Fan Fiction ❯ Angelic Dreams ❯ Last Request ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two
August 12th, 2001 AD
Planet: Zea- the underground city

"Where'd you say you were going, again?" Seri asked, panting from following me so quickly to Nai's dojo. "And what's so important that you can't stop to talk to your best friend?"
"I'm going to a planet called Earth," I sighed, tearing the door open and walking right on into Nai's office.
"Hey, um.. Kaita? I don't think you should be in here... Nai might-"
"Nai's not going to do anything, all right?!" I spun around to the curious girl behind me.
I hadn't told anyone of what had happened. I was afraid people would panic. I feared it would just make everything worse. So I buried Nai's body behind his little house which took me forever to find - he had no family on this planet, so his burial was short and quick. I just went straight home after that - telling my mother not to expect me home for a few months. I just told her that Nai was taking me out for some 'secret' training, and she bought it. I only had one thing on my mind - Earth. I would go to Earth, find the 'peace-making' thing or whatever, and bring it back here in an attempt to save the galaxy. It was suicidal... it was stupid - but that chance was worth taking. I trust Nai - what he says is correct. And he says peace will come from Earth, so it WILL come from Earth. It has to. It must. I would do anything for my home - to destroy the Geels. I have to defend my race - I must make my training worthwhile.
"Kaita.." Seri said slowly, "What's wrong?"
"There's nothing wrong," I muttered, kicking open the air vent in the back of the office, ducking inside and reaching around for the stuff about the strange planet.
"What is wrong?" Seri asked in a low voice. "Why are you going to Earth? And WHY are you sticking your head in the air vent?"
I withdrew the papers and books, dumping them into Seri's hands. "These are plans to Earth. Nai said - peace will come from Earth."
"Is Nai going?" Seri asked.
"Nai isn't here!"
"Why not? Is this some special training thing or something?"
"NO!!"
Seri's eyes turned down. "Tell me then!"
"SERI!!" I yelled at her. She dropped my papers, spinning around to leave. "Wait! I'll... tell you..."
"Heh - that's better," she said, turning back around to face me - looking down to my eye level.. she stood a few inches taller than me.. hated that eye-lowering of hers..
I took a deep breath, stared up at my friend with dark eyes - and told her everything. Everything from sneaking into Nai's office, finding out about Earth, the Geel, Nai's death, his last words... everything. "That is why.. I must leave to Earth as soon as possible."
"Kaita.." Seri put a hand over her mouth. "You.. you're going through with it?"
I nodded solemnly, gathering the papers from the floor.
"I'm coming with you," Seri said, a smirk forming over her lips.
"But-"
"No buts!" The girl interrupted. "You are my best friend, and I am NOT missing out on something like this! I am going to destroy the Geels as well - you know.. you're not the only good combat fighter here!" Seri shouted. "Besides, I AM NOT going to stay here in this boring hole!"
It was pretty true - Seri was really good at head to head combat.. she was a good thinker, and usually kept me from making stupid decisions... I guess..
"What are friends for?" I gave a weak smile. I could use her company - if I couldn't stand one thing, it was isolation.
"Hurrah!!" Seri leaped into the air for joy, bouncing up and down. "When are we leaving?"
"Hmm..? Ah.. I dunno.." I murmured. "When we can find a spaceship? They're launching next in five minutes, but we could never make that one.. and then there's the ship we can catch in a few hours."
"Sounds fine to me.. do we need anything?" Seri asked. "Clothes?"
"Naw.. I've got a bagfull of battle suits - you could wear them all week and they won't get-"
"I know.. blah blah blah.. just 'cause you're 'special' doesn't mean I don't know anything about battle. I've got a trainer too, if you hadn't noticed, and she's pretty good," Seri grinned form ear to ear. "They won't get disgustingly dirty. Wow! Finally some adventure in my life!"
"Yeah, well... this is SERIOUS adventure if you hadn't noticed," I said. "If we're going to find weapons to kill Geels with, we're going to have to think - not play, okay?"
Seri pulled her face into a frown. "No play - I know that. We're going to Earth - find some weapons or whatever.. do you KNOW that Nai meant weapons?"
"What are you talking about?" I asked. "Of course he meant weapons! What else could there be?"
"Nevermind.." Seri sighed. "I guess you're right. What species lives on Earth?"
"I think they're called.. Earth... Earthians? I dunno.." I grumbled. "Hey, can you help me with these?" I asked exasperated as some of the notes and books started to fall from my grasp.
"Okay," Seri yanked a long sheet of paper from my hold, causing me to drop everything on the floor.
"What was that for?!" I blurted.
"Uzi's, huh?" Seri murmured, reading the curling, long piece of paper. "Looks like we're going to have to find out what those are."
"They're guns, now will you roll that up?" I ordered.
"Hey, Kaita! You're not acting like your normal self today! Curmudgeon.." Seri mumbled.
"I'm sorry - but I'm NOT my normal self today, okay? My trainer is dead, the Geel's are going to destroy our base, find out about our war-plans, and blow up the planet Peig. The galaxy is going to END if WE don't do something about it - We're running out of time! Of COURSE I'm not my normal self - this isn't normal! We are going to DIE if we don't get to Earth and back in time!" I took a deep breath. Why am I not feeling right? I was trained for the soul purpose of battle! Why wasn't I ready for this? I was an elite warrior, and now what? Is my race doomed because I couldn't take that name? I couldn't live up to the responsibility of all that weight on my shoulders?!
"Calm down. Everything will be all right - we're going to win - it's okay. Everything is FINE. It's a simple task," Seri whispered soothingly. "Now take a deep breath.. you will win. We win defeat the Geels. Evil never dominates.."
My mind went blank, and I could only hear the steady beat of my heart, and Seri's cool voice... Not again! Snap out of it!! "ARGH!!" I slapped myself across the face. "Don't DO that!! You KNOW I hate your dumb hypnosis stuff, Seri!! You promised you wouldn't do that to me!"
Seri's eyes went wide. "Sorry! Habit! Didn't mean to... but it makes you feel better, doesn't it?" She smirked. One thing I can't trust about Seri - using her hypnotic powers to solve things. She has this gift - to be able to get anyone to do anything for her... but I knew her tricks - my mind was too strong for her... but there aren't many minds out there that are stronger than mine, so her powers work on many other people.
"Stupid trick - I thought you were my best friend," I sniggered. "Thanks."
"You're welcome," Seri beamed and helped me pick up the books and notes.
Her hypnosis would also come in handy if she tags along... she could get us out of a lot of trouble sometime...
Once, she and I had skipped class to see what our planet had come to.. a very STUPID thing, I must tell you - Geels were patrolling the whole area - but we were dumb kids, so we had no idea of what we were getting ourselves into. A Geel had seen us, and was raising his gun to shoot, but Seri's soothing voice made him drop his gun, and gave us long enough time to escape back underground. We were lucky he was too distracted to follow us. We would have doomed the whole force because of our foolishness.

* * * * * * * * * * *

"Hurry up! All the spaceships are gonna be gone!" Seri called to me.
"Hey! YOU"RE not the one lugging all the STUFF!" I snapped, running as fast as I could in the direction of the docking bay. Finally I reached a really annoyingly steep hill, which slowed me down a bit. I shifted a box to my right arm, grabbing the backpack strap that was slipping down my shoulder. "Maybe if you had HELPED me with some of this..."
"Hey, hey! You're stronger than ME! I can hardly LIFT that box! What d'ya got in there, anyways?" Seri asked as I made it to the top of the hill.
"F-food.." I panted. "We need to eat, you know."
"Hello, Kaita! Spaceships HAVE food in them!" Seri grumbled.
"HELLO, Seri! We cannot AFFORD the newer models!" I said, jogging on.
"No newer models?!" Seri gasped. "You mean we have to fly all the way to another GALAXY in a tini little piece of scrap metal that uses hose water in the sinks?!"
"You're so spoiled," I rolled my eyes. "YES - we ARE going in an older model. They're still pretty big - still got two floors. AND we don't have to drink the 'hose water' - we've got a filter." I sighed deeply, leaping down the hill - grateful for the downward slope. "Besides - we're not here for comfort. Remember, we're only going for-"
"I know, I know!" Seri interrupted, flipping back her short-cropped, green hair.. that hair was always bugging me... it was so dark, it was almost black in color - it plays with your eyes. "Remember - this trip is for the safety of the galaxy - the whole race is dependent on us!" She put on the best 'me' voice, laughing at her own imitation.
I sniggered - nervous laughter.
"You know what, Kaita?" Seri said.
"What?" I asked, stopping to look at my friend with full attention.
"Were we destined to do this?" Seri looked hopefully into my eyes.
I almost laughed - Seri? Asking me?! What did I know that she didn't? She was a regular problem solver.. it was also pretty weird seeing her be serious... I couldn't recall any time that she was so intent on hearing my answer... she always thought I was a little bit weird for being such a rock all the time - so serious.. so.. tense...
"Yes, Seri," I smiled softly, peering back at her and walking a little slower than before. "I believe we were. We are the beginning... of a revolution. Nothing can stop us from achieving our goals, we will win the war. At long last - we will win. I know it."
Seri smiled back at me. And right then, in that simple smile of hers - I saw our race overcome the Geels - I saw my world finally at peace... I saw hope.