inspired by a plot bunny I got from SkyFire's plot bunny generators (http://www.geocities.com/rabid_plotbunny/). It went something like "Arwen and a Rider of Rohan shoot someone while in the woods." Check out her fics, they're highly amusing. Consider this Arwen a bow to her obsessive!Arwen.

A/N the 2nd: I lied, I do own something: the Eowyn comment, which I stole from a fic I'm working on.

A/N the 3rd: I'm allowed to diss slash fangirls, as I am one and this is all in good fun.

***

Arwen and a Rider of Rohan who'd been sent to protect her were going through the forest. Boredom had led them out here, but the furtive rustlings in the bushes made it seem as if they might acomplish something. Under Arwen's direction the Rider shot an arrow in the direction of the sound.

A moment later there was a high pitched yelp, followed by a muttered "That *hurt*."

They emerged in a clearing to find a girl pinned to a tree her shirt sleeve. Judging by the clothing, it could only be an early 21st century fangirl. They'd seen a lot of those lately.

Arwen glanced at the arrow, then dismissed it. "You're not hurt. It barely scratched you."

The fangirl tugged at the arrow ineffectually. "Shut up. It'll scar," she said tragicly.

Arwen eyed the fangirl like she was something nasty she'd stepped in. "May I ask what you're doing here?"

"Looking for Legolas." More weak tugging at the arrow.

No big surprise there. Still, he'd been getting awfully friendly with Aragorn lately.. "Of course," Arwen said with only a hint of a smirk. "Let me help you find him."

"That'd be great," came the oblivious reply. "'Cause he and Aragorn would be _so_ hot together."

If the fangirl had any sense at all, she'd have noticed the way Arwen was twitching. On that thread, she'd have figured out who Arwen was and not said anything at all.

But honestly people. This is a hormonal slash fanatic teenager we're dealing with. A lack of common sense is practicly a prerequisite.

"Don't you think so? I'll just distract Arwen with Eowyn in whipped-cream lingerie and then lock Aragorn and Legolas in a room until they start confessing their love." The fangirl sighed in the way that only the extremely delusional can. "Won't that be great?"

Arwen was rather busy trying desperately to purge herself of the mental image the Eowyn comment had provided.

The fangirl remembered she was stuck to the tree. "Um, a little help please?"

After staring at the girl for a moment, Arwen quickly whispered her instructions to the Rider of Rohan. He shot several more arrows, effectively pinning the girl to the tree.

"Meep!"

Arwen smirked. "It's been nice chatting with you, but I need to go find Aragorn."

And with the Rider in tow, left the girl in the clearing.

The rather desolate and isolated clearing.

"...Help? Someone? Anyone there?"



End